3It was OK
13.8%
2Disliked it
6.3%
1Hated it
3.8%
Average 4.1
240 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2008 3:18 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
sakura is doomed
Oct 7, 2008 6:25 PM

Aug 2008
Desian said:
sakura is doomed

A 3 word post?... :D

And yes, she probably is.
Anyway, a cool episode ~Nyu ...nuff said :P
Dec 13, 2008 7:11 AM

Jul 2008
wait I don't get it.. is Saber's past life.. Arthur? == weird. jeez.. I somehow wished that Archer will come back with a flashy entrance.

Dec 22, 2008 5:31 AM

Dec 2008
Oh no not another girl with interest in Shirou in the house ; (
I dont need that

Shirou belongs to Saber!

kick the red eyed Loli out ; D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2009 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
lol jealous Saber is funny
Jul 14, 2009 4:51 PM

Oct 2008
Berserker..

Next episode

Jul 19, 2009 6:20 AM

Jul 2008
They finally got past Berserker and *gasp*, Shirou was able to make himself useful in a fight.
Sep 30, 2009 10:08 AM

Jul 2009
Am I right in thinking the Fate/Stay Night visual novel is a eroge/H-game? That explains the whole harem element XD
Oct 7, 2009 5:58 PM

Jun 2009
yakyuu-addict said:
*gasp*, Shirou was able to make himself useful in a fight.

Surprised me too, fairly badass fight, but don't think it was entertaining as watching Ber v Arch

Zell182 said:
Am I right in thinking the Fate/Stay Night visual novel is a eroge/H-game? That explains the whole harem element XD

Thats what i've heard.
Oct 20, 2009 2:21 PM

Aug 2009
nice episode.
Saber was cute when she said during training: "But we could hurt each other accidentally..." ^^
Nov 15, 2009 8:29 PM

Jan 2009
Hmmm...looks like Shirou is developing his own personal harem.

Nov 29, 2009 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
The guy has his own personal Harem... that bastard.... Well the harem makes sense since this anime is based on an eroge.... I've played a few... and all of them are someway like this anime XD... who would thought that the useless Shiro would become so useful against the good ol' Berserker alias Hercules.... I was surprised he, with Saber's support as well, defeated with just a strike of the perfect sword, Calibur, the God Hero Berserker... That was awesome.... that and him saving Tohsaka....

It's weird, but Shiro is doing a good thing protecting the loli Ilyasviel... you never know what can happen to them later on if they're focused by evil forces--- like that damned witch... finally the witch will come out of her tree trunk... I bet she will be an awesome enemy... and Sasaki Koujiro... He won't be easy to defeat as Berserker and Rider... GOOOOO Saber!!!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2009 4:48 AM

Jun 2009
I banged my head on the table when Berserker Heracles died so easily... and bang my head again when Ilya showed up in Shirou's bed.

Seriously, WTF!

It's nice to see that Ilya actually loved Heracles, not as a servant, but as a friend of some sort... Heracles seems like a slave all that time...

Now that's done. Sasaki Kojiro is next... And Saber is not exactly Miyamoto Musashi... This show have really gotten better in since episode 14...

Just when I started to like Shiroe, but he once again piss me off by saying "I wanna be the defender of Justice." Seriously dude... grow up... you're too old for that shit.

Sakura is finally going to join the story, now we'll get to see why Tohsaka care so much about her, as indicated in the past... I wonder if we'll see Shirou's friend again, the one that wear glasses... something tells me he own castor...
Dec 15, 2009 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
When Saber was on the bath and she said her body wasn't like Rin's, I thought she had a d*ck, LOL
Dec 15, 2009 11:18 AM

Jun 2009
what the hell is going on here. _That little girl killed at lease 1 person and is completely spoiled and sadistic for Pete's sake! And Sabre is jealous of her!?!
Dec 15, 2009 11:19 AM

Jun 2009
What is Sabre talking about???? Hello Shiro has already seeen ur body - u exposed urself to him completely - forgot?
Jan 23, 2010 7:22 PM

Nov 2009
The series really is picking up now, im gonna have to marathon the rest now lol
and yeah i wish archer would come back hes so cool *_*
Feb 11, 2010 1:52 PM
Jan 2010
meneope said:
What is Sabre talking about???? Hello Shiro has already seeen ur body - u exposed urself to him completely - forgot?

Are you really that stupid?
Feb 19, 2010 3:51 AM

Sep 2009
poketonip said:
When Saber was on the bath and she said her body wasn't like Rin's, I thought she had a d*ck, LOL
That's what I also thought. I still don't really understand how King Arthur is now female....whatever.
May 31, 2010 7:53 AM

Feb 2008
You know, I began to think at the beginning of this episode that maybe Shirou isn't the little bitch he used to be...but oh wait, he allows the brat Ilya into his house and returns to being a bitch. God I hate Shirou.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Sep 22, 2010 1:15 PM
Jul 2010
Shirou did something cool at least. But he still wants to be a "hero of justice". Damn you Shirou just grow up. Listen to Saber... and Rin, and well pretty much everyone.

Seeing Saber jealous of Ilya was nice but I still prefer her cold and proud moments xD About Ilya, I have mixed feelings. She was so mean and for her, killing someone seemed like just another daily casualty. However, she behaves like a little kid and that makes her somewhat lovable. Though a little psycho.

This is starting to get really interesting.
Sep 30, 2010 8:43 AM

Oct 2009
Shirou finally got some nice powers.

Awesome episode ^^

saxophone15 said:
I still don't really understand how King Arthur is now female....whatever.

Same here
Feb 14, 2011 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
Romance is picking up really fast now...

Shirou managed to think of Excalibur and utilize it to destroy berserker.

It seems like there are servants behind the scenes watching everything and being cowards afraid of face to face confrontation. Forcibly summoning the holy grail doesn't seems like a very good idea. If you aren't worthy to touch it, instant incineration...
Feb 14, 2011 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
Aurao said:
Shirou finally got some nice powers.

Awesome episode ^^

saxophone15 said:
I still don't really understand how King Arthur is now female....whatever.

Same here

It's pretty simple really. But, since I'm not really sure when exactly this comes to light in the anime series or even if it does, I'll put it in spoiler tags:

Honestly, I don't find it that hard to believe.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 20, 2011 7:09 PM
Nov 2010
This anime could be better if the loli didn't exist.
May 13, 2011 11:01 PM

Jul 2010
AirStyles said:
I banged my head on the table when Berserker Heracles died so easily... and bang my head again when Ilya showed up in Shirou's bed.

Seriously, WTF!

Just when I started to like Shiroe, but he once again piss me off by saying "I wanna be the defender of Justice." Seriously dude... grow up... you're too old for that shit.
My thoughts exactly.

Just when I thought I had gotten rid of Ilya, she shows up at his house of all places. HIS HOUSE. She has a fucking castle, for crying out loud, why is she there? No one give me any rubbish explanations, either, because raging about this obnoxious loli is just going to happen no matter what. She killed Shinji at the very least, who knows who else. Shinji was someone Shirou knew, and he doesn't care about this at all? I hope his idealism caves before this show ends. It just has to. >_>

And all of a sudden Saber is the slightly shy, blushing type. Ooookaaaaay.

Pleaase tell me we can at least kill off Sakura pretty quick here.
Jun 16, 2011 12:24 AM

Jul 2010
I don't get why everyone finds so hard to understand about saber being King Author is pretty obvious what happened even if you did not read the novel. Its just a creative angle the series took on King Author i don't mind it. Also is cool to see how saber attitude is changing throughout the anime as she falls for Emiya who continuous to do something cool followed by something stupid.

PS: For some reason the harem in this anime is starting to remind me of Sekirei lol
Jun 16, 2011 1:13 AM
Dec 2007
Fullmetal51 said:
I don't get why everyone finds so hard to understand about saber being King Author is pretty obvious what happened even if you did not read the novel. Its just a creative angle the series took on King Author i don't mind it. Also is cool to see how saber attitude is changing throughout the anime as she falls for Emiya who continuous to do something cool followed by something stupid.

PS: For some reason the harem in this anime is starting to remind me of Sekirei lol
They actually made Arthur a girl because they didn't think the Visual Novel would sell with a girl main character. So they changed the main to a guy (Shirou) and said Arthur was actually Arturia. The original Fate story was written with a girl as a main character so that's why Saber is Arthur.

Also, people pitying Shinji? I thought the "Shinji rapes Mitsuzuri" thing was added to the anime. That guy was scum.
Leon-GunJun 16, 2011 1:20 AM

Jun 16, 2011 2:29 AM

Jul 2010
oh k thanks that explains things, either way i like it. I think ill read the novel once i am done with the anime.
Fullmetal51Jun 16, 2011 2:56 AM
Jun 16, 2011 4:52 AM
Dec 2007
Fullmetal51 said:
oh k thanks that explains things, either way i like it. I think ill read the novel once i am done with the anime.
If you can stand the length (my game currently clocks at 141 hours, although I did hunted down all the bad ends) I can vouch you'll like it. Unlike a lot of VN's, all 3 routes are unique and the third route, Heavens Feel, is largely unspoiled since they never adapted it. FYI the anime follows the Fate route, with some UBW scenes sparkled around to spice it up.

There's a Type-Moon character-material book where you can see the sketches for the original Saber(male)/King Arthur and his Master, a girl called Sajyou Ayaka. If you're interested you can see them in the Type-Moon wikia.
Leon-GunJun 16, 2011 5:01 AM

Oct 2, 2011 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
Oct 12, 2011 1:36 AM
Jul 2009
"If we transplant this magic ability... bla bla bla... you won't be able to use magic as good as before..."
And in the next moment he summons a godly sword from nowhere and with a single blow kills a servant (which is supposed to be muuuuch better than a human, and have already killed another servant). Ehhmmm, in my eyes it seems as the transplantation thing made him much stronger...
And please, throw out Ilya. :'( And why is Saber suddenly so embarrassed for everything? -.-'
Oct 12, 2011 2:11 AM
Dec 2007
MaTachi said:
"If we transplant this magic ability... bla bla bla... you won't be able to use magic as good as before..."
And in the next moment he summons a godly sword from nowhere and with a single blow kills a servant (which is supposed to be muuuuch better than a human, and have already killed another servant). Ehhmmm, in my eyes it seems as the transplantation thing made him much stronger...
And please, throw out Ilya. :'( And why is Saber suddenly so embarrassed for everything? -.-'

Of course that line was completely made up by the anime so yeah. Also, how was she supposed to know that Shirou can use High Level Projection (and has a Reality Marble). Anyway, in a sense she's right though. getting rid of Magic circuits would mean he loses a chunk of his maximun magical energy capacity, but since that's not how it ges in the Vn...

Nov 30, 2011 5:03 PM

Dec 2009
I have mixed feelings about this series... At first I was amused and couldn`t stop watching episodes one by one, but for now there are too many cliche here and it becomes a little boring...
This heresy with King Arthur here is even more weird then any other heresy involving famous europen legends in anime are.
At first I expected something as brilliant as Tsukihime was, so I`m disappointed. But still I`m interested to see the end of this story and may be even play VN...

And this unnecessary harem here reminds me of Sekirei too (even the setting is similar in some way), though this anime was aired two years earlier...
Nov 30, 2011 5:57 PM

Aug 2010
CyberHeart said:
I have mixed feelings about this series... At first I was amused and couldn`t stop watching episodes one by one, but for now there are too many cliche here and it becomes a little boring...
This heresy with King Arthur here is even more weird then any other heresy involving famous europen legends in anime are.
At first I expected something as brilliant as Tsukihime was, so I`m disappointed. But still I`m interested to see the end of this story and may be even play VN...

And this unnecessary harem here reminds me of Sekirei too (even the setting is similar in some way), though this anime was aired two years earlier...

You should definitely play the VN. The anime really screwed FSN up big time. BTW if you haven't played the tsukihime VN and liked the anime then it's a must play for you.
Jun 29, 2012 5:41 PM

Jun 2012
I like this episode i guess... i cant believe Shiro just brought the little brat home! Didnt she just try to kill him and his friends. Uh YEAH! he has no brains!!!!

finally i kinda hope sakura gets killed off but i dont think its gonna happen :/

Saber seemed to get pretty jealous in this episode.. especially towards Ilya which is kinda weird why would you get jealous of a little girl???/

I've decided Rin really has no chance to end up with Shiro, by all the episodes ive seen so far the creators are focusing to closely to Shiro and Saber for Rin to even have a chance. Sad day for me :( but i'll get over it. Id rather him be with Saber than to be with Sakura.

I wonder what servent they will battle next.
Aug 3, 2012 6:51 AM

Apr 2012
It seems I am the only one who likes Illyasviel. She's just so damn cute!
'A man, that maketh haste to be rich, and envieth others, is ignorant that poverty shall come upon him'. - Proverbs 28:22
Aug 3, 2012 7:47 AM
Dec 2007
chicagopiano said:
COnsidering Ilya even has her own Mahou Shoujo spinoff manga (and soon anime), no, I doubt you're the only one.

Aug 23, 2012 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
chicagopiano said:

She is super cute! I love her too!!! And Shriou did something useful and pretty awesome! yay!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 16, 2012 10:01 PM
Jan 2012
Let's see... Shirou, a freaking human, managed to defeat a servant with a single blow? Saber, a servant, is falling for a human? And the most dumb human in the face of the earth? And what is with all this "I wanna be the hero of justice" BS? Jesus Christ, grow up man -_- Also, the anime would be 100% better without this stupid and retarded harem scenario also.

Why is this anime so bad while FZ is so awesome.
Oct 16, 2012 10:09 PM

Jun 2009
namelessregret said:
Let's see... Shirou, a freaking human, managed to defeat a servant with a single blow? Saber, a servant, is falling for a human? And the most dumb human in the face of the earth? And what is with all this "I wanna be the hero of justice" BS? Jesus Christ, grow up man -_- Also, the anime would be 100% better without this stupid and retarded harem scenario also.

Adaptation Decay.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 16, 2012 10:18 PM

Aug 2009
namelessregret said:

Shirou defeated Berserker here?Right.......Lets forget Saber and Caliburn....Why cant a Servant,a former human, fall for a human?
And weird that every route focuses only on 1 girl.So it is difficult to call it even a harem.

Was Kerry any different in with his ideal?
ssjokgOct 16, 2012 10:24 PM
Oct 16, 2012 10:40 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
namelessregret said:

Shirou defeated Berserker here?Right.......Lets forget Saber and Caliburn....Why cant a Servant,a former human, fall for a human?
And weird that every route focuses only on 1 girl.So it is difficult to call it even a harem.

This...Shirou projected a sword, Saber's sword. That was it. He was gonna get his head smashed had Saber not catched her breath and used the sword along with him (Caliburn, as one of Arthur's legendary weapons, only works at it's highest potential when wielded by Saber and all). Also, again, as above, Servants were human and Saber isn't even a normal servant.

Oct 16, 2012 10:46 PM
Jan 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Adaptation Decay.

So, all this BS that happened in this and other episodes do not happen in the VN?
Like, the harem scenario.

ssjokg said:
Why cant a Servant,a former human, fall for a human?

I believe they were not summoned to fall in love, they were summoned to fight a war. That is the main problem.

ssjokg said:

You see, I am talking about the anime... And it has only one route, as far as I know.

ssjokg said:

Pretty much different. He was idealistic as Shiro, but the way he played his role was totally different.
They are practically two opposite characters.
Oct 16, 2012 11:54 PM

Aug 2009
namelessregret said:
insan3soldiern said:
Adaptation Decay.

So, all this BS that happened in this and other episodes do not happen in the VN?
Like, the harem scenario.
What wasnt in the VN?Dragons didnt exist but a thressome did.Unlimited blade works and Sakura's eps in the anime also didnt exist in the VN.Everything else was in the VN.But in the VN you also had narration and internal monologues.

ssjokg said:
Why cant a Servant,a former human, fall for a human?

I believe they were not summoned to fall in love, they were summoned to fight a war. That is the main problem.
They still have their human emotions.Even the Berserkers do.Common mistake by all:Servants arent familiars like crows and rats that exist to solely obey their master

ssjokg said:

You see, I am talking about the anime... And it has only one route, as far as I know.

Thats my point.Why are you calling it a harem?

ssjokg said:

Pretty much different. He was idealistic as Shiro, but the way he played his role was totally different.
They are practically two opposite characters.

Yeah Kerry didnt want to be a hero of justice but a messiah.Which is even worse.That Shirou doesnt kill everyone he sees in front of him doesnt make his ideal better or worse.They are the same failures in that ideal but at least Shirou manages to win his wars.Most of the time....

I dont like the anime and the same goes for many Fate/ fans.But it would be better to...you know...find something that really matters....like latex Sakura.
Oct 17, 2012 12:09 AM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:
but a thressome did.

...what? really?

ssjokg said:
They still have their human emotions.Even the Berserkers do.Common mistake by all:Servants arent familiars like crows and rats that exist to solely obey their master

That is obvious. I am not saying that they (Servants) shouldn't have emotions.
Saber had a lot of emotion in FZ, but she didn't fall in love with a dumb adolescent.

Saber isn't an adolescent. She is a former king. Are you saying that it is not weird to see the King Arthur falling in love with Emiya Shiro?

ssjokg said:
Thats my point.Why are you calling it a harem?

Because Shirou lives with a lot of girls and all of them show interest on him. That is a harem scenario.

ssjokg said:
Yeah Kerry didnt want to be a hero of justice but a messiah.Which is even worse.That Shirou doesnt kill everyone he sees in front of him doesnt make his ideal better or worse.They are the same failures in that ideal but at least Shirou manages to win his wars.Most of the time....

To be honest, I don't really care about what Shiro wants to be or Kerry wanted to. What matters is how they act. Kerry was a cold and centered son of a bitch. Kerry had reasons to be what he was. Shiro is just a bitch. They both are failures for being too idealistic, but one managed to entertain me with his struggles, the other only annoyed me.

ssjokg said:
I dont like the anime

You don't? Are you sure?

Well I tend to comment or rant about what I watch, don't mind me.
Oct 17, 2012 12:20 AM

Aug 2009
namelessregret said:

...what? really?

Rin,Saber,Shirou.There are many hilarious comics about that.Not hentai.

That is obvious. I am not saying that they (Servants) shouldn't have emotions.
Saber had a lot of emotion in FZ, but she didn't fall in love with a dumb adolescent.

Saber isn't an adolescent. She is a former king. Are you saying that it is not weird to see the King Arthur falling in love with Emiya Shiro?

She still is a 14 years old.If we had the real King Arthur yeah I would have a problem.That dumb adolescent has the exact same ideals as Arturia.In FZ you didnt have someone like Shirou because she was there to fill that position.

Because Shirou lives with a lot of girls and all of them show interest on him. That is a harem scenario.
Kerry had Maiya(he also slept with her) and Iri.He had more of a harem than Shirou does in every route

To be honest, I don't really care about what Shiro wants to be or Kerry wanted to. What matters is how they act. Kerry was a cold and centered son of a bitch. Kerry had reasons to be what he was. Shiro is just a bitch. They both are failures for being too idealistic, but one managed to entertain me with his struggles, the other only annoyed me.
Ok....The problem is that Shirou isnt a trained assassin-magus?I would understand if you called him a sexist bastard because of the anime but anyway.

In the VN ,Shirou is Kirei in reverse.Too bad that the anime didnt give a fuck.

ssjokg said:
I dont like the anime

You don't? Are you sure?

Yeah my TOP 10's on MAL do not depend on FSN's anime.How is it even possible to like Rider if you only watch the anime?
Oct 17, 2012 9:21 AM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:
Lol, I thought you meant literally a threesome... That would be a reason for not to play the VN.

ssjokg said:
That dumb adolescent has the exact same ideals as Arturia.

That is the main reason I am not a fan of her too. Dumb ideals. And yes, Kerry had his ideals too, but again, his ways were totally different.

ssjokg said:
Kerry had Maiya(he also slept with her) and Iri.He had more of a harem than Shirou does in every route

Sorry, but Kerry's case is totally different. He was Iri's husband and he cheated her with Maiya, but they (ufotable) did not waste screentime with their interactions. In almost every episode of FSN there was a scene of Shiro and one of the girls showing some kind of interest of him. The guy lives with Rin, Illya, Saber and Sakura to some extent. And there is that retarded teacher too. He has a freaking harem.

ssjokg said:
Ok....The problem is that Shirou isnt a trained assassin-magus?I would understand if you called him a sexist bastard because of the anime but anyway.

Not exactly. He being or not a assassin is not important. The way he acts is. And hell yes, he is a sexist bastard.

ssjokg said:

How is he Kirei in reverse? Care to explain?
reilanimuOct 17, 2012 9:27 AM
Oct 17, 2012 10:00 AM

Aug 2009
namelessregret said:
ssjokg said:
Lol, I thought you meant literally a threesome... That would be a reason for not to play the VN.

The threesome exists.

namelessregret said:

ssjokg said:

How is he Kirei in reverse? Care to explain?

Think Kirei without the trolling but instead of enjoying hurting people Shirou enjoys helping them.You wont see it in the anime.Their personas are awfully the same.
Oct 17, 2012 11:16 AM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:
The threesome exists.

ew.

:[
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.