2Disliked it
5.2%
1Hated it
9.1%
5Loved it!
42.9%
Average 3.9
77 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2008 6:24 AM

Feb 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It was rushed, but hey, the last chapter could have been worse. I'm just still reeling from shock that it's already over.

What can I say, the art was better than ever, and the moments between Kili and Elle were sweet. It's such a shame that this manga has been cancelled. All I can wish for is that DA will live again some day.

9/10
Sep 7, 2008 6:28 AM

Sep 2007
Wait, what?!? NOOO! Curse myself for not paying attention to how many chapters there was!
Sep 7, 2008 6:36 AM

Aug 2007
Really, that came out of no where >_> I want more T-T
Sep 7, 2008 6:41 AM

Jun 2007
Agree... Hate when they just cancel manga's that are acually interesting >.>
Sep 7, 2008 6:58 AM

Jan 2008
I was kind of in shock when I read that it was the end already. The story hasn't been developed yet, so many things are still unexplained. I still can't really believe it even now.

But I'm glad that the ending was pretty all right, it was such a sweet pairing. :)
Sep 7, 2008 7:33 AM

Jul 2008
It was a good ending, considering that it was sudden, but it still upsets me that they would cancel such a good series...
Bleed for me.

Sep 7, 2008 7:35 AM

Jan 2008

LOL!
DO WHAT?!?!

This wasn't a cancellation, this was a freggin' third trimester back-alley abortion
8GaugeBrettSep 7, 2008 7:39 AM

Sep 7, 2008 7:43 AM

Jun 2007
8GaugeBrett said:

LOL!
DO WHAT?!?!

This wasn't a cancellation, this was a freggin' third trimester back-alley abortion

Seconded to the max. The fight scenes showed real potential for creativity. Then I mark off ch. 23 on my manga list and it's like "Mark series as completed?" and I'm like "WTF?" At least it wasn't as much of a letdown as Bitter Virgin's random confession man.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Sep 7, 2008 7:44 AM

Oct 2007
shadowraze said:

I was shocked as well, when did that happen? It had a great back story and everything as well... I cant believe it... I loved Double Arts...
Sep 7, 2008 7:47 AM

Nov 2007
why was this cancelled. i dont even understand it. gdmn it. why must they keep crap stuff being released and cut the good stuff. i hate jump for that.

the way it was ended it looks like kiri died eventually and elle was writing their story.
Sep 7, 2008 8:06 AM

Apr 2007
.. i seriously went wtf too. "Final Chapter" fuck's sake, it was gettin to the good point and I thought it could develop to one of the better manga out there, sigh...enough ranting and shocked, this end was acceptable since it's sweet with Elle's indirect confession. I wonder why it's cancelled though..
Sep 7, 2008 9:08 AM

Jun 2008
It's a shame, a great series that once again got its wings clipped.

Damn JUMP......
Sep 7, 2008 10:06 AM

Jan 2007
ANOTHER BIG FUCKING THANK YOU JAPAN FOR ANOTHER CANCELLATION OF A GOOD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!

9/10 T_T
Sep 7, 2008 10:09 AM

Jan 2008
Ugh, it sucks so much that it got canceled, it was easily one of the more interesting back stories I've seen in a while for a shonen manga. I'm even more annoyed now than I was when Mx0 was cut.
Sep 7, 2008 11:38 AM
Nov 2007
FUCK I WANTED TO SEE MORE
Sep 7, 2008 11:43 AM

Sep 2008
This whole chapter was a real dissapointment.

The story had potential but it was just ended in a typical shounan way.

This chapter in question was the worst. It almost seemed like the mangaka wanted it to end, so many different twists in this chapter alone. It first goes to saying one of the characters is writing a book and this is the story and they dont want to continue to write it, to a vision of Kiri letting go of his hand and Elraine not dissappearing.. Than the final of them both accepting this journay and they are on their way with us to think of what actually happens (but wait lets not forget they say they visited atleast 4 towns).. Horrible ending
Sep 7, 2008 12:17 PM

Aug 2008
I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who was annoyed at the ending of this series!
I was enjoying it so much, i thought it would go on for a very long time to be quite honest. I really thought the storyline had amazing potential, im not sure why it would be cancelled!
And the mangaka just butchered the ending, after reading the last chapter my face looked as if it had been told 4 bits of important information at once, none of them good.
ₒ♥ₓ♥ₒ //A Delicate Disaster\\ ₒ♥ₓ♥ₒ
Windows Error: "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair"
遠藤 歩 - Endoh Ayumi
Sep 7, 2008 12:54 PM
Apr 2008
This is the worst series cancellation since Mx0. :/
Sep 7, 2008 12:58 PM

Aug 2007
Japanese people have lost their taste now.
Getting rid of a good series and it was because of not enough sales. I blame both the Japanese viewers and WSJ.

8/10 I would have scored higher but I did not really like the ending.
Sep 7, 2008 1:43 PM

Jun 2008
Come on! How could it not have success in Shonen Jump? Of course, if you ask the public what is their favorite read in the magazine, the great masses will go for Naruto and Bleach. It kinda feels like someone telling the person who got last place in the Olympics finals that they suck.
I just hope it gets continued, maybe as an independent publication.
Sep 7, 2008 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
It sucked. I gave it a 6 cause it went nowhere. Sucks, cause as some of you have said, it does have potential.
Sep 7, 2008 3:53 PM

Sep 2008
but at least they tell you that they did find a cure since when she was finish writing in tha book they showed both of her hands and neither one had ki hand
Sep 7, 2008 4:40 PM

Apr 2008
Yo and I was just getting into it 7.7 I liked the ending but still it shouldn't have ended that way. They should have made it longer...

Breath||
Sep 7, 2008 6:35 PM

Jul 2008
shadowraze said:

i 100% feel the same way as you.

my god, its like someone punched me in the face out of the blue lol! dang..and i really liked it too >.< feels like MxO again x__x

9/ 10
Sep 7, 2008 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
>.> Mx0 all over again such a waste
Sep 7, 2008 6:50 PM

Sep 2008
SwaG said:
but at least they tell you that they did find a cure since when she was finish writing in tha book they showed both of her hands and neither one had ki hand

We can't make the assumption. It seemed like another "vision" someone had like they had during the middle of this chapter.

This probley did happn but still you can't take the fact that the cure was found to be comforting the way this series ended.
Sep 7, 2008 7:51 PM
Sep 7, 2008 7:59 PM

Sep 2008

the whole manga is her pretty much having a flashback and retelling tha story in her diary and when you see both hands tell you that they made it to tha church and that they figure out a way to stop tha seizures
Sep 7, 2008 8:09 PM

Jul 2007
does anyone get the vibe from reading the last chapter that kiri no longer is around? like as in he died or something?
Sep 7, 2008 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
crazy_eights said:
why was this cancelled. i dont even understand it. gdmn it. why must they keep crap stuff being released and cut the good stuff. i hate jump for that.

the way it was ended it looks like kiri died eventually and elle was writing their story.
Sep 7, 2008 11:54 PM
Feb 2008
I seriously wanted to cry when I found out it had been "Aborted" ... like honestly I am getting tired of having to find a great manga to read only to have it cancelled after 21 chapters!!!! I mean at the very least they could have let it go to 40 or 50 so that all the other sub plots could have been finished.
Sep 8, 2008 4:36 PM

May 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
Japanese people have lost their taste now.
Getting rid of a good series and it was because of not enough sales. I blame both the Japanese viewers and WSJ.

Agreed. What's happening over there? I'm hating WSJ. I get the feeling they're just looking for the next Bleach or Naruto. It's absurd. This story was not even out for that long and they decided to put a stop on it. RIDICULOUS!!

Such a shame. Although the chances of this being continued is slim to none, I really started to like the developing relationship between Ellie and Kiri. They make such a nice couple. And really, if this was the last chapter, the mangaka could have given the readers a little bit of something between the two? Maybe a hug if not a kiss on the cheek or what not.

I really want to score this a 8 or 9, but because of everything being left unanswered and in limbo, decided to give it a 7/10. But seriously, I really started to enjoy this story towards the end.

SwaG said:
he whole manga is her pretty much having a flashback and retelling tha story in her diary and when you see both hands tell you that they made it to tha church and that they figure out a way to stop tha seizures

I'm pretty sure the author did that to give a readers a sense that everything did turn out alright. I mean, if it was going to continue, I'm pretty sure that scene would not have been included, must less the "final chapter."
VK11Sep 8, 2008 4:40 PM
Sep 9, 2008 10:27 AM

Jun 2008
Not surprised it got dropped it was incredibly average from its predictable story to its bland character designs. Although I can't say it was terrible, it was nothing special and there is too many mangas out there that are not only similar but better as well. Good riddance.
Sep 23, 2008 12:01 PM

Apr 2007

QFT
crazy_eights said:
crazy_eights said:

Sep 24, 2008 8:39 PM

Mar 2008
ASDGHJUWRSHREF---

NO.

This shouldn't happen.. ;__;
Worst. Cancel. Ever.
Sep 29, 2008 5:09 PM

May 2008
yeah.. I agree with most of the people here. Continuing series such as Naruto and Bleach while canceling potentially incredible mangas such as Double Arts is a real shame. I'm not bagging on Naruto and Bleach, it's just that if you haven't noticed, the series has been going on for how freakin' long? I loved it when I started but then it went on and on and on and I just gave up trying to read it all. Something's are just nicer in smaller quantities. This manga could've been incredible. There were so many questions left unanswered which just goes to show that there could've been so so much more for this manga. My goodness.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Sep 30, 2008 4:36 AM
Jan 2008
Did WSJ just tell the mangaka to end it right after chapter 22 or something? I mean seriously it seemed the mangaka was told to end it right after 22 in one chapter, and ending this manga in the best possible way in its circumstances isnt going to work in around 20 pages with to much info needed to be told. Could of atleast been given a few chapters to give out a decent ending. Pretty harsh kick to the balls by WSJ to the mangaka there.

Can't really fault the mangaka for the ending, it was obviously sprung on him at the last second (there was no signs of the manga coming to a close, besides the scenes with the 11 gazelle, and even then it seemed like that would be in another 10+ chapters), but it was pretty lackluster and pretty much told nothing besides Eli being alive and well.
considering he did 22 awesome chapters previous, it was obvious this manga was going places and had potential. Just hope theres atleast a special chapter coming out in the future that will give us more info on what happened with Gazelle and what eventually happened to the other characters at the end, it deserves atleast that much.

Just cant believe there cancelling mangas with such potential while keeping the likes of Naruto, which tbh has been lackluster for a long time now and doesn't seem to be showing any improvement (it's become so predictable now).
I see someone stated that WSJ is probably looking for the next Bleach or Naruto, which i agree they probably are but if they continue to cancel mangas (even if it did have low ratings, the story never got a chance to be told properly, any decent shounen manga cant be told in around 20 chapters) that has some potential, then that will never happen. Also starting to question the japanese fans tastes too, guess this manga didnt have enough ecchiness to become popular. :S
Siliane89Sep 30, 2008 5:31 AM

Sep 30, 2008 7:21 AM

Sep 2008
The difference with naruto and those big ones that even do fillers they are still really popular and still get stuff sold.
Sep 30, 2008 7:57 AM
Jan 2008
Yeah Naruto is popular, its been around for quite awhile, around 9 years, and had more then enough time to get it's story going and develop the main characters, but do you think WSJ would give it the same amount of time and patience it had done back in 1999 if say Naruto had only started publishing last year? I don't think that would be the case with recent manga being cancelled like it has been. Tbh, comparing Double Art to the first 23 chapters of Naruto, i found this manga to be alot more interesting.

Oct 8, 2008 3:57 PM
May 2008
can't believe they ended it like that. those fucks.
Oct 17, 2008 1:24 AM
Oct 2008
It was a pity. It wasn't great, but it was never really given the chance to be.
Nov 1, 2008 2:59 PM

Feb 2007
It's just damn bad. This series looked promising!

To think that series with a future get axed, while series like Naruto and Bleach, which are really becoming generic, with deja-vu plotlines continue on.

Shame.
Dec 6, 2008 1:54 PM

Aug 2007
man, why must all the good things get canceled TT_TT
i was really looking forward to a real ending, this is just like mxo and overtime!! >:(
Jan 4, 2009 5:23 AM
Jan 2008
Such a bad thing to do! One of the better series, and they cut it off after 23 chapters... The chapters 20-22 were great, but the final chapter was a let down.
Jun 21, 2009 9:38 PM
Jan 2009
I hate that this was canceled. This manga was awesome.
All we could pretty much get at the end was that they both liked each other.

We can safely assume that they reach their destination, but it would've been nice to see who else they could encounter, if they learned more for the Double Arts, etc.
Aug 19, 2009 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
Oddly enough...I think its cancellation is a great thing. Let me explain.

I liked the story and the characters, but it was merely an above average shounen at the time of its cancellation. Poorly drawn fights, lots of generic scenes and character interactions, standard unfunny humor, etc.

Every so often, however, I would get glimpses of what a potentially amazing manga this could have been. Several moments really elevated themselves above the rest of the work, such as Chapter 2, where Elle was thankful for being welcomed inside a stranger's home for the first time.

I'm a fan of the author; his imagination is incredible, and he wrote the greatest one shot I've ever come across, "Island". However, he's still ridiculously young, with limited life experience.

The manga he will be writing 10 years from now, as he grows and develops, will put anything in "Double Arts" to shame.

So, rather than becoming chained to a particular style and mindset, it's better that he is free to further refine his craft. Who knows? Maybe one day he'll come back to Double Arts, and the result will be an epic story to rival "Berserk" or "Blade of the Immortal".

But right now? He's just not at that level. Not yet.
Jan 6, 2010 1:16 AM

Dec 2007
DAMN IT!

Just another decent manga cancelled before its day in the sun, I suppose. Personally, I loved the manga; it was original, fun and the characters were perfect. The Mangaka was very daring (and original) when introducing something as cheesey as traditional dancing as a form of martial arts. However, though original and intriguing, it was very risky to introduce dance to a predominantly male audience. It was painfully depressing to watch the entire plot squeezed ungracefully into three or four closing chapters leaving so many conflicts and mysteries unresolved, I can't help but imagine that it might have survived in a more unisex magazine as its potential was huge.
However I can understand it being cancelled; Double Arts was taking a strange and uncomfortable directions. Dancing in a Shounen Magazine?! BLASPHEMY...or something along those lines. Though, the stranger it became, the more uncomfortable it became for the audience to read.

It was just too different to survive in Shounen magazine.
Apr 13, 2010 1:08 PM
Apr 2010
damn. this series was great. I loved the pacing, the art and the story. granted it was a little slow, but it was still really good. truly a shame. but it was said in there that they might be able to bring it back which im hoping they do
Jul 5, 2010 3:58 PM

Apr 2010
i0n said:
This is the worst series cancellation since Mx0. :/

This.
Feb 24, 2011 8:36 PM

Feb 2010
Argh, what a waste. It was forced to cancel but it does execute the ending decently well.

8.5/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Double Arts Chapter 1 Discussion

Faust721 - Mar 25, 2008

20 by Stark700 »»
Jan 15, 2015 1:19 AM

» How many episodes if Double arts is adapted into a anime series

johnknight648 - Aug 31, 2014

2 by johnknight648 »»
Oct 14, 2014 2:27 AM

Poll: » Island Chapter Discussion

ZinnKid - Apr 17, 2008

29 by Darkhawk220 »»
Sep 1, 2012 3:05 PM

Poll: » Double Arts Chapter 14 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 28, 2008

8 by jacobpaige »»
Feb 26, 2011 1:25 AM

Poll: » Double Arts Chapter 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Jun 22, 2008

12 by jacobpaige »»
Feb 26, 2011 1:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.