Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2008 6:48 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I loved it, great quick read. I think it would be better if it was a full manga though.
KinetaMar 26, 2013 3:45 AM
Apr 17, 2008 1:48 PM
Jul 2007
It would be fantastic as a full manga; this is like an exciting pilot chapter!

It's short but great. The author manages to pack so much emotion and mystery solving into one short oneshot
May 2, 2008 7:33 PM

Apr 2008
I just read it. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was made into a full serialization though? I know they do that sometimes with one-shots, don't they? Anyway, I really liked it.
May 4, 2008 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
I loved it too, T___T its so great, the story and everything.
I agree too, it would be better if it would be longer, even thought...
It's awesome the way it is...

May 20, 2008 5:21 PM

Jun 2007
I loved this. I really wish there could be a full manga. I'd so buy it when it gets licensed. :D

May 23, 2008 4:34 AM

Mar 2008
It was really great, the characters worked really well as well, i think it would be great as a full manga as well ^^

May 23, 2008 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
Very interesting premise, good climax, mediocre falling action and resolution. A few minor gripes:

1) In 400 years, nobody bothered to even check how deep the water was.

2) A girl who's not even 13 years of age was able to calculate the depth of the "sea" using data from books that are 400 years old while the scientists and architects from that era had very different predictions.

3) The only cooperation she required from the villagers was to get more books for her to read.

Methinks it would have been much better if the sea had actually been deep and she used her knowledge to design and construct boats for exploration with the help of the villagers. It's rather disappointing to have such a shallow obstacle which required minimal cooperation from the other characters in order to overcome. It could have easily been worth a 9 or 10 but as it is, I'm giving it just an 8. Very good but it could have been much better.

We're surrounded by 0.207m of shallow despair! ZETSUBOUSHITA!
YuunagiMay 23, 2008 7:25 PM
Jul 11, 2008 1:46 AM

May 2008
Yuunagi said:
Very interesting premise, good climax, mediocre falling action and resolution. A few minor gripes:

1) In 400 years, nobody bothered to even check how deep the water was.

2) A girl who's not even 13 years of age was able to calculate the depth of the "sea" using data from books that are 400 years old while the scientists and architects from that era had very different predictions.

3) The only cooperation she required from the villagers was to get more books for her to read.

Methinks it would have been much better if the sea had actually been deep and she used her knowledge to design and construct boats for exploration with the help of the villagers. It's rather disappointing to have such a shallow obstacle which required minimal cooperation from the other characters in order to overcome. It could have easily been worth a 9 or 10 but as it is, I'm giving it just an 8. Very good but it could have been much better.

We're surrounded by 0.207m of shallow despair! ZETSUBOUSHITA!

one flaw with your griping...

where would they get the wood?
Jul 23, 2008 3:16 PM

Oct 2007
i though it was funny as well to what Yuunagi said....

.2 meters :P lol
Aug 3, 2008 9:35 AM
Jul 2008
... actually if it was longer it wouldn't have the idea it hold now.. how people give up their dreams to any obstacle they encounter.. and the point is the obstacle was so stupid or easy to surpass...

That's why I loved it.. it's short and genius..
Aug 7, 2008 12:44 AM

Mar 2008
Aw, that was a very sweet ending. 7/10
I liked it as it was, even though it was short. ^^
Oct 14, 2008 11:09 PM

Aug 2008
Quite truth... would be a great bet if it could be serialized... Now Tsubamex got a point how is that that we see such big waves in such a few deepness... An easy reason... maybe there's a continuous earthquake around the shore which makes the water shatter its balance so that's why we got those big waves, plus the elder explain or at least clearly said that the storm season was near that time of the year.. so it could be either of those ones... As I said it was a good read for a short one shot manga...

Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2008 6:37 AM

Jun 2008
shegoblin said:
... actually if it was longer it wouldn't have the idea it hold now.. how people give up their dreams to any obstacle they encounter.. and the point is the obstacle was so stupid or easy to surpass...

That's why I loved it.. it's short and genius..

I agree. It's short, but it does what it wanted to do and did it well. So I wouldn't really want to see it as a series, there's too many series and those tend to just keep on dragging until you don't care anymore(of course not always, but quite a few).

One of the better one-shots I've read. This is one-shot done right.
Oct 21, 2008 6:23 PM
Jun 2008
Does anyone know where I can read this...? I want to ._. But I can't find it anywhere,
Oct 21, 2008 7:42 PM
Oct 27, 2008 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
tehnominator said:
Does anyone know where I can read this...? I want to ._. But I can't find it anywhere,
You can easily find it on www.onemanga.com... I read it there... YOu know as always nice... hope you read and enjoy it :D

Signs,

Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2009 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
I aboslutely loved this. It was such a simple oneshot, yet it had so much emotion behind it. At first, I gave it a nine - however because of the few flaws I decided to give it an eight. Nonetheless, despite some of the imperfections - I adored the way everything flowed with this. The idea was wonderful and I thought the art was plainly beautiful. I would have wished for it to be a little longer -- but I still thoroughly enjoyed the single chapter.

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Feb 7, 2009 7:46 AM

Jan 2008
Absolutely awful dialogue. Author doesnt know how to tell a story at all.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 3, 2009 7:06 PM

Sep 2008
The thought was nice, a light story full of hope. I found it unrealistic that there would be such an abrupt consensus to help in the water lowering effort, but it's a story, so I'll let it go.

Does this remind anyone of Pale Cocoon?
May 10, 2009 5:10 AM

Nov 2008
Even if there was some shortcomings, I still like it - the idea was great and the story was, well, sweet :)
Jul 29, 2009 10:42 PM

Oct 2007
I loved it, but the end was too quick.
Aug 16, 2009 11:16 AM

Apr 2009
mwa, i don't really like it that much. When compared to hotel (check the discussion page2 there and you know why i compare them :P) the artwork was worse. And i disliked the dialogue too.

Sep 15, 2009 5:28 AM

Aug 2009
i love this one-shot.
but i really want is to become a full serialization of it..

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Dec 8, 2009 5:39 AM

Apr 2009
This was average, the art was good and the story was interesting...until the ending. At then end the first think i thought was: "...so in 400 no one tried to fish something in the ocean?"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Apr 23, 2010 12:49 PM

Nov 2008
I liked this one shot, but I found that the characters in it turned their mind too quickly.
For example that kid was easily shocked by the view of the outside and seeing him giving up his dreams right after (without second thoughts) disappointed me.
Of course that was probably due the shock of the moment and he probably didn't give them up definitely. But apparently only showing that view was enough to break everyone else motivations and I don't find believable.
And the villagers were easily convinced by Mar's short speech. Again I didn't like it at all.
This is probably because of the one shot format, but the characters were influenced by easy shocks.

Anyway I liked the theme, this was well place, the drawings were really nice, and the universe was well introduced.
I enjoyed it so it gets a 7/10 from me.
Jul 2, 2010 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
The plot was interesting and stuff but kinda weird how everyone needs so little convincing to do something (well I guess that's why it's a one shot). Huge twist at the end but somehow she figures it out ...?! Uh ... sure, I'll suspend my disbelief I suppose ...
Read it right after Hotel, it's good but not great. Enjoyable though, so I guess I'll give it 8/10
Mar 18, 2011 11:14 PM

Sep 2009
It felt like it could have and should have been so much better.
May 11, 2011 9:14 AM

Jun 2007
Sabinlerose said:

Totally. Some half-assed way to end a story, if you ask me. Author didn't even bother to tell us why the girl could read books =|
see you, space cowperson . . .
Aug 8, 2011 9:10 AM

Mar 2011
Short & sweet ^^
Sep 1, 2012 3:05 PM

Feb 2010
Oceansoul said:
Sabinlerose said:

Totally. Some half-assed way to end a story, if you ask me. Author didn't even bother to tell us why the girl could read books =|

Yeah, it felt too coincidental. Even though no one else could have taught her, since her mother never displayed the ability to read. Oh well, it's a restriction of being a one-shot.

Nice concept, but it felt a little confused at the end. The pacing seemed a little off and the resolution in the story didn't feel in keeping with the beginning.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Double Arts Chapter 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlueYoshi - Sep 7, 2008

68 by Accelerator48 »»
May 4, 2020 8:41 PM

Poll: » Double Arts Chapter 1 Discussion

Faust721 - Mar 25, 2008

20 by Stark700 »»
Jan 15, 2015 1:19 AM

» How many episodes if Double arts is adapted into a anime series

johnknight648 - Aug 31, 2014

2 by johnknight648 »»
Oct 14, 2014 2:27 AM

Poll: » Double Arts Chapter 14 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 28, 2008

8 by jacobpaige »»
Feb 26, 2011 1:25 AM

Poll: » Double Arts Chapter 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Jun 22, 2008

12 by jacobpaige »»
Feb 26, 2011 1:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.