3It was OK
10.3%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.5
213 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2011 8:37 PM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Natsu vs Zankrov was a good fight but I wasn't a big fan of the complete 180 the fight took in order for natsu to win. It would have been better if natsu lost. And lisanna needs to just go home...seriously.
Mega2448Nov 11, 2011 8:50 PM
Nov 11, 2011 9:12 PM

Sep 2010
Awesome fight, great music, and loved the tension at some points. However, the conclusion of the fight is just... unsatisfying.

This battle formula where the good guy takes tons of damage(losing the entire fight) and then defeats the super powerful enemy with a single attack, is just bleh. : P

4/5 for the episode, looking forward very much to seeing Azuma vs the demon lady.
Nov 11, 2011 9:16 PM

Jan 2010
While it sucks how Natsu won 'out of nowhere' it wasn't exactly bad. Truth is, it could've been much worse. I do like the passion he puts into everything, though.

Also, that comedic part just after he ate the black flames sucked. I hate when they kill dramatic moments with comedy.

Anyway, not a bad episode overall.

3.5/5

Nov 11, 2011 9:30 PM
Apr 2010
Someone call an asylum cause my mind has just been blown.
Nov 11, 2011 9:35 PM

Aug 2011
Natsu should've lost -__-
Nov 11, 2011 9:41 PM

Jan 2008
I have a feeling the fight between natsu and that guy isnt over...
Nov 11, 2011 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
Nah. They just make it easier so that they can show the difference between Natsu's and Master Hades' power. Then Natsu wins again and you repeat the scenario. Natsu's becoming exponentially powerful! :P
Nov 12, 2011 12:57 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was awful.
Nov 12, 2011 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
Knave said:
This episode was awful.

What are you talking about? I thought it was better compared to the manga (which bore me).

If you're talking about the episode where Natsu won in the end... blame Mashima.-_-

Nov 12, 2011 1:07 AM

Oct 2008
underMebius said:
Knave said:
This episode was awful.

What are you talking about? I thought it was better compared to the manga (which bore me).

If you're talking about the episode where Natsu won in the end... blame Mashima.-_-

No, the whole episode was awful, including the retarded way Natsu won. I find it funny that even the people who animate this show realize it's bad. Why do you think they include fanservice whenever possible? They know no one gives a shit about Lisanna so they add fanservice to keep our attention. Sure as hell works for me.
Nov 12, 2011 1:40 AM

Jun 2010
Who will beat Master Hades if Natsu lost :P Dragon God's Flame ftw! Lissana is hot even though her magic is shit :))
Nov 12, 2011 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
Been wanting to see this animated, luv it
Nov 12, 2011 1:50 AM
Mar 2010
Good fight, but horrible ridiculous ass-pull end.
Nov 12, 2011 2:01 AM

May 2010
It really have been better for Natsu to lose seriously..That guy should learn to accept a loss.
Nov 12, 2011 2:23 AM

Aug 2010
...I still find it ridiculous they have God Slayers.
Currently obsessed with:
One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Your Lie in April.
Nov 12, 2011 2:43 AM

Feb 2009
I totally dig the thought of a Dragon God.
Nov 12, 2011 2:54 AM

Aug 2011
rasumii said:
...I still find it ridiculous they have God Slayers.
Now I realize that I weren't the one who though the same: Ridiculous...
Nov 12, 2011 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
nice fight well the ending was little bit rnd but i like the new OST.
Nov 12, 2011 3:07 AM

Oct 2008
I don't know why some people said it was awful !! even though the manga was better for me but this episode was great also !!
Nov 12, 2011 3:21 AM

Jul 2008
Well the ED no longer has any spoilers. lol
Nov 12, 2011 3:53 AM
Feb 2010
I don´t like it how Natsu receives several tough blows and survives, but that one attack of his defeats the opponent.
Chimera_AntNov 12, 2011 3:57 AM
Nov 12, 2011 3:56 AM
Jul 2011
OneTail said:
And lisanna needs to just go home...seriously.

You mean, to the kitchen.
Nov 12, 2011 7:07 AM

Apr 2008
Natsu, the Dragon God, F**K YEAH :D
Mira-chan is so awesome :D And nice fanservice there with Lisanna XD

Nov 12, 2011 7:10 AM

Apr 2008
underMebius said:
Knave said:
This episode was awful.

In the manga you don`t get that epic music playing while you read the fight parts XD
That music is epic :D

Nov 12, 2011 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
Dead Lisanna is more attractive than Living Lisanna =__=..
She is pretty yea.. but not thaaaaaaat sexy to get a fanservice.. =__=
her magic is annoying and ridiculous.. i prefer her to work in the bar instead of Mira..

Nov 12, 2011 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Klownzie said:
Also, that comedic part just after he ate the black flames sucked. I hate when they kill dramatic moments with comedy.

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well.. i didnt mind it this time at all.. but it really frustrated me when Natsu was telling Happy that he is thinking about somthing THEN Happy start screaming "NATSU..IS..THINKING"
comin =__=.. it was a very coooooooooooool moment..

Nov 12, 2011 7:32 AM

Feb 2010
Poor Lisanna.. they're giving her all these ugly filler transformations..

Andyeaaah I'm so looking forward to the next episode, Mira awesomeness.
Nov 12, 2011 7:48 AM

Aug 2011
I don't know why u don't liked this epi :(
It seems dark flames are stronger than the natsu's flames so he beat him with zakarov flames <.
Nov 12, 2011 8:02 AM

Jul 2011
Soooo epic, loved the fight, especially when he ate the God flames.... Natsu is tooooo epic!

Wewt, we can finally see Mira fight next episode :D
Nov 12, 2011 8:04 AM

Feb 2011
Fairy Tail just loves revealing women. The scene where Lisanna was bending down and just lost her take over, ROFL. omg... this show looks more and more R+, im just waiting for some girls top to be exposed.
Nov 12, 2011 8:10 AM

Apr 2009
I haven't really liked this arc up up until now, but this episode was great. "This shaking is me being afraid... that the guy who did this to Gramps'll get wiped out by someone other than me!"

I don't get the disappointment with the end of that fight. It wasn't an ass-pull. Natsu does not need to lose because he has already lost in this arc - when he fought Gildarts and gave up because he was absolutely outmatched and had no chance. Because of what Gildarts taught him he knew that wasn't the case with Zancrow. Plus, Natsu was up against an enemy who uses flames, doesn't matter what kind of flames he uses, of course that guy's going to get his ass handed to him by Natsu eventually.

This wasn't an ass-pull, it was setup earlier in the arc and is true to Natsu and his powers. This is the only way it could end for Zancrow and it was damn awesome.

Anyway, it was an episode I thoroughly loved except... Lisanna's powers which are absolutely ridiculous, it's like a parody of take-over. Hopefully she gets KO'd and Mirajane goes full demon because the half second she attacked was so much better than Lisanna's flurry of retarded take-over strikes.
Nov 12, 2011 9:44 AM

Mar 2008
Knave said:
underMebius said:
Knave said:
This episode was awful.

No, the whole episode was awful, including the retarded way Natsu won. I find it funny that even the people who animate this show realize it's bad. Why do you think they include fanservice whenever possible? They know no one gives a shit about Lisanna so they add fanservice to keep our attention. Sure as hell works for me.

You can hardly call whats in the anime fanservice... If you don't like the show, drop it. No reason to waste your time watching something you don't like, right?
Nov 12, 2011 11:05 AM
Feb 2010
razisgosu said:
Knave said:
underMebius said:
Knave said:
This episode was awful.

You can hardly call whats in the anime fanservice... If you don't like the show, drop it. No reason to waste your time watching something you don't like, right?

Calm down, he just said the episode was awful, not the show. And it´s true. Meaningless generic fights with an onlogical conclusion supported with fanserervice to make up for it.

The only good part was the music, but we Dutch got a saying for that which goes a bit like this:
"Even if a monkey wears a golden ring, it still remains an ugly creature (thing)."
Nov 12, 2011 12:58 PM

Oct 2010
Don't want to see you people hoping something good for this arc so I'll just tell you now and spare you the false hope. Fairy Tail is becoming Bleach where good guys almost never loose. Remember that.
Nov 12, 2011 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
had its flaws, but it is shaping up to be a good arc.

Ohh and nothing wrong with a little Lisanna fanservice ;)

Nov 12, 2011 5:50 PM

Jun 2008
^Yes Lisanna's nice fanservice was the only quality in this episode....

Oh and Natsu wins again by HAX, this has to be the biggest HAX shounen I've ever seen...

Crimson_Cloud said:
Don't want to see you people hoping something good for this arc so I'll just tell you now and spare you the false hope. Fairy Tail is becoming Bleach where good guys almost never loose. Remember that.

Dude, ALL shounen are about the good guys always winning, not just Bleach...
Nov 12, 2011 6:25 PM

Oct 2008
JustALEX said:
^Yes Lisanna's nice fanservice was the only quality in this episode....

Oh and Natsu wins again by HAX, this has to be the biggest HAX shounen I've ever seen...

Crimson_Cloud said:

Well, most shounen are what you say they are, but there are some that have the main guys losing, and then coming back to win eventually. Fairy Tail on the other hand just wins every single fight for no logical reason, considering they get their asses kicked every single time, yet manage to end up winning at the end.
Nov 12, 2011 8:59 PM

May 2009
ugh. just ugh. 4/5
Nov 13, 2011 1:55 AM
Feb 2010
"JustALEX" said:

Then you haven't seen One Piece.
Nov 13, 2011 3:55 AM

Sep 2009
Dragon God...that sound nice :D But are you sure zancrow is beaten? How can he lose from something like that....his god flames dun burn him, how will god flame + dragon flame burn him? If he really loss...i'll really be so disappointed.
Nov 13, 2011 5:17 AM
Jun 2011
nice!! Loved the scene when natsu ate the flame of god and used both flames at the same time =)
Nov 13, 2011 2:28 PM
Jan 2011
eucalyptustree16 said:
"JustALEX" said:

Then you haven't seen One Piece.

Yea in like 523 episode Luffy loses like 5 times....
defeat from Smoker
defeat from Vice Admiral Kuzan
defeat from Kuma and Admiral Kizaru
defeat from Magellan
defeat from Admiral Akainu

And Fairy Tail has now only 105 episode.
Natsu got only defeat by Gildarts so far.

PS:
And I mean real loses not one where he comes 1 - 20 episode later and beat the crap out of him...
SereaphimNov 13, 2011 3:24 PM
Nov 13, 2011 2:31 PM
Nov 2010
That was a fine episode, let's see the rest of the fights...
Lisanna-I feel like I won't like her no matter how she looks like...:P
Nov 13, 2011 9:13 PM

May 2011
(Checks to see if on OP forum or FT)

Fairy Tail will get fodderslapped everytime, please stop comparing. Although Fairy Tail is VERY GOOD.

Since I read the manga, I was more focused on the voice acting, animation, music and fanservice. ^^ It was a great episode and it made even the most generic victory look epic. Jii-chan!!!
Nov 14, 2011 5:52 AM

Feb 2010
Natsu's fight ended really fast .It's a bit disappointing.
Nov 14, 2011 6:46 AM

Jan 2011
Dragon Slayers, then God Slayers, what else is missing? Demon Slayers?
Nov 14, 2011 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
The fight was pretty cool animated but its conclusion was still fairly lame.
Nov 14, 2011 10:12 AM
Jul 2011
I loved the battle Natsu won once again, what more could you ask for? Learning when not to give up nd not giving in when his competition pulls out all the stops.
Nov 14, 2011 10:37 AM

Aug 2009
Teufel said:
I haven't really liked this arc up up until now, but this episode was great. "This shaking is me being afraid... that the guy who did this to Gramps'll get wiped out by someone other than me!"

I don't get the disappointment with the end of that fight. It wasn't an ass-pull. Natsu does not need to lose because he has already lost in this arc - when he fought Gildarts and gave up because he was absolutely outmatched and had no chance. Because of what Gildarts taught him he knew that wasn't the case with Zancrow. Plus, Natsu was up against an enemy who uses flames, doesn't matter what kind of flames he uses, of course that guy's going to get his ass handed to him by Natsu eventually.

This wasn't an ass-pull, it was setup earlier in the arc and is true to Natsu and his powers. This is the only way it could end for Zancrow and it was damn awesome.

Anyway, it was an episode I thoroughly loved except... Lisanna's powers which are absolutely ridiculous, it's like a parody of take-over. Hopefully she gets KO'd and Mirajane goes full demon because the half second she attacked was so much better than Lisanna's flurry of retarded take-over strikes.

All of this seconded. The fight was entertaining i'll give it that and this is Fairy Tail so it should come as a no surprise that the hero wins by a plot device. Also the new background battlemusic was friggin awesome.
Lisanna was only good for the fanservice, she really isn't big on the fighting scene. But i do love that in the next episode were gonna see Mirajane fight. 10 bucks that there will be a scene where Mirajane takes a hit for Lisanna and cries about "not gonna lose you a second time" and then proceed to kick more ass.

Mod edit: Spoilers.
kuroshiroiNov 15, 2011 7:28 AM
Nov 14, 2011 6:36 PM

Nov 2011
daniellkun said:
Dragon Slayers, then God Slayers, what else is missing? Demon Slayers?

Fish Slayers.. Aye Sir XD

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Question for anime watchers

Killua7566 - Aug 9

36 by ChuckleFunker »»
Yesterday, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 15, 2010

116 by Cammell »»
Sep 18, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Feb 1, 2010

81 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Jan 25, 2010

108 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Jan 18, 2010

86 by Cammell »»
Sep 15, 11:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.