3It was OK
15.7%
2Disliked it
5.4%
1Hated it
2.9%
Average 4.1
613 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2018 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A new arc :o

Really glad to see Sebas getting more screen time. Best damn butler in the show Nice to see Solution Epsilon appearing this episode too. I think it's kinda neat the episode showed a lot of personality for both characters.

Lol, that fight between Brain and Shalltear is a joke. Brain pretty much jobbed to her.
Stark700Feb 13, 2018 7:29 AM
Feb 13, 2018 7:43 AM
Jan 2017
this is better than the lizard arc start.

Those underground characters and the ones who burned the crop seemed interesting. This arc already feels good. Although an episode with zero ains oal gown is a bit awkward.
Feb 13, 2018 7:46 AM

Apr 2008
skreddy said:

Those underground characters and the ones who burned the crop seemed interesting. This arc already feels good. Although an episode with zero ains oal gown is a bit awkward.

Again gets used to that. Ainz's involvment grows increasingly more background or second hand other than in the climax of an arc
Feb 13, 2018 7:49 AM

Mar 2012
skreddy said:

You better get used to it, As Ainz wont be around until the last few episodes, mostly.

Also if anyone asks where are the Blue Rose and Climb Scenes, they just pushed them for next week, they will still be their.
Feb 13, 2018 7:50 AM

Dec 2010
Seems that this arc will have more drama compared to the previous ones, that girl that Sebas saved was in very bad shape, she will become his girlfriend? :D

Seems Sebas will be the main character from this arc. Also lol at Brain Unglaus, he is obsessed with Shalltear strenght. Humans are so weak. Can't wait to see more development about all these new characters.

5/5 as always from a masterpiece.
Fn76Feb 13, 2018 8:32 AM
Feb 13, 2018 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
Finally we're gonna see the Sebastian arc. Tsuare is finally introduced! The cutesy looking maid.

whataboss

duderusFeb 13, 2018 10:20 AM

Feb 13, 2018 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
I hope they give some time to develop all things needed and don't try to add another arc for this season.

Feb 13, 2018 8:16 AM
Nov 2016
Seems like there's going to be a direct conflict between the eight fingers and Sebas. Can't wait for Sebas to murder those fools.

I hope Taure gets a happy ending.... I don't want Ainz or anyone else to kill her.
Feb 13, 2018 8:16 AM

Jan 2012
Purely a setup episode for what I assume will be our second and final arc this season. Sebas and about 7 different blonde haired girls, along with the bald brute, appear to be our key players so far. Man the tits on the one in the Eight Fingers were fucking fantastic! XD The one who kept questioning Sebas had nice ones too. That aside I definitely enjoyed watching Sebas take control and help that girl. Finally getting some long overdue focus and I like how he just oozes power and confidence despite being all prim and proper. He never feels not in control of himself or the situation. Assuming it happens (I haven't read the source material) I'll probably love watching him destroy all who would oppose Ainz with little effort. Speaking of, Ainz was barely even mentioned this week. Also, while I certainly enjoyed this week's episode, and intend to keep watching weekly, I get the sense that this arc will probably be more enjoyable to watch all at once instead of weekly. At least assuming it lasts as long as I expect it to.
Feb 13, 2018 8:18 AM

Jan 2014
now it's Sebas turn to show!
I'd like to see overpowered Sebas. I am wondering if we get to see that, as it implied that Eight Fingers would come after Sebas.
Feb 13, 2018 8:19 AM

Nov 2014
It seems a lot of stuff is going to happen at once in this arc.
Not sure what to think of Sebas' actions. Isn't he a bit too nice?
Feb 13, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
Terkhev said:
He is one of the few in nazarick whose alignment is not EVIL
Feb 13, 2018 8:22 AM
Mar 2017
I think Ains is like a supporting character very less screen time for a main character
Feb 13, 2018 8:23 AM

Apr 2008
Yaiphaba said:
I think Ains is like a supporting character very less screen time for a main character

Ainz is more akin to a force of nature when he makes his moves. >_>
Feb 13, 2018 8:32 AM
Mar 2017
Darklight0303 said:
Yaiphaba said:

Ainz is more akin to a force of nature when he makes his moves. >_>
yea when he enters it was like bammm
Feb 13, 2018 8:36 AM
Jan 2016
Terkhev said:

Don't forget that Cocytus is also rather honor-bound and doesn't despise lesser beings.
Feb 13, 2018 8:43 AM

Aug 2012
Finally, the real thing is gonna start.
Feb 13, 2018 8:49 AM
Jan 2017
So Glad they finally ended the lizard men arc, it was long and somewhat tedious. Now Lord Ainz will hopefully meet and kill all 8 fingers, or perhaps make them his servants either way works
Feb 13, 2018 8:50 AM

Jan 2016
Great set-up episode. Can't wait for things to come and to see how all the characters introduced deal with eachother.

And good guy Sebas! He seems like the prominent figure of this arc so it's great to see that he's good-natured (compared to the other Nazarick figures lol) and with a fully-fledged reason behind it.
I may be wrong, but Lord Touch Me, who created Sebas, was the person who saved Momonga (Ainz) and invited him into Ainz Ool Gown, right?
Feb 13, 2018 8:53 AM

Apr 2008
ButadonMeitantei said:
Great set-up episode. Can't wait for things to come and to see how all the characters introduced deal with eachother.

And good guy Sebas! He seems like the prominent figure of this arc so it's great to see that he's good-natured (compared to the other Nazarick figures lol) and with a fully-fledged reason behind it.
I may be wrong, but Lord Touch Me, who created Sebas, was the person who saved Momonga (Ainz) and invited him into Ainz Ool Gown, right?
yup that was him. You see him all the way in season 1 as a imaginary figure behind Sebas
Feb 13, 2018 9:00 AM
Sep 2014
Solution's diagnosis on Tuare was too dark. Looks like Sebas is gonna massacre 8 dicks.
Feb 13, 2018 9:04 AM

Apr 2008
Dephree said:
Solution's diagnosis on Tuare was too dark. Looks like Sebas is gonna massacre 8 dicks.

Glad they didn't change that since it was just as messed up in the Novel
Feb 13, 2018 9:11 AM

Sep 2015
First half was very sweet and made me smile quite a bit, but the second half didn't really make much sense at all, like the first episode where it introduced all these new
faces that I don't care about.
Feb 13, 2018 9:16 AM

Apr 2008
TigersAndDragons said:
First half was very sweet and made me smile quite a bit, but the second half didn't really make much sense at all, like the first episode where it introduced all these new
faces that I don't care about.

Those characters are actually very relevant both in this arc and a few of the next arcs
Feb 13, 2018 9:31 AM

Sep 2011
Finally begins the Men of the Kingdom arc. This is going to be fun, though I hope the English releases of the LNs speed up a bit, I'm just getting to where this season will probably end, might be hard to keep ahead of a third season if it doesn't take a few years...

I don't remember all of the Blue Roses having a meetup at that point in the LNs though, I thought it was just the twins that we got to see in the village... Granted, I can be wrong lol, and either way it makes sense both in-universe, and in terms of story-telling to introduce them all together like that.

Evileye's voice is not what I expected. I mean, it makes sense... I guess I just imagined her at least attempting to sound less like a child given the way they portray her in the LNs.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 13, 2018 9:33 AM
Apr 2011
1st half was okay. 2nd half was just clunky exposition after clunky exposition.
Feb 13, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
New arc banzaaaai! Why couldn't the episode have been longer >.<
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 13, 2018 9:36 AM
Feb 2018
I want to see albedo!!
Feb 13, 2018 9:43 AM
Dec 2011
The same as before, Overlord never fails to disappoint. Looking forward to the next episode!! Also, I'm wondering who will voice Sebas once the rest of season 2 is dubbed.
Feb 13, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2016
Fuuuuck -.- i should off waited until i had 3 episodes to watch at once ;-; now i only got 20 min of overlord and i have to wait 1 more week
Feb 13, 2018 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty good, if somewhat busy, episode to get us started in this new arc, with lots of new characters to bring in and some old faces to reintroduce (if I'm honest, I'd forgotten about Brain's existence, despite his stupid name). Sebas is a character who seems interesting enough to follow around for an arc, but I suppose it's a shame that it looks like Ains is barely going to be in this season of Overlord at all (so much for being the main character).
Feb 13, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
The pacing in this episode was quite fast. So many stuff were introduced. Sebas was nice in helping that poor woman. She went though so many terrible things.
Feb 13, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2008
BlackstarFallen said:
The pacing in this episode was quite fast. So many stuff were introduced. Sebas was nice in helping that poor woman. She went though so many terrible things.

Humanity can be pretty monstrous wouldn't you say.
Feb 13, 2018 10:26 AM
May 2014
BlackstarFallen said:

Believe it or not, but that was probably the least dark part about this arc.
Feb 13, 2018 10:28 AM

Apr 2013
Syphilis, 2 venereal diseases, and anal fissure.

Who still smashin?
Feb 13, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
Loads of development this episode. Pretty interesting, looking forward to seeing the direction these developments takes and the overall context and relation to Ains.

Tsuare was in horrible shape, just looking at her made me feel bad for her. :(
I'm glad Sebas took her in.
Feb 13, 2018 10:55 AM
Mar 2017
Who is "Touch Me"?
When the world was a game, is it the person who created the guild? How did Momonga become the guild leader (when it was a game)?
My memory fails me to remember things from season 1. and I did not see the Novel or Manga
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 13, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2008
FireCrauter said:
Who is "Touch Me"?
When the world was a game, is it the person who created the guild? How did Momonga become the guild leader (when it was a game)?
My memory fails me to remember things from season 1. and I did not see the Novel or Manga

Touchme was another Player like Momonga. he saved Momonga from human PK'ers and they later founded Ainz Oal Gown >_>
Feb 13, 2018 11:01 AM
Mar 2017
FireCrauter said:
Who is "Touch Me"?

Touchme was another Player like Momonga. he saved Momonga from human PK'ers and they later founded Ainz Oal Gown >_>

ah, then they created the guild together ?. Thank you.
Feb 13, 2018 11:04 AM

Apr 2008
FireCrauter said:

ah, then they created the guild together ?. Thank you.

Him and the other supreme beings /players
Feb 13, 2018 11:07 AM

May 2017
Darklight0303 said:
FireCrauter said:
Who is "Touch Me"?

I still don't get the whole plot, having already watched season 1, where's the other players? Why is "he" trapped in that game world? Why are the guardians his now even tho they weren't his creations? And why does ainz know that his friends max the guardians love for him?
Feb 13, 2018 11:23 AM
Mar 2017
TsundeReaper said:

I still don't get the whole plot, having already watched season 1, where's the other players? Why is "he" trapped in that game world? Why are the guardians his now even tho they weren't his creations? And why does ainz know that his friends max the guardians love for him?

I have the same questions, I think I remember this season, that Ainz said there could be more game players in that world. (I think, correct me if not)

When I see a new player who looks strong, I think he was a player.

If I had been a player, I would become a shitty soldier, since I would not have money to pay for good things :'C

Darklight0303 said:

Him and the other supreme beings /players

Those supreme players were not brought into the world?
Feb 13, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2008
TsundeReaper said:

1. Only Ainz seems to have been transported. But items from the game are present in this world, so there might be other players. If nothing else, other players have been here once
2. Nobody knows why he is trapped in this world. However, this isn't the game world, but a different one. Basically, he was transported from the real world to Nazarick in the game world, and then everyone in Nazarick was transported from the game world to some fantasy world
3. The Guardians are part of the Ainz al Gown guild, and he is the Guildmaster and is basically the last remaining member of that guild. NPCs serve the players, especially the Guild Master
4. The Guardians proved their loyalty to Ainz, though he still seems to be slightly afraid of them

FireCrauter said:
Those supreme players were not brought into the world?

No. Maybe they would have been if they were in the game at the same time as Ainz, but Ainz was alone at the time. Most of them stopped playing the game.
Feb 13, 2018 11:28 AM

Aug 2014
TsundeReaper said:
Darklight0303 said:

Just in case putting this under a spoiler tag

Nayrael sums it up pretty good as well.
Feb 13, 2018 11:30 AM
Apr 2016
Finally some villains and heroes exposition. Been waiting for it for what, 2 seasons now? It all comes down to which faction will most characters take when they get a wind of Supreme One being a cool adolescent in a skeleton body. I believe half would rebel, but written as "decent", such as Cocytus and Sebas, would remain loyal to him. Though they are probably getting steamrolled together first by those mysterious supervillains. This series could take up to 60 episodes to tell properly, and I am not sure anyone wants to wait this long.
Re:formed
Feb 13, 2018 11:34 AM
Apr 2016
Kuinshi said:
TsundeReaper said:

Just in case putting this under a spoiler tag

Nayrael sums it up pretty good as well.

We could as well claim that the real world was merely a background to have the evil Supreme One act like a hero, and then the MMO to justify some stupid things reality would not have allowed otherwise. In the end its entertaining, it seems to posses a value, but I believe doing all those "real life MMO" without any not retarded background (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo) is cheap (then again KonoSubaSeShuku was always a comedy parody, and never challenged the realm of "True Art").
Re:formed
Feb 13, 2018 11:36 AM
Feb 2017
I wonder how nobody has mentioned this. The purity of your minds is astonishing... Wish I was the same, but i know too much... When Solution mentioned what the blonde woman had in terms of injury, I could see a deeper story to it...

She had Syphilis and two other such diseases. These are STDs or sexually transmited diseases. Had an anal fissure, and her two front teeth pulled out. Meaning that she was sexually abused and raped mercilessly by either that man or many more others. They raped her anally, so much that she had a fissure in her colon. Her two front teeth were pulled out so that she could be used for giving blowjobs by force, since there would be no teeth in the way... This is some fucking Dark Web kind of deal... To be honest, just thinking about what happened to her makes my stomach turn... Jesus Christ
Feb 13, 2018 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
HelpMeFindAnime said:
I wonder how nobody has mentioned this. The purity of your minds is astonishing... Wish I was the same, but i know too much... When Solution mentioned what the blonde woman had in terms of injury, I could see a deeper story to it...

She had Syphilis and two other such diseases. These are STDs or sexually transmited diseases. Had an anal fissure, and her two front teeth pulled out. Meaning that she was sexually abused and raped mercilessly by either that man or many more others. They raped her anally, so much that she had a fissure in her colon. Her two front teeth were pulled out so that she could be used for giving blowjobs by force, since there would be no teeth in the way... This is some fucking Dark Web kind of deal... To be honest, just thinking about what happened to her makes my stomach turn... Jesus Christ

Oh no we novel readers know. Overlord does not pull punches when it comes to graphic aspects
Feb 13, 2018 11:42 AM

Jul 2008
HelpMeFindAnime said:

People mentioned it, just not in detail. No need to, everyone understands what sick shit went on.
Someone also noted that there are much darker things in this arc. So... I can see the following eps will be quite something...
Feb 13, 2018 11:44 AM
Jul 2015
HelpMeFindAnime said:

Yes you are right, and I think most of the light novel reader knows that she get fucked in the anal and get forced blowjob. Another thing to point out is that she is actually pregnant. The hint is that the maid is eating her baby before Sebas comes back. So basically the maid eats her baby and make her body normal as it is.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

288 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.