Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 3, 2009 6:01 AM

Jan 2009
I just came to think about something when I read Cho's
Cho said:
Very glad that Hei got his love for eating back. But I thought that was his remuneration? He doesn't have his contractor ability anymore, so... I guess he'll get fat now? LOL.

.. I'm pretty sure Hei never had a remuneration in the first place, since his contractor ability wasn't actually his own, but his sister's which he somehow inherited.. Which means he was just a glutton to begin with, and then he went on an alcohol-diet, and now he's going back to being a glutton again : D WIN
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 3, 2009 7:47 AM

May 2009
I think that detective and otaku girl gonna show up when suoh and july walking in the street.... (dunno the street seems similar to detective agency in S1)
And it happens...
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Dec 3, 2009 7:57 AM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:
Cho said:
Very glad that Hei got his love for eating back. But I thought that was his remuneration? He doesn't have his contractor ability anymore, so... I guess he'll get fat now? LOL.

.. I'm pretty sure Hei never had a remuneration in the first place, since his contractor ability wasn't actually his own, but his sister's which he somehow inherited.. Which means he was just a glutton to begin with, and then he went on an alcohol-diet, and now he's going back to being a glutton again : D WIN

Huh, that's weird. I just figured eating a ton was his remuneration since that was the weird thing Hei did in every episode. I suppose it's possible Hei was just always like that (though I sincerely wonder how he could possibly eat so much...). I recall one of the voice actors in one of the early episodes of season one saying it was Hei's remuneration in the DVD commentary, but that could be false information I suppose.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
Cho said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:

Huh, that's weird. I just figured eating a ton was his remuneration since that was the weird thing Hei did in every episode. I suppose it's possible Hei was just always like that (though I sincerely wonder how he could possibly eat so much...). I recall one of the voice actors in one of the early episodes of season one saying it was Hei's remuneration in the DVD commentary, but that could be false information I suppose.

Well I could be wrong as well.
My line of thinking just makes me believe Hei doesn't really have a remuneration, since it isn't his own ability. I'm sure you understand what I mean, so I won't have to explain it in detail : P
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 3, 2009 6:08 PM

May 2009
Kind of glad Tanya died, after what she has done in the past can't say I'm sad to see her go.

NO, not the stupid detectives again! Seriously there are only a few eps left of this VERY short season, why waste an episode now with those two?

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Dec 4, 2009 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Cho said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:

My line of thinking just makes me believe Hei doesn't really have a remuneration, since it isn't his own ability. I'm sure you understand what I mean, so I won't have to explain it in detail : P

Then what the hell was that flicking through the book in the first episode of season 1
Dec 4, 2009 12:19 PM

Jan 2009
Zepwich said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:

Then what the hell was that flicking through the book in the first episode of season 1

First episode of season 1? Hoo that's too long ago to remember : D.. And I'm too lazy to plug in my second external hdd to check it again.. Soo.. put a comment on my profile and tell me what exactly happened in that episode : p (that applies to everyone who happens to know what happened back then)
Dec 4, 2009 3:51 PM

Jan 2008
Well there goes the Tanya.
Ah for crying out loud, not those two farking detectives again.
Dec 6, 2009 7:49 AM
Nov 2008
who is that girl in the beginning of the ep? i mean the one who is with madam oreille
Dec 6, 2009 2:02 PM

Apr 2009
DESU_USED said:
who is that girl in the beginning of the ep? i mean the one who is with madam oreille

At the pool? Um, Kirihara... o.O
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 6, 2009 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
I like the part with Suou and Tanya at the pool. It is sad and very well done. Never hated or loved Tanya, but i didn't want her to die :(.
Dec 6, 2009 4:46 PM

Oct 2008

Tanya..

Dec 7, 2009 2:27 AM

Aug 2009
Wow two idiots from forst season will come back. Waiting.
Dec 11, 2009 7:04 AM
Nov 2007
SHIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOON~ <3
Best thing about the ep, imho.

Wasn't a bad episode, but it wasn't particularly great either. I used to like Suou, but lately she's been getting on my nerves.
Contractor Suou is awesome though.
Dec 19, 2009 4:10 AM

Dec 2007
Aww Tanya dying was a really sad moment. It also looks like Suou and July are going their seperate way from Hei though I'm really hoping they'll meet back up pretty soon. Seeing Shion was also different as we've only gotten bits and pieces of him so far. He also appears to be a better sniper than Suou. Looks like we get to see Kiko and Gai in the next episode and I still haven't figured out of thats good or not...
Jan 9, 2010 12:54 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my, that was so good. So, who killed Tanya? I know it wasn't Suou since I didn't see her fire her cannon, or did she? :>

Plus, damnit Hei. Even without your contractor powers, you're still powerful. Damn, I admire you. You don't depend on your powers but you depend with your agility and other things, nicee.

I wonder what did Kirihara find out in the end. Was that Hei's voice? or was it someone else. Also, will Suou and Hei depart their ways? Noooo man. Stay together!
Jan 27, 2010 5:02 PM

Aug 2009
I want more Yin T.T
Jan 31, 2010 9:55 PM

Feb 2009
bakuramariks said:
I like the part with Suou and Tanya at the pool. It is sad and very well done. Never hated or loved Tanya, but i didn't want her to die :(.
~May you continue being the Messiah....
Feb 8, 2010 2:51 PM

Dec 2008
Finally Tanya dies....tho she was starting to have feelings in a way...I guess

So then, they have the same powers? I guess it's kind of obvious, twins, but Suou's payment is a lot better than his.

I dont get it are they mad at each other?....whatever, she finally reached Tokyo.
kaylee130Sep 1, 2017 3:39 PM

Mar 11, 2010 5:32 AM

Jan 2009
Too many cockroaches for one ep >_<... but at least we won't be seeing any anymore ^_^
This episode was really intense. But there are still so many questions ( like why is Hei still sticking with Suou, why is Yin killing contractors, why is Pavlichevko alive, what is Shion planning...) and I hope they'll have the decency to tell us the answers :|.

Next ep doesn't seem that great :-<...

Apr 4, 2010 8:07 AM

May 2009
So far I really don't get the hate for this series at all :S
Apr 17, 2010 2:22 PM

Mar 2009
So sorry to see Tanya die, just as she was getting her memories together. But so glad that Hei's eating again-I didn't like him drinking at all, although it seemed that he never got drunk...
Jun 5, 2010 3:04 AM

Sep 2009
Detective shows up next episode. I kinda liked that detective and girl...though I have to admit that they sometimes annoyed me, but that's just because they don't fully know what's going on.
Athena said:
So far I really don't get the hate for this series at all :S

Agreed, I'm enjoying this.
Jun 20, 2010 10:52 AM

Feb 2010
Haha, Mao is always being chased by something XD
Its nice to see how Hei is keeping his word with Suou, stop drinking, and bringing back the heavy loads of food XD That knife display was cool :D
Suou keeps losing friends as she goes :( Feel sorry.
Aug 16, 2010 11:56 PM
Feb 2008
Zepwich said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:
Oosran said:
Cho said:

Hei doesn't have remuneration since he's not a true Contractor. He got his powers from his sister Pai during the South America incident. They say this during the end of the first season. The eating and anything else is just red herrings to keep you guessing.

This ep was alright. It was about time for Tanya to go but I was suprised to see her handler buy it as well thought he'd do more.
Nov 27, 2010 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
Well, I don't feel bad for Tanya dying.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 8, 2010 9:10 AM

Oct 2009
Gee, Tanya was hot; but I already grieved for her death on the previous watching so oh wells.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2011 1:46 AM

Aug 2010
That is the DtB i wanted
Jan 27, 2011 10:18 AM

Apr 2009
this time Tanya.. T_T

I actually had hopes that Hei would gain his powers back after seeing his appetite but sadly that didn't seem to be the case
May 10, 2011 7:04 AM

Feb 2009
Again, what an episode! The plot keeps moving and with a very dark mood. Fortunately there's some light moments here and there, mostly with Mao!
And The ending was brutal...

Looks like some very charismatic old faces will return next ep!
Jan 13, 2012 5:01 AM

Aug 2011
I have a feeling that the brother just used a normal gun (since there was an old one in the house) and his power is great eye sight or something that helps him aim. It would be a nice compliment to Suou's powers.
Jun 10, 2012 9:53 PM

Apr 2011
Bitch got what she deserved.
Aug 22, 2012 10:07 PM

Nov 2009
Thank god Tanya died, but I have a problem with what Suou said... "I think the winter in Tokyo is colder than in Russia"... I did a little research and found that the winters in Russia range anywhere from a minimum temperature of about -60 C to -20 C where as in Tokyo the Temperature ranges from 2 C to 16 C... Needless to say that was a pretty derpy comment. Sorry for the rant just don't like it when people try and make it seem like they have a tougher life than they really do (ie Japanese writers trying to somehow convince themselves their winters are more intense than Russia).
Sep 10, 2012 10:54 AM

Dec 2010
Hands up if you think this episode was awesome. The pace is so dynamic, it's like things doesn't stay the same even for an episode. At the end we get another twist. Hei Suou part their ways. Suou did kill Tanya - I thought that she wouldn't be able to lay finger on her.

No flaws as always. My only concern is that this anime is gonna be over so soon =\
Jan 14, 2013 9:31 AM

Jan 2012
Glad that roach girl died, hated her powers. Anyway, the episode was great. Though I wonder what will happen now since they seperated.

Mar 30, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2012
Good episode with some nice development, seems they cleared some party out... but did Suou unconscious shot Tanya or what was up with that? But yea good episode either way lets see what happens next!
May 29, 2013 8:39 PM
Nov 2011
no it wasn't suo.. and I think suo complains about the cold in Tokyo, but I think that's her becoming more contractor like, and more cold inside. maybe I'm wrong.

I may be the only one, but I was hoping when Hei ordered all that food, that he did so on the Russian's tab. LOL... before making his move
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jun 10, 2013 4:59 PM

Jun 2012
good episode but still not much seen of Yin and unexpected didn't get killed by Suou
that was what I was hoping.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 8, 2013 3:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hm that was okay episode for me. Honestly I just really don't care about Suou that much. And I really think that they should stop reusing that mahou shoujo scene...like seriously. I'm totally sure that people will wait for her for 5 seconds when the gun comes out. If I were the enemy I would've killed her while the gun was coming out. And why does she have to be naked?
Aug 4, 2013 10:58 AM

Sep 2011
God damn where is season 3 at!? I don't want this to end. D:
Jan 25, 2014 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
Is Suou a contractor or not?? shes too soft
Jul 7, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
so there not dead
I knew she didn't shoot her
I don't know why hei doesn't beleave her well i guess i do but still dam
I liked that russian guy
[/quote]
Sep 14, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
This season needs more Misaki x Hei
Jun 24, 2015 3:49 AM

Aug 2013
Hei without his zap zap ability is kinda not fun.
Oh hey those comedy duo are back hahahaha.
Dec 1, 2015 11:00 PM
May 2012
Tanya died.
Oh and, Hei ate a lot this episode :O
Dec 2, 2015 5:33 AM
Dec 2011
so many dead with so many memories and stories i love this episode i am sad that Tanya is dead :3 but what is exactly going on :3
Feb 20, 2016 2:40 AM

Oct 2010
How can cockroaches stop a train?
Why was Suou running in the stands? she was in open view.
Why was Tanya just standing there in front of the pool? she was supposed to follow Suou.
How come the brother knew the place of Suou and Tanya? the train was stopped.
This series in so convenient.
Mar 6, 2016 8:06 AM

Aug 2014
It said this before in season 1 but Misaki looks so much better without her glasses + hair untied.

Had the biggest smile on my face when saw Hei's old eating habits again.
Now all I need is his powers returning + Black Reaper gear and I'm set xD

About fucking time Tanya died. I was getting tired of her shit, especially those cockroaches >_<
Apr 9, 2016 10:35 PM

Jun 2015
He kept the no more alcohol promise and started to eat like before!

What's Suou's brother plan? That's what disturb me
May 31, 2016 6:52 AM

Jul 2008
So the twins have the same ability? or was Shion already a sniper?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.