Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 14, 2010 11:36 PM

Apr 2010
Pengin's death was sad, a kid who got shot... even when he didn't want to fight.

If Togame dies i can get over her death easily... not too fond of her character, i mean i like her... but just not enough.

Shichika on the other hand is awesome, and now he's about to burst in flames and become the Perfect Deviant Blade to kill Emonzaemon.

I already guessed that Emonzaemon was gonna shoot her with Entou, and Shichika won't be able to do shit to stop it.

Oh man best episode so far... seriously.

Can't wait for the finale, Oh shit! it's a month away T_T
Nov 15, 2010 1:05 AM

Jun 2009
Sad to see Penguin die and didn't see Togame getting shot coming but it will be really upsetting if she dies, which will probably happen.

I see a few people wonder what they meant by Shichika being completed now.....here's my take:

If you think about it from when they started out on this journey and how Shichika and Togame functioned, it was sort of one sided. Meaning he was fighting/killing because of Togame and not for his own reasons (even though he decided to go with here and follow her orders). But now that she is dead, he will continue to fight/kill for his own personal reasons not Togame's.

And if you think about it, all the blades were weapons...just that, meant to only be used. Now he is using himself (as the weapon) because HE chooses to and not someone else. So my take on him being completed that he is a blade can kill and can decided to kill on his own accord.

Can't wait for this final ep.....can't believe it's ended either. But like they said "the end of any journey, is the end of everything"
Nov 15, 2010 1:17 AM

Oct 2010
Just wow.

Yeah, great episode, great series; it'll be interesting to see how they end it.

Nov 15, 2010 2:12 AM
Mar 2009
OMG the last episode is gonna be amazing from watching the trailer... So basically the whole thing is a "tower beat em up" where he faces a deviant blade every floor? I cant wait
Nov 15, 2010 2:18 AM

Jan 2009
torrentsven said:
if togame is dead this anime is shit

i have the same thoughts
Nov 15, 2010 3:26 AM

Feb 2010
so one ep left and still hope for togame and happy ending.
Nov 15, 2010 4:05 AM
Jul 2010
This episode had me shouted oh shit for a good few minutes after it ended

This month is going to be a extremely long wait.... :o
Nov 15, 2010 10:23 AM

Feb 2010
What a cliff-hanger...

Please let Togame live; not for her sake... but for Shichicka's... ;_ ;

The episode was brutal... I didn't expect 2 out of the 3 'deaths'... (Pengin & Togame)...

Ugh... next month cannot come soon enough!
Nov 15, 2010 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
wakka9ca said:
For those wondering, there is a trailer for the last episode here:

http://kiwi.kz/watch/aee6tjcicm4z

The third part of the video is the trailer.....very symbolic....

And again, TT___TT Togame.

That trailer is great... look closely at Shichika's expression and eyes - they have changed in an important way
Nov 15, 2010 12:00 PM

Sep 2010
What a superb episode !!

There are flowing battle, especially the shuriken-duel between Houou and Emonzaemon
Praise for those pretty romantic sessions between Shichika and Togame too ^^

But its so superb that its like i want 2 say F**K You to Emonzaemon for what he did to Pengin,, and Togame too.
It was too bad cause i just started to love Pengin. Undoubtely brutal death for my favourite character. T,T

Cursed you, Emonzaemon and your master, Hitei-hime.
I just want to see how will Emonzaemon be finished next episode !!
Nov 15, 2010 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
Awesome epsiode full of win ! 5/5

The first fight with Houou and Emonzaemon was amazing. And what an ending wow I hope that Togame stays alive but it wouldnt surprize me if she dies because almost everyone died till now haha.
AceIIINov 15, 2010 2:15 PM
Nov 15, 2010 3:32 PM
Dec 2007
Awesome cliffhanger to a relatively eventless episode (apart from some revelations and Houhou's expected defeat). Still a great setup episode for the final one.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 15, 2010 6:10 PM

Mar 2009
TOGAME!! :( In the words of Peter... holy freaking crap!! Unreal episode, her about to die... The way Enzo kills just reminds me of those movies where the guy is like (Any last words? Yeah, you suck balls. Die, you bastard.). Now I just hope Shicka goes postal on his and the princess's asses with Togame in his memory. Now that would change history.
Nov 15, 2010 9:48 PM

Feb 2008
My guess - Togame, Shichika and Hitei will all live for at least another 12 months <shrug>
Nov 16, 2010 10:32 AM

Jul 2009
Whew. I might rewatch 1-11 when 12 comes out
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 16, 2010 11:32 AM
May 2008
wakka9ca said:
For those wondering, there is a trailer for the last episode here:

http://kiwi.kz/watch/aee6tjcicm4z

The third part of the video is the trailer.....very symbolic....

And again, TT___TT Togame.

Thanks for linking, trailer for the next episode looks badass. :p
Nov 16, 2010 1:21 PM
Dec 2008
TOGAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Noooooooooooooo
Nov 16, 2010 2:03 PM

Oct 2010
Ugh, every time I read the words Togame and dying or dies my chest tightens up. I really hope she makes it. I'll be extremely upset otherwise.
Nov 16, 2010 8:26 PM

May 2010
HOLY F***!!! togame's dead?!!!!!! O,O
damn this episode was packed! and the setup for the next ep....omg...i'm speechless....i soooooooo can't wait for the next one to come out! T^T
and i hope togame's not really dead....plz.....nooooooooo T^T
Nov 16, 2010 8:48 PM
Jan 2008
its ok... its ok... im sure its just a lie.... and if it isn't, this anime goes from being a solid 10 all the way to 1

p.s. - when the next episode comes out, someone please p.m. me if Togame is alive... i caan't bring myself to watch
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Nov 16, 2010 9:31 PM

Jan 2010
She can live dammit, 50 Cent was shot 9 times and lived.
Ok™
Nov 16, 2010 11:33 PM
Jun 2008
McRib said:

MorningGloryNov 16, 2010 11:38 PM
Nov 17, 2010 12:22 AM

Jul 2009
MorningGlory said:
McRib said:

NOT HELPING.

I'm not convinced that she's actually dead... definitely Code Geass influencing that one XP
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 17, 2010 7:43 AM

Dec 2008
Man, I shouldn't have watched this episode so soon. I should have just waited until episode 12 came out then I could've watched both and had no cliffhanger.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Nov 17, 2010 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Togame :(

Shichika can better bring some Super Saiyan 9000 heat in to the next episode and kill those bastards.

And if Togame really dies, the whole anime will be ruined for me. I need happy ending ffs!
Nov 17, 2010 1:21 PM
Dec 2008
History tends not to have happy endings, can shichika do what he was meant to do and alter the real history?!
Dum dum dum.
OxicotonNov 17, 2010 4:23 PM
Nov 17, 2010 3:36 PM
Jan 2008
its anime... why not? but it better end happy *shakes fist* or else.....*gets out bottle of ink, parchment, and quill pen* i might write an angry old-fashioned letter!!!
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Nov 18, 2010 11:11 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Togame got gunned down.

Nov 18, 2010 9:05 PM

Jun 2007
just one thing before i go on to loving this episode too much

NisiOisiN is a fucking genious. this guy is brilliant.

this anime may be simpled down a bit from the novels, but it is still a pretty good mindfuck in terms of who the enemies are and the truth behind the katanas and everything.
it was really nice seeing the founder of kyotouryuu. no wonder shichika can't use a sword, the founder sucked at it.
the ninja fight was good, but i am still a bit confused as to who emonzaemon really is. yeah, he is a really legendary ninja, the only survivor of his clan, but.. what was his relationship with houou. houou using the deviant blade was interesting. also him turning into shikizaki kiki, or a really fucked up dude.
togame has turned so nice... <3
i love how shichika is so... simple and everything, togame and him make a perfect complementary pair.
emonzaemon beating luck was lucky... i swear it should have ricoche'd towards him instead.
shichika beating shikizaki was interesting. but kiki's methods were weird... could he really see into the future? and if so... wth?

the ending was too sad. it's kind of an annoying end, but.... cliffhanger D=
poor togame, don't die from two bullets D=
and shichika... is finally the perfect kyotouryuu.... togameee!!!

i want a happy ending.... this anime is too good to have a bad end...
Nov 19, 2010 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
Holy fuck, what a horrible way for Pengin to die. Kudos to the writer. Even though I love Emonzaemon, I also like Pengin... and that was hard to watch. I liked this episode more than the one with Shichika's sister, and that was pretty hard to top. Moved the show back up to 6/10, hopefully it can sustain this level for the last ep.

Togame also getting shot surprised me. D: What is gonna happen nextttttttttttttttttttt
Nov 20, 2010 3:52 AM
Aug 2008
Love this anime cant wait for nex ep XD
Nov 20, 2010 11:24 AM
Jun 2008
Richard_Omega said:

but.. what was his relationship with houou.

Ninja is almost completely useless in the time of peace.If Togame didn't hired these Ninja,I bet they could have been perish from hunger or been disbanded.I am not sure why Maniwani corp attack Aoi corp,but I can make a small speculation of why. I think Maniwani destroy Aoi corp in order to gain the last Aoi ninja, So that Houou can steal the part of body of the "last ninja(Emonzaemon)" .

Houou said:
"I am not a leader. You are overestimating my position. I merely took on a provisional directorial role, since I have comparatively more common sense than the others."
well, not matter how common sense you are.unfortunately your subordinate(pengin) doesn't have common sense (lending the deviant sword)
Nov 20, 2010 8:57 PM

Aug 2009
yap, if Togame still alive after she was killed, then this anime is stupid.
Nov 21, 2010 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
Wow ... simply waaa ... I did not expect this, awesome ep.

At the beginning Emonzaemon. Nice fight with Houou but, he could let go of the kid, or at least quickly finish him off...
So Shikizaki Kiki foresaw the future... Well it certainly explains a lot.
And ending. The setting sun, I think to myself, a nice Shichika x Togame romantic scene...But no... Ahh ... and how can now wait patiently for the last ep.

Nov 21, 2010 5:20 PM

Nov 2007
I think they screwed us over with the lucky ability of Pengin. I mean if he is lucky enough to curve bullets shot right at him, you'd think it would take less luck to not let bullets that are fired away from him to hit. The excuse that a ricochet was bound to hit him was crap since his ability was said to make even bullets move out of his way. The only way I'd be satisfied with Emounzaimon's defeat of Pengin's luck like that is if he has some ability over time and he moved the bullets passed the lifespan of Pengin to where his dead luck wouldn't let the bullets maneuver awayt. I say that just cuz Emounzaimon talked about his luck not lasting forever into the future and maybe that's also why his wounds from Pengin's fight and the huge slash from the fight with Houhou mysteriously vanished because he sped up the healing through time or reversed the damage through time manipulation.

P.S. I think it'd be cool for her to die and the sword to be heartless again, I mean his a a deviant sword, not a nice sword a or nice human.

]The wound didn't disappear,it is still there and pengin slept for a few day after the slash from houou.

I was saying that Emounzaimon's wounds healed because he was the first to get slashed by the possessed Houhou before Pengin, and pretty deep too. Then when he showed up to fight Pengin he didn't have any marks or even acted like he was injured. Then when he walked up and shot the girl at the end he didn't have the scratch on his face from when Pengin got him.
silentknight0083Nov 23, 2010 9:32 PM
Nov 23, 2010 1:41 AM
Jun 2008
^
Actually its more like manipulate the fate.its a active skill, not a passive.
Pengin can increase the speed and the damage of the ball.Have you notice that the ball did not damage the room even its travel in such high speed.The door is made from paper and the ball didn't went out....

Pengin didn't know Emonzaemon is using such trick against him.

Pengin's fight and the huge slash from the fight with Houhou mysteriously vanished because he sped up the healing through time or reversed the damage through time manipulation.
The wound didn't disappear,it is still there and pengin slept for a few day after the slash from houou.
Nov 25, 2010 4:37 PM

May 2008
Nov 26, 2010 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
Oh wow. I wonder how many people are going to wish they hadn't picked this series up after the next episode.
Nov 26, 2010 7:28 PM

Oct 2010
Houou deserved better than that I think, being called "God Houou", just to die while being possessed. Still love the series though ^_^
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Nov 28, 2010 5:29 PM

Aug 2008
Hmmm...this episode was very good. It might take the last episode for me to fully realize whether or not it was great, but since I really didn't like how quickly Houou possessed by Kiki was offed, and how nonchalantly it was dealt with, I'll just stick with good. I was much more affected by Penguin's death than Togame's because it was just so much more graphic. Seeing the barrel go into his mouth and hearing him mumble for his life through it (and the visual change of the show) left a deep impression. That visual change was there in Togame getting shot, but not on her--on Shichika.

Either way, I'm psyched for the best show of the year to finally be getting over with.
Dec 6, 2010 3:01 AM

Jan 2009
Emonzaemon, ho! \|  ̄ヘ ̄|/
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 7, 2010 4:21 PM
Nov 2008
The preview for last episode looks cool....Shichika looks bad ass :O [ and that makes it cool ]
Dec 15, 2010 5:28 PM

Jun 2009
at start i disliked maniwa but as the story moved on ,i changed my mind step by step andi rlly liked Togame . only thing i dislike in all this eps is that 1 of Deviant blades is actually a gun , even tho it doesn't make sense , i guess it's needed for twisting a plot more .... in any case good ep ...
Gabriel

Dec 16, 2010 5:42 PM

Sep 2009
Well that's a shocker...good thing I can check out the next episode right now.
Dec 17, 2010 11:09 AM
Mar 2009
i saw two people that i didnt want them to die get shot
pengin and togame
DAMN YOU EMONZAEMON

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Dec 18, 2010 6:35 PM

Apr 2009
WTH!!!
Dec 30, 2010 6:11 PM
Nov 2010
The bitch is finally dead.

how come the last 2 episodes (ep10-ep11) are awesome? I hope it will have a great conclusion so I can keep the generous 7/10.

Also animation improved quite a lot, less static frames, more great BGM, less annoying (repetitive) moments, the main character evolved in a good way, Togame not much, she was still the same bitch until she died which kinda killed my enjoyment in the middle of series.
Jan 4, 2011 10:05 PM

Jan 2009
Ahhh tragic!
I can't want Shichika to go completely INSANE in the next ep and tear that fool to pieces!

Jan 5, 2011 5:28 AM

Feb 2009
O_O

So many people died when they were killed in this episode... which was great btw (the episode).

I just hope that in the next episode, by the time Togame dies, Emonzaemon will already be torned into pieces!
Jan 6, 2011 3:20 AM

Jul 2009
I hope she's dead. I would love this 100x more if she's dead. She's honestly one of the most annoying protagonists I've ever seen.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

335 by puffle9000 »»
Sep 28, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hatsuyuki - Sep 11, 2012

144 by AoButa16 »»
Aug 18, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

632 by dspr »»
May 24, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
Apr 25, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.