Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 20, 2010 2:34 AM

Jul 2010
I watched Pokemon when i was little kid,but the thing that get me into anime was my friend and his:"Naruto is awesome man","Watch Naruto with me Please".So I started watching Anime Because of my friend X)
Jul 20, 2010 2:41 AM

Sep 2009
For earlier in life, I was just watching Pokemon being aired on Cartoon Network. I never knew it was anime. Got exposed to Rurouni Kenshin, but it wasn't so good for me back then. I lost much interest for a while.

I still played Japanese games though.

Then, my brother told me to watch GTO with him. That was it. I got back into anime for good. After that, I really grew fond of anime and everything else stemmed from there.

Jul 20, 2010 2:59 AM

Oct 2008
Well I just used to watch anime on tv without knowing it's anime
But when I started watching it seriously, it was because I was influenced by one of my favorite bands at the time. The members like anime and manga a lot and their style is visual kei.
Jul 20, 2010 3:53 AM

May 2010
Well it was all thanks to my older sister. When I was little (maybe 4 years old) she used to watch Sailor Moon, and I sometimes watched with her. And when I was 11 years old I started watching it myself, and so I started watching many others after that.
Aug 3, 2010 6:32 AM
Jul 2010
I was bored and a couple people in my school did cosplay of some anime which I don't the know the name of. I thought people that did cosplay look dumb b I still do anyways but 2 the story . I wanted 2 know y they was so into it so I try a anime n I like it so I keep on watching anime. Now I am a big fan of anime.
Aug 3, 2010 6:37 AM

Aug 2009
The Dragonball manga, was reading it when I was younger and found out there was a anime adaption, that and Spirited Away.

A man of few words.
Aug 3, 2010 7:01 AM
Jun 2008
Too boring while in college life, later on I went shopping and buy Naruto series.Naruto is the first Anime that inspire me into Anime,but Naruto is also the first Anime that I am truly lost my expectation on it....
Aug 3, 2010 7:06 AM

Feb 2009
Ive always watched the popular shounens on TV, but what really pushed me into the anime medium was Rurouni Kenshin, I had watched before, but when I rewatched I started to get into other series.
Aug 3, 2010 8:35 AM

Jul 2008
Catgirls.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Aug 3, 2010 8:42 AM

Feb 2010
the curiosity of why so many ppl watched it
Aug 3, 2010 9:08 AM

Jun 2010
I start watching Detective Conan then my friend introduce to me what Anime is and what is it really like :P
Aug 3, 2010 9:09 AM

Aug 2009
Because.....my sister watched them, and I decided to watch a few.
2 years later, I became obsessive because of Fate Stay/Night
Aug 3, 2010 9:32 AM
Dec 2009
I had a friend that needed a place to stay, so I let him stay at my house for a few months. I had no computer or internet so I ended up watching the three series he owned witch were love hina, tenchi and chobits. When I got the net I searched google to see if there were any shows I might like. Now there is so much I want to watch, the list never ends.
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Aug 3, 2010 10:21 AM

Aug 2010
I first got into anime by watching Cardcaptors in Kids WB. Then I ended up finishing the series and started watching even more anime.

I forgot how I got into manga... ahehehe..
metalliciousAug 22, 2010 11:23 AM
Aug 3, 2010 10:30 AM

Feb 2010
I guess technically, my first was Pokemon or Yugioh :P But I don't really count those since they didn't encourage me to look at other animes...

Anyway, sometime in middle school, I was on Neopets (embarrassing to admit) and in the forums, everyone was going crazy about Adult Swim and how Cowboy Bebop was on that night. Not knowing what Adult Swim OR Cowboy Bebop even were (I didn't know that Adult Swim was anime/adult cartoons, etc), I flipped on my TV to check it out.

Turns out it was the last episode of Cowboy Bebop...yeah. Anyway, after that I started watching random shows on AS and got into Trigun. Years later in high school, I met a girl who liked Cowboy Bebop and we eventually started having 'anime dates' where we'd watch things like Millenium Actress or Tokyo Godfathers. After that, I started watching anime on my own and now I'm here. :)
Aug 3, 2010 10:34 AM
Aug 2010
I've loved anime for a very long time, since I first saw them on American TV, of course I soon learned that watching the original Japanese episodes were a lot better
Aug 3, 2010 11:13 AM

Sep 2009
When I started high school I knew no-one but then I met a group of really good friends and they were all watching anime (more or less) and they introduced me to it, then I gradually started liking it more and more.
Aug 3, 2010 11:15 AM

May 2010
Found some subbed hentai on a *certain site*, and actually liked it, mainly because it actually had a good story and no tentacles. Later on, I looked up anime, and ended up watching some Miyazaki movies. Eventually I branched into series. While I no longer care for hentai, I will remember it as the way I got into anime.

Fate Stay Night was my first true series, and still one of my favs.
Aug 3, 2010 11:17 AM

Jun 2010
The 1st thing I ever saw would be Pokémon, back when it started airing in TV.
Afterwards due to the similarities between them, I wanted to see Digimon aswell, but I remember thinking it was completely diffrent once it arrived :O
Some time later I started watching Dragonball and Yugioh :)

With lots of year between all this I caught a freind watch Bleach and I was interested right away :D! Started watching lots of episodes with this guy, and thus started my some-what short whiled journey down the endless road of anime, compared to some of you :)

I'm probebly wrong about the order hence:
(all in correct order as when it started airing in Denmark, except for bleach)
I'd like to everything.
Aug 3, 2010 11:23 AM

Jun 2010
obviously used to watch like pokemon and digimon and all of them but mainly got into anime when toonami was released and it had like dragonball z, tenchi (or tenchu?) in tokyo, one piece and outlaw star... I stopped watching for a while though and got back in to anime after watching deathnote, followed by fate/stay night :D

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Aug 3, 2010 11:27 AM

Feb 2008
Ghibli movies and a 90s little mermaid anime version.
i didn't really really get into it until high school though, when i started looking back at things I loved when I was little. I realized that pretty much all of my favorite movies growing up were anime, so I started watching.
Aug 3, 2010 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
It all started when I was searching for a song, I didn´t found the music clip so I found an amv of a show called Wolf´s rain with that song.
I was curious and started watching the show and that´s how I got into anime.
Aug 3, 2010 2:38 PM

Jul 2010
My first animes would have been Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, DBZ, etc, etc. back in the days when the originals were airing on cartoon network. As I grew older I lost interest in these mundane, heavily commercialized animes until I saw Inuyasha on adult swim, which opened my eyes to the existence of anime which was not completely devoid of interest. Then a friend introduced me to Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach (the mangas) and after that I was hooked.

So I've been a fan ever since :D
Aug 3, 2010 2:56 PM

Oct 2009
Ofcourse like everybody else i saw all the anime that was on tv back in the day (DBZ,Pokemon etc) but what really got me into anime was Inuyasha which was back in elementary school
BleakBurstAug 3, 2010 3:30 PM
Aug 3, 2010 2:58 PM

May 2010
Pokemon -> YuGiOh (skips 3 years) Basil Market then introduced me to Bleach which I watched on anime freak and I found out about death note :D
Aug 3, 2010 3:09 PM

Feb 2008
A forum I was active at had a lot of people into anime, so I was curious and checked it out. I liked what I saw and continued watching.
Aug 3, 2010 3:10 PM

Mar 2010
Well, ignoring all the stuff I watched when I was a kid like DBZ and Digimon, which I didn't know were anime at the time, I had a friend who leant me a few random manga, and the obsession started there (ironically, she neither reads manga or watches anime anymore. Apperently it's a "phase" lol) and then someone else sent me a link to Ouran ,as they knew I had borrowed these manga.
It's only now I've come to realise that with the exception of Spongebob, Kim Possible, The Simpsons, Futurama and Lizzie McGuire everything I used to watch was anime lol. XD
Aug 3, 2010 4:33 PM

Sep 2009
My firsts were pokemon, yugioh, then eventually dbz inuyasha and yu yu hakasho, then i started to become hooked
Aug 3, 2010 5:24 PM

Aug 2010
I use to watch Pokemon all the time and I must admit I'm still a fan of it. But what really got me interested in Anime/manga was Fruits Basket.
I was at the library and I was bored and decided to wander over to the wall where they have the anime. I saw Fruits Basket and picked up a volume. Then I loved it and kept getting them. That was pretty much the start of it all. :)
Aug 3, 2010 6:41 PM

Sep 2009
DBZ back in the day on CN. I started watching it before Funimation put out all the episodes. You can imagine my anticipation of watching DBZ up to when Goku arrives on Namek, and then having to wait! That's what started my anime obsession.
not a job creator

Aug 3, 2010 8:26 PM

Mar 2010
Toonami really got me involved in it
Aug 3, 2010 8:33 PM
Jun 2010
YTV on the cable : friday nights they were airing Fullmetal Alchemist and Zatch Bell. Then they aired 10 episode of Death Note straight during one boring New Year... this series made me love anime/manga in general.

Aug 3, 2010 8:36 PM

Feb 2010
My cousin introduced me. I am forever in her debt.
Aug 3, 2010 10:47 PM

Aug 2008
DBZ. That was fifth grade. Granted, I did watch Digimon, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon prior, I think, but DBZ got me into whatever was airing on Toonami and later Adult Swim. I didn't get into manga until very recently (FMA) because I didn't know or have access to free online readers, otherwise I never would have gotten into manga or would have ever invested money into obtaining it.

But yeah, it was DBZ, believe it or not, because of all the hype from people I knew and because they looked so much like Chrono Trigger characters for obvious reasons.
Aug 3, 2010 11:25 PM

Dec 2007
Sci-Fi's early anime programming (Akira, Beautiful Dreamer, Project A-ko) is where I got hooked

Aug 4, 2010 2:47 AM

Aug 2009
My first anime was Pokemon! :3

I watched it when i was 3 years old and maybe even younger!

I still have some of the original pokemon tapes :D
Aug 4, 2010 3:10 AM
Feb 2010
My brothers were once into watching Dragon Ball and they would sit and watch it every week day when it came on tv, one day instead of going elsewhere I stayed in the room and this happened for a couple of days then I ended up watching it regularly with them everytime it was on. I remember too, I was convinced I was strange because I liked a 'boys show'.
Aug 4, 2010 4:20 AM

Jan 2010
I had watched some anime when I was little but wasn't full on into it as I am now when my friend gave me Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Death Note during early highschool. I was like awesome when I first watched.
Aug 4, 2010 6:03 AM

Jul 2010
I grew up watching Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Digimon and Cardcaptors.
It's quite addictive =3
Aug 4, 2010 11:47 AM
Sep 2007
Hmm...the first anime I watched was Pokemon along with Fatal Fury, Street Fighter, Ranma 1 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Dragon Ball Z. I was surrounded by animes when I was a kid but I didn't know about it then. I wasn't much into watching them either until 3 or 4 years ago I came across an anime called Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora. After that, I started to watch more and more animes and that's how I got to be where I am now.
~ Time passes by in the blink of an eye...
Aug 4, 2010 3:47 PM

Dec 2009
Started off with Sailormoon, Digimon, and Dragon Ball Z, I didn't know it was anime until looking up the shows on our new computer at the time.

After that it was Gundam Wing and I just went from there; watching all the anime I could get my hands on. It helped that I had a few people that I knew that liked anime as well and introduced me to some that I wouldn't have known of otherwise.

Now I mostly have to find shows by myself which is fine by me.

Aug 4, 2010 4:06 PM

Dec 2009
The cute girls got me in it, then the cool guys, then the awesome story, then the awesome everything
Aug 5, 2010 5:42 AM

Mar 2010
My friend coerced me into watching Deathnote, and i found it so amazing that i decided to watch Code Geass, which he told me was also good. I guess after those two epic series I became an anime fan, if a bit reluctant at first.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» AMV HELL 8.5 Is Out

RareAnimeHunter - 10 hours ago

9 by TheMechaManiac »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 1 hour ago

8 by TheMechaManiac »»
7 minutes ago

» What are old anime that won't be made today

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 26

35 by RareAnimeHunter »»
18 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

719 by ryzxgum »»
27 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 26

97 by RareAnimeHunter »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.