Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 2, 2010 2:19 PM

May 2010
hmmm lets see. i've played around 79 days in world of warcraft and 25 days in maple story and i have to include all video games which is a long list!

i've just quitted playing. i have decided that from now on when im bored i will NOT play a game. i will either improove japanese, watch a japanese drama, read a manga or watch anime! im sick of playing video games! i have completely forgot the delightment of playing a game.

why do you play games people!?!?!
/
why do you not play games (like me, being really really smart)? =)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2010 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
Because they're fun.
Jun 2, 2010 2:20 PM
Sep 2008
Why do I play games?
They are addicting and fun! =D However, I do know that they only waste away my life when I could be doing other things.

Someday I hope to have the willpower to be able to do what you're doing.

Edit: Fuck you, past me. Games are awesome. Moderation is key.
AdventureDec 18, 2014 9:19 PM
"Cowboy... Bebop? Is it like... High School Musical?"
Jun 2, 2010 2:22 PM

Jan 2009
The same reason I watch anime, it's enjoyable. It's not that hard of a question, I am sorry that you played games to the point when they are not fun, but for me they still are and I will keep playing them.

Panzerseed said:
i will either improove japanese

Might want to fix your English first.

Panzerseed said:
why do you not play games (like me, being really really smart)? =)

But not smart enough to see the video game section...
Jun 2, 2010 2:25 PM

May 2010
burntlettuce said:
The same reason I watch anime, it's enjoyable. It's not that hard of a question, I am sorry that you played games to the point when they are not fun, but for me they still are and I will keep playing them.

gosh, i really envy you mate. i sincerely do.
(they'll hopefully move this post to games discussion. arghh, my fault.)
Jun 2, 2010 2:29 PM
Feb 2010
They are bringing out fantastic games all the time, don't give up on hope yet!
GoneeJun 2, 2010 2:55 PM
Jun 2, 2010 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
It's art. I just love how people, who suck at playing keep telling to those who are better in gaming/playing, that they have no life. It is like excuse for those people, for being bad in playing. But you know what? Whatever I do in my life, I do not care what do I do, as long as I'm one of best in at least one thing, in something which englightement and mastership could be achieved - same with game.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Jun 2, 2010 2:38 PM

May 2008
There's nothing smart in ditching video games only to waste your time on equally useless activities such as watching anime or reading manga.

Jun 2, 2010 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
Some games actually help you learn how to think. That is - if you don't bother using things like strategy guides.

However, I've been long past the "gaming addiction" and am picky about the games I play - more so than the anime series that I choose to watch.

Also... on a related note: Why bother watch anime? Why bother with TV? Etc. The reasons and answers to such questions are all the same: ENTERTAINMENT.
Panzerseed said:
hmmm lets see. i've played around 79 days in world of warcraft and 25 days in maple story and i have to include all video games which is a long list!

And perhaps -- try avoiding games that suck. LOL
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jun 2, 2010 2:52 PM

Jan 2010
I play games when I'm bored or just for fun. Now days, I only play for a few minutes a week. If there isn’t any people I can play with online, which of course adds a few minutes extra.
Jun 2, 2010 2:53 PM

Feb 2008
corbenic said:
There's nothing smart in ditching video games only to waste your time on equally useless activities such as watching anime or reading manga.

I wouldn't say so. Watching anime and reading manga, anyone can do that, but not anyone can play well. Maybe useless, but not totally, like Kyuu said, it might learn you how to think. I have never had a proper english teacher, but I have learned english through watching movies, reading books and mostly by playing games (MMO, which required me to chat). Game can even be creative such as Sim City and so on. It is not useless, but might not be effective in matter of giving knowledge, as book would be. But it could be vice versed too, if book is cr*p, then even game can give more knowledge than books.

I have learned some history facts during WWII in Call Of Duty: World at War, about emperor Showa. Even though I know a lot what he did to chinese, even just fragments of videos in game can give me at least minimum of knowledge.

Game are also full of information, and could be actually equal to movies, just that you have option to move with your character, city and so on. Both of them has storyline.

spupapiJun 2, 2010 2:56 PM
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".

Jun 2, 2010 3:09 PM

May 2010
Games are a good way to pass time, have fun, talk to people, challenge yourself, etc etc...

So that's why I play them. And why I will always play them.
Jun 2, 2010 3:14 PM
Oct 2009
I think i play games to pass time
Jun 2, 2010 3:17 PM

Mar 2008
i don't play them ...
The world is my country, science is my religion.
Anime Achievements
Jun 2, 2010 3:18 PM

Dec 2007
I'm not sure. The MRPG games are quite addictive because you talk with people, but the others... I don't get it as well. I can't really play games.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jun 2, 2010 3:20 PM

Feb 2008
Panzerseed said:
hmmm lets see. i've played around 79 days in world of warcraft

Come talk to me when you reach 328 days.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Jun 2, 2010 3:21 PM

Oct 2009
Scud said:
Because they're fun.
This also not playing games does not make you smarter...
Jun 2, 2010 3:24 PM
Feb 2010
Scud said:
Because they're fun.

This. Isn't this a good enough reason?

Jun 2, 2010 3:33 PM
Feb 2010
You're asking a question that has no right or wrong answer.

I'd say that your problem is that you're not venturing outside of WoW and Maple Story enough. I'm not surprised that games got stale on you. You've only been playing two (according to your post).

Seems like all you did was make a thread about how you shifted your attention from one art medium to another and that's what everybody does. I stopped watching anime and switched to video games over a month ago because anime was boring/tedious to me. Everyone needs a break from things after awhile. Nothing new.
Jun 2, 2010 3:34 PM

Jul 2008
Why play games? Because its interesting.

(Shout Out to PSU Fans o/~ lol)
Jun 2, 2010 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
I play RPGs. Not as much as I used to but I'm still keeping up with Pokemon :) Love that shit
Jun 2, 2010 3:40 PM

May 2010
Panzerseed said:

It's a nice escape from the real world. Probably the same reason why I watch anime.
Jun 2, 2010 3:50 PM

Nov 2009
Ha! I would play games if my mother didn't believe girls were supposed to play with things like My Little Pony, or Barbie. Seriously, I ripped the head off my first Barbie because it was so ugly.

But, anyways, you should have seen her reaction when I said I wanted to get Assassin's Creed 2. One word: Explosion.

I ended up getting socks. That's beside the point.

Jun 2, 2010 3:54 PM

Feb 2008
Mistyunion said:
Ha! I would play games if my mother didn't believe girls were supposed to play with things like My Little Pony, or Barbie. Seriously, I ripped the head off my first Barbie because it was so ugly.

But, anyways, you should have seen her reaction when I said I wanted to get Assassin's Creed 2. One word: Explosion.

Hahaha. I won from JRC 5 assasins creed 2, sadly I have gave them away to my friends. If you asked me sooner, maybe I would gift you one. By the way, it is really great game comparse to it's prequel.

Jun 2, 2010 4:18 PM
Feb 2010
I play good games because they're damned entertaining. Are most of the games you play MMO's? Have you ever tried out Half-Life 2, Ocarina of Time, Oblivion or Supreme Commander? I mean, you won't be able to sink in 2000 hours into them, but they're still fun.
Jun 2, 2010 4:37 PM

Jun 2009
something to do
Jun 2, 2010 5:02 PM

Mar 2009
dynamo_electron said:
something to do

QFT. That and they're fun when the game isn't completely unfair.
Jun 2, 2010 5:04 PM
Feb 2010

are you serious ?_? why not? its to fun and intoxicating not to!!!!!!! XD

i love games hell i could playing games for hours XD

Jun 2, 2010 5:06 PM

Mar 2009
They're fun.
Jun 2, 2010 5:10 PM

May 2008
Mistyunion said:

Rat her out to feminists for reinforcing gender roles.

Jun 2, 2010 6:29 PM

Apr 2010
Enjoyment/effort(video games) > enjoyment/effort(bunch of other stuff)
Jun 2, 2010 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
Probably should belong in gaming section. Ah what the heck.

Mistyunion said:

Why are you playing a hot Italian man anyways. Shame on you.

Gaming ruins my eyesight, makes me lazy, have my mom call me a hobo, and make me have nightmares. Srsly, there's nothing fun about it unless I'm actually playing the game. And... that's all it really matters.
Jun 2, 2010 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
For the same reason that I read books, watch anime, watch movies etc...
It's a temporary and sometimes unhealthy escape to another world more exciting than our own.
Jun 2, 2010 7:34 PM

Jan 2010
Because I want to improve my sniping skills in a videogame and eventually enlist in the military. During my time in the military, I will become a godly marksman exceeding the skill level of soldiers such as Simo Hayha, Vasily Zaitsev, Gary Gordon, and Chuck Mawhinney. Hopefully, my unreal competence with the sniper rifle (which I owe to endless hours of Call of Duty, Counterstrike, and Team Fortress 2) will help me obtain much pussy and make me feel like more of a man. And that is why I like to play videogames.
Jun 2, 2010 7:37 PM

Jun 2009
FreedomT1 said:
dynamo_electron said:
something to do

QFT. That and they're fun when the game isn't completely unfair.

ya even if the game is unfair then the fun comes from trying to beat it.
Jun 2, 2010 7:51 PM

Apr 2010
MajesticUnicorn said:
Because I want to improve my sniping skills in a videogame and eventually enlist in the military. During my time in the military, I will become a godly marksman exceeding the skill level of soldiers such as Simo Hayha, Vasily Zaitsev, Gary Gordon, and Chuck Mawhinney. Hopefully, my unreal competence with the sniper rifle (which I owe to endless hours of Call of Duty, Counterstrike, and Team Fortress 2) will help me obtain much pussy and make me feel like more of a man. And that is why I like to play videogames.
I've actually heard somebody say that before.
Jun 2, 2010 7:56 PM

Dec 2009
i dont have much free time anymore with extra curricular and summer school, and so i find playing games just eats up my free time in which i could be doing more productive things (although i guess you cant call watching anime and reading manga productive can you?)
Jun 2, 2010 8:04 PM
Jul 2008
I don't know.I just like them. Also people play them because it's a form of,entertainment and stuff hey gaming is a activities. So Mr.Panzerseed how is not playing video games consider smart? I don't get it's.
HellobeeJun 2, 2010 8:17 PM
Jun 2, 2010 8:13 PM

Nov 2007
Well, you were playing World of Warcraft and Maplestory. That's your problem right there.

I play games for the stories and characters. It's like reading an interactive book. Sure, the stories aren't always great, but they're fun. It's also fun to be able to interact with your characters and control how you want them to become.

I like playing games like mario kart and super smash with my family or friends because they're more interesting than playing card games or board games to me.
Jun 2, 2010 8:47 PM

Jan 2010
zharnotczar said:
MajesticUnicorn said:
I've actually heard somebody say that before.

I pity that poor soul. I wonder how far his prowess will get him.
Jun 2, 2010 9:02 PM

Nov 2009
I would definitely say I play games just for fun. I don't play any serious games anymore, usually only do LAN and the occasional Single player game, and Starcraft 2 beta from time to time. I don't think I'll ever play another MMO, I just stick to more casual gameplay now.
Jun 2, 2010 9:06 PM

Apr 2007
Mystere said:
Scud said:
Because they're fun.

This. Isn't this a good enough reason?
Jun 3, 2010 7:16 AM

May 2010
Jun 3, 2010 10:51 AM

Jun 2009
Because it's fun... and because I have nothing better to do.
Jun 3, 2010 12:02 PM
Dec 2009
Because they are fun. I do understand getting board of games altogether. A year or so back I got really board of games because I could not find one that would keep my attention for long. I have been lately playing a lot more games at work then watching anime. I guess it depends on my mood.
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Jun 3, 2010 1:30 PM

Nov 2009
I don't play games becuase I hate it when I meet people who just sit in their rooms all day and play them. I think it's really sad and such a waste of precious time. :'(

But in moderation they're fine, I suppose. :3
curiouser and curiouser :)
Jun 3, 2010 2:17 PM

Jul 2008
SaraSlurpsCoffee said:
I don't play games becuase I hate it when I meet people who just sit in their rooms all day and play them. I think it's really sad and such a waste of precious time. :'(

But in moderation they're fine, I suppose. :3

Isn't it the same fucking thing as sitting in your room and watching anime? :3
Jun 3, 2010 2:35 PM

Jun 2010
I only play games with a good story line, like Final Fantasy and Disgaea, I play them more for the story than the fun of actually playing. Thats why I tend to cheat lots to see the next part of the story. It's just kinda like an interactive book to me. XD But games like WoW and Maplestory are of no interest to me since I don't think they have an intense story line. If it doesn't have a good story then do not want. XD;
Jun 3, 2010 2:37 PM
Feb 2010
4Fun
Jun 3, 2010 3:05 PM

May 2010
I never liked video games, but one video game I really enjoyed and beat about 5 times and I plan to beat it again. I loved the story.

Most video games didn't have great stories such as the one I played, and that's why I only played that one.

I tried other games but they just weren't fun.

I don't play games often anymore, except for that game which I will beat occasionally.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.