Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 8, 2010 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
Lol people are really mad about the picture part being bullshit. honestly who cares. its an anime. it was cute. i loved it!!!
Laura Bell Bundy is AMAZING!!!!
May 8, 2010 11:21 AM

Jul 2009
Nice episode! Nice kiss :*

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
May 8, 2010 11:43 AM

Nov 2009
Well all i can say is that the scene is not winning any points off me. The fact that we got a kiss and a confession balance that out. Yet, for a romance the confession scene is the most anticipated part of the show, what we die to see, and that was not up to par.
Overall an Okay episode.
May 8, 2010 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
omg o//////o
cutest episode SO FAR :333333333333333333333333
eckkkk X.x
it was adorable<3
the 5 boys did get annoying a lil bit O.o
but the kiss with misa and usui made up for it:DDD
and it just proves how much he likes her to save the picture, and to save her from her secret getting out :DD
May 8, 2010 12:08 PM

Jan 2010
MorningGlory said:
grklein said:
I still can't come to like Usui, I'm almost dropping this series because of him.
Without him I think the series might turn into Yuri or Shoujo Ai......but i guess there will always by a replacement.I guess Usui is too sexy for you

No, he's too much of a jerk for me, I can hardly believe he's the main male lead in a shoujo anime. Even the baka trio are better than him.
May 8, 2010 1:06 PM

Apr 2010
Usui is so smooth that it's somewhat annoying:P

5/5 Great episode!
May 8, 2010 1:10 PM

Jul 2009
grklein said:
MorningGlory said:
grklein said:
I still can't come to like Usui, I'm almost dropping this series because of him.
Without him I think the series might turn into Yuri or Shoujo Ai......but i guess there will always by a replacement.I guess Usui is too sexy for you

No, he's too much of a jerk for me, I can hardly believe he's the main male lead in a shoujo anime. Even the baka trio are better than him.

May i ask how hes a jerk?
May 8, 2010 5:28 PM

May 2008
Love this episode. Forgot they kiss in this episode -.-' Oh, well, I love Usui's expressions! It's so funny. Especially the part when Misa was trying to get the picture.

Usui: "Here's the proof!''
Misa: "Why are you taking that out so openly?!"
Usui: "It's my safety charm!"
Misa: "For what?!"
Usui: "Ehh...For romance--"
Misa: "What?! You--"

Best episode so far xD
pinkangel28May 8, 2010 5:33 PM
May 8, 2010 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
finally some development. i thought they would just keep going with the same repetetive episodes. good ep though. 10/10
May 8, 2010 6:05 PM

May 2008
LMAO Usui's bodyguard LOL ftw.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 8, 2010 6:24 PM

Mar 2009
Maximatum99 said:
So... the dude jumps off the roof, risking life for a photo that most likely won't cause prolonged embarrassment due to the boys understanding her predicament. BULLSHIT.
Well, that's a guy in love with a girl for ya. Oh, great episode especially the kiss, confession, and him jumping off the building. That fucking Alien Boy... known as Usui does it again! --- Randy
May 8, 2010 7:08 PM

Dec 2008
I liked the final scenes (e.g. Usui and Misa on the roof) but everything before that was...well...boring. The quintuplet dudes were annoying and didn't serve a whole lot of purpose except to give Misa
a) a fanclub and
b) a reason to question why she's hiding her other identity as a maid.

In other words, they're quite useless so far.

Jacut said:
Ok, I've officially dropped it since apparently, the annoying "I'm the hard-working student council head but I pay my bills by working at a maid café" concept and the even more annoying lead male character are not evolving at all.

While I'm hesitant to say that there's no evolution or development at all, I can see where you're coming from. There's been a bit of development in Misa in that she's beginning to relax, but there's nothing from Usui. In fact, we know nothing about him other than he likes Misa and he can jump off rooftops while suffering only relatively minor injuries. As a result, he's not so much of a character as a foil and romantic interest for Misa and eyecandy for the audience.
May 8, 2010 7:38 PM

Jan 2010
omgg, kiss *-*'
and next episode... girl with glasses! <3
May 8, 2010 8:04 PM

Jan 2010
Good episode. Since I accidently read spoilers, I knew the kiss was coming. Still, it was way cuter than I though it would be :D
May 8, 2010 9:03 PM

Jul 2008
good news is he hit a tree and the pool instead of the cement, and he got her first kiss too
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 8, 2010 9:15 PM
Feb 2009
Omg he kissed her just like that :P dame
May 8, 2010 10:33 PM

Nov 2007
SUZU-MOTHERFUCKING-KEN. that's all.

quietly flees.
May 9, 2010 12:10 AM

Apr 2008
The 5 bakas xD LOL ..

Usui jump down from so high o-o!!

May 9, 2010 7:59 AM

Jul 2009
This show is getting weirder and weirder. Now we have 5 guys with same face and I O.o at the jumping scene. This is kinda remind me of special A. well, it's not a bad thing and i pretty enjoy it.
May 9, 2010 8:45 AM

Jan 2010
IchigoXkisses said:
grklein said:
MorningGlory said:
grklein said:

Have you watched the series? Since the first episode he acts like a major jackass, basically bullying Misa (if he really loves her, he's acting like a kindergartner).
grkleinMay 9, 2010 1:58 PM
May 9, 2010 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
Aeterna said:
Jacut said:
Ok, I've officially dropped it since apparently, the annoying "I'm the hard-working student council head but I pay my bills by working at a maid café" concept and the even more annoying lead male character are not evolving at all.

While I'm hesitant to say that there's no evolution or development at all, I can see where you're coming from. There's been a bit of development in Misa in that she's beginning to relax, but there's nothing from Usui. In fact, we know nothing about him other than he likes Misa and he can jump off rooftops while suffering only relatively minor injuries. As a result, he's not so much of a character as a foil and romantic interest for Misa and eyecandy for the audience.

Seconded. Although I got a bit excited when Usui appeared to be dumbfounded by the Prez a few eps ago.. he appears to be relatively the same now.
Misa's character has the most spotlight, but I'm disappointed that she's the only one developing.

I'm inclined to give this show a lower rating or put it on hold, but I'll give it a another chance..
Although the preview doesn't seem too promising.
May 9, 2010 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
I promised myself i'd drop after this episode and I am.

Usui is a cocky asshole.

If the manga ever reveals why Usui is like, fucking superman, can someone let me know? I'd really like to know.

Preview for next episode makes Usui look like a rapist.(Which is not surprising, tbh.) And there is definitely more fanservice in this series for guys than for girls, each episode caters to a different fetish. :/ I really don't understand why there are so many fangirls, at all.
May 9, 2010 5:19 PM
Mar 2009
I liked the episode, but not as much as previous ones. It just didn't have plot development and like so many others, I'm finding the lack of Usui developing as a character kind of annoying.

May 9, 2010 8:16 PM

Jan 2008
uwa... good episode but i'm looking forward to the next one x3
May 9, 2010 9:52 PM
Apr 2010
An unexpected kiss lolz i love it! ^_^ i agree with everyone.. BEST EPISODE THUS FAR!
May 9, 2010 10:26 PM

May 2009
With the exception of the leaping off the roof bit, Usui continues to impress. Yeah, he probably has too much fun messing with her, but everything he does for her is pretty amazing. And I can't argue with the way he confessed to her. Nice!

I wanna set of those maid playing cards, but I don't have enough points yet. :p
May 10, 2010 12:25 AM

Jan 2010
I'm so glad they did a good job in this episode. :D
I was a very great chapter. ^^

Will most likely change this soon. || PNCH || PPFC || Anime Familia || EHC
May 10, 2010 2:43 AM
Jun 2008
grklein said:
Have you watched the series? Since the first episode he acts like a major jackass, basically bullying Misa (if he really loves her, he's acting like a kindergartner).
Misa is too prideful ,the only guy that willing to approach is Usui.I think Misa starting to like Usui ^^
May 10, 2010 4:24 AM

Oct 2008
kage-bunshin said:
good news is he hit a tree and the pool instead of the cement, and he got her first kiss too

Usai is as a Masochist hentai. This is pretty well known, and his attraction to Misa is Masochistic and perverse. How many times does she have to scream it out load for people to get the hint.

As for whether this series is a shoujo series, it definitely has shoujo elements, but you can't discount the etchi elements either that makes the series somewhat of a crossbreed between the two Genres. You can't discount the shounen-ai elements with the cross-dresser Aoi and Usai's knowingly seduction of the Aoi which also gave the impression that Usai could be bi. Basically this series is full of Otaku fanservice for both sexes. MAL has the series posted Comedy, Romance, School and Shoujo. I'd through Etchi in there too for masochistic and fetish elements.

As for this six episode I thought it was fun and was actually taken by surprise. The five clone Misa fan-club is quite annoying but did have some comic effect and Usai managed to save his masochistic Misa every time. I believe people are being a little impatient for the character development of Usai. His mysteriousness is what is (edit):attracting Misa too him. Divulging his flaws too early would just make Misa not like him. It appears that Usai is more than a little emotionally scarred. I obviously haven't read the manga yet so I can't be sure if they will eventually develop Usai's character further. If they don't I could see how many of the arguments about his character being too static being true. I think I'm gonna stick around to see what happens. So far the etchi/shoujo combination have kept me laughing. Both with and at the series so far.
Orion1May 10, 2010 3:21 PM
May 10, 2010 5:14 AM
Jun 2008
Orion1 said:
Usai is as a Masochist hentai. This is pretty well known, and his attraction to Misa is Masochistic and perverse.
I thought Usui is a Sadism and Misa kinda feel annoyed by that.Actually I don't see any masochism since Misa don't really like being tease also.I guess this makes a comedy between the two though ^^
( Actually even after the kiss,I don't really know whether Usui is truly love her or just making fun of her.Somehow the couple still lack of something because I felt Usui ain't serious about the kiss ..I guess further watching this series may further their development )
May 10, 2010 5:17 AM

Dec 2007
I didn't like this episode at all.Except
it was so full of clichè and the storyline was weak in my opinion :(
May 10, 2010 5:49 AM
Nov 2008
KISS! AFHADSHSUYDIOAUIGSTY!!.....^_^ HEHE...
May 10, 2010 8:30 AM

Jul 2009
Lol i thought i'm the only one who didn't like Usui, well what i can say it's shoujo, just like a whim male lead in shounen romance, shoujo has it's own charm "cool-flirter bishie", nothing wrong about that, unless there is an annoying male rival that wish to be punch, then i'll draw the line

I was taken by surprised with the kiss and confession, maybe i forgot it when reading the manga..but when Usui jumped..i loled, but tbh i found Tomoki's jumped from the 3rd or 4th floor in Sora no Otoshimono by far more stunning XD

Those trio playing games with Misa is by far the thing that made me laugh, better luck next time!

I'm looking forward for Suzuna actually i found her quite interesting compared to Misa, when will she became the spotlight?
May 10, 2010 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
Usui was awesome like always!
And the kissing scene was unexpected. :o

5/5

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 10, 2010 1:52 PM

Dec 2007
Maximatum99 said:
ReaperEXE said:
Maximatum99 said:
So... the dude jumps off the roof, risking life for a photo that most likely won't cause prolonged embarrassment due to the boys understanding her predicament. BULLSHIT.
He did it for himself.
Is that still an acceptable sane reason?
yes it is sane. when it comes to love, a person is willing to do anything, doesnt matter how stupid it is and this episode showed that well :D
May 10, 2010 3:30 PM

Oct 2008
MorningGlory said:
I thought Usui is a Sadism and Misa kinda feel annoyed by that.Actually I don't see any masochism since Misa don't really like being tease also.I guess this makes a comedy between the two though ^^
( Actually even after the kiss,I don't really know whether Usui is truly love her or just making fun of her.Somehow the couple still lack of something because I felt Usui ain't serious about the kiss ..I guess further watching this series may further their development

The definitions: Basically Usai seems to be both a Sadist and a Masochist. It seems he enjoys giving and receiving pain. You say Misa doesn't enjoy being teased by Usai but it is becoming clearer with every episode that Misa's Sadist personality is slowly also becoming masochistic. Usai's attraction was and still seems to still be Misa's Sadist personality. I'm thinking that Usai probably wouldn't have jumped off a four story building if he wasn't serious about the kiss, even if he had wanted to do for a long time.
May 10, 2010 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
grklein said:
IchigoXkisses said:
grklein said:
MorningGlory said:
grklein said:

I understand ^__^ i just have another opinion on it thats all, i kinda think its cute the way he does it. and yes it is very kindergartnerish i agree, but i like that haha:D
but i know what you meannn.
May 10, 2010 9:18 PM
Jul 2009
For those pointing out development issues I can't believe the show is still rated at 8.20/10. Should be <8 at best. Enjoyable but those brothers are super annoying.
May 10, 2010 9:41 PM
Jun 2008
Orion1 said:
I think I really made a big mistake...we can't judge they are sadism or Masochism just because they feel a bit happy when they receive pain and inflict pain on others.Usui( not Usai..) is just maid lover and Misa is just slightly hate male and both meet each other and the love comedy story start.Masochism and Sadism is a mental illness.I have seen your definition,I think it is not good to simply jump into conclusion saying they and sadism and Masochism.
( If you say this is Sadism or Masochism, then the word "flirt" or " pervert" or even "harassed" are not exist in the dictionary )
May 10, 2010 11:17 PM

Jan 2010
Lol I can see why some people dislike Usui and his lack of development, he's meant to be mysterious but the anime just makes him seem superhuman (and always at right place at right time).

Also, I don't like how the anime goes back and forth with the manga chapters. This basically removed all the drama and plot development from the early episodes, leaving just the comedy and overly used jokes. Hopefully the next eps move the plot forward.
May 11, 2010 4:51 AM

Oct 2008
MorningGlory said:
Masochism and Sadism is a mental illness.I have seen your definition,I think it is not good to simply jump into conclusion saying they and sadism and Masochism.
( If you say this is Sadism or Masochism, then the word "flirt" or " pervert" or even "harassed" are not exist in the dictionary )

I'm just gonna take it easy on you from here on out MorningGlory, because this statement really doesn't make any sense. S&M or Sadomasochism isn't a mental illness anymore than homosexuality is a mental illness. It's just different strokes for different folks. Some people gain pleasure from pain and I'm thinking that Misa and Usai have this type of relationship. It's not sexual yet, but the mental and physical torture they are enjoying putting each other through is definitely sadomasochistism at a virgin level. I'd expect if they were to fastfoward these two individuals lives they would eventually dabble in the sexual taboo's too. Now if you want to evaluate the mental illnesses that they could have that are leading to their current deviant behavior, then we would really have to sit both of them on a couch and analyze their pasts. Since the authors of this manga and show don't feel this is necessary then....Ok it's time to laugh at myself for even going this far. I'm sure this show is simply using this aspect as a tool for comedy and to appeal to more etchi fans.
May 11, 2010 5:14 AM
Jun 2008
@Orion1
Well I got the information from Wiki btw
If you say its not a mental ilness than Wiki must have written wrong or I understand wrongly.If that is so,then i apologies in advance.....

My point is just that the word like "Sadomasochism " is a bit too extreme for this series.
"Since the authors of this manga and show don't feel this is necessary then...."
Somehow the above statement just crumble the whole meaning that you trying to bring...but anyway I am quite anxious knowing how my statement going to answer for the past few hour LOL...thank for the chat.
(So far the most recent Anime that consist Sadomasochism Seikon no Qwaser that I am watching is Seikon no Qwaser.)
May 11, 2010 12:20 PM

Jan 2010
Looooooved this episode :D::D:D Maybe a kiss scene was to short,or something, but I liked it a lot :D:D
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
May 11, 2010 4:23 PM

Jul 2008
JCStaff is getting better at drawing Usui. It seems to me that he's been getting less chibi faces now.
May 11, 2010 7:59 PM

Nov 2009
This post might invoke some flaming, but I dropped this series in the middle of watching it.

It's not that this is a bad series, it's actually pretty good. But the way it's extremely shoujo (is that the correct spelling) makes the episodes seem to last so long. I just don't like it. I'm sorry.

=(
May 12, 2010 1:03 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
KISS!! I totally forgot that was going to happen lol.

>:3
p r o f i l e 👀
May 12, 2010 2:14 AM

Sep 2008
キターー(゜∀゜)--!
May 12, 2010 3:13 AM

May 2009
If Usui continues being an asshole i'm going to have to drop this anime, and i really don't want to drop it :( Oh god, why didn't he die in this episode....
May 12, 2010 4:42 AM

Oct 2008
The disciples kinda annoyed me after 5 minutes.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 12, 2010 9:44 AM

Oct 2007
Yokurama said:
Maximatum99 said:
ReaperEXE said:
Maximatum99 said:
He did it for himself.
Is that still an acceptable sane reason?
yes it is sane. when it comes to love, a person is willing to do anything, doesnt matter how stupid it is and this episode showed that well :D
What if he happened to kill himself after the jump?

Oh and Maximatum99 which boat are you on? Can you take me with you?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

389 by Yoshibocchi »»
Jun 12, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Apr 15, 2010

171 by kerby08 »»
Jun 3, 11:47 AM

» Anime or manga

Hickykissy - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.