Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 7, 2010 6:04 PM

May 2008
This series was good.
Apr 7, 2010 8:22 PM

Aug 2008
ringoo4 said:
I just watched the first 5 minutes of raw and...

SHAFT STOP WITH THAT FUCKIN EYE SCENE OMG

I'm really getting sick of this; and it's heart-breaking for someone like me who loves past SHAFT products. Hopefully, this will be the last experiment from Shinbou doing all those slow motion close ups since Bakemonogatari. I mean, they'e already fucked up Dance in the Vampire Bund with this.

My thoughts exactly. Just recycled ideas D:
Apr 7, 2010 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
This is one bizarre show. I love it! :D
Apr 7, 2010 9:01 PM

Oct 2009
HAhahahahahaha that was awsome!!!! Loved every second of it!! Definitely gunna watch this till the end!

_Shakugan_no_Shana_S_
Apr 7, 2010 11:15 PM
Feb 2009
omg this show is actually worth watching ;P
Apr 8, 2010 12:04 AM

Sep 2007
k finally got around to seeing this and I have to say it was better than I expected for the cliche "sudden girlfriend" trope. It was pretty funny, creative, and the main toon Ko is a bit different than your typical character in this type of anime. I look forward to watching more and cant wait for the next release.
Apr 8, 2010 1:13 AM

Feb 2008
I wonder why he didn't just invite her to his place, I doubt it would have been hard to convince her for 1 night, or even just long enough to get a change of clothes and some blankets.

loved when she stuck herself in the drawer to sleep, I knew she'd be doing something weird but wasn't expecting that ; )
Apr 8, 2010 5:29 AM
Mar 2010
spleen1013 said:
havsie said:
Another show that seems to be highly influenced by psychedelic drugs which is animated by Shaft. Who would've thought?

That's the reason why I love Shaft.

This.
Apr 8, 2010 7:07 AM

Jul 2008
Simply Brilliant (^O^)
Apr 8, 2010 7:30 AM

Mar 2009
That was random but really funny.

Apr 8, 2010 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
I'll keep watching just for the crazy characters. Interesting episode. Lots of random humor and things you don't expect.

lol at the end when she got in the drawer of the bed... wtf?
Apr 8, 2010 10:51 AM

Nov 2009
ringoo4 said:
I just watched the first 5 minutes of raw and...

SHAFT STOP WITH THAT FUCKIN EYE SCENE OMG

Agreed o.e That's a huge reason DitVB anime was not that amazing to me....among other things like not sticking to the manga plot...

According to other posts seems like this series is sticking to the manga so that's good news. Entertaining series so far, I'm enjoying it and I hope the rest of the series will be good C:
Apr 8, 2010 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
It was fuckin' EPIC!
Apr 8, 2010 2:14 PM

Aug 2008
Hopefully this show is more Natsu no Arashi than Maria Holic, because I'm not seeing a single reason for this show to be getting as much praise as it currently is. Every single joke fell flat, the flow was constantly interrupted by the chapter inserts, the logic of Kou is ridiculously off (did he ever offer her to live with him?) for a straight man, and the lackluster animation/design only hampers what should be so surreal about the show.

It's beyond me. But then again, so was the first episode of Arashi. Hopefully finds it's own heartbeat, aesthetic, and gets better.
Apr 8, 2010 3:07 PM

Oct 2009
looks great and wired in the same time
Nino first scene was great
Apr 8, 2010 3:53 PM

May 2009
Lmao, this was some good shit!
Apr 8, 2010 7:53 PM

Apr 2009
I don't know how to feel about this. SHAFT it's repeating what they have done in all his previous shows and at this piont it's just feels so flat. I really hope this gets better.

And as much as I adore Kamiya's voice, they should use other seiyuus. Even if the guy is talented, he can't do very much if they give him the same hysteric character that we have already heard like 3 times.

The music was good though. SuneoHair it's always a joy to hear.
Apr 8, 2010 10:44 PM

Jul 2009
kotee said:
I don't know how to feel about this. SHAFT it's repeating what they have done in all his previous shows and at this piont it's just feels so flat. I really hope this gets better.

And as much as I adore Kamiya's voice, they should use other seiyuus. Even if the guy is talented, he can't do very much if they give him the same hysteric character that we have already heard like 3 times.

There wasn't an op/ed in the first ep was there?
Apr 9, 2010 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
Lawl. Just lawl. Everything about Recruit and Nino and that fake kappa's just downright hilarious xD I'm loving the randomness and the weirdness. Got no problem with the animation whatsoever.
Apr 9, 2010 1:37 AM

Dec 2009
Apr 9, 2010 4:08 AM

Jan 2008
It starts off crazy, I must say, with the crazy part being the characters, of course, but at the same time - they're the actual highlight. The heroine Nino and the village chief - the kappa surely add to the weird and funnily psychedelic experience with the anime.

The fact that one episode consists of several mini-episodes, each around 3min long, makes the plot progress dynamically and the whole twisted feeling of the anime is once again emphasized.

Once again SHAFT employs Hiroshi Kamiya as the main character, to some his voice may be boring by now, but it's not for me. His performance once again is satisfying, so is Maaya Sakamoto's as Nino.

I hope the show doesn't derail from the direction it's heading to now and keeps up a relatively consistent style, because it's the word "crazy" that makes Arakawa so enjoyable and so it should stay. I also hope we can see some more of the Ichinomiya family and how they are reacting to Kou's new situation.

7/10
Apr 9, 2010 4:41 AM

Nov 2007
This seriously reminds me of Bakemonogatari. o.o

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 9, 2010 5:23 AM

Jan 2009
Vizard said:
I wonder why xD..
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 9, 2010 8:48 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Vizard said:
I wonder why xD..

Couldn't be cause it's the same animators and VA. That's just silly. :P
Apr 9, 2010 10:05 AM

May 2009
Crazy but pretty good for a first episode XD
Apr 9, 2010 1:27 PM

Oct 2009
typical SHAFT animation and I think that the more I watch it, the more I like it :D
Apr 9, 2010 3:10 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I liked the comedy, though I think the animation could have been a lot better.
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 9, 2010 6:05 PM

Aug 2009
Op, Ed shots from Zipper got stuck Kappa's blog

http://ameblo.jp/arakawa-ub/page-3.html#main
http://ameblo.jp/arakawa-ub/page-2.html#main

Op looks like typical SHAFT abstract acid trip, Pink haired nino and green haired riku. Ed is... Sunohair epicness is waiting.
Apr 9, 2010 7:31 PM

Oct 2008
This feels like Bakemonogatari, but with worse characters, joke sand situations.

Not sure whether to continue watching this or just watch the vastly superior Bakemonogatari again.

Nino doesn't even compete with Hanekawa much less Senjogahara.
MurbellaApr 9, 2010 7:41 PM
Apr 9, 2010 11:22 PM

Oct 2007
Murbella said:
This feels like Bakemonogatari, but with worse characters, joke sand situations.

Not sure whether to continue watching this or just watch the vastly superior Bakemonogatari again.

Nino doesn't even compete with Hanekawa much less Senjogahara.
Nah, I think the humor is base on the situation around the character instead of the character themselves which was Bakemonogatari did. I am not sure if I said this right since I am not good with it.

As for the episode, it was good enough for the first episode but too much SHAFT-nish.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 10, 2010 10:44 AM

Feb 2008
How the hell is this like Bakemonogatari? I thought it was awesome. Nino and the Kappa are both hilarious characters.

Looks like SHAFT are back on form although I agree that
Naruleach said:
I liked the comedy, though I think the animation could have been a lot better.
Apr 10, 2010 10:58 AM
Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

Anyway, this seems to have the potential of being somewhere at the top of this season. Then again, Spring 10 (not to mention Winter 10) seems like a pretty weak season : <

Am I the only one who actually thinks this is a great season so far?

I also think this is a great season.. yet, so far.. XD
angel beats! pretty good, too.. and k-on!! i don't really care if some people don't really like k-on for having no actual plot/sumthin-like-that.
Apr 10, 2010 11:03 AM

Feb 2008
This season's a bit better than last season but it's not great, in my opinion.
Apr 10, 2010 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
Kamiya Hiroshi is my favorite seiyuu. He does a good job fitting in with SHAFTS ridiculous shows; emphasizing the ridiculousness of the situation. He's making appearances in two other shows this season too. ^.^

It depends what range of shows one likes, but i think that this season is a lot better then last.
Apr 10, 2010 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
hmm seems interesting..i'll guess i'll keep watchin it to spend my time...at least it's a comedy..there isn't that many shows that are airing right now that i feel like watchin so i guess i'll stick with this one.^^

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Apr 10, 2010 5:47 PM

Mar 2008
oh my.. I just rewatched it with the KSN (kesenai) subs and it's like a totally new world opened for me! I'm raising it from 6.5 to 8 out of 10! Never knew a proper translation could affect a watching experience so drastically.. it's a pity they are quite slow.. but I guess enjoying the show's more important so it's definitely worth it.
Apr 10, 2010 7:41 PM

Dec 2007
well i watched this but im still not sure if i like it yet.. it was so like "WTF" the whole time lol
im gonna wait for the next episode to see if i really do like it.
Apr 10, 2010 9:39 PM

Oct 2009
Kou simply reminds me of Shinpachi from Gintama. They comment on everything, make everything humorous, and that by itself makes this anime win for me LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SakataKintoki&sclick=1]
Apr 10, 2010 11:15 PM

Oct 2009
soulelle said:
oh my.. I just rewatched it with the KSN (kesenai) subs and it's like a totally new world opened for me! I'm raising it from 6.5 to 8 out of 10! Never knew a proper translation could affect a watching experience so drastically.. it's a pity they are quite slow.. but I guess enjoying the show's more important so it's definitely worth it.
I will assume KSN are the best for this......anyone else had great experience with other subbers for this?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 11, 2010 12:23 AM

Apr 2009
controlmajortom said:
kotee said:

There wasn't an op/ed in the first ep was there?

No, there wasn't. I have heard the song on an ad and then I thought I've heard it on the episode. My bad.
Apr 11, 2010 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
Read a bit of the manga and didn't like it much, though when I saw Kamiya Hiroshi voicing the main I just got dragged back in. Loved the 1st episode, SHAFT always make these awesome weird shows.

Hoping for some decent romantic development as the show goes on.
Apr 11, 2010 6:42 AM

Dec 2006
I wish SHAFT would have used another VA for the main character because the guy has only 1 voice (I keep hearing Zetsubo-shita every time he speaks), but nevertheless the show has great potential with it crazy characters.

Apr 11, 2010 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
loli_slayer said:
I wish SHAFT would have used another VA for the main character because the guy has only 1 voice (I keep hearing Zetsubo-shita every time he speaks), but nevertheless the show has great potential with it crazy characters.
Ditto that. It's not hard to tell Zetsubou-sensei's voice. I recognize it more often than I should, in other series too. That guy's voice still fits, but he could've at least changed it a little :/
Apr 11, 2010 12:16 PM

Jul 2009
It was funny and clever. But, when the jokes died off, I started to look at how much time is left, which usually isn't a good sign.

Well, i'll still give it a shot but, I am looking to drop some animes, since I picked up so many.

I wonder how the whole rich boy background will play into this under the bridge story. I hope they just don't toss out the fact he has billions of dollars in the bank.
Apr 11, 2010 3:58 PM

Nov 2008
The premise of this series attracked me to it, and I laughed through most of it.
1 episode in and I've already added Nino as one of my favorite characters... she's nuts.

I'm still waiting for the second episode to get translated, can't wait to see it.

So far it shows the promise of being one of the best "off the wall" animes I have seen since FLCL.
Apr 11, 2010 11:10 PM

Oct 2008
Haha, it's so random.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 12, 2010 9:34 AM
Feb 2010
I loved Bakemonogatari and honestly shaftz animation is pretty damn unique. Hopefully arakawa under the bridge will manage to be as good as bakemonogatari if not better. That depends on if there is a female character better than senjougahara
Apr 12, 2010 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
John21 said:
That depends on if there is a female character better than senjougahara
Though that's probably not possible : <
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 12, 2010 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
Damn, what a voice cast! Maaya Sakamoto, Hiroshi Kamiya, Tomokazu Sugita, Chiwa Saito, Keiji Fujiwara, Rie Tanaka, Fumihiko Tachiki and Rikiya Koyama all in the same show! I really enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to whats to come.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Apr 13, 2010 5:40 AM

Jul 2009
I'm loving this already :)
Expecting a lot from it..
あらあら。。。^^
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BitchMaster - Jun 27, 2010

179 by Archean-Return »»
May 14, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - Jun 20, 2010

113 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 6, 2010

89 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - May 30, 2010

122 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Boursk - May 23, 2010

148 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.