Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 30, 2010 9:11 PM

Jun 2009
The OST is out if anyone cares.

http://www.bakabt.com/151676-sora-no-woto-ost-collection-mp3-lone-320kbps.html

Edit: Holy shit, it is pretty decent.
-DerpMar 30, 2010 9:16 PM
Mar 31, 2010 6:18 AM

Jan 2009
I think the last two episodes were done in a hurry.
Apr 2, 2010 1:42 PM

Mar 2008
Damn, as if everything would be so easy in real life... Such utopia... Well, at least, that warmed the heart a bit. But the ending was so expected (since Rio's departure in episode 10, to be correct)
In the end, they made a beautiful anime, with awesome music, but with an unexploited background story and theme... 8/10 anyway.
Apr 2, 2010 7:34 PM

Jul 2008
Everytime I watch this show I always feel like I'm actually there... *sigh*
Apr 4, 2010 10:09 AM

Jan 2008
descent87 said:
Enjoyed the series but was let down mostly not by what was show but by all that it was not.

I will say this, hands down this world, setting, premise, call it what you want is perhaps one of the best I have seen in any anime, movie, science-fiction novel, ect. The series set an amazing tone for itself and created dozens of mysteries and myths to be explored and explained.

In the end a great idea somewhat fell victim to a limitation of 12 episodes and perhaps a lack of boldness to explore the thematic elements presented to us a bit more, it is almost sad that things seem to be simply returning to a status quo. If they aren't going to give us a continuation at the very least it would be nice to see some progression, i.e. a re inspired Noel working to better the world by rediscovering beneficial technologies, Kanata setting off to heal the world through music (lololol), w/e w/e but I think you get my drift.

Regardless a highly recommended series from me. It was a different kind of music focus and a different depiction of military life, one that was actually very authentic in many ways but with a huge dose of fluffy topping of course, haha. It was willing to deal with some serious issues including chemical warfare, post-apocalyptic nihilism, and a daunting sense of loss (both personal and to humankind) without it ever feeling too out of place in a rather cutesy show and it gets major major props for that.

To wrap this up I guess I am also not as bothered by the retelling of the angel story at the end. Its quite likely that the Roman iteration is just a flawed and mystical as the Helvetian one. The way it was presented to us simply gives us a bit more to think about, continuing on the same theme as the POW: misunderstandings (theological and cultural) can lead to conflict. Until Noel starts accessing some very old video archives somewhere I doubt we'll know what truly happened.

Vector tank was also awesome :)

i totally agree with this. tl;dr the character and story backgrounds were rape, but the show failed to deliver on it. great show despite that though.
Apr 6, 2010 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
Maximatum99 said:

I second this reaction.
Fuck it, i bawd. It's maybe second time any show left me with that impression, so i forgive for too much moeblob (for me) and flaws, and give 9 for entertainment i had with facts&speculah from SnW wiki charts by anons. And for those baw moments in final.

Oh, hell, also sora no woto had actually best backgrounds ever. Seriously, i think i never saw them so detailed, almost like painted, and those colors.. maaan.
Apr 8, 2010 10:17 AM
Jan 2009
descent87 said:
Enjoyed the series but was let down mostly not by what was show but by all that it was not.

I will say this, hands down this world, setting, premise, call it what you want is perhaps one of the best I have seen in any anime, movie, science-fiction novel, ect. The series set an amazing tone for itself and created dozens of mysteries and myths to be explored and explained.

In the end a great idea somewhat fell victim to a limitation of 12 episodes and perhaps a lack of boldness to explore the thematic elements presented to us a bit more, it is almost sad that things seem to be simply returning to a status quo.

I completely agree, saves me some time of writing my own stuff out

though i will say i am very saddened how it looks like none of that post-apocalyptic stuff and why it happened, what happened, and what the world is like in their timeline will be delved into, that means we're just going to be left guessing as to what really happened
Apr 8, 2010 7:27 PM

Aug 2009
I really don't get this series. 6/10
-Fixing-
Apr 9, 2010 9:03 AM

Jun 2009
I dont care what any one of you say; I enjoyed this series and the final episode was lovely.
8/10

In all honesty though, what's not to get?
RibeyrollesApr 9, 2010 9:10 AM
Apr 9, 2010 1:41 PM

Feb 2009
Nice ending. 10/10 ^^

Apr 10, 2010 1:10 AM
Apr 10, 2010 8:00 AM

Jan 2009
The ending development in the final 2 episode erally change my views to this anime.

I only rate this anime as boring for the first 10 episode. Just 5 girls in a fortress as army, dealing with their daily lives in the small city were too boring for me. I almot drop this anime but thank goodness i'm not. The final 2 episode were great. The drama building, great final character development, especially on Filicia, she went all way makes me love her !

Anyways, the ending really change my prespectives, i'll give this series 8/10 ( I was almost rate this anime 6)
Apr 10, 2010 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't expect anything more from Sora No Woto.
Really, if it began as a happy kind of story, it's bond to end this way. Sure, everyone was hoping for something EPIC to happen, but this is completely what I had expected.
All in all, I'm content with this ending. The series overall was decent.

And plus, the Rio in a dress but speaking in an authoritative manry voice was just too awesome. xD
Bleed for me.

Apr 13, 2010 11:07 AM

Feb 2009
It was building up SO well and even though it was an epic moment, I couldn't help but feel that that was an overly cheesy ending. :l

Even so, loved the show and loved the soundtrack. Gib S2.
Apr 15, 2010 12:55 AM

Nov 2006
Well as long as the Roman Emperor guy doesn't mind Rio having lesbian affairs I think everything turned out alright.
Apr 17, 2010 6:15 AM

Sep 2008
i really dont know...its good as a heartwarming comedy, i was smiling and laughing quite a lot throughout the series but this ending seems off and too rushed

and lol Rio...
Apr 17, 2010 3:47 PM

May 2009
Really good final episode. I enjoyed this anime; the characters were quite nice.
Rio saves the day and then she returns to the girls in the military... :3
Apr 21, 2010 3:08 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the ending to it, if only the series had been this way from the beginning, it would have earned a higher score from me. Even still, it brought things to a nice close. And it was nice to see Rio as the official Princess!

8/10 from me.
Apr 25, 2010 5:16 PM

Jan 2009
Series was definitely a lot better than I thought it was going to be when I started it. Really enjoyed it.
May 28, 2010 9:39 AM

May 2008
This episode was good. The entire series should have been this way.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jul 4, 2010 1:14 AM

Jun 2009
satisfied with the ending 8/10
Stupid 3rd World Country

Jul 25, 2010 12:17 AM

Mar 2009
It was an alright last episode. Overall the series could've been so much better but I enjoyed it anyhow.
Jul 26, 2010 3:17 PM

Feb 2010
Unrealistic but nice Ending, overall: 9/10
Aug 19, 2010 2:36 PM
Apr 2009
7/10 for the gorgeous art.

I found the slice of life a bit too dull and the drama a bit too forced, and it never really found the right balance, in my opinion. It's sad because I thought the original plot concept was very intriguing; if they had sought to make it more dramatic from the start, with one or two slice of life episodes interspersed, to retain the mood, it would have worked better. I don't necessarily agree with all the people who decry the predictable ending, since it never really set us up for a curveball in the first place. The trumpeting was heavily foreshadowed to be important from the start, so obviously it would come to fruition at the end. Rio showing up, also predictable, but if she hadn't, and the fighting had just stopped, I would have gone f**king mad and thrown something at the wall because of the inanity of it all. The ending worked well enough.

While I still see potential in the concept (perhaps as a film remake), it's clear to me that the execs behind this just couldn't decide which direction they wanted it to go and it ended up a bit of a mess. Regardless, the art was so incredibly detailed, and vividly coloured, that I could appreciate it enough for what it was to give a 7.
Aug 21, 2010 1:01 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
8/10

Wasn't the best ending, but it wasn't the worst ending.

I thought more that the ending would be more like that Kanata and Kuraha was in same situation as Filica were in when she almost died.
And that Rio would come down and save her as the ''Princess''

But that was just my thought :)

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Oct 1, 2010 10:15 AM
Aug 2010
I liked thought the hole series can be reduced into 6 episodes, the others 6 are just filling.
Nov 11, 2010 12:42 AM

Nov 2009
Dec 3, 2010 12:19 PM

Jun 2009
Nice episode to put an end to the story. Could’ve been much better, though.

There were a lot of things that were left unexplained, like what was that Noël exactly did, or what’s the meaning (if there is any) of the legend of the fire maidens and the skeleton at the bottom of the river. If it had more episodes, the background of the world we were shown initially could’ve been properly developed and not just a simple motif, as it was left.

As a whole, the pace was excruciatingly slow at first, with little to no hints to the plot and rushed in the end. The fact Kanata was going to play Amazing Grace and Rio was going to come to stop the war was pretty predictable and cliché too.

However it managed to touch me, and even if I wished there was more action concerning the war scenes, it was good enough.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 15, 2010 1:09 AM

Aug 2010
ukonkivi said:
This episode was good. The entire series should have been this way.

This.

I liked the ending even though I felt that a few things were not explained correctly. Overall, I enjoyed the series, especially the last 4 episodes which were the ones with actual plot in them. I want moar. 8/10
Dec 23, 2010 7:24 PM

Jan 2008
Great last episode. Probably my favourite from the series. Really moved me.
Besides this episode though, this series was just okay. I found it boring a lot of the time. 7/10
Feb 9, 2011 10:42 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome! This ep has moved my heart, I almost cried. I didn't expect war scenes or bloody action from this series therefore I very enjoyed it :3 And there was some really OMG moments! Sweet art and nice drama. I like the end and whole series ^^

9/10
Mar 13, 2011 12:16 PM

Jun 2010
I wished Aisha got to see the angel's skeleton. I wanted to see her reaction to it as well as the others, if they didn't know about it. I love this series and I hope they continue it.

Apr 7, 2011 6:45 PM

Aug 2008
First,
What in your guys opinion was Rio's Wish?

Second,
Shame on this show for making me cry over spilled milk, then cleaning it up right away. Nothing was lost or gained in the end.

8/10
Positives for the episode: The re-use of the "Sergeants" to give you a simple mindset of the soldiers on the field during the Amazing Grace ceasefire. Noel going fetal/Manic followed by Kureha really showed a range of true human emotions in the face of war- hell they're supposed to be young girls.
Apr 19, 2011 7:59 AM
Oct 2009
From a slice of life beginning to a dramatic ending, now that's an entertaining series.

The only thing that bothered me was the main cast, some of them have a close resemblance of those in K-ON! And those similarities were kinda distracting.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Jun 21, 2011 4:37 AM
Sep 2010
The last 3 or 4 episodes were really great; unfortunate that some of the earlier episodes weren't nearly as interesting. Overall this series was still better than I expected. 8/10
Aug 12, 2011 5:37 AM

Aug 2010
Throughly enjoyed every aspect of the series, has to be one of my favorites. Sure, there were clichéd parts, but not enough to make me rate this down. Takes the full 10/10 from me.
Jan 15, 2012 11:54 AM
Jul 2009
Nice series! I enjoyed both the slice of life episodes and the dramatic ones. However, I think it was a bit rushed at the end, and they could have done more with the setting and the story. I hope they do a season 2, or a movie, or something based in the same universe, to explore the world further.
Jan 22, 2012 2:31 PM

Aug 2011
anybody noe what the song is called when the Takemikazuchi starts? like the song with the male vocals but not in japanese, please does nyabody noe?
Feb 6, 2012 1:33 AM

Apr 2009
It is interesting the Roman version was actually more understanding than the Helvetian version. I had the image of them as oppressors the whole time. It just makes the message behind this much, much stronger, the demon and the angel are the same.

Having three parallel interpretations of the fire maiden legend from different tims would have been fine, but it also made showing the space monster skeleton just an unnecessary distraction. What would the space monster/demon war interpretation's original story be, anyway? Extreme animal rights activists sheltering and taking care of a monster?

And there are some things that are only partially fitting metaphors of what we've seen or heard so I guess those are just coincidences and the legend is not based on the events.
VictimOfFateFeb 6, 2012 2:01 AM
Feb 14, 2012 7:17 PM

Aug 2011
I found it! its a more dramatic version of Servante du feu i think, probably becuz of the sound effect and the moment it was played, when the tank was alive withits crew.
Mar 20, 2012 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
Finally finished watching this :P
Battle and stuff was pretty cool and fun to watch, I really liked the retelling of the legend. It was very well done :3
Now onto the silly stuff ... how did I know she would play Amazing Grace? I dunno but I just knew. Something else I don't know - how you stop a war by playing that. Seriously. As nice as it was that's just unbelievable. As is Rio coming back - seriously, that ending was too happy IMO ;S
I admit I don't think I can rate this properly since I don't remember much of anything from the first few episodes, but let's see - the characters were OK (well ... kind of D:), I did like the animation and the music was great, obviously, but yea, I just don't remember the plot much at all and to be honest, it was boring to watch sometimes. As in I kept checking how much time went by and stuff. So, I'd give this a 6.5, but I'm gonna have to round down this time. 6/10
May 26, 2012 2:07 PM

Jul 2011
I seriously teared up when she started playing Amazing Grace. I'm sure it could have ended better, but even if it was a "quick solution" kind of ending, I loved that Rio stopped them from fighting. (How'd the Roman soldiers understand her? o_o)

The Roman emperor sounds like a good guy. XD

I was going to give this show a 6/10, but that Amazing Grace scene makes it a 7/10 for me. :)
Sep 5, 2012 1:26 AM

Sep 2011
Wow! Amazing last episode in my opinion!
Sep 27, 2012 1:36 PM
Sep 2011
I really wanted to like the last episode but I can't for the life of me work out why Filicia takes Hopkins hostage. I know she wants to prevent the war from starting, but surely when she hears that the a large enemy army has appeared just miles from their borders, she has to realise that maybe the Romans are going to attack no matter whether Helvetia provokes them or not. In the end it turns out she was right but there was no way she could have known that at the time. Is she so anti-war that she would rather just let the Romans invade than fight back?
Oct 2, 2012 8:09 PM

Nov 2011
They ended it pretty well. It would be hilarious if someone just shot out of no where, but this is probably the ideal ending lol.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 16, 2012 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
Maximatum99 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

O.M.G!

This episode was just epic. The drama! The conflict! The rebellion of their own forces to save their nation!

In all seriousness, this felt "overplayed" in the music department without evoking a real meaning in drama for me. Didn't feel like much of a struggle throughout the series for this last episode to have critically worked out.

Sure, the story fits about Rio and other things but what about the "Angel"? How convenient it symbolizes their group's effort and story to save many lives. I guess that golden skeleton was just for show.

Poorly done symbolic concepts, almost wasteful character development, half-assed story. Series-7/10.

This describes my thoughts about this series perfectly.
Oct 21, 2012 8:18 PM

Aug 2012
Thanks to Kanata's trumpet, my soul is on fire! I truly enjoyed it. A very heart-warming and smile-inducing, nice and light show. The premise of the show is original, I adore the characters, the music is great, the mood is sweet (but there are also contrasting atmospheres with depth), and Kanata's hairstyle is awesome.

A memorable watch.
Dec 28, 2012 12:53 PM

Jun 2009
Definitely could be better.

The messages are there, though it's not delivered well most of the time. It's still a meaningful watch, several parts can be pretty thought provoking.

6/10.

I really do want to give it 7 or 8 because of the messages it carried, but the execution is simply not there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2012 5:33 PM

Feb 2010
For some reason I really like this anime but it feels like there should be more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
Epic ending. The whole episode was amazing. The best started when they powered up the Takemikazuchi. The wonderful song from the first ep, the legend of the town fitting the girls and the events. The awesomeness of the Takemikazuchi. And of course the scene with Amazing Grace and finally achieving peace.
It might have been a little cheesy, but I think it fit the theme of the anime perfectly.

But, unfortunately not the whole anime was this great.
My main problem was how light the 3/4 of the anime was. It was a bit more than it should have been. The reason is that the 'sudden' change to the more serious theme was a bit rushed because of this. I mean the comedic parts (like the pee thing) were funny and all, but should have been toned down. Less SoL and more Military.
Another problem was the 'moe'. They really should have used some other character design, especially since it really resembles K-On! which is a supposed 'moe' anime. This is the reason a lot of people avoid the anime.
Finally, they really should have told us more about what happened in the past, before the apocalypse. And the golden bird bones, what's that supposed to be? Some kind of animal?
The characters were a little stereotypical at first, but I'm really glad they've all gone through development and changed for the better. I mean Noel's breakdown, Rio finally accepting her role, having to replace her respected and missed sister (Iliya) and the of course the others as well, but I don't think I have to go into much detail. My personal favorites were Kanata and Kureha, they were both really great in my oppinion. Kanata learning to play the trumpet so beautifully (especially with her perfect pitch) was great to see. I liked all the minor characters as well, especially Mishio and Yumina.
The setting was great, I liked the feel of the whole town, the 'period' they were in (I know if supposed to be in the future, but you get what I mean), The Holy Roman Empire and Helvetia, the mysterious 'old' technology and just pretty much everything about it.
Story, well the story was also great. And by story I mean the last 3-4 episodes, because the other parts didn't really have much of a story of course. I liked how they (even though it started as a light-hearted anime) brought up things like chemical weapons and the situation and fate of those who lost their family in the war.
The music. Do I really have to say anything? It was amazing of course. The trumpet/bugle songs were great and really fit showing that they can be much more then simple signaling assets. It's ability to convey emotions which truly resounded in not just the soldiers, but in me as well :D
One of the songs I'm surely gonna listen to is the one played during the the telling of the legend here and in ep1, and maybe the opening as well.

At first I wanted to give this anime a 7, but after I watched the last episodes and this great ending I'm gonna give it an 8/10. They could have done some things differently, but it was beautiful and a big surprise nevertheless.
I hope they will make a second season. I might also rewatch it in the future :)
RazielZeroJan 31, 2013 3:19 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.