Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 9:01 AM
Aug 2023
This is episode was fire
Oct 9, 9:03 AM
May 2017
emilia fought way better than expected. When i saw she had the upperhand when it came to combat, i fully expected wrath to use a hostage. Now what wasn't expected was another sin, greed, coming to save her in the nick of time. That may actually complicate things because now Subaru won't die and he won't be able to return to the previous point. If Garfiel wasn't mia, he and Em could have double teamed her.

4.5/5
Oct 9, 9:08 AM
Jan 2023
FUCKING PEAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
slayer70Oct 9, 9:15 AM
Oct 9, 9:08 AM
Apr 2022
Absolute Cinema.
Oct 9, 9:09 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Coldpain
This is why Re:zero is the king of isekai man, such a masterpiece
@Coldpain Yeah , idk how people can say Jobless Incarnation is king of isekai XD
It's not bad by any means but it seems to get way overpraised because of S1's production, but story-wise it's a mix-bag. (and protag too)
Rezero story is way more exciting overall.

PS: I read full Jobless Incarnation light novel til end already, so no need to argue with me about light novel having better story/pacing and such. I don't agree with it too.
Oct 9, 9:10 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to RitzueX
What the fuck with the 1 ratings in this ep????
@RitzueX Typical Rezero haters doing their stuff. Don't worry too much about it.
Oct 9, 9:15 AM

Jun 2014
OP and ED, WITH visuals, in the same episode, a rarity for this series lol.

This show really doesn’t shy away from the brutality, I mean barely several minutes into the episode and Subaru died again in such a terrible way. The trauma he goes through is actually insane.

Finally he enlists the help of Beatrice and a persistent Emilia, and the fight between the latter and Sirius was pretty good. Unfortunately things have just gone from bad to worse with Regulus showing up to take Emilia away. We’re only 2 episodes in and this was already a “felt like 5 minutes” type of episode, the rest of this season is going to be crazy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 9, 9:19 AM
Apr 2023
Oh yeah. I thought they would censor a lot of stuff. But they really cooked with the gore and choreography, can't wait for the next eps (I recommend reading the novel). Reinhard being op as usual. Emilia little screams fighting is so funny and cute at the same time 🤣 Boy Subaru dying twice in an EP is insane. Ed and op is so 🥶🥶. also is that a non-cgi dragon...? 😳

Peak is back.
Oct 9, 9:20 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was a proper banger!

It didn't hold back with how gruesome the deaths were, either. I felt bad for Reinhard, as although it looked like he was easily winning his fight against Wrath, he didn't realise he walked into her trap before it was too late, killing her as well as everyone else effected by her spell, which was very brutal. Same goes for how Subaru died earlier after being hanged by Wrath's chains.

It didn't help that his Return By Death only took him back to shortly before Wrath appeared, so he had very little time to think up of a plan and stick to it. He did make a bit of a breakthrough after getting Emilia and Beatrice's help, with Emilia proving how good her combat skills are in her fight against Wrath, but unfortunately for her, Wrath had Tina as a hostage, which turned the fight completely around. Not only that, Greed then showed up to take Emilia into his arms, proclaiming that he plans to have her as his 79th wife. Scumbag already needs a fist to his face!

The visuals and action animation were very good in all of the fights, so that makes me happy. The OP and ED are great, as were the animation for them. It does hype me up for more of this arc and how much more savage it could potentially be for Subaru to try and overcome.
Oct 9, 9:22 AM
Mar 2019
reinhard can do it
I love K-On, and so should you.

Oct 9, 9:23 AM

Mar 2020
The battle against Sirius rages on, and it looks insurmountable...

The voice acting so far by Subaru and Sirius' VAs have been nothing short of spectacular, really nailing the brutal nature of what has been going on so far. A lot of failures in this episode, but of course through the loops, much can be learned. However, the time that Subaru has before Sirius shows up in each loop is very short in this arc so far, so there really was not much time to prepare for battle. Good that Subaru brought Beatrice along with him, and Emilia showed up when she needed to as well. Overall, a very unsettling episode once again, and this battle is going to be even more difficult with the likes of Regulus showing up now too.

The pairing of Konomi Suzuki and MYTH & ROID for the opening and ending is back, and perhaps better than ever as well. Can't wait to see more.
Oct 9, 9:25 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to thebrentinator24
OP and ED, WITH visuals, in the same episode, a rarity for this series lol.

This show really doesn’t shy away from the brutality, I mean barely several minutes into the episode and Subaru died again in such a terrible way. The trauma he goes through is actually insane.

Finally he enlists the help of Beatrice and a persistent Emilia, and the fight between the latter and Sirius was pretty good. Unfortunately things have just gone from bad to worse with Regulus showing up to take Emilia away. We’re only 2 episodes in and this was already a “felt like 5 minutes” type of episode, the rest of this season is going to be crazy.
@thebrentinator24 True, man. Kadokawa gave them a lot of time, so I'm not surprised they already have Ed and OP visuals (unlike the second season which was COVID time and I think they had little time to peak everything xd). They are really cooking, I'm about to become a gluttony archbishop myself.

I already watched this episode 3 times hahaha, I'm so excited for the next eps. Glad they didn't censor stuff to be family friendly
Oct 9, 9:25 AM
Jan 2024
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE'RE SOOO FUCKING BACK LETS FUCKING GOOOOO

after reading this a couple years ago i've been so hyped for this season, and damn it was worth it. Seeing her icebrand arts in action was so fuckin cool and getting to see reinhard actually fight is so dope.

Also sirius def is batshit insane just like the rest of the cult, so awesome to hear her character voiced, well done.
Oct 9, 9:26 AM
Oct 2024
It's been 5 minutes since the episode ended and yet I'm still shaking
Oct 9, 9:30 AM

Dec 2019
Really enjoyed the homewreck!!!
Oct 9, 9:33 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Teruki_Inoue
I never thought I’d live to see the day when a Re: ZERO episode is just 23 minutes and 40 seconds long. LN readers, did they cut any substantial stuff from the LN? Cuz I feel weird about a Re: ZERO episode being this small without cut content
@Teruki_Inoue Not that much. They cut the part where Subaru manage to throw Sirius out of the window, in the anime he just enter the room and talk to lusbel and she appear after.

They changed some scenes when Subaru asks Reinhard for help, Sirius was cut in the half. And some dialogue here and there. It was short because it was basically fighting.
Oct 9, 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
What an outstanding episode. The music was perfectly unsettling and disturbing. Masterpiece
Oct 9, 9:34 AM
Apr 2023
If you guys want to read the novel, start on chapter 25 of arc 5.
Oct 9, 9:36 AM

Dec 2023
We are about to go through 3 straight episodes of Subaru dying in the worst ways possible are we?

The ending visuals are impressive.
Oct 9, 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to And4rilho
If you guys want to read the novel, start on chapter 25 of arc 5.
@And4rilho Honestly, just hold it until the season ended lolz
Such a waste if you have the opportunity to not spoiled the plot .
Oct 9, 9:40 AM
Sep 2023
PEAK 🤌🏻🤌🏻
Oct 9, 9:41 AM
Jan 2024
This episode was too fast because of the opening of the first episode, the next episode will be a little calmer

Actually, I was stuck right there in the novels. It felt strange to witness everything so quickly because it was a fluent and long read.
WELCOME TO MY PROFİLE!

Oct 9, 9:43 AM
Mar 2024
nice op and ending... awesome
but DAAAMNNN man....
subaru will got NTR.... doujin r18 comming soon... xD
Oct 9, 9:46 AM

Jan 2023
Sirius visuals went crazy. Emilia also popped off
EMT added to Regulus Harem lmao
Oct 9, 9:48 AM
Oct 2024
The episode overall is good but is it just me but do you guys feel like the pacing is a bit too fast?
Oct 9, 9:49 AM
May 2020
sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Oct 9, 9:50 AM

Feb 2014
Jesus, that was fantastic, waiting 1 week for every episode is gonna be a challenge of endurance.

The second death, indirectly caused by Reinhardt, was the highlight of the episode for me.
Oct 9, 9:51 AM
Feb 2023
Idk how to describe this episode. No negatives so far from my side which is rare to see. Only thing maybe is pacing but even then not that big of a problem. This season of anime have just been amazing in all fronts.

However I will say this without a doubt if this keeps with same pace and consistency, it will be AOTY and Anime of the season. That’s huge to say when the anime is literally facing one of the big 3 and a new gen shounen.

Great character development from Emilia. Some hints of Sirius’ character. Reinhardt actually in a pickle. Subaru going through trauma but still fighting through it, no time for grieving. I am beyond hyped. And ofcourse Regulus introducing himself to Subaru, and reintroducing himself for us. Quite ironic how he ruined Emilia’s life only to come back and want to marry her.
Oct 9, 9:54 AM
Oct 2024
BlichoBoy said:
I forgot that I shouldn't eat while watching Re:zero.

Emilia did what everyone want to do in a RPG. Just sneak attack the boss that have monologue.

Now that Emilia had her share of badass action, now I guess she will disappear until the last few episodes of this season.

for real bro I was eating while watching the vomit 🤢,my sister got an urge but she controlled it,we watched the ep then after a while we started eating again.
Oct 9, 9:54 AM
Feb 2023
Rizzehh13 said:
The episode overall is good but is it just me but do you guys feel like the pacing is a bit too fast?

This arc is shounen like, so it will be fast paced compared to previous arcs. First episode was just like a prelude.
Oct 9, 9:55 AM
Oct 2024
MajoTenshi said:
Ahh what a good episode. There were a few cuts but overall, great adaptation into an anime format

was something major missing,I am starting LNs as well from the side ,I was reading volume 1 today,can you note some things which were missing 😞
Oct 9, 9:58 AM
Dec 2022
all i can say is PEAK OMGG, 10/10
Oct 9, 10:04 AM
Oct 2024
Reply to Confused_100
Rizzehh13 said:

This arc is shounen like, so it will be fast paced compared to previous arcs. First episode was just like a prelude.
@Confused_100 oh yeah i know that this arc is all action (i read the webnovel and caught up to arc 9) but i just feel like they skipped a lot of content from the novel which made the pacing feels a bit weird for me.
Oct 9, 10:06 AM

Mar 2023
Well... Shit. Corneas is here
Oct 9, 10:12 AM
Mar 2023
simply peak fiction
Oct 9, 10:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Excellent OP as always. This arc sure would be packed with action. Man that first death was brutal. The fight between Reinhard and Sirius was awesome. But man that consequence was grim. Still as abilities go shared experiences sure is scary. Wrath's unleashed form was just as scary. Emilia's skill at CC really has improved quite a bit. Damm Wrath for using hostages to regain her edge though. Greed made one hell of an entrance. And with this spark the struggle for the water city has begun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 10:14 AM
Dec 2020
Banger episode again!
Oct 9, 10:15 AM
Aug 2024
insane amazing episode cant wait for next week !@@@!!!!
Oct 9, 10:15 AM
Aug 2024
Freaky ahhh villains
Oct 9, 10:16 AM
Aug 2020
another great ep

i love this kind of vibe
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 9, 10:21 AM

Oct 2012
Meh... it wasn't bad episode but outside of all action, nothing much happened.

Yes, they are working.. effectively now but with the pace way too fast, somehow it all felt like routine instead.
And we have already seen those things countless times before in this series.

Hope the next episodes actually shuffle whole formula a bit, otherwise it may get stale pretty soon.

Still, I have no doubt most of the people will actually sing praise on this episode.
Oct 9, 10:23 AM
Aug 2018
Very nice. Emilia's unique fighting style with summoned ice weapons is probably The thing I wanted to see animated in this arc, and it does not disappoint.
You could give it even more time by cutting out half of Subaru's lines where he just calls one or the other character by name looking all emotional xD

Sirius lamenting her late husband would have been pretty sad if she hadn't already established herself as a homicidal maniac.
Oct 9, 10:27 AM
Mar 2024
Bro these bots or whoever the hell these people are giving the episode 1 star
Oct 9, 10:28 AM
i like re zero

Oct 2021
Reply to mawawile
@literallyeurope you talking about the ending visuals? they were AMAZING
@mawawile yes I was, Nox Lux is such a good song fr
Oct 9, 10:31 AM

May 2015
79th wife? Dude got some stamina ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 9, 10:32 AM
Jul 2020
Damn Subaru already died thrice this loop, can tell this is gonna be a fun one lmao
Oct 9, 10:40 AM
Jul 2015
Reply to Mich666

Yes, they are working.. effectively now but with the pace way too fast, somehow it all felt like routine instead.

Hope the next episodes actually shuffle whole formula a bit, otherwise it may get stale pretty soon.

Still, I have no doubt most of the people will actually sing praise on this episode.
@Mich666 Gosh you are insane dude. As I said before you should stop watching it jesus christ

Oct 9, 10:45 AM
Jul 2023
Omg that second loop and death Oh man. Second best op(imo), best ed(imo).
Fan-fucking-tastic animation. What more can i say, let the suffering continue...
Oct 9, 10:48 AM

Jun 2017
Ok gotta address the elephant in the room, is Sirius actually Fortuna? Would make sense, ear shape through the bandages match, eye color match, hair matches, plus the fact she was with Betelgeuse in the flashbacks in S2 and they seemed to have a thing for each other.

What an awful fate wow.....

At least the save point for Subaru is like being stuck right before a boss. lol
Oct 9, 10:51 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to Mich666

@Mich666 Bro just watches to hate

Aside from the action nothing happened when the action was the majority of the episode lmao. And duh Subaru dies and loses progress, how have you made it this far and don't realize that. The entirety of s2 is spent in the sanctuary with most real progress not being made till the end of the second half. That's literally the nature of the show. And this was very far removed from what RZ is like usually, this entire season is going to be spent making progress which this ep already showcased (and they had to establish Sirius further)
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 6

506 by cologne_chan »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 16

150 by M1kasaYu1 »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Re:Zero Ending?

Orange4Rock - Oct 14

21 by strawberaetae »»
2 hours ago

» any season 3 critics so far?

PLEIADES_ - Yesterday

23 by no_comparisonBM »»
2 hours ago

» The "waifu" mistranslation is awful wrong

past_feelings - Oct 16

18 by Phantomnocomics »»
4 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.