Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 11:19 AM

Aug 2021
Yes anime is becoming too mainstream day by day specially in my country. I don't like this trend TBH.
Sep 18, 11:33 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to Feitan_exe
@Ciuvaz Apparently it's a good thing, Cause even in my country PPL used to call it childish and stuff, I think it was good that way but now it's completely ruined by some weirdos here. My feed is filled with weird anime shitposts
@Feitan_exe not sure what made your country people change their minds, but whatever it was, it's not gonna happen here. At least, I can't imagine it happening.

Feitan_exe said:
My friend used to make fun of anime and stuff before and now the same dude is watching anime

LOL! What a coincidence. I had a friend like that too. The only difference is, that that "friend" of mine, never changed his mind and still thinks that it's all childish, and that I am a kid too, for watching it. In quotations cuz we're no longer friends obv.
Sep 18, 12:01 PM
May 2023
Reply to Ciuvaz
@Feitan_exe not sure what made your country people change their minds, but whatever it was, it's not gonna happen here. At least, I can't imagine it happening.

Feitan_exe said:
My friend used to make fun of anime and stuff before and now the same dude is watching anime

LOL! What a coincidence. I had a friend like that too. The only difference is, that that "friend" of mine, never changed his mind and still thinks that it's all childish, and that I am a kid too, for watching it. In quotations cuz we're no longer friends obv.
Ciuvaz said:
not sure what made your country people change their minds, but whatever it was, it's not gonna happen here. At least, I can't imagine it happening.
Nah the adults still call it cartoon but it's the new gen teens who think they are some kind of sophisticated elite after reading the most popular and highest rated seinen manga. One guy literally said some corny shit like "Berserk is better than your mom and dad" "guts slept with ur mom, ur mom enjoyed it" 🤡 Just bunch of restarded MFs who got offended cause i called anime as japanese cartoon
Sep 18, 12:09 PM

Aug 2017
It's good and bad at the same time.

Good since it increases Anime quantity and you can watch more Anime besides a lot of fanart either NSFW and SFW. It already replaced Western Animation in terms of popularity and fanbase (I also hate Western Animation so I'm glad)

Bad since some bad people -thanks to anime increased popularity- want to cancel, censor and harass Anime and Anime fans. Also add extremely racist comments towards Japanese people. At least these people are rightfully gatekeep from the entire fandom and are not classified as Anime fans. Such people tend to be woke people (known as moralists, antis and racists) and they are a major threat to Anime. Unlike other media, Anime won't fall into wokeism no matter what they do since normal people watch Anime, we're already see how other media fell so no way we're going to allow to do the same with Anime.
NurguburuSep 18, 12:56 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 18, 12:53 PM

Oct 2017
Who the fuck cares. If more people are enjoying it, isn't that a good thing
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Sep 18, 9:03 PM

Aug 2022
Sure, we are getting more anime targeted for general audiences, but with the current state of things, I don't see certain genres dying out anytime soon. Just because battle shounen and isekai get a lot of eyeballs doesn't mean that slice of life dramas are in danger of becoming extinct.

SimplyBrazen said:
will it keep getting increasingly more popular until it solidifies its position in mainstream media?

As long as mainstream Western media keeps pandering to a certain vocal minority on social media, to a "modern audience" that barely shows up, anime is likely to solidify itself into the mainstream.
Sep 18, 11:50 PM
May 2023
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
Who the fuck cares. If more people are enjoying it, isn't that a good thing
@LSSJ_Gaming Fr but some stupid people are also watching them too
Sep 19, 12:13 AM
Feb 2021
If Anime is Mainstream or not, it will have it's own consequences on the industry. [b]If it's mainstream[b] then the industry will try to target the larger audience and less nieche communities. And if it's not mainstream then the industry will maybe suffer from it and adapt to make more money from the current audience. This might be far fetched but it is a possiblity.

For me personally idc. pls make ngnl mainstream so it gets a second season. x(
Sep 19, 1:20 AM

Mar 2023
Certain titles are now mainstream atleast.
Sep 19, 2:19 AM

Jul 2024
Anime is now mainstream mostly thanks to streaming platforms role in boosting anime’s popularity worldwide. Services like Netflix, Crunchyroll, and Funimation have made it easier for fans to access a wide variety of anime, often with subtitles and dubs in multiple languages. But it's still the pirated sites that have opened up anime to a broader audience, including those who might not have discovered it otherwise.

Anime’s growing popularity has indeed brought both positive and negative impacts to the medium. On the positive side, the increased global interest has led to more anime being produced.. This has allowed for more manga and novels adaptations.. Mainstream status Also helping in making anime more accessible to different regions .. The influx of new fans are always welcomed and it has also driven innovation and creativity, as studios strive to cater to varied tastes and preferences..

However, the downsides are The focus on appealing to newer and more casual fans has lead to a saturation of certain genres, like isekai and game adaptations, which doesn't appeal to long-time fans like myself. But I understand the Additional pressure studios face to produce more content quickly which sometimes result in lower quality animation and synthetic storytelling..

But I'm enjoying anime’s rise in popularity! The mainstream attention has certainly brought more financial resources and outside talent into the industry, leading to some truly amazing productions. Plus, it’s always fun to see more people discovering and appreciating the anime I love... Now I wish there was more people on anime discussions on Mal..

As for the future, I see that anime’s popularity shows no signs of waning. Animes ability to transcend cultural boundaries and connect with a global fans will continue to grow and solidify its position in mainstream media,if it wasn't already.. The diverse range of genres and the storytelling techniques that anime offers will keep it relevant and appealing to both new and long-time fans.
Sep 19, 2:24 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to SimplyBrazen
@billybub The number of new anime is consistently higher each decade. The anime hype didn't just start out of nowhere, it gradually increased over decades, and everything after the 2010's proves that. I'm just saying that number will continue to increase and is currently at its all-time height.
@SimplyBrazen You seem to think anime was aimed at hardcore fans to begin with, which would be a false assumption. Anime was always mainstream, it's just even more popular now.
Sep 19, 11:57 AM

Jan 2022
It isn't too mainstream. Society wants you to study and then get a soul-crushing job and then die and none of those include watching anime as an adult.
Sep 19, 12:02 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to LenRea
It isn't too mainstream. Society wants you to study and then get a soul-crushing job and then die and none of those include watching anime as an adult.
@LenRea
damn... looks like we truly and literally do live in a society
Sep 19, 12:13 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Commit_Crime
@LenRea
@Commit_Crime my reaction to this information:
Sep 19, 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Commit_Crime
@LenRea
@Commit_Crime mind status: blown.
Sep 19, 12:36 PM
Sep 2019
Gatekeep all the way
Or else gg same happened to gaming
Sep 19, 1:30 PM

Oct 2017
Yeah hopefully anime declines in popularity so the medium can just implode. We need to strip away half of the industry's profits, can't let those dirty non Japanese fans influence my medium lol.
Sep 19, 2:26 PM
Feb 2022
For me personally, I think it has become a little too mainstream as I miss how it used to be in the 2010's when anime was not niche, but it wasn't mainstream like it is now either there was a good middle ground in those years.

However, I do believe that there will be somewhat of a plateau in growth as I predict a lot of the newer anime fans will stop watching for following anime in the next few years because I am not sure if they actually like anime as whole all that much but rather certain mainstream series, so once their favorite mainstream series ends they will stop watching anime in general for the most part.
Sep 19, 2:34 PM

Feb 2022
It's definitely mainstream but many anime fans are still staunch gatekeepers so it's pretty subjective on how mainstream it is

Sep 19, 5:54 PM

Sep 2024
As long as anime doesn't turn to shit I'll be fine. I enjoy how much manga is being made too.
"When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, the winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?
Untimely storms make men expect a dearth."

William Shakespeare
Sep 20, 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
It does not matter if anime is mainstream or not because most of it isn't any good (to begin with).
Sep 20, 9:37 AM

Dec 2021
Yes, I am unable to enjoy a product if someone I don't like is watching the same product. No, this does not make me fragile.
Sep 20, 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
Who said anime is even mainstream to begin with?
Sep 20, 5:54 PM

Oct 2022
Nah I think anime is fine where it's at.
Sep 22, 2:27 AM

Jul 2010
Globally yeah, local no. I mean, I know only one friend who watches anime. And I don't know anyone who is paying for anime & manga, or buying any merchandise.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Brand New Anime Franchises of 2024

FriendlyPaw - Yesterday

17 by WatchTillTandava »»
3 minutes ago

» Favorite anime girl school uniform

VampireSylphy - Today

19 by faleagum »»
5 minutes ago

» What if you were Himmel?

SgtBateMan - Today

7 by GinInYourJuice »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » critical rating vs sentimental rating - which one actually helps the general public ?

ame - Oct 9

38 by Prideful_Lion »»
32 minutes ago

» What do anime fans want from the medium?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

26 by Notoshin »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.