Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 25, 11:42 PM
Oct 2014
I wonder how many iconic Jpop songs they are gonna do , first ed2 now ed4 I'm kinda excited and hopeful ngl
Jul 26, 2:05 AM
Feb 2020
Recognizing the Ed song before the lyrics started was disturbing, I don't think I've heard it in over a decade and a few notes brought it back

Am I wrong in thinking the president's reason was hinting at Kuze's
Jul 26, 3:34 AM
May 2020
freudian slip right there from alya lucky it was in russian lol
Jul 26, 3:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Lurik259
Its more and more just Oregairu with lesser character writing.

Light Novel to its core. MC is a disinterested/cynical chad of inter-personal relationships, despite being a child, and the no nonsense hot female lead is incompetent for the sake of damsel moments like this episode.

Thats not even including the multiple misunderstandings. Why are they hiding being siblings? Is MC from some special main/branch family and thats why they hide it and also why the have ties to Russia? Why do we need the future drama that Masha is the girl from the flashbacks not Alya?
@Lurik259 The whole thing about them hiding being siblings seems forced and borderline silly. They better come with some sort of plausible explanation. Otherwise it's difficult to keep suspending one's disbelief.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 26, 5:39 AM

Mar 2016
Student council stuff was kinda boring.
Jul 26, 6:52 AM
Apr 2022
They cut many scenes from the manga, but it is a very enjoyable anime to watch.
Jul 26, 7:13 AM
May 2016
This episode was quite nice, some character development here, a sudden confession there and most importantly:

Hare Hare Yukai...

At first I thought I was tripping but then realized it's exactly what I'm hearing.
Shame there was no dance.
It sure did bring back memories however.
Jul 26, 3:19 PM

Aug 2018
Another great episode! This anime is actually being quite a surprise for me, it's actually really good and I wasn't expecting that!
The confession scene was so cute, and we were able to watch Kuze's abilities as a member of the student council during his high school days. And the president of the council was able to make Kuze join the student council with his plan of making him rescue Alya. And Kuze is obviously supporting Alya's run for the president of the council, I wonder how Kuze's sister is going to feel about that though. When Alya kissed Kuze's cheeck that he didn't feel due to the slap was super inteligent of her, making him not know what happened xD
It does seem like Masha is also interested in Kuze, so let's see how that will run out, but she has already warned Alya to confess to him quickly.
The funniest part of the episode was, without a doubt, the part when Kuze starts thinking about the Russian girl he met in his childhood, and Alya knows he's thinking about another woman and (almost) breaks his hand xD
Jul 26, 3:34 PM
May 2021
Today(like 10y) we need more Masachika like MC.
For one time the MC can be separate to the girl,and still enjoyable,I even prefer him at Alya(I like too).
He has a real personnality and not just have the girl because he his the MC,but deserve it.
Still liking this work week after week.
Jul 26, 3:36 PM
May 2021
And I would never think to ear SUZUMIYA FIRST ED ONE MORE TIME,AND NOT IN ANOTHER ANIME๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ญ!!
Really love the use of it!โคโคโค
Kyoani please S3
Jul 26, 6:29 PM
Jul 2024
Very heartfelt and cute episode.
Jul 26, 11:55 PM

Nov 2017
so we're gonna get 12 ED this season huh, and i didn't expect Haruhi ED gonna be used on today episode lol.

Also did Alya confess her feelings subconsciously ?? and i think Masha gonna get along with Kuze too in the future
Jul 27, 4:04 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to packaged_air
1/10 not enough yuki
@packaged_air Agreed
Jul 27, 5:14 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Otaksu
@Otaksu There'll be Yuki in the next episode.
“๐–จ๐–ฟ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—‰๐—‹๐–พ๐–ฝ๐—‚๐–ผ๐—๐–บ๐–ป๐—…๐–พ, ๐—‚๐— ๐—๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—…๐–ฝ ๐–ผ๐–พ๐–บ๐—Œ๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ป๐–พ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐–พ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐—๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐— ๐–ฟ๐—…๐–บ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹.” – ๐–ค๐—…๐–พ๐–บ๐—‡๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–ฑ๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—…๐—
Jul 27, 5:18 AM
Oct 2023
the confession scene was nice ig
Jul 27, 5:45 AM
Apr 2017
In this episode makes my heart frickin hurt:')))))))))))
Jul 27, 7:10 AM
Aug 2022
aurora_yuuki said:
@Aversa In Volume 8. She will acknowledge her feelings for him.

thank q for spoiling
Jul 27, 7:17 AM
Jul 2024
you guys must watch this anime
Jul 27, 7:49 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to 7even_
aurora_yuuki said:
@Aversa In Volume 8. She will acknowledge her feelings for him.

thank q for spoiling
7even_ said:
thank q for spoiling

You're most welcome.
“๐–จ๐–ฟ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—‰๐—‹๐–พ๐–ฝ๐—‚๐–ผ๐—๐–บ๐–ป๐—…๐–พ, ๐—‚๐— ๐—๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—…๐–ฝ ๐–ผ๐–พ๐–บ๐—Œ๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ป๐–พ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐–พ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐—๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐— ๐–ฟ๐—…๐–บ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹.” – ๐–ค๐—…๐–พ๐–บ๐—‡๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐–ฑ๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—…๐—
Jul 27, 7:50 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Alex4406
Alex4406 said:

You guys must read the LN.
Jul 27, 11:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to pansz
cute, but I really like her sister, I wanted them to be together, but that will be impossible
pansz said:
cute, but I really like her sister, I wanted them to be together, but that will be impossible

Well, all I can say is that you will see a ton of scenes of both Masha and Masachika together alone and it will be very adorable, so even if you wont get what you want, you will find a lot to sooth your soul, besides Alya will get a lot better.

LMAO with your reactions.

7even_ said:
hank q for spoiling

No, it is indeed lame, and technically it is not in volume 8, but the end of 7th.
What he should have done is use a spoiler tag.

Also with this pacing, this means we would only see it in a possible S3.
Thing is, the series is a lot about more than just romance, so there will be plenty of stuff to enjoy till it gets there, if it will get a S3.
You better off reading the LN, since the manga is easily gonna be surpassed by the anime.

THAT SAID, this trash got a S2 https://myanimelist.net/news/71454576
And S1 was 24 episodes, so it will already get like 3 seasons of 12 episodes, in that light, Roshidere deserves a FULL adaptation ASAP.

RyogiSHIKI7 said:
He has a real personality and not just have the girl because he his the MC,but deserve it.

It will only get more interesting from his perspective, he has a lot yet to give to the series, and he is there to support Alisa with her dreams, and she will be there to support him with his problems, so it is like they need one another, they compliment each other, but this is FAR from the series circling around Alya.
PlaycoolJul 27, 12:02 PM
Jul 27, 1:03 PM

Oct 2014
Reply to Er1kAnderson
Revvie-chan said:
COME NOW YOU CAN'T DO HARE HARE YUKAI WITHOUT THE DANCE!!!!

AHAHA I KNEW I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE SONG!!! i did a double take when i heard it yesterday! but seriously, why ARENT they doing the dance?? it’s a travesty
@Er1kAnderson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMJVArQLlJk
Jul 27, 1:31 PM

Feb 2008
Where is Suou man... two episodes and it's not the same without her.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jul 27, 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
Had to go through and ignore all the people who won't shut up about what they know from reading the LN. Going to make the future episode threads more enjoyable and quicker to read, win win. Some of these people need to get a personality or hobby instead of trying to get fulfillment from posting source material spoilers like it makes them special.

Jul 27, 3:59 PM
May 2021
Reply to Playcool
pansz said:

Well, all I can say is that you will see a ton of scenes of both Masha and Masachika together alone and it will be very adorable, so even if you wont get what you want, you will find a lot to sooth your soul, besides Alya will get a lot better.

LMAO with your reactions.

7even_ said:
hank q for spoiling

No, it is indeed lame, and technically it is not in volume 8, but the end of 7th.
What he should have done is use a spoiler tag.

Also with this pacing, this means we would only see it in a possible S3.
Thing is, the series is a lot about more than just romance, so there will be plenty of stuff to enjoy till it gets there, if it will get a S3.
You better off reading the LN, since the manga is easily gonna be surpassed by the anime.

THAT SAID, this trash got a S2 https://myanimelist.net/news/71454576
And S1 was 24 episodes, so it will already get like 3 seasons of 12 episodes, in that light, Roshidere deserves a FULL adaptation ASAP.

RyogiSHIKI7 said:
He has a real personality and not just have the girl because he his the MC,but deserve it.

It will only get more interesting from his perspective, he has a lot yet to give to the series, and he is there to support Alisa with her dreams, and she will be there to support him with his problems, so it is like they need one another, they compliment each other, but this is FAR from the series circling around Alya.
@Playcool
Playcool said:

Thank you๐Ÿ˜glad to know that!
Jul 27, 4:40 PM

Nov 2017
We're finally moving forward :)
Jul 27, 5:23 PM
Oct 2008
I don't usually post, but I must mention that the Hare Hare Yukai at the end was just for me, I don't care what everybody thinks, I'm the protagonist of this life.

Also yeah, been liking the Anime, not planning to go to the manga yet, if keeps me hooked by the season finale, might read it or the LN.
Jul 27, 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
Alya wants to be Student Council President yet she can't handle a rather simple dispute between clubs without crying while having "oh poor me" flashbacks. Masachika sure has a lot of work ahead of him as her Vice.

Respect for the current Student Council President, btw.
Jul 27, 6:57 PM

May 2023
just want to say that Haruhi ED is the only one I like in this episode, still no Yuki I'm so bored waiting.

the more I hear Russian in this anime the more cringe I hear it but it's not too bad just knowing that Kuze knows that he can speak Russian is very cringe, the dialog after ED is very good Masha suddenly says to Alya if you don't express your feelings to Kuze then I will take Kuze from you sooner or later.
Jul 27, 7:22 PM
Jun 2021
The cute interection between the protagonist and Alya continues, and I like how the protagonist handles things.
Jul 27, 8:17 PM
Nov 2019
Woah, that was nice!
Jul 28, 12:58 AM
Jun 2022
the ending song straight from haruhi suzumiya anime. tf is happening?
Jul 28, 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
If anything this episode made it even clearer that Yuki is best girl. That slap was really unjustified.
Jul 28, 8:31 AM
Jan 2022
this anime is mid man, I was really enjoying the first 2 ep but then I lost interest because I didn't really connect with the MC or the sid characters.. firstly why is everyone hyping up the MC because he a vice president of his middle school bro that not anything special it's not a superpower so stop treating him like. a god damn superhero, secondly why is every girl in this anime hypersexual towards the MC, from my perspective even when he moves a pencil every girl will say 'omg he looks so cute moving that pencil' that's shows the writing is so trash, honestly this anime will be one of the thousand rom anime out there being forgotten for sure.......
Jul 28, 8:36 AM
Apr 2018
Cute Funny RomCom
Jul 28, 9:39 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to levibigass
this anime is mid man, I was really enjoying the first 2 ep but then I lost interest because I didn't really connect with the MC or the sid characters.. firstly why is everyone hyping up the MC because he a vice president of his middle school bro that not anything special it's not a superpower so stop treating him like. a god damn superhero, secondly why is every girl in this anime hypersexual towards the MC, from my perspective even when he moves a pencil every girl will say 'omg he looks so cute moving that pencil' that's shows the writing is so trash, honestly this anime will be one of the thousand rom anime out there being forgotten for sure.......
@levibigass You'll soon find out why. He's not your everyday MC. Watch till the end.
Jul 28, 12:42 PM

Jul 2022
Wait im so confused, so was it masha or alya that the male MC learned his russian from???

Also, in this anime only the interactions with him and Alya are worth watching, the rest is just boring lmao
Jul 28, 8:32 PM

Apr 2022
Okay fine, this episode is where I finally thought it lived up to the hype (until now it’s been a good but standard rom com, this episode really plays on that genre convention expectation and subverts it). I also think this episode made Alya feel the most compelling and coherent overall as a character that she’s been, and that the MC also felt the most empathetic.

Great episode overall. Really excited for the next one now.
Jul 28, 9:53 PM

Sep 2022
Kuze will definitely support Alya in her shot at becoming the school president, I think Alya and Kuze will work really well together.
Jul 29, 2:14 AM

Mar 2024
Reply to aurora_yuuki
Alex4406 said:

You guys must read the LN.
@aurora_yuuki Why would I want to spoil the anime?
Jul 29, 2:16 AM

Mar 2024
Reply to Gator
If anything this episode made it even clearer that Yuki is best girl. That slap was really unjustified.
@Gator I agree, that's asshole territory.
Jul 29, 7:29 AM

Jun 2021
That's how president looked at junior high before joining student council? Impressive.

It didn't seem the strongest episode, until Alya started crying / being depressed and Masachika listened to her sad Russian words coming to the rescue. Then, it seemed to become a little boring until the joining hands twist. When he went: "NOOOOO THIS IS LIKE THE 2ND WORST THING A ROMCOM MAIN CHARACTER CAN DO" i lost it. No, wait, it becomes even more absurd. She understood he was thinking about his sister, without being aware Yuki is her sister, when in reality he was remembering her own sister? What an ending. No. It's not over yet.

HARE HARE YUKAI COVER VERSION AS THE ENDING THEME? Unbelievable. As soon as i recognized it (obviously before the first lyrics kicked in), i immediately grabbed my Suzumiya pillow that was already at the side of the bed, and held it tight to my body. Still mad about her. After all this time? Always.

(nice after credits moment between sisters, but i can't think straight about it right now)

Oooook... (*trying to calm down after about ten minutes)

Nope, still out of words. That moment was out of nowhere and was epic. Too bad the girls didn't do the famous dance themselves, and i miss Yuki even if she has a "particular" attitude, but they still looked cool in those clothes. Damn, i adore Japan and anime hard and there's no sign at all i'm going to stop.

(it never ends... and rewatching almost the entire thread and noticing how many other people gladly remember Haruhi made me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY)
_untitledJul 29, 8:20 AM
Jul 29, 8:05 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to Seansy
@Playcool So... the MC will continue to magically poof solutions into existence (CotE) and the characters will continue to contradict their established character traits whenever convenient (Oregairu)?

I already have a low opinion of most of the character writing in Oregairu so hearing that it has a lot of similarities to it is pretty discouraging.

Please feel free to spoil me on this: When will Alya and the MC get together? I'm not confident they can believably drag it out beyond the end of the season after she already told him she likes him this episode.

Seansy said:
Please feel free to spoil me on this: When will Alya and the MC get together? I'm not confident they can believably drag it out beyond the end of the season after she already told him she likes him this episode.

Roshidere is very Heisei-era, so
. Some source readers in comments clearly overselling the series and creating false expectation to make it appear better.
Jul 29, 8:47 AM
Aug 2022
Nice, ep 4 but already hidden love confession!
Jul 29, 10:56 AM
Aug 2021
not the best episode
Jul 29, 12:25 PM
Jan 2022
aurora_yuuki said:
@levibigass You'll soon find out why. He's not your everyday MC. Watch till the end.

ok will see what they are cooking but I doubt there will be a big revelation or something that will change my mind ... anyways I will give it a changes
Jul 30, 4:37 AM
Feb 2018
good episode ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Jul 30, 12:42 PM
Jul 2024
including a meta scene right after that unnecessarily overdramatic sequence ain't saving it, the inner monologue is a curse that needs to begone.
Jul 30, 10:35 PM

Feb 2017
Another good episode. Masachika joining the student council seemed like the logical next step, and he took it well to help Alya. It was cute to see Alya a bit jealous and then give Masachika a kiss to provoke him.
In the end, I liked the Hare Hare Yukai ending, although I would have loved if they had animated it in the original style; that would have been perfect. I’m looking forward to more surprises with the endings.

ใ…คใ…ค I love Nao Tomori โ™ก
ใ…คใ…คๅ‹ๅˆฉๅฅˆ็ท’ใฎใ“ใจใŒๅคงๅฅฝใใงใ™ ♥

profile โ”ƒ anime list โ”ƒ manga list โ”ƒ top anime

let's feel good
ใƒฌใƒƒใƒ„ ใƒ•ใ‚ฃใƒผใƒซใ‚ฐใƒƒใƒ‰ใ—ใพใ™
Jul 30, 10:46 PM

Aug 2017
Every episode is phenomenal. And Kuze is a real man. I love it.

10/10

Teufel said:
Had to go through and ignore all the people who won't shut up about what they know from reading the LN. Going to make the future episode threads more enjoyable and quicker to read, win win. Some of these people need to get a personality or hobby instead of trying to get fulfillment from posting source material spoilers like it makes them special.

I agree. I don't like all the soft spoilers.
CarbonMDJul 30, 11:02 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Opening has Your Lie in April references?

griddyweeb - Yesterday

15 by AltN »»
2 hours ago

» Itโ€™s not the same ๐Ÿ˜”

Ayther - Yesterday

30 by polnalyubvi »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Aug 28

286 by Nekosawrus »»
4 hours ago

» Season 2 ( 1 2 )

martingunnarsson - Aug 30

64 by aboood40091 »»
5 hours ago

» Preview of Episode 10.

aurora_yuuki - Aug 30

16 by aurora_yuuki »»
12 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.