Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 21, 11:55 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to luciojb
@Mfundroid i like the separation of number-letter better than "nines". nines for me is an american-esque nickname which takes away the meaning of they being androids. it is the same as calling 2B "tub". Oh, hello Tub, how are you today? lame lol
@luciojb He was called that in the original game on purpose too. It's a fitting nickname since Nines means "to perfection" or "to the highest degree". He's the best Scanner android in all of YoRHa so it became a term of endearment for him and his skills.
Jul 21, 12:02 PM

Aug 2022
Peak 100%! I love the people who made this Anime! thanks A1 Studio!
Jul 21, 1:47 PM

Sep 2019
Wow, such an amazing episode!

I absolutely love the new added scenes that were not in the games. I adore 6O, she's the best Operator and her death scene was so hard to watch.

The corruption through kiss scene was an unexpected surprise but a welcome one. This show really knows it's audience.

The ending of the episode was brilliantly adapted, I literally got chills and tears from it.

See you all on the next episode discussion!
ShadowNeo2Jul 21, 3:07 PM
Jul 21, 2:20 PM
Feb 2021
Simple but good, it looks that it comes to be better
Jul 21, 2:32 PM

Mar 2019
Wow, this episode was explosive! (literally 💥)
Jul 21, 10:55 PM
Jun 2007
Ah virus infections really killed everyone and the base was on self destruction.
Can't wait to see whats next haha
Jul 22, 1:04 PM

May 2018
Not sure why some people are that impressed by "the big reveal", this is literally what 9S discovered at the end of season one (if you pause and read the screens). This also was the reason for 2B "hard rebooting" him this season.

But yeah, they handled well this part - diverging from the original plot, but also having similar outcome which gives more screen time for certain character.
Also for some reason I am shipping 3B with 9S now.
Jul 22, 1:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Awesome episode confirming what had been strongly hinted at at the end of S1. The battle scenes were top notch, specially when 2B was going all out (the creators providing plenty of service for the otaky too) and the scene with the commander well done. Looking forward to more of this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 22, 7:30 PM
Jan 2018
The timing when the Commander shouts at 2B to go and Crumbling Lies (OST) plays is immaculate.
Jul 23, 8:49 PM

Dec 2015
YOOOOO THIS EPISODE WAS INSANE!!! It answered so many questions, about the frist episode of Season 2! Now it finally makes sense why 2B is frustrated all the time and clenches her fists so often! Poor 9S for being such a good detective... Season 2 is off to an incredibly amazing start and it's only episode 3??????? At least the bright side of all other YoRHa units being destroyed is that there is hopefully no reason for 2B to ever kill 9S again... here's to hoping that 9S and 2B can have a happy end after all of this is over!
Jul 24, 9:40 AM
Feb 2021
Wow what an episode this was
Jul 24, 10:20 AM

Jan 2018
They revealed that humanity is gone at the beginning of the episode with a narration? I don't really remember how it was revealed in the game tbh but I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this. It was such a big reveal too. I remember how devastated I felt when this revelation hit in the game. The androids were basically fighting aimlessly for a master that didn't exist for centuries. It's just so sad... Sad beyond words.

The start of Route C however was handled pretty well I think. A-1 Studio didn't disappoint. Everything from the fight scene animation to the emotional aspects hit just right. However, they cut the part of 60 commenting on 2B getting her flowers. Sure, it was a missable dialogue if you didn't do her side-quests but it was still such a powerful exchange. It's a shame it didn't make the cut and seemingly got replaced by her talking about the Commander putting on her clothes. Oh well.

Besides these, this episode was nearly perfect. So far I'm loving Season 2. And it's only been 3 episodes. People are saying that this feels like a season finale when it's only the beginning of route C. Anime-onlies are so not ready for what comes next. Can't wait for the next 1 or 2 episodes with more big twists.
Jul 24, 5:49 PM

Nov 2008
Have platinumed the game, but the series is just adorable! Maybe the best series made out of a game ever!
Jul 25, 7:20 PM

Jul 2016
Ah, yes. Tragedy + top-tier OST. What a fantastic combination.
Seriously, that transition from Commander encouraging 2B to the end credits in a black screen went hard asf.

Excellent episode.
8 hours ago
Oct 2021
Good episode, nice to see the truth of their journey
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

57 by KOTFTW »»
16 minutes ago

» Canon

Rayane-47 - 6 hours ago

6 by djg2345312 »»
2 hours ago

» Anime-only fans, my condolences!

SteelLad - Jul 20

22 by Rayane-47 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5

78 by Ckea »»
Jul 23, 8:46 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12

55 by ReganDesu »»
Jul 22, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.