Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 1:15 PM
Apr 2024
I love the art style and I love the concept, they are too cute together. Can't wait for more eps.
Jul 4, 1:15 PM

Mar 2023
This seems like the better strategy for hiding your feelings, I feel like this gimmick won't get old either. Male MC is also decent, which rarely happens in romance anime.
Jul 4, 1:20 PM

Apr 2024
can we do this on computer?
bc i have the impression that's the functionality of "new episode:tell us your thoughts" is only on Mobile
[/size]
Jul 4, 1:24 PM
Oct 2022
Initial thought is that I'm finally able to say I've had my own harem now, except it wasn't this wholesome. IRL it rarely works out well.
The first episode is cute, though I honestly am not sure how you can sustain an entire 12 episode anime with this formula. Seems like it would get stale fast. We'll see.
Jul 4, 1:32 PM

Nov 2023
I found the first episode pretty funny.
The way they play off of each other is so cute!
Saori Hayami is nailing her role and that's reason enough to watch this anime.
My biggest concern is the fact the this formula will get repetitive really quickly.
I hope they can find a way to shake things up.

Note:
Is it just me or does the ost feel a little... childish... cartoonish... not appropriate.
The direction in general seems to be leaning that way.
It's not bothering me much, I just feel like it's a bit overdone.
Jul 4, 2:10 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This already beats the Russian girl show for me, this one isn’t as hyped but it’s just as golden if not more. I’m not only a romcom enjoyer, but also a big harem lover as well, and although this romcom only has one main girl, she’s also the whole harem as well lol, that’s some mad skill Nanakura has, she’s also just super cute on her own, her design actually reminds me a bit of Nagatoro which is a plus for me, the only thing that could make it better is if she developed that type of personality for the “harem”, I guess the Impish one is pretty close already tho.

I also like the MC Kitahama, he actually seems more like a side character but I mean that as a good thing, he’s among one of the more unique romcom MCs I’ve seen, and I’m really enjoying his moments with Nanakura already too. I also like the art style a lot, it definitely stands out in a good way imo. And we also got a very nice OP and ED, OP will probably be one of my favorites this season and the ED just further flexes Saori Hayami beyond what we already heard in the episode, it’s another banger, and I loved the manga panels transitioning to anime in the visuals. Without a doubt looking forward to more of this delight of a show!
Jul 4, 2:13 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to sodrainz
@perseii It's what the source is. It's really just a cute wholesome school romance. There's not huge character depth or anything. And I don't think any characters like hugely stand out, it's just fluffy. I think of it as something light with slight Takagi-san vibes.

It's just watching two kids that like each other without any drama.
@sodrainz I'd be okay with "no character depth" or "drama". But I was hoping for some sneakily sly writing and comedy beats that don't get wrapped up almost instantly.

I thought the idea sounded really fun, especially with a great voice actor. But the first episode felt like they were just doing the bare minimum.

But meh, they're just getting started, and as a manga reader you probably know a lot more than I do. I'll try a few more episodes.
Jul 4, 2:15 PM

Nov 2022
I kinda see some nagatoro too when she does the smug girl ;)
Jul 4, 2:15 PM

Jul 2021
I didn't read the manga or anything I just dicided to watch it and omg! Its awesome, its literally my type of anime! Can't wait till next week
Jul 4, 2:26 PM
Mar 2023
great debut, very good for the anime when the first episode premieres so well!
Jul 4, 2:27 PM
Feb 2021
this is already best anime this season for me
Jul 4, 2:32 PM

Apr 2024
Honestly, this isn't the kind of show that I expected from what I had heard, but it's fine anyway.
Jul 4, 2:34 PM
Sep 2023
Ep 1 of giji harem was better than expected. The transitions were very good and not too abrupt (as chapters are tiny and don’t follow a plot in the manga). I’ve read the manga a bit and the adaptation was pretty on point. Nothing left out and the dialogues pretty much are all there.
Jul 4, 2:37 PM
Dec 2022
I liked how the relationship between Rin and Eiji developed so quickly since they just met, I can really tell she likes him lol. Hearing Soari Hayami act as a little devil, tsundere, kuudere, and a spoiled girl was an absolute treat!!🥰🥰🥰
Jul 4, 2:44 PM

Jan 2022
Rin's VA is Yor's VA! The animation is pretty unique and not something I'm used to yet and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

The girl has several personalities, hence the name Pseudo Harem. C'mon people, its so obvious.

Lmao her main personality is a shy girl but she can act cool and shit by acting and convincing him that he needs her number. Brilliant. I can tell this is going to be a cute anime. I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 4, 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
The show would have been perfect if it had better animation and some consistency. But purely for fun, this will do, although I need to get used to such a random set of segments.
Jul 4, 2:59 PM
Nov 2015
Is it me or do most backgrounds look very bland and empty?
Overall, I liked the episode, and ofc Hayamin is just precious!
Jul 4, 4:01 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What a great, wholesome first episode. Really looking forward to what this anime has in store for us. Doing a great job studio Nomad. Keep up the good work 👍
Jul 4, 4:15 PM
Sep 2022
A HEROINA PERFEITA!!!!!
Jul 4, 4:19 PM

Dec 2016
I feel robbed.

Manga fans kept saying that Hayamin would "act" as several characters in a single girl. But ALL of her characters SOUNDED exactly the same, the animators only changed the easthetics of her to blatantly express a different chara archtype, but it still was only Hayamin doing her run of the mill dere girl voice. I was expecting to actually hear Hayamin voice act more impactful voice roles, like the harsh and violent Deanna from Double Decker or an actually strong voiced tsundere like Hayase from Oreimo.

There's also the fact that Rin obviously loves Mac Blank Slate kun for no real reason. Geez, at least give us something to hide the blatant audience insert character.

Guess this one also goes into the 3 episode rule.
KimurahJul 4, 4:39 PM
Jul 4, 4:23 PM

Aug 2017
Summer season 2024 is the season of the big romcoms.

After "Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga nei" last Saturday, "Tokidoki bosotto russia-go de dereru no Alya-San" yesterday and "Megami Cafe No Terrace" today this is already the fourth romcom that has delighted me this season. - and tomorrow there's also "Nitengo jigen no ririsa" waiting for us.

I was a bit curious to see how they would adapt the manga, since the chapters are only 4 pages long. One idea that occurred to me would have been to do a 1- to 2-minute episode every day for the entire season, as is the case with some mini anime, but they decided on the classic 12-episode format.

You can tell, even without any knowledge of manga, that the whole thing is made up of several mini-chapters, but as long as it's entertaining and doesn't get boring after 12 weeks, I have no complaints.

The basic idea alone is absolutely cute and the way it's implemented is even more so. Saori Hayami (as already mentioned here: Yor Forger, Shinobu Kochou, Princess Oyuki among others) can demonstrate her versatility here. I'm already looking forward to the 3 months.

And the ending is an absolute earworm. I can hardly wait to hear the full version.
Jul 4, 4:36 PM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
That was every bit as fun as I had hoped it would be!! I like all of the theatre club members introduced so far, and the dynamic between the two main characters is absolutely adorable – my sudden romance fix is going to be getting well fed this season.
Jul 4, 4:42 PM
Oct 2020
I didn't know there was going to be an anime adaptation of this. Loved the manga, even though it uses the same formula as Takagi-san and Soredemo Ayumu wa yosetekuru.
To be honest, the fact that the JP voice actress of Rin is the same as Ayaka in Genshin Impact triggers me a bit, but overall I don't think that it was such a bad idea.

Pretty curious to see where this season is going to end.
Jul 4, 4:48 PM
May 2017
Excellent beginning episode!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 4, 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
Fantastic first episode. Saori Hayami KILLED IT!

Loved the Opening but that ENDING!!!! Oh my god. SO good,
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 4, 6:25 PM

Sep 2008
I could even listen to this as a podcast, even after reading the manga I still think this is an amazing adaptation, the VA makes a wonderful job Flexing her voice skills, gotta be honest, my third favorite VA is yuuki Aoi (first is rie takahashi and then kugimiya rie), and that is because I fell in love with the spider anime, when she voiced half the show (aka the 4 spiders) by herself, and this is on the same level,

man I loved this
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 4, 6:29 PM
Feb 2021
another cute anime
Jul 4, 6:35 PM

Feb 2016
didn't expect this to be so wholesome, slice of life has done it again to me. best genre ever
Jul 4, 6:52 PM

Apr 2022
hayami saori the goat. i like the concept of a pseudo-harem, but i would probably enjoy this more if it had better character designs and animation. i mean i do like their personalities, but rin looks like a little girl to me lol. still a decent enough start though, i don't hate it. now to see how they keep this concept fresh till the end of the show.
Jul 4, 6:56 PM
Feb 2023
I really liked it, very good start
Jul 4, 7:22 PM

Jan 2021
HEEEY THIS IS SO CUTE?! AAAA

Nanakura is so cute in all her dere-dere modes~ :3

Jul 4, 7:39 PM
Apr 2024
Love the art style. It really complements the comedic nature of the anime. Love Rin’s CV. Her voice really fits Rin’s character and her alter egos. Rin’s first impression was enchanted. OP and ED are enjoyable.

Can’t wait for next week!
Jul 4, 7:57 PM
Apr 2024
ice-tea-triple said:
Awesome show, but might be tooo sweet to watch as a single male

toooooooo sweeeeeet
Jul 4, 8:48 PM
Sep 2016
Umm.... It's been really a while since I last read Giji Harem, so I'm not so sure abt the stories. It's a very short series, and yet I think they burn through the materials quite a lot in just the 1st EP. Moreover, they actually went with
. Are they planning to rush to get there instead.

BTW, Rin's joining the club is AFAIK originally placed somewhere much later in the middle of the manga series. For this time, I actually appreciate it that they experimenting by shuffling the stories around.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jul 4, 9:36 PM

Nov 2014
Finished the manga long ago and love it very much!
The plot is simple and cute.Time flies so fast when watching this.
With Saori Hayami's voice acting, this anime (focus on dialogue between main couple) is a blessing for... my ears <3
Jul 4, 9:40 PM
Mar 2015
So far he acting is cute
Jul 4, 11:07 PM
Nov 2020
Wow! This Anime really got me hooked just after 2 min of watch.

Thanks to Saori Hayami's voice for Nanakura Rin..
She's versatile when it comes to voicing different types of personalities of anime girls. The op and ed are so catchy.

Rin is so adorable ..all of her personalities are so cute to watch.. I can't figure out if she's acting or not just like Eiji; even Rin doesn't seem to know.
All the cool-girl, spoiled-girl, Tsundere chan, impish girl all these archetypes seems to be her own and doesn't look like acting.

The character design is also so cool. This anime gives me the vibes of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi san
and Ijiranaide Nagataro san and at times Rin reminds me of Nagataro when she acts impish and like Takagi with that big forehead look.

Pseudo-harem seems to be better than a real harem.
I don't care what others think..It's a 10/10 for me
Jul 4, 11:50 PM
Jul 2022
why does this feel like they mashed up anime compilations into one episode but i guess its fine
Jul 4, 11:53 PM

Feb 2012
Love the concept! Beautiful animation ♥
Jul 5, 12:23 AM

Nov 2009
This first ep won my heart this will be my must watch romance anime of the season and it might even go up there as one of my favorite comfy romance animes of all time.
Hi !!!
Jul 5, 12:36 AM
Feb 2021
Honestly I'm really confused why there are so many people overly-praising this first episode? Yes the premise of a single girl portraying multiple harem tropes is very unique, and I'm interested to watch this anime in the first place because of it. The voice actress also did an amazing job at that. But the storytelling feels VERY messy imo. I get that they're trying to condensed multiple mini-stories (or chapters in the manga I presume?) within a single episode, and there are already good examples of anime with that concept such as Kaguya-sama, but in this one they crammed WAY too much material. The pacing was way too fast and every mini-stories ended very abruptly without any intermission. The introduction of the characters also feels very odd to me, like they're expecting everybody to already know who they are from the get go. As someone who only watch the anime and don't read the manga, this first episode failed to make me invested because everything is just way too fast...

I still want to give this anime a chance tho, because the premise is just so unique. I hope the next 2-3 eps can change my mind.
Jul 5, 2:26 AM

Dec 2022
well its fantastic after watching way to many harem shows finally something different
I really like this its unique enough for me to watch every episode and if all the rest episode are like this 1st episode it might be way too much
Jul 5, 3:09 AM
Apr 2023
I had good first impressions but i was surprised by just how much I liked it.
Jul 5, 3:17 AM

Jun 2020
God, the pacing feels REALLY off and I hope it's just me and they will improve it in the next episodes. And the opening part... That was very cliche and cringe as hell.

I need to admit though, I'm pretty satisfied with this adaptation in general; the designs are very similar with the manga which is good, since I really love the charm that the manga's art style got, then the main VA's did great job with their roles too, specially Rin. I just hope they won't did anything weird like that additional introduction scenes and messing up the story pacing anymore.
Jul 5, 3:46 AM

Jan 2018
Damn, it looks like they're going to speedrun the whole thing in 1 season... what a shame. The premise is still cool though so I might check out the manga eventually.
Jul 5, 3:48 AM

Nov 2023
It's too damn sweet, like overwhelmingly.

Other than that, I'm enjoying it.
Jul 5, 5:59 AM

Feb 2012
Alright this one is probably the best romance this season.
Jul 5, 6:01 AM
Apr 2024
Honest opinion... I love it! the characters are so well made and it is funnier than I thought it would be!
the show gives off a horimiya combined with nagituro. Also you don't have to pick best girl because she is the only girl! I fully recommend this to anyone.
Jul 5, 7:58 AM

Apr 2021
This was a nice change of pace and she ( the girls ) are totally cute.

I really enjoyed this first episode, they directed it very well.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 5, 8:40 AM

Aug 2022
So I was gonna watch 2.5d dimensional seduction but at last minute I decided to change to this cause I got the feeling I’d like this more.

And so far it’s pretty good, the idea of one girl being the entire harem is pretty cool.

Eiji and Rin have a fun dynamic so far
Phantom_373Jul 5, 8:52 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FadesHandle - Sep 5

50 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 22

76 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

116 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8

85 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 1

62 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.