Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
That was a fun episode, I like a lot this Clayface, I still can't tell if Deadshot was genuinely trying to be a bro on his own way or just a jerk, I guess those two sides overlap for him.
Jul 2, 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
The ratcatcher and Deadshot sequence was so goofy haha, i'm liking it so far.
I particularly enjoy how useful/strong firearms are here
Jul 3, 5:39 AM

Jan 2018
It took 3 episodes but the show has finally started being interesting. Makes sense as to why they released the first 3 episodes all at once.

Lmfao. Deadshot and Ratcatcher's backstory was hilarious. The fact that Deadshot is completely oblivious to it is funny af.

I wonder what the deal is with Katana and Ratcatcher? I thought they were part of the squad so why did they go rogue? Especially Katana. And who are they working for?

The squad "recapturing" that fort was also pretty good.

I didn't realize Cecil is voiced by Kazuma's VA Jun Fukushima wtf. He doesn't sound like Kazuma at all. Also, Clayface is voiced by Jun Fukuyama who voiced Lelouch in CG, and Lawrence in Spice and Wolf. He fits Clayface well.

This episode was very fun. Hopefully the next ones will be too.
Jul 3, 6:03 AM
Jul 2022
Made me cringe hard
Jul 3, 9:39 AM
Jul 2012
This anime was trash - the fight scene is a good example of a western company trying to hop on the "anime train" to cash in on the "younger generation".

The animation frames were set to half speed or something it's very jarring along with the OP that's even slower than that....

It's like I went and filmed the fight scene in my back yard as a home video. It's anime bro... go wild with it. Instead it looks like two guys trying to hit each other with a wet noodle.
Jul 3, 12:23 PM

Mar 2017
the dc isekai bizarre advenure :,)
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Jul 3, 5:40 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Huh, so this is a thing. Take the Suicide Squad brand and mix it with an isekai. I really thought at first glance at the title that this was fan made or a joke but it seems like I was far off.

The show's good, like actually better than it has any right to be from its premise. Sure, considering the involved characters you could say that they had to take a few liberties in interpretation and small details such as how did they get caught in the first place, but we're talking about questions surrounding the elephant in the room: isekai... suicide... squad... so I can let those slide.

I can also comment on how well the comedy banter between the cast is, how each seems to have their own distinct pressence and the way that plays into the fights, easily the best part of every episode. Gotta commend WIT Studio for their usual great job in the animation department but also now to the soundtrack as this one goes for a more western approach with jazzy and R&B vibes mixed in with the rest of the combat. The opening wasn't great in its track but that ending really was something else. Feels weird to have choreography with Mari Calliope singing in the vocals.

In any case, this is a weird and bizarre show who might probably piss off DC fans, isekai fans or whoever but I'm quite enjoying for what it is. Also, my only reference for the characters that aren't the Joker and Harley Quinn come from the Lego Batman games... so this portrayal doesn't bother me at all.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 3, 6:05 PM
Jun 2024
No se que mas puedo opinar acá, pero eso no significa que el anime me ha dejado de llamar la atención. Al igual que muchos probablemente, me vi los tres episodios de una, lo que pareció como si me hubiese visto un solo episodio de larga duración. Es una serie fantástica y original por lo demás, a la cual le veo bastante futuro, y espero que cuente con mas de 12 episodios.
Jul 4, 1:54 AM

Jul 2016
Rick regurgitating all the prison speak he learnt from the orc inmates while genuinely trying to have a sincere discussion was gold

The water tank strat from Clayface was cool too, dramatic mini trivia session and all.
Jul 4, 3:47 AM

Feb 2011
Holy shit I'm so happy I picked this up.

The crap from the first episode is gone thankfully. And the "Hey you dumb stank ass" lines had me in tears

King shark eating EVERYTHING is never going to get old for me. Harley is awesome, and the voice actors are incredible. What an insane line up.

5/5 episode

Jul 4, 9:42 AM

Mar 2024
this show is an absolute banger
this is not only the most fun I have had watching an isekai but I think it is safe to say this is the best superhero or I guess villain shite we got this year so far
Jul 4, 10:30 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The first three episodes have been solid so far and really nailed the chaotic vibes of the suicide squad. Looks like we got another MJ impersonator in Clayface.
Jul 4, 8:46 PM

Jul 2022
The episodes are getting better; it's exactly what I expected from such a... peculiar premise as putting the Suicide Squad in an isekai: chaotic and absurd fun. They also avoided the most annoying isekai tropes, so it's a good anime to turn off your brain and have a good time.

Poor Ratcatcher, having to endure all the nonsense Deadshot said while they were in prison. Her anger was understandable.

Jul 5, 7:46 PM
Jun 2012
Some

Of these scenes

Win on style points alone.

Great production value. With very noticeable quality to the scene composition and directing.
Jul 7, 5:11 PM

Apr 2020
Man... that compilation of Deadshot accidently trashing Ratguy, over and over again had me genuinely burst out laughing. That was funny 😂
Jul 9, 8:59 PM

May 2019
It looks like Rick didn't know that he was insulting the former hero guy but in hindsight learning bits of the local language from orcs wasn't the best idea but he probably didn't' have much of a choice. Also, Deadshot assuming the rat guy was his homie... rat guy probably thinking with friends like him who needs enemies.
Jul 9, 10:14 PM

Apr 2018
This is the weakest ep by far
Jul 11, 9:28 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Okay. I'm catching on a lot more. It's like a Saturday morning cartoon except they went the anime route so they can get away with attracting a more mature crowd. Looking at it like that, I can see why the overall plot seems more like something that just moves them around a bit and perhaps the character interactions, which is actually where I felt the strength of this anime was anyway, is more of the focus. Okay okay.

The Rat and Deadshot backstory had me laughing, as well as poor Rick Flag just angering the heck out of Cecil with bad words he learned. lol

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 12, 7:23 PM
Mar 2019
The different Squad members are split into two factions. I'm curious who else is on Katana's side.
Jul 15, 9:59 PM
Jan 2023
I don't even know what's going on in this anime 😭
Jul 19, 9:02 AM
Jul 2024
it is very funny. main characters activate freely and battle scene is very excited.
I look forward to next episode
Jul 28, 9:25 AM
Oct 2021
this series kinda good tho
Jul 28, 10:19 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Episode 3, and we start with exactly 30 hours left until the bombs go kaboom. Welp that's the flash forward for you.

Flag knows how to talk shit XD really stirring knights up with the dirty talk. But hey, I guess they did reach the negotiation throne. The pain of not knowing formal language from another world, and 0 clean translators. But magic is convenient enough to fix that.

Harley can keep being waifu, thank you very much. And they're finally getting a chance to roam outside. Still doing things Squad style, Flag yelling as he got booted out the door was all too fitting.

And all these guys dressed up look so stylish.

The magic is handy for this world though. Shark Man can heal his wounds so he can eat all. Harley gets super strength. Clayface is the Fullmetal Alchemist. And they're tasked with going to a battlefield to fix Waller's earlier mess.

Deadshot man... smack talking a dude isn't exactly homie material XD holy the things they did in prison. Nowhere near homies.

Kartana might be another waifu in the making with the things they could do. Clearly we have the forces stacked on all sides. Clayface gets to go ham with this kind of setup though. Clay is everywhere XD but I do want to see more Harley.
Aug 3, 4:19 PM

Jun 2015
Poor Rat got his jail life even further ruined by Deadshot. I dunno what he did to go to prison but that was too much bullying. 😥

Very nicely animated episode. It's not quite as clean as a top tier anime but I can see the effort. No frames are ever reused.

Aug 4, 12:43 PM

Mar 2010
Brah the way rat was bullied was funny asf,

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 6, 11:32 PM

Aug 2019
Deadshot has a weird definition of friendship lmao
Aug 16, 4:21 PM

Jan 2016
Wow, Rat turned evil, poor deadshot, this isekai is not treating him well.

I'm still triggered by start of last episode where everyone was speaking Japanese, and then magically forgot again. Well going forward should not have that issue anymore thanks to queen's magic (god, what is her fashion sense with those side lipstick et cetera).
Princess continues to have the hots for Harley. Elf like guy person is so mad LOL. That rooms royal or whatever are so dumb, ignoring fact they took over the prison.

So we got 2 opposing alliances both consisting of local and foreign people, then Amanda Waller showing her dance moves to conquer this land.
4/5, love the outfits, et cetera

Sep 25, 5:40 AM

Jun 2022
1) doesn't seem like they were broke for this , so why just a tune as opening . oh well , whatever!

2) animation didn't suit . fights , their faces look like inflated balloons at times .

3) annoying dance with the lady sealed the deal .

adios isekai! pick better characters for the squad next time .

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

85 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Oct 1, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

113 by RioFS »»
Oct 1, 12:44 PM

» Is it necessary to know the lore or can I watch it normally and understand it if I’m not too into (familiarized) DC?

0k_Cxz - Jun 28

25 by Nurguburu »»
Sep 27, 9:47 PM

» All 10 episodes are completed production and we still got this. They just don't care LOL

deg - Jul 20

36 by Nurguburu »»
Sep 27, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 27

73 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 25, 5:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.