Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 21, 7:49 AM
Oct 2021
great episode, love to see their next journey!
Jun 21, 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
its over... its so over...
wake me up when season 4 comes

Season 3 does feel a little bit different but a 10/10 regardless, Yuru Camp is Yuru Camp.
Jun 21, 4:07 PM

Sep 2017
Ahhh just like that it's over. Everyone talking shit about this season because of the new studio but I really didn't notice much. Maybe it's just cause it's been a while since I watched S2 or whatever was going on in my life at the time, but I feel I enjoyed this season more than 2. Whatever please just give us a S4.
Jun 21, 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
spring is super over this season was still great despite it's different vibe even with the new art/animation i got used to it by the end but the change of pace of not just camping made it feel a tad bit different while fresh

wholesome as ever 8/10 feel like we might be back for a season 4 this series just kinda works endlessly until they visit every touring spot in japan then the sequel is camping over seas lol
Jun 22, 12:24 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Oh, that sensei is great. I was already missing Dungeon Meshi since it had just finished, but thanks to the sensei and her culinary ideas I didn't miss my weekly dose of Dungeon Meshi at all.

I'd have wished a little bit more episodes of all the girls camping together, but it was a solid season, as it's usual with Yuru Camp.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 22, 4:02 AM
Mar 2018
A lovely finale! I thought the beginning was so funny, what with the spooky sounds and Chiaki's imagination running wild. XD

The rest was good, too, though I'm probably missing some cultural context for the meat jokes. ^^'

Sweet ending. <3
Jun 22, 5:38 AM
Dec 2022
The final episode of season 3. This has been a nice series on the camping trips around the Yamanashi area. Hope there is a season 4.
Jun 22, 6:05 AM

Mar 2012
Liked it because it's Yuru Camp and there's nothing that can compete with it in the CGDCT comfy genre.

But in retrospective, and after reading actual thoughs about the season in this thread instead of the usuals "animation is different due different studio" I'm starting to understand what was off for me.

One user said that being S3 it was hard to have "fresh" content for this type of show, but the problem is that it was too much of it.
Camping was the least highlighted thing in the show.
We had a looooooot of driving touristic routes with Ayane and Rin bridge trip (camping took almost not screentime on that arc), later with Rin's another adventure and in addition we could count the Kagamihara sisters cherry blossom tour.
Nadeshiko's solo camp was more about trains than camping.
Ena, Aki and Inuko's camping was some kind of strange comedy program + fever dream, again, with almost not camping.
Ena's chapter with Chikuwa was not about camping.
Aki's solo camping got branched into a ciclying chapter.
The final trip together took half an episode, while in past seasons it was the highpoint of the season with at least two full episodes.

So in the end, is the small things that pile up.
Is still Yuru Camp, both old and new characters are lovely as usual and the little "konichiwa" in bot utilities and ingredients will never get old. BUT without more camping, there's something missing.
Waifus only represent ideals
Jun 22, 10:04 AM

Feb 2016
THIS SHOW ENDING BROKES MY HEART
THE ENDING SONG ALMOST MADE ME CRY THIS TIME
AND THE POST-CREDITS SCENE WAS GREAT TOO
SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LAST EPISODE, WE EVEN GOT TO SEE AYA FOR A MOMENT
I ADORE THIS, YURU CAMP IS PEAK

Damn, I had forgotten that they go to a mixed school lmao ofc it will never happen, but I would like to see a guy join them, and I'm not talking about turning this into a love anime or anything, far from it, it's just that them having a buddy would be nice too, but as I said it will never happen and that's fine.

GIVE ME SEASON 4 ALREADY, I NEED THIS, IT'S MY EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIME OF CHOICE, FUCK
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jun 22, 10:53 AM

May 2015
Another wholesome season. I'll kinda miss it.
Jun 22, 2:27 PM
Jun 2017
So it's over, huh? As for many other people in this thread, I also feel that while still a decent and relaxing show, it was a step down compared to the previous seasons.

while it's difficult to put into words, the previous seasons, especially the 2nd, really gave the iyashikei vibe - the solo camps of Rin were moments of pure tranquility and solitude, the bigger trips were vibrant with the feeling of warmth and making unforgettable memories with your friends. There was some character growth, with Nadeshiko doing her first solo trip in her own, extrovert way, making friends along the way.

Unfortunately, I only felt glumpses of those vibes this season. Rins' character felt especially off for me, not only in terms of art, but also in terms of her dialogues and monologues, which felt quite shallow and too much tsukkomi-like.

The backgrounds looking like photos passed through AI animification filter certainly did not help the immersion.

All in all, again, it's still a relaxing show, but I hope to see more S2 in future S4, please!
Jun 23, 10:19 AM
Oct 2016
Loved this season so much. The beautiful scenery moments, voice acting, comedy and music still shine throughout the season. There were few scenes early on that look rushed but it definitely got better right after. We got to experience almost everyone in the group, camp on their own and and then together as group which was really nice. I loved the interactions between Nadeshiko’s excitement for more trips and Rin having lots of experience for them. I hope there’s a season 4 even though it’ll be a while before that even comes.
Jun 23, 10:20 AM

Jul 2012
Is it really the end now?
No sign of sequel, right?
I am tired of waiting for airing anime, for the anime that keeps on airing n airing every year 😑

Jun 23, 4:56 PM

Dec 2022
Another season come and gone too soon 😢 if felt like it just dropped not that long ago and now here we are at the end. This season was great as usual I can’t wait for the next season!

Jun 23, 5:34 PM

Oct 2022
I just think the studio behind S3 couldn't capture the dynamic mood and atmosphere of the first 2 seasons. The color grading and shading are pretty static as well. I don't feel as sucked into the world as prior. On a contrary, sometimes the characters feel like they're clashing against the background rather than being a part of it.

Also, the many, many shortcuts they used to skirt animation like excessive used of message chats and Rin's numerous CG driving scenes.

I hope the studio learned a lot and improved if there's ever another season.
Jun 23, 6:55 PM

Oct 2010
A weak finale that doesn't taint the overall experience to me but it is a bit symptomatic of the downgrade. This season was still great entertainment to me and every episode, including this one despite the feel of rushing through, has been thoroughly enjoyable. It has missed though the emotional beats of the previous seasons, and the new studio hasn't been able to fully capture what made the landscape art so good in Yuru Camp, leaving us with tons of beautiful landscapes that somehow do not have the warmth or the anticipation the C-Station production could effortlessly put into them with their panning and color composition.

I guess in part it may be to the source material being a little weaker in this part, for instance I could blame it for the lack of memorable moments in character development or strictly writing-wise, but overall it is definitely not as good as the rest of the franchise; it doesn't feel well wrapped up, for instance I don't think this last camping event should have been so anticipated if it was going to be resolved in a half-episode run or maybe that it shouldn't have been the last episode at all. But overall and with all the negatives it still was the comforting weekly experience I love, one that I looked forward to every episode, and one I can still be very fond of while being aware that it can do significantly better.

As for ratings, that would be a low 6, maybe 7-10 for this finale, and a definitely low for my Yuru Camp standards 9/10, 8 if I am harsher than I want to be, for the whole season. This is such a great series and even the idea that this season is a step below top tier level is complicated to me, but here we go.
Jun 23, 7:52 PM

Nov 2022
It's so funny to see Aoi...who always lies, being lied to by her own family.
Jun 23, 8:19 PM

Oct 2022
Wholesome anime, great season it was wonderful.
Jun 24, 12:59 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to CorbanEsp
Liked it because it's Yuru Camp and there's nothing that can compete with it in the CGDCT comfy genre.

But in retrospective, and after reading actual thoughs about the season in this thread instead of the usuals "animation is different due different studio" I'm starting to understand what was off for me.

One user said that being S3 it was hard to have "fresh" content for this type of show, but the problem is that it was too much of it.
We had a looooooot of driving touristic routes with Ayane and Rin bridge trip (camping took almost not screentime on that arc), later with Rin's another adventure and in addition we could count the Kagamihara sisters cherry blossom tour.
Nadeshiko's solo camp was more about trains than camping.
Ena, Aki and Inuko's camping was some kind of strange comedy program + fever dream, again, with almost not camping.
Ena's chapter with Chikuwa was not about camping.
Aki's solo camping got branched into a ciclying chapter.
The final trip together took half an episode, while in past seasons it was the highpoint of the season with at least two full episodes.

So in the end, is the small things that pile up.
Is still Yuru Camp, both old and new characters are lovely as usual and the little "konichiwa" in bot utilities and ingredients will never get old. BUT without more camping, there's something missing.
CorbanEsp said:

I did say (and still feel) that Season 3 wasn't very fresh, but you make a very good point.

After you listed them out like that, I realize the show was trying to add some variety, which I appreciate.

I guess my actual problem is that the "fresh" stuff simply wasn't very fresh or interesting.

We've seen a lot of driving in the past seasons already from Rin's perspective (she did the entire Izu camping trip on her own bike, while her friends took the van) and even a little bit from Sakura's perspective. Also, trains and cooking this season didn't feel as big and as satisfying a part of the story.

I also appreciate more how difficult it would be to stay fresh while still focusing on camping. Maybe retreading old ground is a better idea for Season 4, even.
Jun 24, 2:15 AM

Dec 2022
Another calming season of Yuru Camp! Hopefully, there will be more seasons.

They're in their second year now, so those two girls Ena met might become new members of the club.
Jun 24, 7:17 AM

Nov 2022
This show already ended and I am both happy and sad. Happy that I enjoyed this show as much as I expected and sad bcoz I won't be seeing the girls going out camping for a while now. Rin's character development of how she actually complimented on going out with everyone is very beautiful. I hope this show come back with a banger again.
Jun 24, 8:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All the girls camping together under the "sakura"!!!
Hilarious how started and his afraid for the "cats"!
kekeke
Jun 24, 10:00 AM

Oct 2022
I'm gonna miss these idiots.

See you guys in a few years.

Jun 24, 2:20 PM

May 2012
Sad that it has ended. Even though the season is a bit of a step down due to the art changes and deviating episode structure from previous two seasons, let alone not having the same person singing the opening song as the previous two seasons, it's still a nice season overall. Nice to see the whole gang together again for another group camp, perfect way to end the season.

Jun 24, 5:29 PM

Dec 2022
I can't believe it's over already. I hope we get a season 4 announcement in the future. Thanks to studio 8-Bit for bringing us Yuru-Camp and also the cast for voicing such lovely characters that make this show very wholesome and a joy to watch. Goodbye for now everyone!
Jun 26, 8:15 AM

Oct 2022
Love to see a slice-of-life series get more seasons; I find that the first few episodes take a while to ramp up and get used to the characters, but once the ball gets rolling every episode is a straight-up bomb of that good brain juice.

I love the chemistry between the characters and how each of them have their own little niche in the group; Rin with her lone wolf solo camping, Ena with her freespirited devil-may-care attitude, Aoi with her fluffy seyana prankster attitude, Aki being a crude cheapskate with exaggerated stylings, and Nadeshiko with her big golden retriever energy. Those distinct personalities reflect on their approach to camping too (touring, train, bike, car, etc.) and what sort of activities they like to do (read, cook, lie, drink, etc.), and I think it makes for a dynamic interactions that almost writes itself.

Looking forward to future stories, especially with the new first-years that were teased in the past few episodes.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jun 26, 5:09 PM

Dec 2022
Despite the artstyle change, It's still the good ol Yuru Camp and I throughly enjoyed it.
Jun 27, 12:30 AM

Mar 2007
That was ridiculously lovely. All the different ways to see a cherry blossom, sharing pictures and then a full moon through the cherry blossoms, aaaaah such beauty.

I felt very sad that this is the last episode, since I don't have any RL friends to go camping with. It seems like such a chillax hobby - good food, good scenery, good company and good times. Wish I could experience this with good friends.

Going to miss the weekly does of stress relief relaxation I get from watching this lovely anime.
Jun 27, 4:15 AM

Oct 2022
This season they looked a bit hesitant between becoming pure touristic promotion or embracing Shokudou ways.

Maybe they will make their mind up next season.

I vote for Shokudou.

Jun 28, 1:26 PM

Jul 2016
Today I learned what "Jingisukan" is. Quite the interesting way to grill meat, I must say.
Also Aoi, the troll of the group, being tricked one last time before the season ends? What's happening? xD

Lovely finale though I would have preferred this last camping trip with everyone to be tackle in two or even three episodes just like in previous seasons.
Anyways, it was still another pretty good season of Yuru Camp. Ayano received a lot more screen-time, which I loved, and also gotta say that despite the change in studio, both atmosphere and comfy vibes remained as well-handled as always.

8,5/10 -> 8/10 - Hoping for more Yuru Camp content in the near future.
Jun 29, 4:00 AM

Sep 2014
Lol they censored the frog meat.

Mini Inuko is here, only Aya is missing for the whole squad! Nadeshiko needs to bring her sister too.

This season grew on me over time, but I was just not feeling it during the early episodes.
I just enjoyed the other 2 season more for some reason.

The new characters they introduced earlier seemed fun, I bet they will join the cast if they appeared again here. Looking forward to it next season. (There will be a next season, right?)

After reading some comments here I think I get what felt off to me this season, they barely focused on the camping. It felt like a cooking show at times even.
Biggest issue for me though was how the episodes were distributed. I dont want to talk about pacing in a SoL show, but having multiple episodes for one trip in which half the cast was absent and only giving us half an episode for the group camping which was always the highlight in earlier seasons is odd.

For me the cast works best when they can interact and I dont mean writing messages. Rins solo camping trips were fun, but IIRC they never just ignored the other characters during them. Here everytime they focused on a part of the group I really noticed how much I miss the rest of the cast.
And yeah it did feel a bit too much like a tourism ad at times.

The low point was definitely the bridge arc which seemed to take half the season, though admittedly I barely remember any of the other "arcs".

7/10 from me, just not quite as engaging as the other seasons.

PS: I just noticed I never watched the last episode of season 2, so I will do that later today and see if the difference really is that big.
Comander-07Jun 29, 4:39 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 30, 8:23 AM

Jan 2021
It was a good season although i still liked S1 more, my favourite season in fact.

Any rumours about a Season 4 approval?
Jul 2, 6:51 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
I think I start to getting bored watching this anime, it's not as exciting as the 2 previous seasons at all, kind of bland and the comedy is not funny at all, maybe just watching it not in the right time or this series is too milked till it became boring and I started to see their expression Strangely weird
Jul 2, 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to Destroyer31
I think I start to getting bored watching this anime, it's not as exciting as the 2 previous seasons at all, kind of bland and the comedy is not funny at all, maybe just watching it not in the right time or this series is too milked till it became boring and I started to see their expression Strangely weird
@Destroyer31 It's because of direction. 8bit ruined this adaptation as bad as they only could. Everything is way worse. They couldn't even make Nadeshiko's reactions properly. One of the biggest downgrades ever after studio change to be honest.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 15, 1:44 PM
Dec 2014
Loved watching this series, hopefully they make a fourth season in the future.
Aug 21, 10:35 PM

Jan 2022
S3 is as good as S1-S2 in its own way, though I still think the Yuru Camp anime should've stopped with the movie. But it isn't too bad. There's a more visible story thread in S3 than in the C-Station seasons, with the lede into an S4 (the kouhais) that I think would be similarly structured to the first few K-On episodes with Azunyan in the club.

It has the best OP and second-best ED though.
mo_laveAug 21, 10:40 PM
Aug 26, 6:56 AM

Oct 2010
Reply to mo_lave
S3 is as good as S1-S2 in its own way, though I still think the Yuru Camp anime should've stopped with the movie. But it isn't too bad. There's a more visible story thread in S3 than in the C-Station seasons, with the lede into an S4 (the kouhais) that I think would be similarly structured to the first few K-On episodes with Azunyan in the club.

mo_lave said:

That I absolutely not accept. I will fight with all the ferocity of a quiet slice of life fan!

But seriously I think the best OP is still 1st season and the best ED 2nd season. This season they were also good though.
Sep 26, 5:46 AM

Feb 2012
Damn the last episode really carrying hard the whole season.
Oct 10, 2:14 PM

May 2020
Sad to say that I haven't commented any episodes of Yuru Camp, I was hoping I could be immersed with the camping time as it was airing but I got a lot of things to do in life ;-;
The show itself it's not as good as the previous seasons, the art-style for the anime takes a lot of times to get used to and I think it fits a lot better for the manga, the animation as well is a lot weaker. But issues outside, it's still Yuru Camp and I can't be mad about it. It's comfy, relaxing and cute and it's enough of what I need during these difficult and busy times. And the OP might actually be the best one of the series ✨

Overall: 7.9/10
I don't know if this is the end of the Camping girls, but I'm glad that three seasons for them exist already!

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

62 by Matheus050 »»
Oct 13, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

66 by Matheus050 »»
Oct 1, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18

75 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 27, 2:32 PM

» Show about cooking now?

TurnipFan - Jul 6

15 by Shadow_Reaper13 »»
Sep 25, 1:45 AM

» Im disappointed

Mr_Sai - Oct 2, 2023

27 by souraia »»
Sep 23, 5:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.