Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 1, 3:54 AM
May 2012
Reply to Mainnus
Ah Rin solo camp and Nadeshiko cherry blossom road trip, relaxing as ever. Rin committed crime against Italy
@Mainnus

Why committing a crime when you can just do this

If your pot is even smaller just wait a half minute holding the pasta that is sticking out, wait until the pasta inside the boiling water is soft enough to bend, you can stir with a fork or chopsticks to not burn the pasta touching the pot hot edge.
Jun 1, 8:04 AM

Oct 2022
Shima Rin must've gotten plenty of angry letters from Italians after her first spaghetti dish back in season 1 lol

Jun 1, 9:00 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to SirNuts
@Mainnus I'm Italian and I laughed my ass off
@SirNuts I had to look this up since I never heard of it before. 🤓

Jun 1, 5:05 PM

Feb 2022
When Rin split the spaghetti sticks, an Italian died somewhere.
Jun 1, 8:11 PM

Sep 2010
Reply to Mainnus
Ah Rin solo camp and Nadeshiko cherry blossom road trip, relaxing as ever. Rin committed crime against Italy
@Mainnus You want to talk crimes against Italy? Try dumping canned spaghetti on a pizza base and adding canned pineapple.

I wonder if the way this scene was written in season 3, being slightly different to the way it was written in season 1, is a sign of anime becoming more sensitive or aware of how cultures outside of Japan might think or react. Or.. it's not like awareness of a taboo for breaking spaghetti could have become so much more widespread in the last 6 years, right?
TakataJun 1, 8:20 PM
Jun 2, 9:11 AM
Sep 2016
Best girl, Kagamihara Sakura, returns!!!! Although, Sakura-chan went on a Sakura hanami ride with Nadeshiko seems kinda like a boomer joke.... wwwww (both Sakura and Nadeshiko are names of flowers native to Japan)

Well, at least Rin-chan have the decency to look left-right first for any italians before breaking the pasta. Unlike a certain barbarian group an episode prior.... wwwwww

Also this EP has reminded me, throughout all of these 3 seasons, not even a half a year has passed!!!! Season 1 started somewhere in early winter (or very late fall), and now we finally on very early spring.... Whew.... And the group are so tightly knit together, it felt like they've been buddies for long.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 2, 9:14 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Takata
I thought there's no way Japan could look this empty and deserted in the cherry blossom season.

That soundtrack while Rin is in the bath... feels like I haven't heard it for a while. ^^

I got a little confused though. So... Rin's trip to Mt Jinbagata campground in season 1, which aired about 6 years ago, is only supposed to be about 4 months ago in-universe?
Compare that to, Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai, airing this season. Episode 1 aired about 2 months ago, but close to 10 months has supposedly passed in-universe. @.@ (Although if it wanted to remind you of how quickly youth passes by, that kind of time dilation might be quite effective.)
@Takata Yep, that checks out. They've been winter camping these entire 3 seasons after all... so...
And yes, such realisation also shocks me this EP.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 2, 8:21 PM
Oct 2019
John Wick!! What the Hell LMAO

Girl + Girl = GARLIC!! 🧄

Also Rin committed a crime against Italians, MAMA MIA!!
Jun 4, 7:40 AM
Mar 2024
Avert your eyes, Italians
Jun 6, 2:07 PM

Nov 2016
I'm craving some one-pot-pasta now. I wouldn't offend the italians, tho xD The garlic gag was also funny.

Very nice Rin focussed episode. I swear, solo camping is on my bucket list. Hope I'll find a nice place for myself.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 6:59 AM

Oct 2017
That onee san dropping the sugar like crazy once age was mentioned lol. You are still young girl no worries. Was fun watching Nadeshiko with Sakura san.
Jun 7, 10:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The "Hanabi" is there and the girls like to visit "sakuras"!!!!
2 ways to enjoy the cherry trees!!!
kekeke
Jun 8, 4:03 AM

May 2015
Let's go to see the Sakura trees !
Jun 8, 1:20 PM

Nov 2018
I usually don't follow these aspects, but I couldn't help being impressed with the animation and graphics. Rin's scooter moved as if it were reality, and the Sakura flowers seemed to be photos, not drawings! :O
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jun 13, 7:40 AM

Jul 2017
The best time for camping is through the seasonal changes, and since Rin only just got her license (at the time), it's her first solo trip in quite a while.

Rin being alone to the campsite with cherry blossoms, though there're people doing the same, it's some desolate time for said girl herself, alongside a couple on their resting spot. Amidst the great-looking bridges, seeing trash be just needlessly littered doesn't fit favorably with Rin, which is where the couple approaches her for her help. Both Kotani and his partner Ogawa being new campers (with that ever so elusive John Wick reference to hunt senseless people down), it's certainly a feeling for Rin's justification to help preserve the space that's not handled by people. Rin trying to cook pasta, and Italians would ABSOLUTELY be infuriated with her splitting raw pasta strings into two lols. But since this is for a small pot, anything goes for delicious food and gorgeous scenery.

The Kagamihara sisters going to see the cherry blossoms, and giving herself the challenge to climb up flights of stairs, Nadeshiko's a real tough girl. Going around in the car to see the various sceneries, it's rather awkward driving a car and having no space to park it, but oh well. Eventually they find space at Mt. Minobu, and purses around the area with glee. As for Rin, she almost overslept, and is on the road again back up the steep hills, stopping for a quick bath at a mountain hot spring. Thinking about Nadeshiko, she's always been the one to offer Rin camping trips, but the latter hasn't made a move yet on her. The coincidental meet with Ogawa camping on a road bike, that's more effort than the typical moped.

Hope to see both Kotani and Ogawa soon in another camp, as the cherry blossom camp continues.
Jun 18, 10:09 PM

Mar 2018
its crazy how it was 6 years for us but only 4 months in anime... damn im getting old
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Jun 23, 8:43 PM

Mar 2007
So ... I'm sure some people are super upset that Rin "broke the spaghetti" in two. Which I sometimes do when I'm using the smaller pot. I know it's supposed to be a cardinal sin for Italian cooking but really it doesn't affect the taste of the final product IRL (at least not that I've experienced). And when it was finished, that spaghetti looks delicious.

Then this anime threw a surprise Keanu in - one should always leave no trace of one's camp behind, like an assassin (haha John Wick). How am I supposed to not LOVE this series after an episode with food and a great Keanu cameo?
Jun 29, 10:03 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Yes, Italians watching 💀 But just because she's Rin I'll forgive her... for the secon time!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

81 by falko92 »»
Yesterday, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

55 by Ten »»
Jun 28, 3:11 PM

» Unannounced ova episode?

deaknaew - Jun 27

5 by MisfitOtaku »»
Jun 27, 2:58 PM

» Im disappointed

Mr_Sai - Oct 2, 2023

23 by Kuroniiro »»
Jun 26, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6

55 by Stormy_77 »»
Jun 25, 1:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.