Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 26, 11:16 AM

Feb 2019
Holllly shit. We follow up what I thought was the best episode already with another absolute banger. The drama finally coming to a head. Only Kyoani could do this on a weekly basis.

The tension with Kumiko and Mayu has been one of my fave things in the series overall. I love some good drama and I also think the competition between the two of them is great for Kumiko’s overall development. Having someone who’s naturally got an edge on her just gives her that extra oomph she needs to grow.

It was always only a matter of time before things boiled over like in the changing room. “Are you telling me you’d be chosen if you don’t forfeit?” 😭 well you know what they say, be careful what you wish for..

I know Mayu has good intentions and genuinely just doesn’t want any of the established Kitauji people getting hurt, but how she words and says things come off really patronising and pretentious, even if she’s correct about her own abilities.

But on that same token, you can’t be too mad at her because Kumiko didn’t really welcome her into the club the way she should’ve either so what other thing could Mayu think besides “damn she must be worried I’ll take her spot” it’s an unfortunate but really realistic situation tbf.

What’s more, I wonder how this’ll affect chemistry within the group with Kanade not being chosen and now Mayu over the president. Taki said it’s not just about individuals, but how they slot into the whole group.. but if Reina and Kumiko have 3 years of chemistry.. kinda hard to replicate that. We’ll see how it goes!

Really curious about what Midori got told by Motomu now too.. you know it’s bad when Reina gives up her precious gift from Taki sensei to cheer Midori up..
Marinate1016May 26, 11:53 AM
May 26, 11:34 AM

Aug 2020
With the last opportunity of reaching the Nationals for our group, comes the last training camp. And it had interesting moments, such as Motomu's confession and... the final selection. That was unexpected. I was surprised. It's like Mayu created such conflict to leave Kumiko hesitant, to hers and Reina's surprise. So how will it be from now on...?

May 26, 11:46 AM

Jul 2016
What a rich episode!

Kanade is still trying to pick a fight with a now-chilled Motomu. Kanade is like your cat who likes to pick fights with other critters and people. You have to go pick them up while they're still hissing while you tell them "No no George don't taunt the other cats please". Her being friends with Ririka is so cute and they play off each other perfectly.

Mayu likes Kanade because she's brutally honest makes sense. Kanade has nothing to hide about her feelings on things and in fact likes to make them very well known as Natsuki can attest to. Mayu doesn't have to play guessing games with what she's really thinking about.

There's a clever scene at the dinner table with Mayu carefully adjusting to hold the spoon while she is equally cautious in asking Kumiko whether she wants to play the solo part. Just small details that Kyoani excels at.

We have the debut of the Ultimate Rare Character Mad!Kumiko. I feel she still hasn't grasped the full situation yet on Mayu and the rest of the band and it almost having a deffering attitude towards Mayu.

This episode has made clear the fact that Kumiko is actually a bit obsessive over getting gold at Nationals. It's subconscious and she herself doesn't notice it yet but it's there. Think about the last few episodes when she's interacting with the other characters like Sally and Motomu. She's genuinely helpful and eager to listen to their troubles but she also always weaves in a "do it for the band" clause to the dialogue - again, subconsciously. At the end of the pool scene last episode Mayu seems to have caught that given her strong instincts. Now that Kumiko has lost her ground to literally no-one's fault but her own it's clear she hasn't grown nearly as much as we all hoped she had. Reina also has a similar obsession which is probably rubbed off on Kumiko but, unlike Kumiko, she has boundless confidence and charisma to back it up.

Kanade not being selected in favour of a fourth Tuba was the more surprising twist. That's the part that actually makes me feel anxious about Mayu. I don't doubt that this practical choice by Taki-sensei was made with Ryuusei in mind.

Btw can we just appreciate how great the OP sequence for this season is? The opening part where the camera passes over the bass section members uses such clever movement for your eyes to follow and it's very aesthetically pleasing.

Edit: Another small detail is the use of a spider's web as symbolism. We saw this being used for Asuka in season 2's famous episode 10 when Kumiko confronted Asuka. Now it's used for Kumiko's dire situation. What great reincorporation.
raisin-kunMay 26, 10:55 PM
May 26, 12:09 PM
Oct 2020
Yeah saw this coming. Mayu will be playing the solo. What was surprising for me was that Kanade is not playing. Now lets see what drama will happen next week. Will Reina question her perfect Taki sensei? Probably some backlash from the new kids. And most importantly hows Kumiko going to be next week? I'm still glad Mayu tried her best though. Respect to her she said hey if I play I'm going to take that part from you. She said Nah, I'd Win and she won. She isn't looking down on Kumiko she just knows she's better. I do think it is annoying though. Forfeit if you really want. Don't ask her 10 times every episode lol. Especially to your competitor it can be seen as rude condescending etc.

May 26, 1:22 PM

Jan 2022
The "Nah, I'd win" conversation fits Kumiko more because she was shook by the audition results.

May 26, 1:39 PM

Nov 2021
I knew it was coming because of all the build up but it was still painful.. my heart literally sank at the end
May 26, 2:40 PM

Mar 2022
Though it hurts, but I think this is a good thing for Kumiko's growth. I believe Kumiko is not inferior to Mayu skill-wise, but Mayu is more consistent as of now while Kumiko is a bit weighed down by her emotions, as the club president who must do the right thing and as a player who's worried about losing and not being able to perform the solo with her best and most special friend.

I believe and hope this will ignite the fire in Kumiko once more to hyper-focus on improving and take the part back for the national competition.
May 26, 6:04 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to raisin-kun
What a rich episode!

Kanade is still trying to pick a fight with a now-chilled Motomu. Kanade is like your cat who likes to pick fights with other critters and people. You have to go pick them up while they're still hissing while you tell them "No no George don't taunt the other cats please". Her being friends with Ririka is so cute and they play off each other perfectly.

Mayu likes Kanade because she's brutally honest makes sense. Kanade has nothing to hide about her feelings on things and in fact likes to make them very well known as Natsuki can attest to. Mayu doesn't have to play guessing games with what she's really thinking about.

There's a clever scene at the dinner table with Mayu carefully adjusting to hold the spoon while she is equally cautious in asking Kumiko whether she wants to play the solo part. Just small details that Kyoani excels at.

We have the debut of the Ultimate Rare Character Mad!Kumiko. I feel she still hasn't grasped the full situation yet on Mayu and the rest of the band and it almost having a deffering attitude towards Mayu.

This episode has made clear the fact that Kumiko is actually a bit obsessive over getting gold at Nationals. It's subconscious and she herself doesn't notice it yet but it's there. Think about the last few episodes when she's interacting with the other characters like Sally and Motomu. She's genuinely helpful and eager to listen to their troubles but she also always weaves in a "do it for the band" clause to the dialogue - again, subconsciously. At the end of the pool scene last episode Mayu seems to have caught that given her strong instincts. Now that Kumiko has lost her ground to literally no-one's fault but her own it's clear she hasn't grown nearly as much as we all hoped she had. Reina also has a similar obsession which is probably rubbed off on Kumiko but, unlike Kumiko, she has boundless confidence and charisma to back it up.

Kanade not being selected in favour of a fourth Tuba was the more surprising twist. That's the part that actually makes me feel anxious about Mayu. I don't doubt that this practical choice by Taki-sensei was made with Ryuusei in mind.

Btw can we just appreciate how great the OP sequence for this season is? The opening part where the camera passes over the bass section members uses such clever movement for your eyes to follow and it's very aesthetically pleasing.

Edit: Another small detail is the use of a spider's web as symbolism. We saw this being used for Asuka in season 2's famous episode 10 when Kumiko confronted Asuka. Now it's used for Kumiko's dire situation. What great reincorporation.
raisin-kun said:

Also S1E12 after Taki says to have Asuka play the part alone that was giving Kumiko trouble. Kumiko has her inner monolog and then the screen shows the butterfly trapped in the web.
I feel like it applies more to this situation than the spider web in season 2, because Kumiko breaks out of being stuck in that episode. Where in S1 and here, she doesn't really get a chance. She just realizes the situation she's in and has to perform better next time.
May 26, 7:31 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to KnockturnalNOR
Who didn't see this plot point coming from a mile away? That being said there needs to be some adversity in a story or else there can be no development or character development so who can complain. I still think this is by far the most down to earth and realistic anime in a while, it's so easy to get engrossed and invested in the characters
@KnockturnalNOR The problem I have with this season so far is that there has been so little actual music. We have not seen these characters playing much if at all, so it becomes difficult to be invested in any drama. In the first season, we got plenty of scenes with students practicing so we could hear the differences between the players, but not this time.

May 26, 7:51 PM

May 2021
Well this was a very emotional episode. I feel intense anxiety this season. Absolutely crazy new setup for auditions for each competition. Just know that Kanade is furious right. Quick shoutout to Satsuki for sneaking in with the tubas for this upcoming performance. I felt a weird mix of emotions when we got news that Hazuki was gonna play and she wasn't. I like them both a lot and would like to see them both play. We got that in this next performance so I'm thankful.

The big break this episode was obviously Kumiko not getting the soli. That was hard to swallow for sure, the uneasiness was real. Mayu didn't seem that thrilled about it either but I guess she had the sound that Taki sensei wanted so she gets to rip it. I am genuinely looking forward to hearing what Reina has to say about all of this.

More Midori x Motomu content. I think we are all thinking the same thing about this, but I don't want to jump the gun and assume something was said that wasn't. We will just have to wait and see what happens between them in the next few episodes.

GG's Kyoani again, this show is amazing. I'm here for whatever happens next.
May 26, 10:59 PM
Mar 2019
Finally, there's a legitimate challenge.It can't be smooth sailing althroughout. I think this the conflict that's needed to make everyone better.
May 27, 12:04 AM

Jul 2013
I view this as Sensei handing Mayu the win in order to whip Kumiko back into shape, because there's no way anyone could convince me that Mayu is the better pair to Reina. It's obvious that Kumiko needs some wake up slap after letting the drama get into her head too much.
May 27, 1:27 AM

May 2023
Midori i think that motomu has a different feeling when looking at Midori i just think that Motomu sees Midori as an older sister or senior in his eyes, and kanade idk just if Motomu sees Midori that much means i hope Motomu will fall in love with Kanade.

Damn smug Kanade suddenly disappeared when she heard she didn't make it, Mayu what do you really mean, Kumiko said "Nah, i'd win" in her heart when she heard the soloist but yeah man FUCK.
May 27, 2:14 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly and even though I like that Kumiko x Reina chemistry, I still think Mayu is great too.
I just hate that some people sees her as a villainess when she is just genuinely good with the eufo and also is doing her best to be a kind girl.

On the other hand, I support Kanade x Motomu ship than with Midori.
I mean, it's obvious that Motomu sees her as a sister or master.
May 27, 3:01 AM

Mar 2017
Mayu girl, I know you have some backstory, but it would actually stir someone's emotion and affect their performance if you repeatedly said, "Should I forfeit?" at them  T___T

This series accurately depicts how what you view as being kind and considerate can sometimes be harmful to others.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 27, 3:04 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Parkrover
Honestly and even though I like that Kumiko x Reina chemistry, I still think Mayu is great too.
I just hate that some people sees her as a villainess when she is just genuinely good with the eufo and also is doing her best to be a kind girl.

On the other hand, I support Kanade x Motomu ship than with Midori.
I mean, it's obvious that Motomu sees her as a sister or master.
@Parkrover Based. I think people are giving Mayu too much flak. I understand that she’s the new girl who stole Kumiko’s thunder for the solo, but she’s far from the antagonistic figure some people make her out to be. If Kitauji is all about meritocracy, then why is it suddenly a problem that Mayu is better? Doesn’t this give Kumiko more of a reason to improve? I think she has been lagging behind a bit lately, as Reina also pointed out, so having a worthwhile competitor is just what she needs to realize her potential.

Kumiko is one of my favorite characters, but I also really like what they’re doing with Mayu. It’s obvious she knows how good she is and doesn’t want to upend the status quo at Kitauji, which is why she’s so reluctant to give it her all. Now that Kumiko has urged her to do her best, I just wonder if a crisis of confidence will follow. Kumiko has to defend Mayu against the other members of the band, as we’ve seen the ruckus the results caused. First and second years are already ambivalent about Taki’s judgment, so the next episode will show us if Kumiko can uphold what she’s worked to achieve as buchou - a main band where only the first-rate members will perform.
May 27, 5:05 AM

Mar 2024
I like how KyoAni did the audition results: although i expected Mayu to win, it was still exciting to wait for the results announcements. At some moment i even thought that the authors would take the simpler route and choose Kumiko, but of course they made the situation as tense as possible. Its interesting to see what happens next.

Mayu is definitely the best girl of the 3 season as i knew from the beginning.
May 27, 7:57 AM

Oct 2017
Mayu so OP that she's pitying her competitor 💢💢💢

May 27, 8:08 AM
Sep 2016
Euph soli: Kuroe Mayu. I've seen it from miles away, the flags are everywhere this EP and previous ones, but still.... Dun! Dun! Duuunnn!

Midori x Motomu: did... the ship just sank!? what happened there!?
Or rather, did another ship, A.K.A Kanade x Motomu, is currently queued for production instead!?

Well, at least Sacchan make it.... But Kanande missed the spot instead.... That being said tho, Tsubame literally has become a marimba maester, since Ensemble Contest-hen, isn't she?
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 27, 9:38 AM

Jan 2011
I'm thinking what is the rationale of even having an audition during a training camp? That's clearly gonna cause a lot of bitterness and drama and demoralize a lot of members

Anyways will be interesting to see the aftermath of the result announcement next week
May 27, 10:43 AM

Nov 2019
Mayu: Stand proud Kumiko, you were strong

People be hating her for actually being realistic. Though obviously the drama buildup was subpar till this episode.

Mama knows this is an ensemble. She knows chemistry is important in a band, especially between Kumiko and Reina. She is considerate and its even hinted that by being so might be the only way she will be accepted by others. But she also has confidence in her skills and wants to play. That is why she was so agitated. The only sin she commited was keeping on stressing out Kumiko right upto the audition. That's a human being for you.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 27, 6:47 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah... it was pretty clear that Mayu wasn't talking shit for nothing. Still, I still don't get her character. I think she want to be as nice as she acts, but actually isn't. At the same time, she knows she should, but can't. I don't think she has ill will. I think she knows she should be getting attached to the other people around her, but doesn't. She might not actually care about any of them, even though she wants to.
May 27, 10:21 PM

Apr 2023
We all saw this coming...

What's irritating me is Reina's growing obsession with Taki-sensei... She was about to keep the soda for herself just because it was his. Calm your ass, girl, this is getting sick. If she finds one of his underwear, she might take it to sniff it, just like Rudeus and his sacred relic... 🙄😂
May 28, 12:40 AM
May 2022
Reply to kuroneko99
I'm rather anxious for the incidents between Midori and the boy.
@kuroneko99 why would you consider the script to be trash if she got it back? If they just give it back to her then yeah it would but if she does better on the next audition and got it back that way then i wouldnt think it would be trash
May 28, 1:22 AM

Nov 2010
gunny92 said:
@kuroneko99 why would you consider the script to be trash if she got it back? If they just give it back to her then yeah it would but if she does better on the next audition and got it back that way then i wouldnt think it would be trash
Because it's too predictable and easy solution for a story. But real world is not so easy and I'd rather want to see how the protagonist overcomes the harsh reality even if she can't get the player position back.
May 28, 1:49 AM
May 2022
Reply to kuroneko99
gunny92 said:
Because it's too predictable and easy solution for a story. But real world is not so easy and I'd rather want to see how the protagonist overcomes the harsh reality even if she can't get the player position back.
@kuroneko99 it was also predictable that she wouldn't be picked for the solo. This could be her moment where she really pushes herself and decides on what she wants to do. Peoples ideas get rejected all the time and fail in life and then have a comeback story. It doesn't make the story any less if she puts in the work and gets it back in the next audition.
May 28, 2:04 AM

Nov 2010
gunny92 said:
@kuroneko99 it was also predictable that she wouldn't be picked for the solo. This could be her moment where she really pushes herself and decides on what she wants to do. Peoples ideas get rejected all the time and fail in life and then have a comeback story. It doesn't make the story any less if she puts in the work and gets it back in the next audition.
It's my opinion and you have yours.
May 28, 2:07 AM
May 2022
Reply to kuroneko99
gunny92 said:
It's my opinion and you have yours.
@kuroneko99 i agree. i was just curious on your take of why
May 28, 7:06 AM

Jul 2021
the way things have turned out isn't at all good for the members' morale and mental health. you can aim to choose the better person every time but you're forgetting that you're dealing with human and not machines. opinions on matters like these matter and sometimes you have to bend out of your way in a certain direction.

what we have seen with the euphs part is tragic to say the least, not as much for the viewers but a lot for kumiko, mayu, kanade, reina and the rest of the band as well. i just hope that things don't get sour between mayu and the rest of the band. i'm sure kumiko and her friends won't do anything or bear any resentment but the juniors are sure to feel and think what mayu always feared.

kumiko has come to face a great challenge.

the oncoming drama is going to be world class, i just know it. really looking forward to next week's episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 28, 12:39 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to RedMoonProject
@KnockturnalNOR The problem I have with this season so far is that there has been so little actual music. We have not seen these characters playing much if at all, so it becomes difficult to be invested in any drama. In the first season, we got plenty of scenes with students practicing so we could hear the differences between the players, but not this time.
@RedMoonProject I fully agree. I rewatched the movies (Aoi Tori, Movie 3: Chikai no Finale, and Enseble Concert-hen) and I loved how much music they showed. Like an entire piece played out to the full. Then in the series they hype up a performance, and it just literally happens off-screen. I guess there isn't time to show every concert... too much plot to cover
KnockturnalNORMay 29, 8:08 AM
May 28, 1:24 PM

May 2015
Reply to KnockturnalNOR
@RedMoonProject I fully agree. I rewatched the movies (Aoi Tori, Movie 3: Chikai no Finale, and Enseble Concert-hen) and I loved how much music they showed. Like an entire piece played out to the full. Then in the series they hype up a performance, and it just literally happens off-screen. I guess there isn't time to show every concert... too much plot to cover
@KnockturnalNOR I think it also has a lot to do with Naoko Yamada leaving as well. There's been a considerable drop in musical performances since Tatsuya Ishihara took over as sole director
billybubMay 28, 1:49 PM
May 28, 4:13 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah, some big shakeups here but nothing too surprising. I figured Mayu had to get the soli here. It seems very likely the Kumiko will get it back for nationals, so it's really about how are they going to get to that point. Kanada not making the cut was not nearly as obvious that it was gonna happen, but it's still nothing crazy unexpected. Looking forward to seeing how all this plays out.
May 28, 4:15 PM

Jan 2022
I prefer that Kumiko won the second audition and lose the third, but maybe that requires an emotional maturity that's way beyond their ages.
May 29, 12:12 AM
Aug 2016
Softhenic03 said:
The training camp characters who make their appearance only when these people go for a… training camp, sure having it rough getting familiar with new faces every year lol. Though that being one thing, and this audition being another, I’m now finding it really difficult whenever they’re giving that unneeded attention to Mayu. Like man, does she have a really sad backstory, did her dog die in the past or what? Why is she roaming around with that look on her face… because she thinks if she gave her best Kumiko would fail to make the cut????? Lmaoooo, this girl.

This drama with Mayu clearly overstayed its welcome, to the point where we’re well into the insufferable territory. Very thankful they didn’t try to set-up one more with the Motomu and Midori thing. As I mean audition results were moore than to enough to deal with in the end. Kanade didn’t make the cut first, let it be who cares, but they denied Kumiko from soli part… what????

As fucking expected Mayu is the one… really man, the predictability of drama in this series which will lead to just more of unnecessary drama now. FUCK.

Even with the whole drama and Mayu situation, I never thought kumiko was not going to be chosen! I was really shocked when I saw the episode LMAO
May 29, 7:08 AM
Jun 2007
Kanade wasnt selected and Kumiko wasnt for soloist really shocked the whole team.
Mayu really "pwn" em all.
Moar intensifying dramas ahead.
May 29, 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
It was heartbreaking seeing Kumiko almost reflexively replied "yes" to Taki-sensei's soloist announcement. I'm sure the world in her eyes is spinning when she realizes she is not chosen. It's bad that Mayu flexes on everyone but it's worse that she means no harm. I mean what can you do? She spoke her mind, held herself back, and even offered to forfeit the audition. Kumiko is having it better than Kaori because now, she has another (one more iirc) chance to take the soloist position whereas Kaori lost her one and only chance.

I'm glad Kanade failed though. She needs to be taught a lesson for being too cheeky and cocky.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 29, 9:34 AM

Jun 2016
who let a monkey choosen play solo eufo LOL
May 29, 9:08 PM

Jul 2016
Let's go, Tuba! Hell yeah! My girl Hazuki was chosen to play for a second time.

Oh, yeah... and Kumiko didn't get the solo, as anyone with logical thinking expected. Guess the only surprising part here was Kanade not even forming part of the performing group.

Anyways, really looking forward to Reina's reaction next episode. She's gonna be either disappointed or pissed at Kumiko. Nothing in between.
May 30, 8:23 PM

Aug 2020
Although the result was obvious, yet it was shocking. Specially by the way Kumiko was already prepared to accept the nomination like whaaaa
May 31, 3:35 AM

May 2015
KUMIKO JUST FAILED ? WHAT ???!!!
May 31, 4:56 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Shaka-bun
We all saw this coming...

What's irritating me is Reina's growing obsession with Taki-sensei... She was about to keep the soda for herself just because it was his. Calm your ass, girl, this is getting sick. If she finds one of his underwear, she might take it to sniff it, just like Rudeus and his sacred relic... 🙄😂
@Shaka-bun Wow, thank God I wasn't the only person thinking this. I was wondering if she'd collect the air he breathes in tupperware or something...
May 31, 9:29 PM

Aug 2011
mayu is so annoying. she kept pushing kumiko to tell her it's 'ok to hold back' but it's obvious no normal person would agree to that. kumiko didn't know how to handle mayu, since she basically said 'i'm going to win are you sure you don't want me to let you win instead?' like what are you even supposed to say to that? no wonder kumiko was always on edge around her.
Jun 1, 3:09 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to farlig
i swear to god if they don't give kumiko the solo part back by finals i will commit unspeakable acts
@farlig Same here !!
Jun 1, 5:04 PM

Oct 2009
I was waiting for Kuroe to finally spin the drama she was potentially about to stir and now it is HERE.

I mean they intentionally make her so vague in what she really think. She is a people pleaser to a fault but she also isn't a mean person but her inability to decide on one thing is actually what makes her a bit intimidating. If she can play better, she definitely deserves the part. I guess she just feels guilty because she do not need to try too hard to get that perfect tone. The one holding her back was her people pleasing and fear of the drama of somebody else stealing the 'main character' title
Jun 6, 3:02 AM

Feb 2019
Reina and Kumiko after finishing the executive meeting were very cute when they said they didn't want to be warned not to wake up late by Shuuichi, especially Kumiko's face when she said 同感 ^^

I knew this was gonna happen. But I have faith that in the Nationals, it will once again be Kumiko.

Still love Kanade, the Force of Chaos Incarnate.
Jun 6, 4:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Oh, noooo, Kumiko lost the solist!!!
kekeke
Jun 9, 5:15 AM
Jul 2020
sad that kumiko lost the solo, but she wanted this so she knew the risks. though it feels like it's gonna be another kaori and reina situation

beautiful similarity between asuka/kumiko and kumiko/mayu, especially since kumiko is more mature than mayu since she's like the old kumiko while kumiko herself has evolved
Jun 9, 3:54 PM

Nov 2018
I kinda expected this outcome. I think the most difficult part is to focus objectively on what's right, especially when feelings, desires, and attachments kick in. I know all too well the bitter taste and the suffocating pressure inside the chest when I need to leave aside my preferences, feelings, and attachments to choose what's right to obtain the desired outcome. No matter how often we need to confront such realities, it never hurts less. I guess it just might be what we need to force us to overcome our own limits and get to the next level.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jun 9, 9:25 PM

Jan 2021
Mayu is a pretty annoyingly real character with the "are you sure? are you sure?" stuff cause she knows deep down that she's better but won't come out and say it outright. I find the Motomu arc more interesting though ngl
負けたくない

Jun 19, 11:08 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I'm curious about the Motomu part but I am more invested in Kumiko's story. I knew Mayu would win but yeah it stings
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

335 by ShinigamiGang »»
Jul 25, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 16

89 by ShinigamiGang »»
Jul 25, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 9

93 by ShinigamiGang »»
Jul 25, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

108 by ShinigamiGang »»
Jul 25, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - May 5

96 by ShinigamiGang »»
Jul 24, 8:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.