Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 10, 9:36 PM
Jan 2024
Really loving the direction this show is going!! I was worried how a random immmortal elf is going to become of this show but what isee is a story of an elf living in the present due to her memories in the past. Since it's a loooooong ass past it makes it so senimental! Her remembering is really creating a story for those blunt ass characters in the beginning. HAMMEL THE HERO.
Jan 11, 4:37 AM
Jan 2024
this anime very2 masterpiece!!
Jan 13, 1:41 AM

Oct 2010
More tears, cool.
Jan 13, 2:36 PM

Oct 2018
Similar directing tricks as the last ep. The music building over Frieren finding the flowers is wonderful and I wish it was a solo Frieren journey. Can't say what this is trying to go for appeals to me.
Etherius_ZSJan 13, 2:39 PM
Jan 13, 4:24 PM
Dec 2022
Good. Nice setup for the 1st class test story.
Jan 14, 7:57 PM
Jul 2020
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jan 15, 2:20 PM
Jan 2024
Es medianamente bueno
Jan 16, 8:32 AM
Mar 2018
What a dense episode! It felt like an hour-long installment in the best way possible. <3

The conclusion to Heiter's story is very sweet and heartfelt, I really enjoyed seeing Fern converse with him instead of him dying alone.

Frieren's quest for the blue moon flowers was nice as well. I thought the clash between her perception of time and Fern's was demonstrated very well. The dénouement was so, so beautiful, not just in how it was written, but also in how it was handled visually: the directing and animation were breathtaking!

Finally, I wanna say I'm really happy we're getting many short flashbacks to Frieren's time in the party, it helps feel the weight of that experience and the moments connected to it.
Jan 16, 11:39 PM
May 2021
Second episode and it keeps getting better!!
Jan 19, 7:44 PM
Jan 2024
好棒!感謝動畫組帶來的精彩演出
Jan 20, 8:54 PM
Jan 2024
It didnt really get me hooked but the animation was TOP TIER. I just didn’t really like the story but it was pretty good
Jan 21, 11:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A lot of time has already passed and Fern has grown up... the ending with the blue flowers was beautiful
Jan 23, 6:24 AM
Jun 2021
this show is SO relaxing omg... instant comfort anime unlocked!
Jan 24, 6:57 PM
Jan 2024
simplemente grandioso
Jan 26, 2:02 PM
Jan 2024
benar benar beda dari anime lain terutama animasinya yang bagus meskipun dari segi cerita passingnya agak lambat
Jan 26, 3:56 PM
Dec 2021
keren bat bjir, parah
Jan 26, 8:43 PM

Feb 2019
It's not so much the story or the characters or the setting that makes this show feel so special (though those are great too), it's the atmosphere. The music, the scenery, everything just feels so soft, gentle, and serene, right down to the voice acting and the line delivery
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Jan 30, 2:03 AM

Oct 2013
Heiter has died. Too bad, he seemed like a good lad. Now Frieren is gonna take care of Fern. From how it looked like, Fern is both her apprentice and servant, eh?

The premise for the story about searching for a plant unseen since many years was good, but its execution was kind of... hmm... naive? Not bad, of course, with beautiful visuals and music accompanying it, but a little bit naive, given how they spent so much time in that village.
Feb 2, 12:42 PM
Feb 2020
Amazing episodes
Feb 3, 5:12 PM
Dec 2023
Awesome ... It was cool
Feb 6, 8:58 AM
Jan 2024
Honestly, it kept me to my seat more firmly than JJK's early episodes. And that's very rare from me as I normally require more episodes to truly be immersed and excited to a series.
Other aspects also contribute well. The production values and the plot stand well to keep more people looking forward to more episodes.
Feb 7, 2:26 AM
Dec 2022
Heiter the priest should have been living near the cathedral since he was a bishop in the holy city just after Himmer's death. Still good to see Fern got Frieren as her master in a sense.
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Jul 2023
There's this saying that 'life is short, but art is long.' But in this case, 'Frieren's life is long, but magic is still longer.'

Looks like we'll see years elapse regularly with each episode.

Fern went feom a cute child to a waifu in just one episode.

I like the underlying message that mastering something, given the right effort, takes time.

So far, without enemies and battles, this feels like slice of life, not day-to-day stuff by ordinary people but day-to-day stuff done by mages. It is quite relaxing.

I'm not sure if the tone will change next episode where they tackle killing magic.

patkarununganFeb 11, 3:44 AM
Feb 18, 3:11 AM
Aug 2021
best episode so far
Feb 20, 11:19 AM
Jul 2015
insane, slow paced really doesn't feel like any other
Feb 20, 4:05 PM
Aug 2018
i love it anime, frieren is god
Feb 21, 9:23 AM
Feb 2024
It's twisting and turning, its slow paced, its all about magic and friendships come and gone... I'm loving this series so much so far... ;-; The art and animation is beautiful!
Feb 22, 12:26 PM
Apr 2020
i almost cried god
Feb 23, 3:54 AM
Dec 2023
Episódio que não acontece nada, muito lento
Feb 24, 11:40 PM
Jan 2017
As strong as the first one
Feb 25, 8:17 PM

Jul 2021
Another amazing episode. Seeing Frieren visit a village that Himmel saved was nice. Her taking care of his statue and finding the flower that grew in his homeland was very kind of her. As the show goes on i feel Himmel will always play an important roll even though hes gone. As we saw in this episode with the flashbacks of him saving the village and having a statue of himself put up.

The flashback of the group and Frieren making a field of flowers was nice. Seeing the Priest and the Dwarf play around well Frieren and Himmel share a cute moment.

Seeing Heiter go is tragic. Even though he may have been a corrupt Priest, atleast thats what Frieren says. Hes still a great lad and seeing him save Fern and the backstory around Fern was nice. Along with her training even more. I also liked how long Frieren stayed with them. Though it makes me sad theres no spell of resurrection.

One more thing about this show is just how i wanna cherish my first watch threw, i really love and im only two episodes in.

RIP Himmel and Heiter

Mar 1, 10:21 AM
Jul 2023
Very interesting story I'm looking forward to the next episode!!!
Mar 2, 9:01 AM
Nov 2017
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mar 4, 11:32 AM

Mar 2016
One man's act of kindness resonates through time...
Himmel's action in addition to Heiter seeing Fern's situation made him take Fern in as his adopted daughter, and that in turn gave way for Frieren to connect and develop a close bond with this girl whom Heiter saved.

On the other hand, alas, yet another one bit the dust. I had a feeling this grimoire was just Heiter's way to chain her down so that she could teach Fern and by the time the decryption is finished, Fern has already become a proper mage that Frieren would approve of.
All just in time before the passing of Heiter.
I'm glad Frieren stood up to ensure that Fern got her last moments together with the man who saved her. It might be a painful thing seeing your saviour pass away but it's a treasured farewell that should not be missed, especially for Fern. You can see how much Frieren wanted Fern to not go through what she did with Himmel.

The 2nd half bit of the ep is Frieren's and Fern's first LONG adventure together. This isn't even a quest the quest was to clean Himmel's statue, something as simple as searching for Himmel's hometown flowers took the span of 6 months. An utterly insignificant time for an elf-like Frieren, but it's not all for nought at leas that's not how she sees it.

As Frieren travels and does quests that have something that ties with Himmel in their adventure over half a century ago, more and more memories of their time together will be remembered by Frieren. For now I guess that's what the story is going for. Don't know if there'll be a bigger plot than episodic slice of life adventure, but yeah...
Mar 5, 2:42 PM
Dec 2018
Mar 10, 4:14 AM
Dec 2015
It's plain. PLAIN MASTERPIECE is what it is.
Mar 12, 7:46 AM
Jun 2022
Ngl i dont know why but this episode or this whole series is playin with my emotions
Mar 12, 10:16 PM
Feb 2024
This blue flower scene is so emotionally , the music make me cry
Mar 13, 3:57 AM
Apr 2021
good good good good good good
Mar 14, 3:30 PM
Feb 2024
My Heart broke, then it got repaird Just to be broke again. all that while i was laughing. Emotional Rolercoaster, loved every minute of it.
Mar 15, 8:15 PM
Feb 2024
Excelente como cada capítulo de frieren
Mar 15, 10:04 PM

Dec 2022
I'm so happy this generation has fallen in love with fantasy due to this anime, truly is this generation's LOTR
Mar 17, 12:40 PM
Aug 2020
Joder esto si es cine
Mar 20, 8:44 AM
Aug 2023
THIS WAS A GOOOOOD CHAPTER
Mar 21, 3:04 PM

Aug 2011
Moving and sentimeental!!!
Mar 22, 6:32 AM
Aug 2018
because is so boring and not interesting ciao i want that frieren became 52143532842eme anime
Mar 22, 9:53 AM
Mar 2024
So, I watched first 4 episode back to back, I might get some parts mixed up with episode 1 or 3. The episode 2, introducing fern, I really like how this show do flashbacks. Not overused but well written enough to add character's backstory. How heiter tricked frieren, how this episode shows fern's improvement.
Mar 22, 3:22 PM
Aug 2021
Bagus banget cukk
Mar 22, 5:27 PM
Apr 2020
A beautiful episode gearing up for a beautiful story.
Mar 23, 6:53 AM
Nov 2023
really slow pacing for the show
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

843 by Mattys99 »»
11 hours ago

» Read the manga?

RealityChanges - Jun 13

11 by Mdraj6996 »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

542 by Wanszkr »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

590 by Ronielew123 »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

» Dub ( 1 2 )

Cutie-Kun - Jun 6

52 by Estefan »»
Jun 13, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.