Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 5, 1:04 PM

Dec 2017
I mean yeah it's #1 but that means nothing when I KNOW it should be Haruhi that deserves this spot.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 1:13 PM
Jan 2024
It depends if it’s an anime you’d like or not. I know that’s a copout answer but different people enjoy different things, if it looks like a genre, story, and cast you’d like then go for it.

The reason it’s number one most likely heavily has to do with it appealing to a large audience of the current western anime fan base.
May 5, 1:13 PM

Aug 2020
was this thread worth posting?
Call me Ren
May 5, 1:15 PM
Sep 2023
Really depends on what moves and drives you to watch anime in the first place. it has amazing animation, characters and a good soundtrack, also has pretty cool action moments but takes its time fleshing out the characters and the story. I'd recommend it even though I believe it's over hyped. Despite that it's still an awesome anime and I look forward for the rest of the tale.
Kenjutsu is the art of killing...no matter how you sugarcoat it!

May 5, 1:16 PM
May 2023
Haruhi does NOT deserve the number one spot 😂. Not after that infinite 8 arc or whatever. You’re smoking that good stuff. Introduce me to your dealer
May 5, 1:16 PM
Jun 2017
It’s one of the best shows in years, so yes it’s worth watching. The real question is if it’s a genre you’d be interested in. But only you can answer that.
May 5, 1:20 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
Haruhi does NOT deserve the number one spot 😂. Not after that infinite 8 arc or whatever. You’re smoking that good stuff. Introduce me to your dealer
@SenshadouOtaku You don't get it. Back in them days we got the endless eight and we LIKED it. That's just how it was back in those times... kids these days.
May 5, 1:22 PM
May 2023
anizawa89 said:
@SenshadouOtaku You don't get it. Back in them days we got the endless eight and we LIKED it. That's just how it was back in those times... kids these days.

Uhhh. Yeah no, you’re definitely smoking that good stuff. Nobody liked that “endless eight” arc. Maybe you’re a masochist, getting that same episode for two months straight. I dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️
May 5, 1:26 PM
Oct 2020
anizawa89 said:
I mean yeah it's #1 but that means nothing when I KNOW it should be Haruhi that deserves this spot.

Bruh why didn't you mention Tatami Galaxy instead
May 5, 1:27 PM

Sep 2016
lol, nothing against Haruhi but if you seriously think she deserves top spot, then I suggest you to not watch Frieren ever.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 5, 1:29 PM

Nov 2021
Yes I think you should watch it 🐥 enjoy!
May 5, 1:43 PM

Jul 2017
yeah it deserves top 10 of all time imo
May 5, 1:53 PM
Dec 2021
Yeah, I feel like there’s something enjoyable for everyone in this anime

May 5, 2:13 PM

Apr 2021
Even if it was not #1, this anime deserves a watch
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 5, 2:34 PM
Dec 2022
like I always say, don't watch it if you're a battle shounen tard. I'm sure you know what that entails.
May 5, 2:36 PM
Dec 2022
anizawa89 said:

Haruhi? yeah, no, while it's a good anime some forgot about it. I mean, no one talks about it anymore.
May 5, 2:38 PM
Dec 2022
It's not for everyone. If you don't like it, forget it.
May 5, 2:40 PM
Feb 2023
Frieren is widely regarded as the top anime, enjoying a lot of popularity. Personally, I also consider it my favorite. Its first position is well-deserved, although, as with anything that gains fame, it's not without its critics.
May 5, 2:49 PM
Mar 2023
If you like it then you should watch it but if you don't like it you should not and if you watch a like it the watch not it the not watch but like the not.

There. That should settle things.
May 5, 2:53 PM
Aug 2023
It depends on your taste.
Do you like non stop action without explanation and depth?
Then this anime isn't for you.
You love good written characters and slow paced adventures with some heartwarming flashbacks and jokes?
Give it a try.
I would definitely recommend it!
May 5, 2:53 PM

Sep 2023
100 percent no. Frieren is shounen trash in disguise. It deserves #1000, not #1.
May 5, 3:00 PM
Apr 2018
Is Frieren worth watching? Yes. Are Haruhi or Frieren worth the first place? No, and I like both.
Yellow2000May 5, 3:05 PM
May 5, 3:21 PM

Mar 2018
Yea it's aight, worth watching I'd say
My safe space is in my futa mommy's arms
May 5, 3:39 PM

Aug 2018
Please DO NOT watch it. Rewatch Haruhi instead.
May 5, 3:46 PM
Oct 2019
Dude watch it or don’t but stfu
May 5, 4:02 PM
Mar 2024
In my opinion. 100% even if you’re not super into fantasy
May 5, 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
@anizawa89 Watch 3-4 episodes then you'll get a general idea what it is.
If you liked it => Continue
Or else => Drop it. EZ as that👍
May 5, 4:35 PM
Oct 2022
I wanted to just type “Lol…” but it wouldn’t let me. 10’s of thousands of people rate these shows that we all enjoy every week. There’s a reason this one is rated so highly if not the highest. It’s one of the best overall anime experiences I’ve ever watched. You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll yell at the screen. But in the end it’s worth every second of your life you give it. To me anyway..
May 5, 4:38 PM
Oct 2022
Rhae said:
Please DO NOT watch it. Rewatch Haruhi instead.

Best post in the thread hands down
May 5, 5:00 PM
Nov 2018
Maybe at least once? In my opinion, it doesn't have any re-watch value.
May 5, 5:03 PM

Jun 2020
of course not its so bad and everyone else agrees
May 5, 5:28 PM
Jun 2021
More rather, have you gone mental?
May 5, 7:09 PM

Oct 2019
It's no disappearance of haruhi suzumiya. Frankly disappearance does deserve the N1 spot more than anything (that I have seen) in the top 50.

Except steins;gate cause I'm biased.

But frieren is a really really good show that is extremely hard to dislike. I honestly can't see anyone straight up disliking it unless they are trying to be contrarian. It's so inoffensive, and has a little something for every type of anime fan.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 5, 8:13 PM

Jun 2023
Dumb said:
of course not its so bad and everyone else agrees

yes. I wanted to write exactly what you said
May 5, 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
In no universe would that ever be true.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 5, 8:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Haruhi Suzumiya deserves the #1 spot

yes

yes indeed

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 5, 9:23 PM
Sep 2022
it was OK. not the greatest thing ever. kinda slow and repetitive.
May 5, 11:35 PM
Jul 2014
You could argue about it deserving #1, but it's without a doubt top 10
May 6, 5:34 AM

Feb 2020
anizawa89 said:

Waste of time. It’s full of air. Thats why it is on top.

May 6, 5:36 AM

Jan 2009
many people enjoy it as you can see on the score
May 6, 6:45 AM
Mar 2023
Kind of Yeah its worth watching
May 6, 12:01 PM
Aug 2018
If and only if you can handle slow anime.
May 6, 2:05 PM

Jan 2021
I saw this thread yesterday and I remember not so many people managed to somehow answer to you with some proper reasons why to watch it/not to watch it. (I didn't read it all, so my apologies if somebody already managed to somehow sum it up.)

I definitely think Frieren is a bit overhyped anime, however... I still gave it 10/10, because the combination of many factors make it really enjoyable.

The story is basically adventurous anime, with some magic, with some elves, with some knights, with some fights, with some enemies here and there and with some overpowered characters. It has kinda a slow pace, which is something many people don't like about it. But it's telling a story from 2 different timelines, it has many great jokes, animation is perfect and music is just nice to listen to.

Thus main aspects, which should you consider, are:

• If you like adventurous anime
  • If you like a decently overpowered characters (who are not able to do anything they want)
  • If you like anime without 24/7 running action in some shape and logic
  • If you want to handle some soft romance
  • If you have enough patience for slowly paced anime
  • If fantasy topic is something that interests you (elves, magic, mythical creatures, etc...)
  • If you don't mind some retrospective story telling in aprox. 1/3rd of the anime combined with linear story telling

That's basically what this anime contains. As others said and I noticed, I wouldn't put it into #1 rank either, that said, it's definitely very fun and enjoyable anime that deserves top #10 spot in many anime lists. But there are definitely drawbacks like slow pace or some retrospective story telling that some people simply didn't like and combination of those didn't enjoy.
May 6, 3:40 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
anizawa89 said:

Uhhh. Yeah no, you’re definitely smoking that good stuff. Nobody liked that “endless eight” arc. Maybe you’re a masochist, getting that same episode for two months straight. I dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️
@SenshadouOtaku That guy is wrong, because back in the day people were losing their minds over the endless eight, you can literally check the episode threads on this site and see people slowly going insane.

>same episode for two months straight.
Never happened, every single one of the episodes was different.
May 6, 8:08 PM

Apr 2022
neither should really be at the top spot but i did like haruhi s1 more than frieren. both are good still.
May 6, 10:34 PM

Aug 2016
nope, play Rance instead
:v
May 7, 3:08 AM
Feb 2020
worth. but overrated.
May 7, 1:45 PM

Sep 2018
oh, guess I shouldn't have thought this was a legitimate thread.
It's just children arguing over which popular anime that aren't even similar in any way is the best like normal...

Neither this or Haruhi are best, ducks are obviously better.
May 8, 11:34 PM

Jul 2020
Go for it. Whether watching Frieren was worth it or not will depend on your own experience, personally... I wasn't a huge fan, but perhaps you like it. :)
May 9, 12:46 AM
Oct 2023
Watch it if you have time to appreciate its well paced story, characters and art design. I recommened it 1000%
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Yesterday

106 by tsubagakure »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

909 by alippskuy »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

328 by Sphystius »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

560 by Neokyuz »»
Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

515 by Khashishi »»
Sep 21, 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.