Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 10, 2022 4:05 AM

Apr 2022
komi's "meow" on the rooftop was the cutest thing ever. looking forward to s2.
Apr 10, 2022 4:09 AM
Dec 2020
meuwco said:
komi's "meow" on the rooftop was the cutest thing ever. looking forward to s2.

najimi and tadano magically reaching the rooftop to catch komi was the cherry on top
Apr 10, 2022 4:28 AM
Dec 2020
just finished s1 and if anyone is hungry for discussion i'll be here, actually no please reach out to me I really wanna talk to someone about komi-san animr i love it so much
Apr 10, 2022 3:55 PM
Mar 2021
haruuudesuuu said:
just finished s1 and if anyone is hungry for discussion i'll be here, actually no please reach out to me I really wanna talk to someone about komi-san animr i love it so much

I read the manga too, up to the latest chapter and just finished it as i had it on hold, overall it was really close to the manga and I enjoy animes like that, and thats why It was a 10 for me
Apr 10, 2022 6:23 PM
Mar 2019
Najimi rules as usual, He/She has been the only one being constantly funny.
Tadano is still a pain to watch, he only wants one thing really.
This could have ended early if Tanado had gone upon the roof, then asked the 100s of spectators if they would be friends with Komi, but that was never going to happen.
Overall, Overrated except for Najimi and a few side characters.
Apr 10, 2022 6:54 PM
Dec 2020
Pistolp3t3 said:
haruuudesuuu said:

I read the manga too, up to the latest chapter and just finished it as i had it on hold, overall it was really close to the manga and I enjoy animes like that, and thats why It was a 10 for me
I still wonder why many of the top reviews are negative towards the show, I understand that the comedy probably won't work for some but I never thought that the show is that divisive honestly
Apr 10, 2022 6:56 PM
Dec 2020
bushman66 said:
This could have ended early if Tanado had gone upon the roof, then asked the 100s of spectators if they would be friends with Komi, but that was never going to happen.
Hehe may I ask why you hate chadano? no hate just wanna see your persprective
Apr 10, 2022 7:03 PM
Mar 2019
haruuudesuuu said:
bushman66 said:

I just find him boring, we know he only wants one thing out of this Friendship.
Maybe i'm just not a Romance fan!
Remember it's only my opinion.
Apr 10, 2022 7:08 PM
Dec 2020
bushman66 said:
haruuudesuuu said:

yes of course I respect your opinion. I personally just find him really charming, like the bits where he's serious and decisive is I think a breath of fresh air, breaking the trope of romcom protags being embarrased for every little thing, I do also hate when they goes back to Tadano being embarrased all over again but I think its easily forgivable and strikes a bit of balance with his character.
Apr 10, 2022 7:16 PM
Mar 2019
haruuudesuuu said:
bushman66 said:

yes of course I respect your opinion. I personally just find him really charming, like the bits where he's serious and decisive is I think a breath of fresh air, breaking the trope of romcom protags being embarrased for every little thing, I do also hate when they goes back to Tadano being embarrased all over again but I think its easily forgivable and strikes a bit of balance with his character.

I think anyone who loves Romantic Anime would love his character, i just wanted him to be funnier.
Without the side characters this would be filled with awkward blushing silence.
I did watch this for the comedy so that is probably where we differ.
How is Season 2 starting out?? Ratings seem Good.
Apr 10, 2022 7:18 PM
Dec 2020
bushman66 said:
haruuudesuuu said:

I think anyone who loves Romantic Anime would love his character, i just wanted him to be funnier.
I'm a binge watcher hehe so im waiting the season out, But yea the general reception seems good really looking forward to it, but yooo tadano had some funny bits, like when he saw komi in the library hehege
Apr 10, 2022 7:22 PM
Mar 2019
haruuudesuuu said:
bushman66 said:

I'm a binge watcher hehe so im waiting the season out, But yea the general reception seems good really looking forward to it

Same as me, sometimes i'm tempted to jump in but i can wait for this one to get going.
I do read the comments in-between though to see what's happening.
Too many/much to catch up on.
Apr 10, 2022 7:25 PM
Dec 2020
bushman66 said:
haruuudesuuu said:
I'm a binge watcher hehe so im waiting the season out, But yea the general reception seems good really looking forward to it

Same as me, sometimes i'm tempted to jump in but i can wait for this one to get going.
when you said you wanted tadano to be funnier, remember the library scene eh eh??
Apr 10, 2022 7:34 PM
Mar 2019
haruuudesuuu said:
bushman66 said:

when you said you wanted tadano to be funnier, remember the library scene eh eh??

I should remember he is a potential Love interest so he won't be funny all the time.

Apr 10, 2022 7:41 PM
Dec 2020
bushman66 said:
haruuudesuuu said:

I should remember he is a potential Love interest so he won't be funny all the time.

yea I could see that, no I actually agree with it that tadano isnt overall a very comedic character. but the thing is I think he isnt really supposed to be. I think he is more on to be the comfort person of the show. its prolly been said so many times how tadano is about the only one who can actually understand komi on such a level and I think thats a valid reason why Tadano isnt supposed to be inherently funny or quirky. I mean one of the main points of the series is that Tadano is about the most average a person can be. at least thats whats the show is telling on surface-level
Apr 11, 2022 3:28 AM
Mar 2021
haruuudesuuu said:
Pistolp3t3 said:

I still wonder why many of the top reviews are negative towards the show, I understand that the comedy probably won't work for some but I never thought that the show is that divisive honestly
I honestly don’t know either but it could be that it’s following the manga really closely and sometimes there’s filler/boring parts in the manga to fill up the chapters, especially later in the manga (no spoiling it) or they are just no pleased that the main female character is mute or other words can’t communicate. In the end everyone has opinions and different tastes, that’s why some reviews are lower than what could possibly be.
Apr 11, 2022 4:02 AM
Dec 2020
Pistolp3t3 said:
haruuudesuuu said:
I honestly don’t know either but it could be that it’s following the manga really closely and sometimes there’s filler/boring parts in the manga to fill up the chapters, especially later in the manga (no spoiling it) or they are just no pleased that the main female character is mute or other words can’t communicate. In the end everyone has opinions and different tastes, that’s why some reviews are lower than what could possibly be.
yea i figured ofc people would have different opinions,but i didnt expect the top 2 rated reviews would be negative
Apr 11, 2022 3:55 PM
Mar 2021
haruuudesuuu said:
Pistolp3t3 said:
yea i figured ofc people would have different opinions,but i didnt expect the top 2 rated reviews would be negative
Of course the top one is by a user with all out of reviews and I respect his reviews and they helped me pick between what animes too watch but I expected a review like his to be critical but once you get past most of the top reviews, they become positive, at the end of the day if you enjoy it, don't let others tell you otherwise.
Apr 11, 2022 5:47 PM
Dec 2020
Pistolp3t3 said:
haruuudesuuu said:
Of course the top one is by a user with all out of reviews and I respect his reviews and they helped me pick between what animes too watch but I expected a review like his to be critical but once you get past most of the top reviews, they become positive, at the end of the day if you enjoy it, don't let others tell you otherwise.
thats sad that guy didn't enjoy it. But one thing as well is the lack of review content on youtube, I really thought Komi-san would be definite topic to cover cause I think it has a lot to offer other than slice of life comedy. All I ever saw was short segments from Gigguk and Scamboli. Kinda sad honestly
Apr 16, 2022 3:31 AM

Dec 2008
First, the episode was a fantastic school festival with nothing to be desired.
I have rarely seen such good school festival episodes in anime shows.

I really loved the cast, Najimi, the cute yandere and everyone else. Tadano just is dragged along all the time, trying to help Komi not to run into too much trouble.

The good thing about this show was that it had no serious romance part.
The focus is heartwarming comedy and that is what the anime delivers.
It is understandable that Komi gets better with babysteps, but she became slightly better, I hope in season 2 she can talk a bit more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2022 5:18 PM
Dec 2020
Fabienne said:
First, the episode was a fantastic school festival with nothing to be desired.
I have rarely seen such good school festival episodes in anime shows.

I really loved the cast, Najimi, the cute yandere and everyone else. Tadano just is dragged along all the time, trying to help Komi not to run into too much trouble.

The good thing about this show was that it had no serious romance part.
The focus is heartwarming comedy and that is what the anime delivers.
It is understandable that Komi gets better with babysteps, but she became slightly better, I hope in season 2 she can talk a bit more.
truue, while there are no serious romance segments, they switched it out with serious characterizations, and honestly I coudnt ask for anything better. I woudnt have any problems though if Komi and Tadano got some progress but Komi's social progression as a whole is amazing on its own.
Apr 21, 2022 9:55 PM
Sep 2021
One of the best anime Peak
Easily top 10
Apr 27, 2022 2:36 PM

Jan 2021
Wow what a way to finish the season. A brilliant episode again by komi san and I loved every bit of it. Again I will say that the studio has done a wonderful job in bringing komi's story in anime format.
Loved this season and I am sure I will be enjoying the next one as well.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 27, 2022 2:58 PM

Mar 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the anime, and I'm glad it's getting more, because as any sort of a finale, this was kind of lukewarm. I mean, it wasn't the ending of anything in the manga, I'm sure, so it definitely would've gone out with a whimper.

Episode was solid for me, not amazing, but the same show I've loved the entire time through. Najimi seems to be actively trying to help but kind of losing himself with his eccentric behavior at times.

No idea why Komi was wearing glasses during the second half, but I'm not complaining. That was definitely a treat. And then her being the only one to cheer Tadano on while singing, while everyone else was distracted or didn't really care is a great way for her to help him, given that he's always done the same for her.

That was the nicest moment there.

But wow, the classroom normies are so deluded by their assumptions on her, they didn't even have to hear her sing! I'm surprised that calmer girl even felt that way! Komi's presence, I tell you!

I definitely related to her a lot, steadily freaking out more and more as her turn approached ever faster. Story of my life, Komi.

Glad I don't have to wait to start the next episode!
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jun 26, 2022 8:38 AM
Sep 2018
What a Great way to sum up the last episode, it was really fun to watch this and enjoy it to the fullest. Here's to another Season of this.

Chadano and Chadayoshi met up finally, but Chadayoshi reigns supreme in the table. He didn't talk, drinks his tea, leaves and didn't elaborate further. What a Chad Dad.

A lot of things has been put a lot of work here because this is the last episode, that's why the episode 10 and/or 11 has been looked upon bad because of unpolished scenes, they really sacrificed that for this last episode on here.
That Eraser War is something really hits me hard because of nostalgic fun feeling with your friends on school. I really miss that since this pandemic happened.

See you All in another Season fellow Otakus/Weebs!!!
Jul 7, 2022 8:40 PM
Jun 2022
Perfeição tem nome e ela se chama Komi Shouko. Encerramento da temporada perfeito.
Aug 20, 2022 6:56 AM
Jun 2022
it is ok could be better
Aug 20, 2022 11:40 AM
Jul 2011
gfdndgfsdf.,j vghrsjkhsd;kl jjsoie8y[oiu23h; kjheapiuhf;klaej;l fjkae[ouf pioojaepofj[laekjr ;lkjspdoiut ksen ;seu;kljnwe ;lkkusdokt jwe;l jsrpkj ht
Sep 8, 2022 7:34 PM
Nov 2021
Wholesome as fuck
Sep 10, 2022 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good final episode.
Sep 23, 2022 1:53 PM

May 2022
beautiful and wholesome ending to Season 1. great characters, stories/little events, and bonds. If Najimi didn't go too far they could have gotten the grand prize lol. Tadano did great with his karaoke too, it was nice to see Komi listen to him singing. bonus scene at the end was SUPER wholesome. 10/10 anime. the only thing I hate is that darn yandere Yamai.
Sep 23, 2022 1:56 PM

May 2022
Piniv said:
One of the best anime Peak
Easily top 10

Indeed, very peak, enjoyable, and wholesome.
Oct 30, 2022 1:41 PM

Jul 2019
The school festival ends with a dance. Komi has come a long way, standing on the roof and messing up infront of the entire school. Good for her!

This was a very pleasant watch. Quite a lot of likeable characters besides the main trio.
10/10
Nov 6, 2022 9:36 AM

Feb 2021
Maid cafe part 2 and the after party was really cute and wholesome. Honestly if they wanted they could have ended this season right then and there. Not that I'm complaining lol

The karaoke was pretty fun. Honestly, Tadano's song was pretty good ngl. Really wanted to hear Komi-san singing the ED.

Would have loved if they sang the opening together lol.

The end message and the bonus scene were so damn good.

Really enjoyed this show (or should I say season?). Definitely a 8/10 for me lol
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Nov 25, 2022 12:11 PM
Jul 2022
Ok show, my brother is obsessed with it tho
Nov 27, 2022 5:26 AM
Oct 2017
Poor Tadano, he has it rough. Why do they tolerate being around those jackasses for a single second is beyond me.
Dec 12, 2022 1:36 PM

Apr 2018
This anime isn't too bad. I was entertained throughout. The only gripe that I have is the constant narrating of each episode about social anxiety. We get it. No need to constantly remind us >_>.
Dec 14, 2022 6:43 AM
Dec 2022
it was not the best from the series but i loved it like all the episodes
Dec 30, 2022 12:34 PM
Oct 2020
A good ending to what will lead to an even better second season
Jan 3, 2023 5:44 PM
Jan 2023
KAWAIIIIII!!!!!!!!
Jan 6, 2023 9:36 AM
Dec 2020
cliche as fuck but nothing more than expected
Jan 23, 2023 3:43 AM
Aug 2022
i don't appreciate delusional weirdos other than kaido, also i was expecting another handa-kun disaster, but this is pretty good. savage najime is savage. diving straight into the 2nd season.
Jan 25, 2023 12:29 AM

Aug 2019
wasnt as good as i remembered. it was often funny and it wasnt a chore to watch but it felt kinda boring. planned to also rewatch s2 but dont think ill do that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2023 3:52 AM

Feb 2018
I like how the karaoke transitioned into the ED at the end lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 3, 2023 12:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Do you want to dance with me? my favourite in this episode!!!

end in the Karaoke, nice point, but the ended after the ending, was amazing!!!

I want to be a school young again!!!

nice season!!!

I watch in the next one!!

kekeke
Mar 22, 2023 5:31 AM
Mar 2023
A cute end for Komi's first season!
Mar 31, 2023 12:18 AM

Sep 2016
That was alright. Idk, for a show called Komi, Komi is probably the most boring character in the show, and everyone worshipping her over nothing got old very fast. I liked Tadano and Nijimi's dynamic tho.  Onemine was cool too.
Apr 8, 2023 8:39 PM
Dec 2021
I thought it was cute, i adored it a lot :)
Apr 20, 2023 7:00 PM
Apr 2023
Loved how they ended the first season and how the did the karaoke transition to end song
Apr 25, 2023 1:14 AM

Nov 2016
was hoping for more komi development, at least like having komi properly say some basic greeting lines. but she does have motivation for some more interactions, altho the same as usual, jittering around
guess this isnt really my cup of coffee since i very much prefer kaguya, their comedy was everywhere
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

93 by SolalAnime »»
Jul 29, 6:19 AM

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

67 by JizzyHitler »»
Jul 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2021

121 by mal-Ghifari451 »»
Jul 9, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Oct 6, 2021

362 by FlexDaddy24 »»
Jun 13, 2:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.