Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
May 1, 2014 3:43 AM
Aug 2013
LITTLE BUSTERS REFRAIN

Story: 9
Art: 8
Music: 6
Character: 9
Enjoyment: 7

Overall: 7.8
May 1, 2014 2:07 PM
Oct 2013
playmusic said:
LITTLE BUSTERS REFRAIN

Music: 6

I just died........
May 2, 2014 9:20 AM

Sep 2012
^

I think JC Staff's music direction and the way LB's OST is in general doesn't work as well as it should in anime. Songs like Boys Don't Cry are awesome, but are hard to place in scenes where they're enjoyable. Slow Curve is a really atmospheric song, yet I think the anime falls flat in building that atmosphere.
May 29, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2012
I don't know how to feel about the ending. I don't dislike it but I also didn't like it. Episode 11 was so good that the following episodes just didn't live up to my expectations. Surprised that not one person was fatally injured. Enjoyed the mysterious tone this series had up to episode 11. Kept me hooked and wanting more.
you sound poor
Jun 1, 2014 3:31 AM

Feb 2013
Thank the fucking lord it ended happy......I wasn't going to be able to handle a sad end tonight....and I'm going to continue to think that it's a happy ending and that they weren't all killed in the blast and the last person to die and arrive to the afterlife was Kyousuke....that thought came into my mind, and now it's gone....

Gave it a 10/10. Might drop down to a 9/10 after getting over this emotion roller-coaster...but I'm doubting it....there's not too many times an anime has made me cry like that, and then I just give it a 9 or an 8....
Jun 3, 2014 1:39 AM

Oct 2011
I thought Kyousuke being in the ICU in a coma would be something similar to

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN COOL THOUGH RIGHT?

huehuehue

Nice ending. I'm going to rewatch it with a nicer mindset :)
Jun 16, 2014 10:53 AM

Feb 2013
Meh, really disappointed. While this second series was mostly better than the first one, overall the entire series was slightly above average. I was probably expecting too much.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jun 28, 2014 8:42 PM
Sep 2013
So they decided to not offend anyone by dissing their waifu and just left out most of the romance huh? With a story like Clannad, you can't do that but I guess its could be feasible with Little Busters. It annoys me to no end when they do that though, just stick to the original True End already, I don't give a fuck who your waifu is. Oh well, its not like I'm going to watch the anime anyways. But I do agree, Riki fits perfectly with Kyousuke; he's so damn effeminate he might as well be fucking a guy.
Jul 6, 2014 8:36 AM

Feb 2014
I loved episode 11, but got worried when I saw there were 2 episodes left and not 1. I would've loved some nice grief scenes in there and seeing Riki and Rin move forward in their life using the strength they accumulated in the wish world. An ideal end would be 5 years later, when Riki and Rin took their children to the graves of the members in Little Busters.

The happy ending felt really out of place after all the previous episodes were meant to prepare Riki and Rin for the harsh life post-accident.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jul 6, 2014 8:43 AM

Oct 2013
xytech said:
I loved episode 11, but got worried when I saw there were 2 episodes left and not 1. I would've loved some nice grief scenes in there and seeing Riki and Rin move forward in their life using the strength they accumulated in the wish world. An ideal end would be 5 years later, when Riki and Rin took their children to the graves of the members in Little Busters.

The happy ending felt really out of place after all the previous episodes were meant to prepare Riki and Rin for the harsh life post-accident.

Blame JC Staff for that. They didn't adapt the Bad End where the rest of the Little Busters stayed dead and Riki and Rin tried to move on with their lives.
Jul 8, 2014 3:40 AM

Jan 2012
this is a joke right?

not a single feel was felt

shitty first season screws up all the characters introduction, and they were all shitty annoying moe lolis except for one

then 2nd season turns out to be clusterfuck and repetitive until the end when everything was explained

then these 2 weak little kids managed to pull 30 people out of the bus up the hill into safety and everyone survived

fuck this anime..
Jul 23, 2014 8:02 AM
Sep 21, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
I'm happy that the series ended with a good ending! :) Great second season overall! Shed lots of tears! 9/10
Sep 26, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
Wafuu! And so end LB : Refrain. Well, it was a good feel trip, with happy and sad moments. Good and less good episodes. Some masterpiece level episode ; I still remember that episode eleven... [size=60]of course I remember it, I watched it yesterday[/i]

The first season wasn't that much a tearjerker, but some of the episode in Refrain... Damn. Some episodes were really heavy. Sometime, it was even creepy, by the use of songs and atmosphere (Kyousuke ''dark aura'').

In the end, everyone was saved. Damnit son, you should have wake up earlier... Just kiddin'
I'm happy that no one died. On the other side, it make it less impactful. I loved seeing Kyousuke back at the end, but I feel like it would have been more touching if he died of his wound or something like this, that Riki would pursue his legacy...

We finally got to know what happened to Riki in the past and were his narcolepsy come from. I weirdly never noticed that he was always falling asleep in desperate moments.

Nishizono, you failed to take that picture at the right timing :( You know which one I mean
But that photomontage at the end was really cute, especially Masato stealing the camera and starting to take photo of Nishizono :3
I now have to watch EX, but I feel like I'd be cheating on Rin. They had such a good chemistry :/
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 26, 2014 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
I just completed a great anime... Such a satisfying ending. It really made me feel happy. It felt so good to see Kurugaya again xD

Second best Key anime, only behind Clannad After Story. The writing was honestly just as good, if not a little better.

I will play the VN soon, after I am done playing Kanon lol
Oct 30, 2014 5:16 AM

Aug 2014
I almost cried (teary eyes) when Kengo and Masato saved Riki and Rin. Especially when Kengo cried at Masato, and Masato protected Riki with a smile, like saying "Of course! Leave it to me!". You can't find that in real life.

Seeing a friendship between a group of friends ends is just sad, I don't want to see and/or suffer that ever again. So glad it was a happy ending.
Oct 31, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2014
Thx for teh lulz! 3/10
Oct 31, 2014 6:48 PM

Aug 2014
I love this story. It's really a very good anime :D I've been crying a little tears since I finish it. Just like the first season it's 10/10 <3 I recommend this anime for everyone which are to see it and the others too. When someone start to see the first season don't make breaks with another's animes for long times. Try to see the both season continuity ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 15, 2014 8:35 PM
Dec 2014
-RIPriest- said:
xytech said:

Blame JC Staff for that. They didn't adapt the Bad End where the rest of the Little Busters stayed dead and Riki and Rin tried to move on with their lives.

No don't blame J.C. Staff, blame Key. It's called a true end for a reason, it's how it was supposed to play out. And if they didn't use the true end people would com
-RIPriest- said:
xytech said:

No don't blame J.C. Staff, blame Key. It's called a true end for a reason, that's the way it was suppose to end. And if they didn't use the true end other people would complain about how it wasn't true to the visual novel. Smh some people just can never be pleased.
Dec 17, 2014 10:29 PM

Jun 2014
-RIPriest- said:
xytech said:

No don't blame J.C. Staff, blame Key. It's called a true end for a reason, that's the way it was suppose to end. And if they didn't use the true end other people would complain about how it wasn't true to the visual novel. Smh some people just can never be pleased.[/quote]

The problem is how they did it. They could have at least show a little bit of the bad end since the serie was GOING for that.. it just felt anticlimatic and out of place that they just came out of it like that and saved everyone when the goal was not that.

At least in the visual novel you had a choice to get the true end or not, and that true end at least felt more realistic since the rescue scene at least was stressful with the heartbeat and the choices, unlike the anime where they just played "song for friend" and let them do it like if it was natural with NO stress in their face... seriously if it's not the director fault who is it?
Dec 30, 2014 9:13 PM
Sep 2014
MetalxSoldier said:
I don't know how to feel about the ending. I don't dislike it but I also didn't like it. Episode 11 was so good that the following episodes just didn't live up to my expectations. Surprised that not one person was fatally injured. Enjoyed the mysterious tone this series had up to episode 11. Kept me hooked and wanting more.

I have to agree on this, up to episode 11 was just amazing, stuff i hated in season 1 were explained and it had more sense and i liked it even more. The last 2 episodes, well, i guess they should have go Clannad route. Killing everyone except Rin and Riki and give us two heartbreaking episodes which we will remember forever
instead of "flash back" ones. It would be pure 10/10

Oh, also, is it possible that they are still in the "fake" world?
Jan 2, 2015 10:59 PM

Jun 2014
NaCro said:
MetalxSoldier said:

I have to agree on this, up to episode 11 was just amazing, stuff i hated in season 1 were explained and it had more sense and i liked it even more. The last 2 episodes, well, i guess they should have go Clannad route. Killing everyone except Rin and Riki and give us two heartbreaking episodes which we will remember forever
instead of "flash back" ones. It would be pure 10/10

Oh, also, is it possible that they are still in the "fake" world?

In the visual novel after the farewell they actually had to let them die and then you saw the ending where they are alone in a hospital room and Riki just promise Rin that he will protect her. After that the credit roll with song for friend and at the end of the credit you get a choice: Is that enought?
If you respond with yes you will end the game like this and get send back at the menu. If you respond with no you will see what happen in episode 12 and wake up in front of the bus where they rescue everyone.

So it had more impact, the anime messed that up.

And in the visual novel it was confirmed they were in the "real world". In the anime it was left ambiguous so it's left to your interpretation.
Jan 22, 2015 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
Sweet last episode... And a really great series overall. Episodes 7-12, and especially episode 11, were magnificent! So many feels, I cried very much watching this... And it was significantly better than the first season. 10/10 for me.
Jan 28, 2015 12:31 AM

Feb 2013
IT'S OVERRRRRR!

Damn. Refrain is one hell of a jump from the first season.

Everyone is saved! Hurray! Although I think it would've had a much bigger impact if Riki and Rin were the only survivors. I don;t knowo if that would be a bad ending but you know, whatever. That would've taken some huge balls to do that.

Kyousuke's a true badass! Blocking the gas from leaking with his body a rappeling down into the classroom. What an entrance! Even though that is crazy to do.

Kurugaya(best girl) is still here! Fuck yes!

I really like Little Busters. key sure does know how to play with people's emotions. Although I am kinda disapointed in the romance angle of Little Busters. I coouldn't tell if Riki and Rin were still dating at the end. That epsideo were everything was explained wwas so good. I hate being left in the dark and they left me in there for far too long. Still, I really enjoyed Little Busters! So far I love everything from key.

I guess it's time to watch Little Busters!: EX. Appraently it's more routes. Don't know if they are cannon or not. I think they are.
Mar 11, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2012
The ending was a bit too happy. I was expecting them all to die except Riki and Rin. Especially after all the emotional episodes in the middle of the series. Episodes 9-11 were amazing. And that explosion by the bus too, wtf was up with that? And wtf was up with Kyousuke? He was is a coma and the next day hes jumping through windows. And why the fuck are they riding on the roof of the car? They were just in a traumatic car accident and they were fucking around like crazy.

Still, I enjoyed this anime more than any other anime I've watched in a long time.
A perfect 10.
Mar 19, 2015 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
Well, that was amazing ride...
Refrain was such a tearjerker... The OST is fucking glorious, oh boy, my fav from Key anime.
Well animation is another speech, sadly, sometimes it looked very poorly...

I wanted more Rin, even if she was plot device and main heroine, but she could get more screen-time and attention, cuz she couldnt reveal her personality. Also I wanted romance to move, but it didnt :< so it seemed a bit shallow...

In my opinion, storywise LB! is much better than Clannad. But what it lacks, is the better realization of the story (the script is still decent, but maybe it needed better music timing, better animation, dunno.)

Anyways, strong 9/10, will miss this show... probably will read the VN sometime.
Mar 19, 2015 9:14 PM

Jul 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
Well, that was amazing ride...
Refrain was such a tearjerker... The OST is fucking glorious, oh boy, my fav from Key anime.
Well animation is another speech, sadly, sometimes it looked very poorly...

I wanted more Rin, even if she was plot device and main heroine, but she could get more screen-time and attention, cuz she couldnt reveal her personality. Also I wanted romance to move, but it didnt :< so it seemed a bit shallow...

In my opinion, storywise LB! is much better than Clannad. But what it lacks, is the better realization of the story (the script is still decent, but maybe it needed better music timing, better animation, dunno.)

Anyways, strong 9/10, will miss this show... probably will read the VN sometime.

you definitely should, theres a few things from the rin/refrain arc that was ommitted/changed, and overall you get to read the refrain story in greater detail
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 6, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
This show was an emotional rollercoaster right from the first episode, loved it!
May 14, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2014
It's a meh story. Angel Beats did it better

Jun 1, 2015 5:59 PM

Jul 2014
Series had a slow start and was confusing and a mess at one point but it all got resolved fortunately. Second half of this season was really good and had me tearing up multiple times. Overall it was a great ride, I actually feel kinda sad but happy at the same time :')
Jul 1, 2015 7:48 AM

Jun 2008
Forceful Ending >_>
Episode 11 was the best (made me shed manly tears )
but this ending makd me feel like all that Riki and Rin went through was for nothing
all the hardships, tragedies, and emotions was all for nothing
like seriously both character development was useless thanks to this forceful good end.
Jul 3, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2010
Happy end ♥ I love that series and the way they've ended it. :3
Jul 8, 2015 11:06 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing emotional ride, the feels! Damn it, I will miss this show so much, especially love Refrain. From the comedy to the drama to the concept and plot, all of them were remarkable, alongside the phenomenal OST and music by Jun Maeda. 1000/10
Jul 22, 2015 2:25 AM
Jul 2012
SleepingEntity said:
hyperknees91 said:

I can't speak for Clannad, but kanon really? I thought the VN was horribly boring compared to the anime. Not only that but most of the build up and emotional moments are still present in the anime (because the VN wasn't very long this was possible).

But for every other anime, they are abridgements of the VN. Obviously they are going to feel a little flat in comparison because they have to leave out details. But the anime is for people who don't have the patience or desire to read a VN (trust me they aren't for everyone).

I can't speak for Kanon, but Clannad was horribly convoluted and actually worse than the anime IMO. The route choices sometimes made no sense, not to mention you can't actually "collect" all the members into the Drama Club like the anime.

right, guess which one came first? the VN or the anime? its called an adaptation for a reason, dont expect everything to be the same
Aug 12, 2015 8:57 AM

May 2015
It made me cry, it made me smile, it made me happy, it moved me. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My feelings were turned upside down every time I watched this. 10/10, without a doubt.
ReverberateAug 12, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 16, 2015 9:54 AM

May 2009
Hmm I have mixed feelings about the ending. On the one side I am happy everyone survived because everyone helped Riki en Rin grow stronger. This way they actually got the courage to try and save everyone.
On the other side I am not quite pleased. The last couple of episodes seemed really tragic.. as in: this is going to be a bad ending where everyone dies except Rin and Riki. While that is not "happy" at all, it would have been nice to see them grow together, eventually marry each other and watch them learn from what their friend have taught them. The story would have been sad, but more memorable. This now being a happy ending seems a bit like an anti climax to me.

Kyousuke is definitely my favourite character of this anime. He had to create so many worlds just to make Rin and Riki grow stronger. All his energy was for them to learn something about life and maturing. Wonderful character. I am quite pleased that he is alive after all, but it would also be a memorable thing if he didn't make it.

7/10
It was a good anime despite a lot of confusing scenes and some "boring" episodes. I have cried my tears out and the best thing about the anime was that I couldn't guess the ending, which is always something I consider being good when watching anime.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 3, 2015 1:41 PM

May 2015
This second season is MUCH better than the first. The dark touch is fantastic and every episode worth see it. (Not like the first season with more than 10 boring episodes)

I don't like so much the end, because it's predictable, but overall a nice and enjoyable anime.

8/10

Sep 10, 2015 7:47 AM
Jun 2014
Harem ending as expected. Worthless piece of trash anime. Well, i'll give them that they followed the story pretty well this time, but setting up riki and rin just to completely look the other way at the end was just as i expected. I'll always recommend the VN over the anime every day of the week.

Weird they didn't show the scene where riki more or less sacrificed himself for rin and kyousuke. It was really ambiguous in the VN so i hoped for some clarification here. He threw them both to the ground and shielded them when the bus exploded. kyousuke says he's more awesome than he ever imagined etc, and we read that riki's hair burns off and then we're suddenly in school where everyone acts as if nothing happened.

I don't think he survived canonically and is yet again in a dream world.
StormenSep 10, 2015 8:43 AM
Nov 11, 2015 5:57 PM

Sep 2015
For me this second season was a LOT better than the first one (which I found boring at many occasions).

The only thing that bothers me is that all of Kyousuke efforts into making Riki and Rin stronger were kinda wasted in the end, cause nobody actually died in the accident after all.
Nov 11, 2015 6:50 PM

Jul 2013
Gab_Martins said:
For me this second season was a LOT better than the first one (which I found boring at many occasions).

The only thing that bothers me is that all of Kyousuke efforts into making Riki and Rin stronger were kinda wasted in the end, cause nobody actually died in the accident after all.

It goes a little bit differently in the visual novel. In the normal ending, the bus explodes and only Riki and Rin get away. Riki wakes up in a hospital bed with Rin next to him. After that scene, it leads into the true end, which was this episode (episode 13). It's too complicated to explain what happens, but if you want to know the details you should read the visual novel.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 12, 2015 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
Well, I do plan to read the VN, that's for sure :)

But what you're saying is like, in the real world only Riki and Rin survived, but then the events of episode 13 are from somehow another "dream world"?

Or Riki and Rin waking up in a hospital was still in a "fake world" and then episode 13 happened in the real world?

Sorry if my question is confusing, I know it is xD
Nov 12, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
Gab_Martins said:
Well, I do plan to read the VN, that's for sure :)

But what you're saying is like, in the real world only Riki and Rin survived, but then the events of episode 13 are from somehow another "dream world"?

Or Riki and Rin waking up in a hospital was still in a "fake world" and then episode 13 happened in the real world?

Sorry if my question is confusing, I know it is xD

No, in the very end they are in the real world. But how they got there and how they saved everyone is very complicated. It's in the VN

Even when Riki and Rin woke up in the hospital, it was still the real world. Just the events between this and the true end is where it gets complicated. It's similar to Clannad After Story actually, in the sense that something happens between two big events
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 13, 2015 4:50 AM

Sep 2015
sanata50lbsb said:

No, in the very end they are in the real world. But how they got there and how they saved everyone is very complicated. It's in the VN

Even when Riki and Rin woke up in the hospital, it was still the real world. Just the events between this and the true end is where it gets complicated. It's similar to Clannad After Story actually, in the sense that something happens between two big events

Wow, I think I finally understand it, thanks for the answer!! ^_^
Nov 15, 2015 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
Anticlimatic ending...

I mean, what was the point of "you got to be stronger, to face the cruel reality that awaits you", concept on which both season were bassed on, if they were fucking alive.
Nov 15, 2015 7:23 PM

Jul 2013
NostalgiaDrive94 said:
Anticlimatic ending...

I mean, what was the point of "you got to be stronger, to face the cruel reality that awaits you", concept on which both season were bassed on, if they were fucking alive.

I talked about that in the previous conversation. In a nutshell it goes differently in the VN and the anime omitted it.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 16, 2015 12:29 AM

Jan 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
NostalgiaDrive94 said:
Anticlimatic ending...

I talked about that in the previous conversation. In a nutshell it goes differently in the VN and the anime omitted it.

Oh nice.
Time to read the VN, then.
Nov 19, 2015 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
They should have ended this on episode 11.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2015 5:53 PM

Aug 2009
not the best due to some cheese but definitely memorable finale

i mean what happened after the bus exploded? how'd they get out of it pretty much unhurt o_O"

when i saw them go off in the van i'd think they'd throw them off the cliff again just to troll us lol
Dec 2, 2015 1:51 PM

Mar 2010
Ok this ending ruined the whole purpose for me.. As well as the feels moment i had in the previous episode. Yeah i love happy endings but not the way they did it.. This just feels like a disney movie now but not a good one

7/10 tho and first season got a 6/10.

Cant say i rlly disliked both season but they had nothing rlly outstanding
Jan 13, 2016 8:09 PM

Jan 2010
Great way to wrap it all up. :D Jun Maeda showed us once again that he's a genius...beautiful story. The 2nd season was incredible :)

And quite a realistic way to end this, it was all about Riki's courage..

One of the best series i've ever seen :)

9/10!
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.