Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 8, 2013 6:04 PM

Oct 2011
Very amusing episode, like it!!
Reference to Mayo Chiki,
Rika's hair looks really nice at the end
And that's one great invention, u can dream whatever you like, so nice!!
Signature
Feb 8, 2013 7:42 PM

Oct 2011
Mayo Chiki and Steins Gate references. Insta great episode

Rika should change her hair to blond or what she had in the final scene. those are better IMOOOO
Feb 8, 2013 10:21 PM
Jan 2013
nice mayo chiki reference. are we going to see a season 2 of mayo chiki? i am so desperate for a season 2!!!!
Feb 9, 2013 12:48 AM

Dec 2011
LOLOL DORAEMON & MAYO CHIKI- x'D

Nickienator said:
Also happy with the ending, more Yozora-centered attention is always welcome. We've had enough boring Sena scenes already.

^this
Feb 9, 2013 1:39 AM

Sep 2011
this episode was OK.. I have this feeling that next episode will contain Higurashi http://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni parodies :D
nii-nii!
Feb 9, 2013 4:59 AM

Dec 2012
Am I the only one rooting for Rika here? xD

And the 2nd season is surprisingly way better than the 1st season, actually gave it a 9 compared to the 1st season's 6..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Feb 9, 2013 7:22 AM

Oct 2012
The Mayo Chiki reference was really funny but the end of the episode is either akward or what the hell hapened 10 years ago, how will Kodaka get out of this one.
Feb 9, 2013 8:04 AM

Nov 2010
chanotek said:

Wonder if the truth is going to be revealed or he's just going to make something up on the spot.

I hope they actually do something with the story and not make something up. that would be really annoying.
Feb 9, 2013 8:08 AM
Jan 2011
Nice 'Mayo Chiki" reference.

Whoa, I didn't know that Rika could be that scary towards Sena.

Yukinmura in a butler uniform..........SHE"S COOOOOL.
Feb 9, 2013 8:35 AM

Jul 2010
Heh, nice reference to Subaru from Mayo Chiki there.

Damn, Rika can be quite frightening! Also looks like she's actually actively trying to get Kodaka's attention as of this season. Her hair is getting a little out of hand though.

How'd the hell did they know what he was dreaming of at the end there? Did they hear him?

Feb 9, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2010
Did the time machine story happened in manga too? can someone tell me which chapter. (couldn't find it myself)
Feb 9, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
So, I like that they'll finally developing Yozora a bit. I hope what happened in the game will have a good effect on her.
Feb 9, 2013 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
Onyxthegreat said:

How'd the hell did they know what he was dreaming of at the end there? Did they hear him?

he was screaming yozora so they heard him..
hgeronimo said:
Did the time machine story happened in manga too? can someone tell me which chapter. (couldn't find it myself)

i think the anime is from a light novel the anime is at volume 5 right now.
Feb 9, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
Hilarious episode as always :p

Nachtwandler_21 said:
Who cares about Sena. And Yozora is less interesting this season. Kodaka should just choose Rika. She is the best girl around there.

I really hope you were joking lol, but if you were serious, then no, She's the last girl Kodaka would probably feel "that" way about, she's hilarious and she's fun, despite being creepy and a fujoshi, but i can't really see Kodaka choosing her, the author isn't that reckless, see'ing as polls and fanarts suggest that she's the least popular, not surprised though, so if he does go with Rika which is nearly impossible anyway, fans are gonna rage. Sena's got a big lead and i hope she keeps it.
Feb 9, 2013 10:35 AM

Mar 2011
Ha! I really loved MayoChiki and only with that reference did I realise the art styles between this show and that show are really similar. I'll have to check if they're by the same company!

Ending was a bit suspenseful for such a comedic show...dun dun dun dunnnnnn!
Feb 9, 2013 10:37 AM

Sep 2011
tezann_t said:
Rika is so far making this season entertaining. She's definitely played a bigger role than last season...but I still have no idea where they're going with this lol

True words, aside from episode 2 which was just plain messed up, she did kind of become more "interesting", now we need more maria and kate.
Feb 9, 2013 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
It was an okay episode, more focus on Rika, another videogame, but with a nice cliffhanger.^^

NEXT please....
Feb 9, 2013 12:01 PM

Aug 2008
clammer said:
LMAO!

Flags standin' tall!

Senpai also standin' tall!

I about shit myself when I saw this.
AW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Feb 9, 2013 3:07 PM

Jan 2013
oh Kodaka, the delinquent who never was~

It's nice to have Yozora show some humanity. I mean, I don't see her as a genuinely nasty person, and the sad story of The Student Formerly Known as Yohechiborake is definitely a step in the right direction for her. She's not so much mean as she is ruthlessly self-serving - Yozora's not looking to harm people, but she's willing to step all over them to get what she wants. Sometimes literally and with sunscreen. What happened between Sora and Taka ten years ago made it hard for her to put faith in anything other than herself, which comes out again in the way she plays GirlMemo. But once the game draws her in, it tells her that she can't burn all her bridges in pursuit of a single goal and expect things to work out in her favor.

She's gone after Kodaka's attention in the same way she played the Monster Hunter game in the early days of the club - in contrast to Sena's "reckless overwhelming force" style (the way she approaches pretty much everything, which is a whole different problem itself), Yozora works in misdirection and scheming. Her character couldn't take Sena's head-on, so she relied on cunning use of items and traps to make up for what she lacked in power. Likewise, she finds it hard to compete with a girl who has practically every advantage over her on paper and relies on her wit to try to take out her competition indirectly.

But "by process of elimination" is hardly a way to start a relationship with someone, be it friend, girlfriend, or whatever. The warrior duel ended with Yozora holding a slight lead, but Kodaka noted that she'd run her resources down in the process. If the match had gone on, Sena would've started to dominate. Yozora's current approach isn't going to serve her well long-term. Once she realizes that "Meat sucks and you should pity her" isn't the same as "I'm great and you should like me" it'll do a lot for her.

I like Rika as a character (at this point she's more or less outgrown her simple "pervert scientist" origins and become funnier and all-around better as a result), but as girlfriend material I'm not sold. In Kodaka's case, at least. She just screams "friend with benefits" to me (a suggestion she even made, if memory serves). Rika has some depth, but she kinda actively hides it to the point that it's tricky to figure out where the truth lies. She volunteers to open up for him, just not emotionally.
Feb 9, 2013 3:28 PM

Sep 2010
destructo22 said:
clammer said:
LMAO!

Flags standin' tall!

AW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Woah, forgot that one. Indeed LMAO.
Rika has been too awesome this episode.
Feb 9, 2013 4:48 PM

Feb 2012
Oh boy, Kodaka sure said something troublesome, looks like the others will eventually learn about his past with Yozora.
Feb 9, 2013 7:54 PM

Sep 2012
Oh man, this is just as hilarious as Sena's galge game episode from the first season! I love how Sena laughs at Yozora's humiliation and the yandere glare with Rika.

Poor Rika, always trying to attract Kodoka's attention.
Feb 9, 2013 8:39 PM

Nov 2012
Shit. Just. Got. Real.

I liked this episode, it was pretty good. Yozora grew on me a bit this time around. Rika is so funny in this EP, she's been bumped up as well!

Can't wait for the next EP!
Feb 9, 2013 11:04 PM

Feb 2012
Finally. Was waiting for them to know that secret. Expecting developments now.
Feb 10, 2013 12:35 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
Hthe author isn't that reckless, see'ing as polls and fanarts suggest that she's the least popular, not surprised though, so if he does go with Rika which is nearly impossible anyway, fans are gonna rage. Sena's got a big lead and i hope she keeps it.
From what I read, Yozora often ranks lower than Rika. Besides, Rika got a lot more favorable feedback by fans in the last few episodes, particularly after she took off her glasses.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 10, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
From what I read, Yozora often ranks lower than Rika. Besides, Rika got a lot more favorable feedback by fans in the last few episodes, particularly after she took off her glasses.

You read wrong then, unless Yozora ranks the last, which is not likely, then i don't see how Rika ranks better than her, Fanarts, doujinshi, and everything suggests that Rika is the least favourite to the fans, i've even seen some fans complain about her in twitter, and some blogs, particularly about episode 2 (if Google translation translated that right), and i doubt it really, season 2 sales estimates are significantly lower than season 1 and i'm not surprised in the least. that aside, even maria, who gets less screentime than rika who already doesn't have much screentime, has more fanarts and doujinshi than rika, and that says something.
she might have gotten favorable feedback cause of her change of appearance, but that doesn't make a character who gets the least attention in the show just magically out-rank the third favourite to the fans and a main character of the show. just browse the doujinshi sections in toranoana or the fanarts in pixiv, among the thousands of doujins and fanarts, rika's are almost non-existant, the vast majority of them are of Sena and Yozora, Yukimura and Rika are the least common, and the least favourite in the show.
don't get me wrong, i don't hate rika as a character or anything, but Yozora ranks lower than Rika is like saying peanuts are better than a fried chicken, which to some people it is, but the bigger picture is where it's at, and trust me, Rika at the most will out rank Yukimura and kate.
Downgrade355Feb 10, 2013 6:46 AM
Feb 10, 2013 6:51 AM

Dec 2012
Downgrade355 said:
symbv said:

You read wrong then, unless Yozora ranks the last, which is not likely, then i don't see how Rika ranks better than her, Fanarts, doujinshi, and everything suggests that Rika is the least favourite to the fans, i've even seen some fans complain about her in twitter, and some blogs, particularly about episode 2 (if Google translation translated that right), and i doubt it really, season 2 sales estimates are significantly lower than season 1 and i'm not surprised in the least. that aside, even maria, who gets less screentime than rika who already doesn't have much screentime, has more fanarts and doujinshi than rika, and that says something.
she might have gotten favorable feedback cause of her change of appearance, but that doesn't make a character who gets the least attention in the show just magically out-rank the third favourite to the fans and a main character of the show. just browse the doujinshi sections in toranoana or the fanarts in pixiv, among the thousands of doujins and fanarts, rika's are almost non-existant, the vast majority of them are of Sena and Yozora, Yukimura and Rika are the least common, and the least favourite in the show.
don't get me wrong, i don't hate rika as a character or anything, but Yozora ranks lower than Rika is like saying peanuts are better than a fried chicken, which to some people it is, but the bigger picture is where it's at, and trust me, Rika at the most will out rank Yukimura and kate.

is those ranking in japan fanbase or western fanbase ? if it is the latter then why the hell do you care ._. ?
Feb 10, 2013 7:32 AM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:

is those ranking in japan fanbase or western fanbase ? if it is the latter then why the hell do you care ._. ?

See'ing that i mentioned doujinshi and fanarts, it's obvious that i'm talking about the japanese fanbase, since that's where it matters, but even the western fanbase isn't that fond of rika, at least that's what i concluded from the numbers of favourites.
and well you're right, it's no big deal and i don't really care, maybe i was just bored and looking to discuss something lol.
Feb 10, 2013 7:37 AM

Dec 2012
i don't think the popularity of characters would have an effect on how the author will end the story since the most popular one ( sena ) had a manga spin off already.
Feb 10, 2013 7:43 AM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
i don't think the popularity of characters would have an effect on how the author will end the story since the most popular one ( sena ) had a manga spin off already.

Yeah, Kobato also seems to be one of the most popular but the chance of kodaka ending up with her is next to none lol, but i do think that since Sena is one of the two main girls AND popular, the chance of the author going her route is fairly high, but i agree with you, even if Sena and Yozora were the least popular, they are the two main girls and Kodaka has to end up with one of them, the books also suggest it, and it's kind of obvious even if you didn't read the light novel.
Feb 10, 2013 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
This ep left quite a weird feeling in me, like oh noes they found out... I don't want them to find out about Taka and Sora's past, I hope Taka finds an explanation for this like, Sora was the nightmare... or something.
Feb 10, 2013 4:27 PM

Oct 2009
I wish Yozora trigger that gap-moe cliche already.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 10, 2013 6:48 PM

Feb 2011
So every girl in the club is starting to fall in love with Kodaka... guess it ain't easy being a pimp lol
Feb 11, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2007
Loved the Mayo Chiki! references and liking Rika more and more

Feb 11, 2013 11:33 AM

Oct 2012
Doesn't the Mayo Chiki characters look a little different...

Also sleep talking sucks, I hope I don't sleep talk.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Feb 11, 2013 6:34 PM

Oct 2011
I don't understand why everybody looks so serious at the end. All he does is mention Yozora in his dreams of the past. At worst, it's gonna be something like "We're childhood friends." Ain't gonna get all mad over shit like that.
Feb 12, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2008
I don't watching this series, but my friend told me about otome references in 5 episode.
If you played Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side ,You'll understand me what I write.
This boys reminded me characters from this game. Kei Hazuki-(Ouji hehe this great pun ^^),Tamao Konno with Morimura Sakuya library scene,delinquent Sakurai Kou with Junnei Nina hair, last maybe Wataru Hibiki but I don't sure.
Opening scene, command window are very similar from this game.
From yt Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side references using this episode:
Opening scene fragments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mNcFWPtL5s
0:00 to 0:51sec , 4:52 to 6:27 min
From library scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLpwVmZWYUY
Command scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mRHwGeg4JY
0:00 to 0:15 sec.
I have hope this fragments of TMGS better explain 5th episode our anime^^
Feb 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Jun 2008
Being Yozora is suffering.
Feb 14, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode, loved the doraemon references that completely put down Rika! The Mayo chiki reference was also a nice touch.
Feb 14, 2013 8:45 AM

Jan 2011
Ovindel said:
destructo22 said:
clammer said:
LMAO!

Flags standin' tall!

AW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Woah, forgot that one. Indeed LMAO.
Rika has been too awesome this episode.

Haha Rika is awesome! Too bad she had to console herself with some "alone time".

LOL at that MayoChiki reference! The mayonnaise everywhere just killed me haha
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Feb 15, 2013 4:37 PM
Mar 2009
Ahaha, Rika went full on murder mode on Sena.

Although, the anime really makes the character look a lot like Yozora. That would be pretty unnerving.

Seems like Rika is catching onto Yozora liking Kodaka even more. Hehe.

Dat ENGRISH.

Aww yeah, the time machine part too? Finally, the cat's out of the bag about their relationship.
Feb 16, 2013 10:11 PM

Dec 2009
Dat harem drama! Somehow I can see this getting really complicated really fast.
Feb 21, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2011
Loved it! I enjoyed the previous episode with the visual novel so I was ecstatic when they started playing another one. Looks like the plot is progressing nicely considering the last revelation too. Very much enjoyed the Mayo Chiki reference too, boy that brings me back...
DakoFeb 21, 2013 3:45 PM
Mar 2, 2013 10:45 PM

Sep 2011
Rika's first hairstyle was the best
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 21, 2013 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Lol at Dat Stein;Gate reference. You know the conscience time travel machine.
Rika is always pure win with her perviness ,but her changing her hairstyle is getting old already
Mar 28, 2013 7:33 AM

Jan 2012
loled at that eroge & those references.. but my Kobato fucking where
Mar 28, 2013 8:01 AM

Mar 2013
Nickienator said:
"If you'd complimented me, you would've gotten a ton of love points from me. I probably shouldn't be saying this myself, but my route is really short, you know? If this were an eroge, we would've already done it several times."
Really liked Rika this episode.

Also happy with the ending, more Yozora-centered attention is always welcome. We've had enough boring Sena scenes already.

The same part i was watching was translated like this..
"Your rating would've sky-rocketed if you had complimented me. Not that it's anything to be proud of, but it's really easy to get on my route. If life was an erotic game, we'd be f**king like rabbits right about now."
+1 for Rika. :)
Apr 7, 2013 12:54 AM

Aug 2012
Mayo chiki need to become Mayo Chiki Next xD

great episode kodaka x yozora issue ..looking forward to the next episode :)
May 24, 2013 7:36 AM

Sep 2012
Wow Rika's machine is amazing O.O
Jun 2, 2013 9:42 PM
Feb 2013
The plot thickens
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.