Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »
Nov 15, 2020 1:27 AM

Apr 2020
It turns out that on a different timeline, Madoka has become Pulla Magica.

In this episode we find out the reason why Homura doesn't want Madoka to become a Pulla Magica
Nov 21, 2020 11:26 AM

Sep 2020
Goddamn!

It almost turned to a Magical Girl Battle Royale at one point😂
Nov 21, 2020 5:12 PM

Aug 2018
Ok, with this chapter i am clear why Homura did not want Madoka to seal the contract.
...Incredible.
Dec 1, 2020 5:49 PM
Jul 2020
this is the episode that turned this anime from mediocre to absolutely brilliant. ngl, as i was watching the first 8 episodes, i was slightly annoyed - for an anime supposedly about magical girls, how is the main protag still not a magical girl 8 episodes into the 12? then we find out that theyve been tricked - this magical girl business is all a scam - things start getting more interesting. and now we get this episode giving us backstory and clearing up most of our questions. im not even gonna hide the fact that i teared up when homura complied to kill madoka.
Dec 28, 2020 2:46 PM

Jan 2019
Such an amazing episode. Managed to explain alot of things in a single episode without it being dull or feeling rushed. 10/10 episode.
Feb 14, 2021 3:23 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Time leap girl Homura ftw.
Feb 16, 2021 6:50 AM

Feb 2020
poor homura going through all those time loops and trying to warn them ):

kyubey... i stg
Feb 16, 2021 12:42 PM

Jan 2019
My goodness what an episode. They could have delivered that information any way they wanted, but they did so in the most heartwrenching way possible. I also just adore non-linear narratives, and while this doesnt quite get there, its still excellent.

Groundhog Day the magical girl anime.
Mar 12, 2021 6:02 PM

Mar 2018
A lovely comeback for this show with an emotion and plot heavy episode from what was a lackluster first 6 episodes, I can now understand where the high ratings come from at this point, although I'm hard-pressed to rate this any higher than an 8 even if this show provides an excellent end as the first half was unimpactful.
Mar 19, 2021 10:56 AM
Oct 2018
One of the greatest episode of all time
May 14, 2021 12:09 AM

Jan 2014
I've rewatched this episode so many times now but it still doesn't get old.

I can't believe some people were calling this show mediocre prior to this episode. I thought it was already pretty good even before the whole Homura backstory.
Recommend me an anime
May 23, 2021 1:22 AM

Apr 2020
I watch this episode last night ...
I do not know what to say!
Just amazing!
Undoubtedly one of the best episodes of all time!
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Jun 11, 2021 1:00 PM

Aug 2016
This episode is most likely the best in this series so far.

Made the anime go from an 8 to a 9 for me, what an amazing episode!
Jun 20, 2021 8:01 AM

Jul 2020
Wow,it perfectly makes sense now.In the beginning,I thought Homura just wanted to collect more compensation and was greedy.Now it makes sense.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 10, 2021 10:11 AM
Jan 2021
I got steins;gate vibes from this...

Poor homura-chan
Jul 10, 2021 10:19 AM

Apr 2021
This episode is a fucking masterpiece.
Being Homura is suffering.
Jul 12, 2021 9:20 PM
Mar 2021
Now I Know. It was a pain episodes
Jul 14, 2021 1:40 PM
Dec 2017
this is really by far the very best eipsode of the series and a great insight to homura's past.

Jul 18, 2021 3:50 PM

Apr 2018
Akemi was a time traveler. Well I understand know why she has such a cold personality. After trying to save Madoka a million times.. she still failed.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 30, 2021 7:01 AM
Aug 2018
Wow! The episode is about the Timelines from Homura Akemi.

The Timeline 1: Madoka Kaname and Mami Tomoe both become magical girls. The 2 saves Homura Akemi (who is suffering a witch Izabel's kiss). Madoka has contract with Kyubey when she speaks to Homura. Mami Tomoe also briefing about Walpurgisnacht, Mami died during her battle against it, then Madoka Kaname takes decisive action to defeat the Walpurgisnacht alone but unfortunately she died too. Homura contract with Kyubey to redo the 1st meeting with Madoka Kaname.

Next to Timeline 2: Homura works with Madoka and Mami. Both Madoka and Mami train Homura. During the battle against witch Patricia. Homura uses her freezing time and throws a time bomb to destroy Patricia. During the witch battle against Walpurgisnacht, Mami (mostly defeated and died) and Madoka are defeated. But this time, Madoka's soul gem transform to grief seed and transform to Kriemhild Gretchen.

Then to Timeline 3: Sayaka Miki falls into despair and transform into witch Oktavia von Seckendorff. Madoka and her friends (including Kyoko Sakura). Madoka battle against Oktavia in her magical girl form, Homura successfully saves Madoka and destory Oktavia von Seckendorff with a bomb. Then Mami breaks down and kills Kyoko. Madoka and Homura fight against Walpurgisnacht but sadly the soul gems are seriously corrupted.

Then to Timeline 4: Wow, Madoka destorys Walpurgisnacht in 1 hit, unfortunately she transforms into Kriemhild Gretchen immediately. Kyubey claims Madoka is the strongest magical girl as well as the strongest witch (capable of destroy the planet in 10 days).

Now I understand the motives of Homura Akemi. And it is the episode of Madoka Kaname's magical potential has grown. But I don't understand why people and fans call Madoka has no character development. If the fans still hate Madoka for not being a magical girl. Which means they obviously not yet watched this episode to episode 12

Nov 4, 2021 7:35 AM

Jul 2016
people didn't like this anime before the 10th episode? it's been good for me throughout, huh... so fking good. even though i'm a person who doesn't like knowing big plot twists before i start an anime, i have no qualms nor do i think twice for this. i don't need to be surprised, this will be either a 9 or 10 for me. probably 9.
Nov 16, 2021 12:30 AM

May 2020
It's admirable how Homura hasn't turned into a witch by now. You'd think after all this she'd have given up by now.
Dec 31, 2021 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting choice to put Homura's backstory this late in the season, but I think it fits!
Curious to see how they wrap things up!

Also starting to kinda see why people are calling this a yuri anime... some low-key romantic vibes between Madoka and Homura.
Jan 6, 2022 11:40 AM

Dec 2012
Homura?
Heart disease?
Madoka and Mami?
Madoka became a Puella Magi a week ago.
Mami died?
Madoka died?
Dat wish.
Mami oppai.

What an episode. So Sayaka is an idiot in every timeline. I like how they used the OP as the ED because it went back to the beginning.

Watch date: 5/2020
RobJan 6, 2022 12:09 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 23, 2022 3:44 AM

Jan 2021
Ok, shit actually got intense now. So Homura-chan was actually a cute and shy girl but all those sad experiences changed her.

In the end I just wanna say
Mar 12, 2022 2:05 AM
Oct 2021
Definitely understand why this episode rate so highly,cause this Is really answer the autrocius first 6 episode this Is really Madoka best episode.
Apr 21, 2022 8:29 PM

Jul 2020
So we waited 10 episodes to see Madoka's transformation... And it was damn worth it. 10/10 episode. Madoka this episode is the best companion you can ever had, and Homura became one of the best written characters. GG shaft
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
May 28, 2022 9:19 PM

Feb 2021
Madoka didn't look that strong to me at first. I just don't get why Homura didn't wish to revive the Madoka from her timeline? That way we wouldn't have to deal with all the plot holes this episode opened?
Jun 11, 2022 11:23 AM
Nov 2020
ITS GETTING GOODDD I was wondering WHY exactly homura didn't want madoka to become a magical girl so badly, now homura is adorable to me lol
Jul 31, 2022 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
Ahh, so this here is the episode that explains probably most of what is going on, from Homura's perspective. It also neatly answers a few of my personal questions, but like most things opens up a few others.

Casually looking up "How to make a bomb?" will probably get you on some kind of list, lol. Mind you, stealing from an armoury is just as bad, if not worse. Homura's power is pretty convenient, huh.

Ep 10: Groundhog Day, Mahou Shoujo style.

Aug 10, 2022 12:13 AM
Feb 2022
Deppprrresssionnn
Aug 16, 2022 5:22 PM

Jul 2022
Lot of comments saying the show was awful until this episode, but I feel the exact opposite; I thought this was the worst episode so far.

I figured Homura was a time traveler, but her motivation was kind of...lame? I found her a lot more interesting before I knew her sole purpose was to protect the power of friendship.

There's also something disappointing about the fact that the events we've seen happen repeatedly and can be erased, as if none of what we have watched mattered at all.

I know many people wanted Madoka to transform so badly, but I enjoyed the journey of wondering what, if anything, would finally cause her to do so. Having her take the deal in what amounts to a flashback is a letdown.

I'll finish the series and see how things turn out, but my opinion of the show overall definitely took a hit after this episode.
Aug 20, 2022 11:49 PM
Apr 2021
kyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eeekyubey eee
Aug 23, 2022 9:40 AM
Aug 2022
Its a time loop! that's so cooool!!! I loved seeing innocent little Homura she's so cute and Magical Madoka was so skilled.

Was really interesting seeing each timeline form and end in horrific ways, really makes current Homura's actions her whole secretive nature and reluctance to team up make a lot more sense.
Sep 9, 2022 2:10 PM
Aug 2022
so i said the last episode was the best, well that changed. it's this one now. what can i say, we got a huge lore dump and learned homura's wish was to keep going back to the time she and madoka met to prevent her from becoming a magical girl. and in the end.. we learned no matter what homura did, it seemed madoka becoming a magical girl was inevitable. atleast that's the impression i got. homura is my second favorite character next to kyoko. cool!
Oct 23, 2022 11:46 AM

Sep 2021
Best episode ever created. Homura-chan is the best.
Jan 8, 2023 11:24 AM

Jan 2021
Wow. What an episode. What a show. If someone thinks this is overrated, should see this one...
Jan 9, 2023 2:49 PM
Aug 2022
Top 10 giros de trama mas cabrones de la familia peluche
Jan 16, 2023 7:10 AM
Jan 2023
WOW, Homura's character makes so much more sense now since she in a literal time loop like damn! Also, really sucks that Sayaka is doomed to turn into a witch. That begs the question though, can Homura save Madoka from making a deal with the "devil" or like Sayaka is Madoka doomed to fulfill the alien's plans? Overall, I loved this episode 100 hunna pecent
Feb 2, 2023 1:32 AM

Jul 2014
This one peaked so hard. EP 10 amazed me, the osts and the build up to this is magnificent
Apr 10, 2023 10:09 AM
Sep 2022
Honestly the time travel stuff is genius, I kind of expected it but it's super badass anyways. Homura is going through literal hell for Madoka. Also Madoka is so badass, she could solo Goku fr
Apr 23, 2023 8:43 AM

Jul 2022
Great episode, it hurts too much not to connect with the characters and story, but that doesn't stop me from knowing that this is a great episode. In other circumstances I would be reacting as with SG
Jul 24, 2023 10:56 AM
Jul 2023
hope
homura akemi character development
Sep 14, 2023 5:59 AM
Oct 2019
What a PLOT TWIST!!
This is probably one of the best flashback episode in Anime.

So that's why she was so desperate on saving Madoka.

Sep 27, 2023 4:16 PM

Feb 2020
;-;-;-;-; oohh boy masterpiece of an episode
had to increase my rating but there's still more left so, godamn!! Homura is quite the character doing all of this trying to reach a less grief-struck ending ooo man I cried a lot too this ep

Oct 1, 2023 10:17 AM

Oct 2018
So her power is Za Warudo huh, interesting.
Oct 13, 2023 11:00 AM

Feb 2020
It all came full circle!

I now believe there is going to be an epic conclusion sooner or later.
(Also the english voices were amazing -- I could feel their emotions inside of me)
gunk.
Oct 31, 2023 10:27 AM
Jun 2015
What a masterpiece!!!!!!!!!

I’m not gonna lie, I was so lost at the beginning that I had to go back to the last episode to make sure I was on the right one. I was like how did I miss Madoka becoming a magical girl. Then I realized this was the past Homura was talking about lol.

To think Homura was a shy timid girl who was about to fall victim to a witch and kill herself. But lo and behold, Madoka was the one to rescue her. It looks like many things have repeated itself, with Sayaka turning to a witch. The different timelines were interesting to see, with Mami attempting to kill them, and even Madoka one shotted the W-what you call it. And even becoming the biggest evil of the world.

Now everything makes so much sense that I want to rewatch episode 1.

This reminds me of Steins; Gate with the time travel.
Nov 27, 2023 6:21 PM
Oct 2017
Okay I think a lot of us were expecting to Homura to be nice, this was confirmed slowly by slowly and now shown here, to the episode does not come as a twist but I think it gives light to a lot of things, and finally shows Madoka in her magical girl form. We saw her descent into madness losing her enthusiasm while still trying to save madoka, people also predicted that she was from the future, probably a Madoka from the future, I also liked the idea but I also thought it was a bit out there, turns out it wasn't true but still, what we have seen makes sense, and I liked to see the adventures of all the other adventures, pretty cool.
Nov 27, 2023 6:24 PM
Oct 2017
This anime is quite a lot like that anime of... well, I don't want to say the name, because it is a spoiler, but those who have seen it know what I mean, there is a time loop we haven't seen, a secret protagonist, who is tired of repeating the same day every day, stuff like that, I did like more that other one though since it had a whole season of build up with previous time loops, 24 episodes in total, and then 24 episodes in the other two loops, while this one had to cram everything into 12 episodes, and we can see the shortcuts made, but I think this is still very cool, and visually it wins in every margin. Really cool stuff by Shaft, excited to see where it goes next!
Pages (15) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favorite character

erziescarlett - May 7, 2023

33 by Zakir_knight »»
Jun 11, 9:59 PM

» Characters are annoying

Flowz0x - May 7, 2022

24 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 11, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1546 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 6, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 6, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

463 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 6, 12:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.