Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 11, 2:03 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to _otaku_man00
Teldrasil said:
It will be in the next episode they're going to confess each other? Or do we have to wait more?

spoilers:
you will be waiting for a few episodes, this will happen in this season
@_otaku_man00 bruh don't give ppl what they want, let them get the answer themselves this way the answer will have far better value and gets appreciated far more when they do the finding out themselves, ik you want to spill the beans as a manga reader (i mean u i didn't read the manga) but hold your horses and let others discover things in due time instead mkay?
Feb 11, 2:06 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Catsebu
BEST ROMCOM EVER FSSSSSSSS
@Catsebu this and Yubisaki to Renren too, i recommend you watch it if you haven't, the same emotional package but in adult form.
Feb 11, 2:12 AM
Mar 2018
It wasn't even Ichikawa's graduation, yet he brought tears to my eyes; that really was a lovely speech!

Moreover, I loved the last few minutes with Nanpai's confession. Yamada handled herself so well!
Feb 11, 2:27 AM
Apr 2022
I think I get a strongly heart-blushing stroke <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ๐Ÿฅฐ
Feb 11, 2:29 AM
Jun 2023
Fronzel said:
Nanjou's confession scene is one of my favorite in the series because it’s a good twist on the main character’s (often distorted) perspective on things.

Kyoutarou is a middle school boy who noticed the prettiest girl in school and despite mistaking this feeling for wanting to murder her in his silly fantasies he blundered into a friendship that quickly became closer and developed into a mutual attraction despite his frequent misunderstanding of her feelings as well his own. Less than a year later she’s in love with him and he knows he feels the same way despite his denseness. Becoming lovers is a matter of overcoming their own awkwardness.

Nanjou is a middle school boy who noticed the prettiest girl in school and so tried to get closer to her. She stonewalled him at every turn, refusing to have more than the most shallow conversations, even telling obvious lies like not knowing the most popular chat app for smartphones in Japan in order to keep her distance from him. Her friends literally blocked him from speaking to her and he has to watch her with another boy she clearly likes the way he wishes she liked him. In the end, to avoid having regrets, he has to go through the humilating “empty ceremony” of confessing to her while correctly expecting to get nothing out of it...and even gracefully left her and boy who "defeated" him alone to enjoy each other's company.

Who is the one having a hard time here? But who is the one who acts like it? Kyoutaru's attitude towards Nanjou has been ridiculous this whole time and even a little unkind.

ichi is unkind lol, that other guy was hitting on her even tho he knows that she doesn't like him and feels uncomfortable, he even forced her lol, did even watch that part, ichikawa know and saw everything,that's why he did what has to be done, if I were there i would do the same thing, i respect him because of that. he didn't get close to her because of that other guy or asked anything in return but just wanted to help her. i don't think you understand ichikawa , i think he is one of the best mc in romcom.
Feb 11, 2:56 AM
Jan 2019
I already really liked the Manga and this adaptation puts it on a whole new level!
Feb 11, 3:19 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Unfortunately fell asleep in the middle of this episode last night, I was just so tired but I was determined to get all my Saturday shows in day of lol, it didn’t happen but what is important is that I watched this episode because while the entire episode in general wasn’t the best of the series imo, the end was a phenomenal scene. I guess Nanjou isn’t that bad of a guy after all because he was trying to set Ichikawa and Yamada up at the end there, and while that didn’t quite happen we still witnessed something beautiful, their expressions said it all lol.

And Ichikawa’s speech having to be improvised after a certain point since he forgot the paper was pretty awesome as well, that was something straight from the heart, and despite Kana not being needed I still think she was an MVP for going all the way there for her brother, she did get to witness that moment too. And lastly Ichikawa got a haircut, and knowing anime it will probably be this way permanently but the new look isn’t a bad one, wouldn’t be mad if he never grows it back.
Feb 11, 3:20 AM

Dec 2022
That senpai is a real homie. Bro sacrificed himself for Icchi.
Feb 11, 3:27 AM
Feb 2020
Ichikawa's speech was such an incredible moment (who knew he got in him), and the ending was adorable. So hyped to see the next episode ๐Ÿซถ
Feb 11, 3:45 AM

Feb 2012
Reply to IbnAurum
peak fiction
peakest of peaks
mt olympus
mt everest
seven firmaments
aphelion of the sun
summer solstice
apex legend
arcadia resplendent
aurora
crown jewel of all tales
diamond in the sky
end all be all of anime
peerless in its radiance
heavenly gift bequeathed upon us lowly mortals
banger forreal

in the timeless words of our elucidated sage JJK Panda,

@IbnAurum real bro
Feb 11, 4:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ichikawa's speech was awesome, and he did it without notes, but best part was that ending with Yamada, now makes you really want to see what's next after both of them leaving the room with their face all red xD
Feb 11, 5:39 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to FrozenRaider
Next week episode gonna be wild (I hope).
@FrozenRaider Τhe next couple of episodes will be great, trust me :) :)
War never changes...
Feb 11, 6:34 AM
Sep 2023
Ichikawa to Nanpai during the speech be like: "MY NAME IS KYOUTARO ICHIKAWA, AND I'M THE SHORT KING, BITCH!!" At that moment, he knew he already lost so he pulled off one last dick move, which failed horribly of course.
Feb 11, 7:09 AM
Apr 2022
so yeah finally she confess her feeling for a damn long long long and long time I've been waiting for this so yeah today is your happy day ichikawa hahaha
Feb 11, 7:43 AM
Aug 2013
There is so much pressure in this episode and I love it! I mean look at these two!! <3
Feb 11, 8:12 AM
Mar 2022
As someone that watch this series since the moment most people dropped it in season 1, I am very happy for not dropping it, instead I just keep watching cuz I am not the type that drops anime before it even progress in so many episodes. We should never judge series without even trying to watch it until we finish it. For this episode, Im so happy to see both of them finally acknowledge feelings of one another.

With this, I can say that Bokuyaba is definitely & factually one of the best new gen romcom after very long we don't get romcom as worthy as this one. When this series finished, we might feel very empty & find out that we have lost one of the biggest spark for this year since not many romcoms this year is promising as BokuYaba. Thank you for airing this year, this is the only romcom that I watch so far for this year & I couldn’t help to feel grateful yet sad that we are already 6 episodes away from the ending ๐Ÿ’”
Feb 11, 9:36 AM
Sep 2021
Ichikawa developed/improved as a character/person & he also clearly now know's that yamada likes him, so the only thing remaining is confession. Hope it happens soon in this season
Feb 11, 9:47 AM

Jul 2022
This was the best episode. The evolution Ichikawa underwent was brutal; it even brought tears to my eyes listening to his speech. Seeing Ichikawa's effort to prepare for the speech, how a simple haircut generates insecurity, or the opinions of the people around him; this episode shows us how Ichikawa finally understands how important he is to himself, beyond seeing himself as a fictional character. It's a way of showing who he is on the inside; everything he understands and feels that he doesn't show on the outside and tries to deny. But here, we see the exact moment when he finally lets himself go inward and brings out his true self. The "imaginary Ichikawa" makes him realize something that many of us forget sometimes...

Sometimes, we get carried away by what others think or will think of us, and we forget what we think of ourselves... many forget that the most important person in your life in the most difficult moments is yourself... you are the one who must support yourself the most and trust in your abilities.

And not forgetting the moment when Yamada implicitly says that she is in love with Ichikawa, seeing the effort he puts in for others. I am anxious to see what else happens, now that Ichikawa has realized that Yamada is in love with him.
Feb 11, 10:14 AM
Aug 2022
today, I saw 2 confessions, first from "A sign of affection" and then Bokuyaba
but man, this "karte moment" really hit me so hard
it's just beautiful
superb episode!!
Feb 11, 10:14 AM
Jun 2022
I'm hyped for the next episode. This one was so cute and it's hilarious how Ichikawa used to look down on other people
Feb 11, 10:15 AM
Mar 2020
Reply to Kirito_online
@Catsebu this and Yubisaki to Renren too, i recommend you watch it if you haven't, the same emotional package but in adult form.
@Kirito_online Yo! thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check it out!
Feb 11, 10:23 AM
Dec 2020
It was good, and the scene where the guy from the manga says he loves him was funny.
Feb 11, 10:27 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Catsebu
@Kirito_online Yo! thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check it out!
@Catsebu enjoy the show! it's really wholesome and good~
Feb 11, 10:33 AM
Apr 2023
Swagernator said:
Ah, the graduation ceremony memories ... saying a farewell to all the classmates you pretended for four years that you supposedly cared about ... cant really be me tho, i haven't even attended my graduation ceremony.

But hey this is an anime, and the spirit of youth and farewells was very present in this week's episode. Nice to see our unruly-kun taking it seriously.

what can we do to escape the cruel reality? I am also suffering with the same fate of not having friends ๐Ÿ˜ญ.
Feb 11, 11:09 AM

Nov 2018
Yamada touching his pp accidentally.
Ichikawa getting a new haircut.
That graduation ceremony speech.
And last but not least that ending they finally know they love each other.
This was over the top.
Best out of best.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Feb 11, 11:24 AM
Jul 2007
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS finally, this episode was really well executed, I did cry when Yamada reveals in tears that she is in love with Ichikawa.

Feb 11, 12:43 PM

Mar 2021
this is a very old meme, but this episode just made this meme 100x more relatable....

Feb 11, 1:17 PM
Jul 2022
This episode is an abosultely 11/10, this is the seccond best chapter of this season (after the 13th episode)
Feb 11, 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
Yo Ichikawa's development is crazy, compare this Ichikawa to the very first episode of season 1 and you can already tell the difference.
I also love how despite this being a romcom, they did not focus on the loveydovey route that Yamada is the one that believes in him the most and loves him the most but instead we get his inner self telling himself "The one who believes and loves you the most, is YOU" This episode is a love letter to everyone, telling ourselves to believe and love ourselves the most and not put that faith to other people.

We then get to the climax where Yamada practically confessed to Ichikawa, also Ichikawa passing the key chain to Yamada before going to talk to pretty boi was such a power move lol.
Yamada's twirly eyes in the end was so damn adorable!!

Its anime so I dont really mind but whenever we get moments like these is when I cannot take them being middle schoolers seriously, not even most adults have the rationality that they have.

Overall a 10/10 anime! one of if not the best romcom adaptation I have had the courtesy to watch! I want more!!!
Feb 11, 2:06 PM

Jun 2010
@Johntyson31
@_otaku_man00
You're mistaking my point. It's not about Yamada's reaction to the two boys, it's how the boys are reacting to their own experiences. Nanjou is sincere in his feelings towards Yamada (or he wouldn't reject a girl because he likes someone else or bother to confess knowing it would be rejected) but the whole story of his expression of those feelings is a gigantic disaster that results in nothing but disappointment yet he perseveres until the end. At the end of episode 4 of the second series it’s clear he’s failed completely yet he still goes through with confessing to Yamada in this episode which was obviously very difficult for him judging by his body language. Everything went wrong for this guy but he did his best anyway even knowing he would walk away empty-handed for it.

It’s the opposite for Kyoutarou. Everything goes right but he always thinks things must be terrible; they can’t possibly be going well because he’s Kyou the gloomy loser! The number of times he misunderstands Yamada’s intentions is hilarious yet things always turn out well regardless. The worst thing that every happened between then was the “I hate Yamada” incident and it was entirely his own fault. He’s had to drag himself kicking and screaming into this love affair. He’s damn lucky Yamada has been so increasingly intent on seeing him as desirable.

Kyoutarou is the "winner" here, but the whole time he's been intimidated by they very guy he's "defeating". Kyou's confidence and judgment have been improving quickly but that's after so many things have already gone right for him. Can you imagine how he would have reacted if he liked a girl and she grabbed another boy and left him behind?

Kyoutarou distorted view of himself, other people, and reality in general and his sometimes unwitting struggle to correct it has been a theme since the begining with his edgy fantasties and this is another aspect of it. Nanjou isn't someone he should have ever feared or hated; he's just another guy who liked the same girl as he did and got shot down.
Feb 11, 3:08 PM
Jan 2021
sooooo cute, and they finally confessed, indirectly though
Feb 11, 3:13 PM

May 2016
Man this show just gets better and better episode after episode.
What a nice way to end it with both of them coming out blushing.
Feb 11, 4:41 PM

Apr 2013
HE UNDERSTOOD IT, HE UNDERSTOOD IT, HE UNDERSTOOD HER WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE CONFESSED!!!!!!!!

I AM SCREAMING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Feb 11, 4:46 PM
Oct 2016
Amazing, the peak of the romcom.
Feb 11, 7:04 PM
Jun 2023
Fronzel said:
@Johntyson31
@_otaku_man00
You're mistaking my point. It's not about Yamada's reaction to the two boys, it's how the boys are reacting to their own experiences. Nanjou is sincere in his feelings towards Yamada (or he wouldn't reject a girl because he likes someone else or bother to confess knowing it would be rejected) but the whole story of his expression of those feelings is a gigantic disaster that results in nothing but disappointment yet he perseveres until the end. At the end of episode 4 of the second series it’s clear he’s failed completely yet he still goes through with confessing to Yamada in this episode which was obviously very difficult for him judging by his body language. Everything went wrong for this guy but he did his best anyway even knowing he would walk away empty-handed for it.

It’s the opposite for Kyoutarou. Everything goes right but he always thinks things must be terrible; they can’t possibly be going well because he’s Kyou the gloomy loser! The number of times he misunderstands Yamada’s intentions is hilarious yet things always turn out well regardless. The worst thing that every happened between then was the “I hate Yamada” incident and it was entirely his own fault. He’s had to drag himself kicking and screaming into this love affair. He’s damn lucky Yamada has been so increasingly intent on seeing him as desirable.

Kyoutarou is the "winner" here, but the whole time he's been intimidated by they very guy he's "defeating". Kyou's confidence and judgment have been improving quickly but that's after so many things have already gone right for him. Can you imagine how he would have reacted if he liked a girl and she grabbed another boy and left him behind?

Kyoutarou distorted view of himself, other people, and reality in general and his sometimes unwitting struggle to correct it has been a theme since the begining with his edgy fantasties and this is another aspect of it. Nanjou isn't someone he should have ever feared or hated; he's just another guy who liked the same girl as he did and got shot down.

hmm.i guess now i understand what you mean, i think you are correct.he definitely had some bad encounters for sure ,but i think,here ichikawa didn't think anything much he doesn't had confidence, this other guy had , but it went wrong for him but it's not like he was totally a good guy,he literally grabed Yamadas Hands even tho he knew she wasn't interested ,i think this. what his character is,,just because he has some bad encounters doesn't mean. you have to force others , he should have done it a different way,
even at this point, "i would support ichikawa because it's not like he got all the luck for free?? the mistakes of other guy brought ichikawa a chance and he showed his character, it's not just other bad luck but also because of his good qualities and Anna was uncomfortable with other guy ,mc saw and reacted , but he didn't say anything to Yamada that he saved her, she happens to find out and liked him, I know what's is going on, and yeah you are correct , so i think he is not totally a bad guy either but those two (Yamada and other guy) weren't ment for eachother, he should have also considered other girls feelings (side character), just because you love yamama doesn't mean you have do drag a girl and ask for help ,for the girl who has crush on him.(she is doing because she likes him but think about her feelings,you can say she is the best character then ),
in my point ichikawa saw his bad sides and he was forceful with Yamada , i don't care if he has feelings or not, but anyone shouldn't force, it's not like ichikawa didn't support that guy at all, he would have stopped the other guy when he was confessing Yamada at that point, but he respected Yamada and her feelings,even tho he knows he also loves her, he gave Yamada a chance for thing herself.
i think Yamada is innocent,cute girl more then a sexy , mature girl, so from her perspective you should understand to, she doesn't like a guy who randomly comes and asks number, if he was truly a nice guy then she would have noticed him to ,like she did to ichikawa, is Yamada ignort ?? no, even tho the other guy harassed her she noticed him and said you always watch football, it means she also noticed him too but she didn't like him..its not like other guy is perfect?? or he got all the wrong timings ?? no one gets that ,in my perspective and how I lived , everyone has their own life they can control that if they had courage to face it, ichikawa did so he got good luck, and other gay thought highly of himself (at some point) so he got bad luck . if you understand this then it's ok, if you don't understand this it's also fine,but for me ichikawa is a very good guy , he is one of my favourite for sure , he is talented, he understands situation and acts according to it, he respects his parents, he respects and loves Yamada, he doesn't force anyone even if they don't like him , he acts according to what other think of him .
_otaku_man00Feb 11, 7:54 PM
Feb 11, 7:40 PM
Apr 2021
OMG OMG OMG THIS GOTTA BE THE BEST EPISODE SO FAR, THE CONFESSION AT THE END AND BOTH OF THEM EMBARRASSINGLY RUNNING AWAY AHHHHHHHHHHH ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿ˜ญ

Ichikawa’s older self’s speech made me tear up a bit bc what he said was essentially true at the end of the day the one who trusts you is not ur sister ur friends or anyone it’s you yourself which completely had me smiling from ear to ear๐Ÿฅน

The ‘Karte’ title drop hit me so hard they always know how to do these titles drops shit is always perfect and fits the mood and theme of the episode so well I love itโ˜บ๏ธ

I want more episodes I can’t wait to see how they end off this season considering this episode was the best episode so farโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜บ๏ธ
Feb 11, 9:02 PM
Aug 2020
I finally read the manga (its not finished), couldnt wait to see the rest of the story. Its gonna be soooooo good animated plus one episode will need a REALLY good song adaptation, its extremely important for one of THE best scenes of the entire thing but also for Ichikawa's character development. The previous season was just a (great) intro. This season and the next one are gonna be incredible, Fruit Basket/Takagi-san level of incredible. Oh and I finally understand the title, the dangers are not in Ichikawa's heart, they're in ours for reading. 11/10.
EzioMorteFeb 11, 9:15 PM
War never changes...
Feb 11, 9:32 PM
Sep 2021
This anime is the only reason I feel true love exists.
Feb 12, 12:41 AM
Apr 2018
"The one who likes you the most of all is me"
When you think dangers in my heart cant get any better, it just becomes closer to being peak.
Loved the new haircut of kyo, his inner thoughts of till the time of the graduation, well done.
Mixed feelings about the senpai, dunno what he was really upto.
The speech by ichikawa and the indirect confession by Anna,the music kicking in perfectly her reference to her hands being full in response to the button offered and ichikawas pure reaction to it. just chefs kiss, thats how you write a emotional love scene. Plus when yamada just outright caught that stupid lie from the senpai just cherry on top. Loved everything.

Their face reactions at the end say it all. Best episode so far <3
Feb 12, 12:47 AM
Jan 2020
"My hands are full, I cannot hold anything else"
Feb 12, 4:06 AM

Jul 2021
yup this is going in my favourites.

i'm just at a loss words on how to describe how i felt watching this. felt so happy to see ichikawa grow even more in this episode. the relationship progress was just chef's kiss. every episode i think "this ep was so good" but the new episode easily tops the previous already very good episode so easily.

and the fact that we have reached the stage where one of them is aware that the other likes them only 6 episodes in in second season makes me hopeful we will get to see a lot more good stuff before this season ends.

100/10 episode.

also this might sound cringe but i need what those two have in my life. that level of intimacy and understanding oh man how wonderful must it feel to have that irl. and i call myself aromantic, huh.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 12, 4:12 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 12, 5:40 AM

Jan 2017
Ichikawa's sister is so supportive. She's the bestest sister. I wonder why she still not dating anyone, guys around her must have shitty taste.
Feb 12, 5:47 AM

Jun 2016
Such a great ep. Every week I'm reminded of why this series is one of my favorites.
Feb 12, 6:34 AM

Sep 2017
Beautiful, wonderful, spectacular, i'm running out of qualifiers for this episode, one of the best of any romantic comedy i've seen, I thought that having read the manga and knowing what was coming would take away from the emotional impact a little, but it was the opposite, again the soundtrack, the voice acting, its lighting and direction, everything has been magnificently orchestrated to be able to give us an adaptation worthy of all possible praise, i was on the verge of tears. It is incredible everything that this episode represents for the development of the protagonist, having reached this point and seeing how he grows and is able to face his insecurities and realize something as essential as self-love is so gratifying. The moments of catharsis are so powerful that it's impossible to not feel emotional by this episode.
GonXaloFeb 12, 6:49 AM
Feb 12, 7:22 AM
Mar 2020
It was Perfect, Perfect till the last minute details…
Feb 12, 9:03 AM
Feb 2021
This episode melts my heart.
Feb 12, 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
I don't know why I don't like this Anime, I mean usually, I like this genre but why I don't like this one? did I become old or what? Have I lost the passion? HHEEEEEEELBBB
Feb 12, 4:11 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I"M SORRY

BUT MY HANDS ARE FULL

I CAN"T HOLD ANYTHING ELSE

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 12, 9:08 PM
Oct 2019
Idk why but that Kyoutaro speech got me emotional ๐Ÿ˜ญ

This Anime keep getting better and better each episodes.
Feb 12, 10:45 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Khalifla
I don't know why I don't like this Anime, I mean usually, I like this genre but why I don't like this one? did I become old or what? Have I lost the passion? HHEEEEEEELBBB
@Khalifla well nothing wrong, it's just you have shit taste for romance
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

355 by Kamoon »»
Yesterday, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

81 by smoothw »»
Jun 23, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

123 by Qweeq13 »»
Jun 12, 9:45 PM

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

28 by Aleapp »»
Jun 10, 4:51 PM

» Is this basicly...

Danuel - Jun 8

10 by Danuel »»
Jun 8, 11:45 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.