Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »
Sep 5, 2022 3:47 PM
Jul 2021
My Name is ALovelyTsundere, just call me Tsun. I'm a male, 29yr old and I live in NC Guilford county. I love anime and it is my primary source of media entertainment. I also am an amateur writer who loves discovering new and exciting concepts.Thank you for having me everyone! I hope to be a good and long member of your community.
Sep 6, 2022 12:06 AM

Jun 2019
@Dawizz @TurtleMarlowe @ALovelyTsundere Welcome to all the new members. We have a daily Later Years group watch if any of you ever feels like joining in all welcome. check out the Interest Thread for upcoming watches, next one is the original Gundam S1.

mrfujisawa said:
Hi Everyone! Been watching anime since it was on VHS tapes only and emassed 100s of them, so i have a soft spot for 80s and particuarilty 90s era anime, like Tenchi Muyo (my first anime love as a teenager) and El Hazard (where my name is from). Not that I dont think modern anime is good, and its great its so easy to access now. Great to meet you all!

Always good to have another Tenchi Muyo fan and fan of older anime, especially 80's and 90's. I've only just touched on 80's shows recently like City Hunter and Dirty Pair and love the vibe.
Sep 7, 2022 4:22 AM
Aug 2022
23feanor said:
@Dawizz @TurtleMarlowe @ALovelyTsundere Welcome to all the new members. We have a daily Later Years group watch if any of you ever feels like joining in all welcome. check out the Interest Thread for upcoming watches, next one is the original Gundam S1.

mrfujisawa said:
Hi Everyone! Been watching anime since it was on VHS tapes only and emassed 100s of them, so i have a soft spot for 80s and particuarilty 90s era anime, like Tenchi Muyo (my first anime love as a teenager) and El Hazard (where my name is from). Not that I dont think modern anime is good, and its great its so easy to access now. Great to meet you all!

Always good to have another Tenchi Muyo fan and fan of older anime, especially 80's and 90's. I've only just touched on 80's shows recently like City Hunter and Dirty Pair and love the vibe.

Ah yes City Hunter and Dirty Pair! I had both of those on VHS. man that brings back memories!
Sep 29, 2022 4:12 AM

Jul 2016
Joined last week but never introduced myself, so here we go. My name is Kris but I go by Doughnut on the web, I'm 34 and have been watching anime for most of my life. I think the earliest I can remember was Gundam Wing and Sailor Moon.

I like CGDCT and slice of life anime. But I do enjoy other genres as well.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you :3
Sep 30, 2022 2:04 PM

Jan 2008
Hello from old blighty.
I don't use my real name on the internet generally so Uberbat is just fine. I am 42 years of age, female and from the UK.
I've been watching anime on and off since I was little. My earliest memories are of Kimba, Belle & Sebastian, Dogtanian, Around the World with Willy Fog, Ulysses 31 ect. Those early cartoons you got on British tv basically. But it was getting home to watching Dragonball Z on the tv that really got me into anime knowing it was anime. I've essentially become a battle shounen aficionado since.

I've not seen as many anime as I would have liked. It was limited to child safe tv programming and bootleg vhs. The ones from Manga Video with the awesome opening. So early on I didn't get a lot of choice. Plus I've had a lot of other interests. But I have been regularly watching anime since. Hoping to change that now that I've got back into anime big time in the last few years0.

My favourite anime of all time is One Piece. Go back to it every few months/years to binge episodes in bulk. I generally watch a lot of shounen as I much prefer action in my anime. Or drama. Or horror. Or adventure. Or esepcially sport. Really got into sport anime lately. I'm just not a fan of romance or Shoujo or CGDCT or unnecessary Ecchi/fanservice. Or anything that's slow and relationship heavy. Unless the relationship has a dark lend to it. Also not ashamed to say I watch BL. I'm more willing to try a slower pace with it then I am female led shows. Banana Fish and Given are two of my faves there.

Of course saying all that I've watched all sorts of anime genres. And I'm willing to give my least liked genres a chance too if the plot looks good enough.
You can see how eclectic my list is on my profile

So anyway. Thank you for letting me join.
Sep 30, 2022 10:55 PM

Jun 2019
@OMGdoughnut @UberBat welcome to you both. We have a daily group watch here which you're both welcome to join. We have an Interest Thread on the group page with a list of possible future watches, although always happy to get suggestions. We tend to go for less well known shows as these are the only ones that the main group watch members haven't seen yet (last few watches include Casshern Sins, Cross Ange, Clannad AS). We're very informal, we all have lives so post when you can.

Reading your comments I have similar tastes to you both despite your liking for different genres. @OMGdoughnut I have come to appreciate slower SoL and cgdct shows in the last couple of years, my top picks would be Azumanga Daioh, Non Non Biyori, Yuru Yuri, Minami-ke, GochiUsa & Hidamari Sketch.

@UberBat I'm 40 so I remember many of the shows you listed from early British tv, the only other one that came to mind was Danger Mouse. I still remember the intro song for Dogtanion, lol. I'm also a big One Piece fan and just like you will pick it up a couple of times a year to binge watch an arc. I recently finished Marineford and so am just after the timeskip now and about to start Fishman Island next time i pick it up, currently making my way through InuYasha and then some OP. I also enjoy my shounen and currently enjoying Dragon Quest 2020 every week.

For my part I'm going through a mini space/sci-fi period atm and looking forward to the shoujo and shoujo-esque fantasy seasonals we've got coming up like Raven in the Inner Palace, Villaness Who Tamed Final Boss, Bibliophile Princess as I haven't seen many shoujo series but the ones I have I've really enjoyed like Fruits Basket and Kamisama Kiss.
Oct 7, 2022 2:41 PM
Nov 2021
Hi, I'm Sinuhe and I'm a 31 yr old male from Chile. I used to be more active in seinen anime/manga back in my early 20s, and I want to get back at it. I also wanted to socialize the experience with fellow people of my age or older, so I found this club.

For some reference, I enjoyed works like Shinsekai Yori, Psycho Pass, Berserk, Eden: it's an Endless world, Oyasumi Punpun (anything from Asano, actually), Ghost in the Shell.

I also like stuff like meteorology, photography, philosophy, history, sometimes reading (my username comes from my favorite book, actually) , worldbuilding and the sorts.
Oct 8, 2022 6:36 AM

Mar 2018
Hello~ I'm Koito, 30 years and living in The Netherlands.
Watching anime since I was literally little (while not knowing it was anime) like Sailormoon, Digimon, Cat's Eye, Monster Rancher etc... and basically I'm still watching anime and trying to be more active in clubs etc... Aside from that, playing visual novels is also a thing~ :)

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Oct 8, 2022 9:02 AM

Dec 2008
To all the new people - WELCOME!!

We have a relatively quiet club most of the time. A lot of members aren't as active as they could be, but we all understand that real life takes precedence (i.e. work sucks) over our social life. Occasionally it gets noisier in here and there is nothing wrong with that. Keeps the blood flowing for us old farts.

Feel free to speak out about anything and everything. Unlike some forums, archeology is acceptable here.
Oct 8, 2022 7:09 PM

Dec 2016
Hi, I'm Randy! I'm from Canada and a little over 40. I've been watching Anime since I was a kid in the 80's. I try my best to keep up with all the new shows, but I do love trying to discover long lost forgotten anime that I somehow missed from BITD. I'm hoping to make some new like minded friends here.
Oct 12, 2022 7:31 PM

Aug 2015
G'day Everyone,

I'm Poru (Japanified from my real name).

I'm 52 years young, and discovered anime about 10 years ago, and lo9ved it ever since.

I don't watch television so i usually reward myself with some anime when I get all my tasks done.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Oct 30, 2022 4:35 AM
Oct 2022
Hello, I'm a 38 year old male from Colorado, been watching anime since I was in middle school. Dragon Ball Z was my first but it wasn't until a friend let me borrow his VHS box set of Neon Genesis Evangelion that I became enthralled with Anime. I'm a sucker for a good shounen anime but I am open to watching just about anything. Happy to be part of this group and looking forward to meeting some like minded old farts like me.
Nov 1, 2022 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Hello I'm Cassie. I turned 31 years old in September. I am an artist who is awful at social media, lol. I enjoy watching anime, reading manga / manhwa, reading books in general. Uhhh I like mostly comedy, action, historical, and romance. Oh and horror, love horror. I still have so much more to watch in anime. So many with so little time. I enjoy baking as well, it is something I do to relax. I've been watching anime off and on since I was little. When I was around 5 I watched a Sailor Moon movie without knowing what it was. In middle school though is when I really started watching it with adult swim and the anime on channel my sister had on her cable. I loved watching animated movies they are my favorite. Ghibli are some of my favorite movies. I got super into Inuyasha, Bleach, Death Note, and Samurai Champloo. But I love a ton others as well. I am a binge watcher however, I love watching for hours on end when I'm in the mood.

Feel free to add me if we have anything in common and you want to chat!
Nov 30, 2022 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
Hello. I'm Tagg, 34. UK based.

I've been watching anime on and off for basically my entire life, thanks in no small part to the extensive (and often bootleg) VHS scene back in the early nineties, which introduced me to at least a few of my favourites (which have stood the test of time since - always nice). In fact, I watched so much back then that I have more than a few anime unlisted because I have no idea how much of them I actually watched, be it through VHS and the like or on TV.

I also read manga and visual novels, of course. One of my favourite media items of all time is a VN, in fact.

I watch and read a lot of diverse works, though some of my favourites are seinen or jousei (probably no surprise there), war dramas, or otherwise somewhat "heavier" on themes. Not that I'm adverse to lighter stuff, of course.

Good to be here! I honestly don't use MAL's social functions too much, but I'm always down for a chat about good old anime - oftentimes emphasis on the old!
Dec 1, 2022 5:13 AM

Feb 2018

John here, 40, been into Anime since 1995/1996.

SDF MACROSS and it's VF-1 "Valkyrie" Variable Fighter Mecha single-handedly sold me on Mecha and Anime in general about 25/30-odd years ago;

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, -with it's Puffy-Fluffy Girls- was just about the first "Proto-Moe" Anime to come along, -20/25 years ago-
and really get me to pay serious attention to just how sumptuously-Adorable Anime Ladies can so often be;

Dec 1, 2022 9:38 AM

Jun 2019
Welcome to the new members. We have a daily group watch if you ever feel like joining please feel free. There's an interest thread for future watches.

@zanahara I recently finished Romantic Killer and enjoyed it, it was very contrived but fun, more comedy than romance. Also watched Vampire Hunter D 2000 on the weekend, amazing visuals and aesthetic. Completed Princess Tutu earlier this year and thought it was an amazing story and loved the OST.

@Taggart25 good to find someone else watching Peter Grill S2. I finished Space Battleship Yamato 2199 a few weeks ago and it's easily my favourite space adventure now, stunning animation too, plus that ED by Kokia (Light of Memory, ending 3 iirc) was super. I'm going through a retro anime phase and currently watching Cat's Eye and Ranma 1/2, enjoying that nostalgia wave.

@MasterTasuke we watched SDF Macross a year ago as part of our group watch and finished Gundam S1 a couple of weeks ago, and now having seen both (plus other mecha like SSSS Gridman, Code Geass etc) I'd have to say the Macross mecha units are my favourite. I like the 3 simple stages of transformation; plane, plane with legs sticking out and humanoid fighting unit. Gundam mecha got complicated with bits being added and needing to be switched in and out. I've seen the first Galaxy Fraulein OVA but not the second, I remember it being wacky and action packed.
Dec 1, 2022 11:32 AM

Nov 2022
Hello, 31 year old male from Poland here. I've never really been into anime - sure I've seen Pokemon, Dragon Ball and all that stuff as a kid but that's about it. Things changed drastically about a year ago when I decided to stop being a total boomer who doesn't understand all those memes and references. Back then I had a period of reduced working hours because of covid=extra free time so I asked some discord friends to recommend me a few shows. And then it happened. I discovered that anime is not only for younger people but for everyone, and while it took me a while to find something that would really appeal to me, I eventually found it. Heh, I even gave my first lecture at anime convention about a month ago. I also really enjoy visual novels.

Looking forward to getting to know you lovely people :)
Dec 1, 2022 11:40 AM

Sep 2007
Sup, I'm not very good at intros. I'm 30, east coast USA, I watch pretty much every genre and every decade if the show is good enough, though I have a special place in my heart for trashy 80s and 90s OVAs.
Dec 2, 2022 7:40 AM
Aug 2020
Hello everyone, I’m Kanafinwe and although I’ve been watching anime since I was a kid (I think the first was Dragon Ball) I joined MAL on 2020, so I’m experienced in anime but new here. The sad thing is that according to my anime stats the proportion of “plan to watch” shows is way smaller than the “completed” ones, so is seems that I’m running out of anime. I love finding an old show (or not that old) which I didn’t know about that ends up being a hidden gem, but that is happening less frequently as the years go by. I don’t know if these are symptoms of growing old.
Dec 2, 2022 9:45 AM

Jun 2019
@Kanafinwe welcome to the club and nice to meet a fellow Tolkien fan. I know of Finwe but can't place Kanafinwe. The closest I can think of is Curufinwe, which is Fëanor's high Quenya elvish name. Is Kanafinwe an amalgamation maybe?
Dec 2, 2022 11:05 AM
Aug 2020
23feanor said:
@Kanafinwe welcome to the club and nice to meet a fellow Tolkien fan. I know of Finwe but can't place Kanafinwe. The closest I can think of is Curufinwe, which is Fëanor's high Quenya elvish name. Is Kanafinwe an amalgamation maybe?

You’ve got very close. I wanted to use the name Maglor (Fëanor’s second son) but it was already taken, so I had to look for other names, and found that Kanafinwe was the name Maglor’s mother gave him, and elaborate as it is, that one wasn’t taken.
Dec 3, 2022 10:42 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Hello everyone, it was quite interesting to be admitted on my birthday ^^ Hoping to have a good time around make new friends.
Unsure of what else to share.

Feel free to call me Shey and check out my profile~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 3, 2022 2:07 PM
Nov 2016
Hello everyone. I'm 34, female from Türkiye, married and have 3 cats. I've been watching anime for about 10 years. I don't have much free time left now compared to before due to work and stuff but I try to watch at least 1 episode before going to bed, and have been mainly watching at the weekends. Other mediums and going out don't entertain me as much so I think I'll keep that routine for many years to come.

SheyCroix said:
Hello everyone, it was quite interesting to be admitted on my birthday ^^

Also happy birthday SheyCroix, hope you have a great year :)
Dec 4, 2022 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
Howdy doody everyone. I'm 31, a dad, and a cat dad. My name is Kyler, I'm from Canada and have been watching anime since childhood (Pokemon, Sailor Moon). Although I don't really count that too much as I was a wee lad and didn't really know what anime was until I found InuYasha when I was 11/12. I've been addicted since then and, at the point of writing this introduction, have spent over a years worth of my life span watching anime. I like most genres, but steer clear of most Sports animes. My favourite genres are definitely Isekai, Slice of Life, and Comedy. I'm also hopelessly addicted to the Pokemon games and look forward to chatting with you all about anime...

PS: Sorry if I have a bunch of signature stuff that doesn't work anymore. I haven't been active in the forums and clubs for many years now XP
Dec 4, 2022 5:30 AM

Jun 2019
@SheyCroix @puff I haven't seen Coolheaded Hoozuki in anyone else's favourites before and then you both post same day.

Welcome to the club (also @LordKylington) and happy birthday @Sheycroix for yday. We have a small daily group watch if you ever feel like joining in please feel welcome.
Dec 4, 2022 7:22 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
pufff said:
23feanor said:
happy birthday @Sheycroix for yday

Thank you both~ ♥

23feanor said:
We have a small daily group watch if you ever feel like joining in please feel welcome.

oh, where do these take place? and/or how do you guys go about coordinating them?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 4, 2022 7:35 AM

Jun 2019
SheyCroix said:
pufff said:
23feanor said:
happy birthday @Sheycroix for yday

Thank you both~ ♥

23feanor said:
We have a small daily group watch if you ever feel like joining in please feel welcome.

oh, where do these take place? and/or how do you guys go about coordinating them?

The threads are posted in the MAL group topics (see the 'more topics' section at the bottom of the page for the latest watch thread). We're currently watching Kimi ni Todoke, watching one episode per day and posting when you can. There's an Interest Thread listing the possible shows for future group watches. Feel free to jump in whenever.
Dec 4, 2022 3:10 PM

Dec 2008
SheyCroix said:

23feanor said:
The threads are posted in the MAL group topics (see the 'more topics' section at the bottom of the page for the latest watch thread). We're currently watching Kimi ni Todoke, watching one episode per day and posting when you can. There's an Interest Thread listing the possible shows for future group watches. Feel free to jump in whenever.

As 23feanor said, they're on the list of discussion, but the link for the monthly suggestion topic is here and the current months watch topic is here. Since you asked about it, I'm going to "sticky" the suggestion topic, so that it stays near the top of the list.
Jan 8, 2023 12:43 PM
Dec 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm Patricia 36yo, I live in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. I have been watching anime for 30y now, I feel a bit old lmao
I might not be very active here, but I'm glad to find this community in this online sea.
Thanks for having me.
Cheers!
Feb 3, 2023 6:54 PM

Aug 2018
Hey, thanks for the add! Another (slightly) gray-haired otaku here; just turned 44. Looks like a good group of folks.
Set SCE to AUX
Feb 6, 2023 9:39 PM
Feb 2017
Sorry for only just now providing an intro, but better late than never hopefully! Thank you very much for welcoming me into the club, and it is a pleasure to try to introduce myself to you all!

My name is Invysion, but you can call me Invy - 

I am from the United States, my pronouns are she/her, and I am going on 32 this year. Multi-lingual lesson efforts daily. Pro-actively striving for personal self-growth, and maintaining mindfulness and compassion towards others. I have been watching anime and reading manga since the 90s. Wedding Peach was my first ever manga, and will always have a special place in my heart. I find it hard to set aside time to just sit down and read manga these days though. Day job is in the legal field, but for soul enrichment, I do my best to maintain my creative hobbies. I do my best to continue to make art, costumes, and write - I used to take on commissions, but the pandemic put a bit of a halt to my creative work. I went to Japan in 2019, and absolutely cannot wait to go back. My partner and I have been best friends for 14 years, dating for 4, no children, but we live together with four cats. We met at a LAN center, and still enjoy playing video games together. I was on track for sponsored competitive play back in the early 2000s, but gave it up to maintain home life support. Now when I set aside time to play it is just for fun. On low-key days we like to go for walks and read to one another while we do. 

In the in between, I try my hardest to get caught up on the ever growing list of anime I need to watch. 

I'm honored to be a part of this club, and look forward to chatting with you all!

Sincerely, 

Invy 
Feb 8, 2023 4:50 AM

Mar 2017
Hello there,
I usually go by Shin online and I am a PhD student, leading a rather quiet but rather happy life somewhere in Europe.
I have been eyeing this club since I joined MAL and finally, I've become old enough. I am not much active these days but I look forward to talking to you.
Thanks for having me!
Feb 8, 2023 5:56 AM

May 2019
shinrinyoku said:
Hello there,
I usually go by Shin online and I am a PhD student, leading a rather quiet but rather happy life somewhere in Europe.
I have been eyeing this club since I joined MAL and finally, I've become old enough. I am not much active these days but I look forward to talking to you.
Thanks for having me!
Hey, welcome! If you don't mind me asking, in what field is your PhD? I completed mine a couple of years ago in microbiology, always nice talking to someone who is going/has gone through that kind of intensive research.
Feb 8, 2023 10:30 AM

Jun 2019
@shinrinyoku @Invysion @boldulysses @PatriciaS

Welcome to the new members. We have a daily group watch if you ever feel like joining please feel free, currently watching Rainbow. There's an interest thread for future watches on the sticky thread section.
Feb 8, 2023 11:54 PM

Mar 2017
@23feanor
thank you! Oh Rainbow is a really good pick, what's the daily group watch schedule/how does it work? I skimmed through the thread and only saw that it started jan 31. I don't know if I can join although I would like to.

@whiteflame55
not at all! my PhD is in physics, although it's data analysis and writing codes to obtain information on other variables. But I'm not a physicist.
How was your PhD experience? I'm in my second year out of three and it feels like it'll be over all too soon.
Feb 9, 2023 12:26 AM

Jun 2019
shinrinyoku said:
@23feanor
thank you! Oh Rainbow is a really good pick, what's the daily group watch schedule/how does it work? I skimmed through the thread and only saw that it started jan 31. I don't know if I can join although I would like to.

@whiteflame55
not at all! my PhD is in physics, although it's data analysis and writing codes to obtain information on other variables. But I'm not a physicist.
How was your PhD experience? I'm in my second year out of three and it feels like it'll be over all too soon.

If you've seen Rainbow before then please jump in and comment whenever you want, without spoilers ofc. After Rainbow I think we're watching either Lupin 3rd 2015 or a World Masterpiece Theatre show called Romeo and the Black Brothers, which I think we'd be due to start on about the 26th February once all 26 eps of Rainbow have been concluded. Pretty simple format, we all watch one episode per day and post each day, although no rules. If you're busy and want to watch a few eps in one go and post every few days that's fine. We've all got busy lives so post when you can. It's just nice to have people involved and watching same show as I've gotten a lot from reading other peoples' perspectives on the same show; angles or aspects I hadn't considered.
Feb 9, 2023 12:36 AM

Mar 2017
@23feanor thank you for explaning! maybe I can catch up on Rainbow, I don't remember events too well so I wouldn't want to spoil anything, but I would gladly rewatch it. See you in the group watch thread!
Feb 9, 2023 5:38 PM

May 2019
shinrinyoku said:
@whiteflame55
Good stuff. Data analysis was never my cup of tea, but I ended up doing quite a bit of it, albeit mainly looking at strings of RNA. It was a good experience, if a bit too long, since took 8 years for me to finish (US programs don't tend to be short - I think the shortest I've heard of in recent years is 5 years in total), though I appreciated it all the same.
Feb 10, 2023 7:47 AM

Mar 2017
whiteflame55 said:
shinrinyoku said:
@whiteflame55
Good stuff. Data analysis was never my cup of tea, but I ended up doing quite a bit of it, albeit mainly looking at strings of RNA. It was a good experience, if a bit too long, since took 8 years for me to finish (US programs don't tend to be short - I think the shortest I've heard of in recent years is 5 years in total), though I appreciated it all the same.

8 years, with a minimum of 5, wow that's indeed a long time, considering my is 3 years, I would say that 4 would be best? Enough to really develop your project, but not too much that you are completely absorbed in it and 'suspend life', not a really good way of expressing what I want to say but maybe you can get it anyway. Glad to hear it was a positive experience all considered, I hope to be saying the same in a couple of years.
Feb 10, 2023 7:51 AM

May 2019
shinrinyoku said:

8 years, with a minimum of 5, wow that's indeed a long time, considering my is 3 years, I would say that 4 would be best? Enough to really develop your project, but not too much that you are completely absorbed in it and 'suspend life', not a really good way of expressing what I want to say but maybe you can get it anyway. Glad to hear it was a positive experience all considered, I hope to be saying the same in a couple of years.
I wish you the best going through it. Research rarely works out as expected, but hopefully you've got a solid mentor and a project that keeps your interest. Coming out with publications is great and we all want them, but the experience of designing your own research project and executing on it is where the money is at, particularly if you want to go into careers outside of academia. 
Feb 10, 2023 8:01 AM

Mar 2017
whiteflame55 said:
shinrinyoku said:

I wish you the best going through it. Research rarely works out as expected, but hopefully you've got a solid mentor and a project that keeps your interest. Coming out with publications is great and we all want them, but the experience of designing your own research project and executing on it is where the money is at, particularly if you want to go into careers outside of academia. 

Thank you! It is a bit different for me though, as the project was not really mine, I had to write one on a fixed topic. But I made it mine and I am surely learning a lot on how to carry it forward, and the tutor is quite alright although I was lucky enough to have the best tutor one can have (or that I could have) during my theses. So anyone kind of pales in comparison, but it is alright. Just curious, are you still in research now?
Feb 12, 2023 12:29 AM

Jan 2023
Hello all,
I go by Lykke online. I just turned 38 and I'm an autodidactic painter and animator. 
I have only recently given anime a closer inspection, although through the years I appreciated what was available in Canada at the time (Ghibli Studios, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, et cetera).
Hands down, my favourite anime/manga is Mushi-shi.
I watch an awful lot of experimental shorts from the students at Tokyo University of Arts (Geidai), I suppose it's like research for me.
Anyways, thanks for letting me join the club, looking forward to making a few friends :D
Feb 13, 2023 6:05 AM

Jun 2019
@lykke_leek just curious, is your profile handle a homage to Lykke Li, the Swedish singer? I love her songs, Gunshot and Little Bit especially, plus she looks like an ex of mine I never got over.
Feb 20, 2023 3:49 AM

Jan 2023
23feanor said:
@lykke_leek just curious, is your profile handle a homage to Lykke Li, the Swedish singer? I love her songs, Gunshot and Little Bit especially, plus she looks like an ex of mine I never got over.
yes, but leeks really do just make me happy too.

wounded rhymes is her album i listen to most. may be an unpopular opinion, but i also enjoy the work she did with david lynch.
lykke_leekFeb 20, 2023 4:02 AM
Feb 20, 2023 4:30 AM
Feb 2023
Hi everyone,
I'm nerdmom, (39/Germany) and as my Screenname hints I have a son and I love Anime (and nerdy things) since my early teen years.
I dropped that hobby when it became "uncool" an I was "too old for that Japanese children shows".
I started watching/reading again when I started studying and sticking to it ever since,when the pandemic hit, it even intensified and contributed to my mental health.I started collecting Manga and figurines. My son is nearly 8 and we watch Naruto classic together, which is very special to me.
My favourite anime at the moment is mob pscho100, demon slayer and chainsaw man.
🌸✌️
Feb 26, 2023 1:12 PM

Nov 2017
hi oldies..

Konatsu here, tho Ko is fine as well. I'm 31, female, from the netherlands. I can't define myself with a job title, since i've never had one,
some of my favorites are Mushishi, Mononoke, and Mob Psycho.. i also like shows that don't with an m
I've been watching anime most my life, started up again in 2015, watched roughly 250 shows since then.
i'm bad at introducing myself. yikes.

Mar 5, 2023 12:03 PM

Apr 2008
Hi, I am Ana, 33, from Romania. I have been watching anime for 15 years.
I have a daughter and 3 cats and an engineer husband. 😁😁
I took a break from anime for 3-4 years (medical exams). But now I try to watch more when I am on calls (MD neonatologist). At home is quite difficult with a 2 years old toddler 😁
Apr 1, 2023 12:30 PM

Feb 2022
Hi everybody! My name is Eric. I'm a 54yr old male and a lifelong resident of Southern California. I've been watching anime since before cable TV, VCRs, etc., and even before the word "anime" was popularized. In 1979 I stumbled across "Space Battleship Yamato" when it aired on American TV under the name "Star Blazers." I didn't quite know what it was, but it was very different from Sunday morning cartoons and I  wanted to see more of it. A few years later "Macross" and the other "Robotech" series came along and I was hooked. Since then I've been watching what anime I can when I can, and for the past few years it has been my #1 source of entertainment. Old series or new, if it's good I'm up for watching it.

Thanks for letting me join. I'm looking forward to interacting with and getting to know all of you.
Apr 12, 2023 10:26 PM
Phone Microwave

Aug 2016
Howdy! I'm 46, happily married with one kiddo, and I live in Washington State. I've always assumed I was one of the older users here, and until recently I mostly kept to myself on MAL, mainly just using the tracking and discovery features, because I felt sort of out of place.

But this Easter event brought me out of my shell a bit, and along with interacting with folks here more I started wondering if there were other older folks on MAL. I was delighted to find this club. Thanks for having me!

I'm not sure anymore which came first, but in 1989 -- at age 12 -- I read the first issue of Grey and saw Akira on the big screen. Those were my intros to manga and anime, respectively, and they sparked a lifelong interest. The last few years have really deepened that interest, and I'm having a great time exploring old stuff that was impossible to find when I was a teenager, current seasonal shows, and everything in between.
Apr 13, 2023 6:16 AM

Jun 2019
@GoodForHealth @NebulaRaptor @BigGundam2092 @anakg @konatsurogi @nerdmom_

Welcome to all the new members, nice to see so many new people finding this club. We have a daily group watch if any of you ever feel like joining. Currently watching Eden of Grisaia, last watch was world masterpiece theatre and one before was Rainbow, so a mix of all types of shows. We have a Interest Thread on the sticky section of the club discussions for upcoming watches if you want to see what we'll be picking up next.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »

More topics from this board

» The Heroic Legend of Arslan (2015) - May 2024 Group Watch

whiteflame55 - May 19

34 by whiteflame55 »»
8 hours ago

» Secret of Cerulean Sand (2002) ( 1 2 )

whiteflame55 - Apr 26

72 by 23feanor »»
May 23, 12:50 AM

Sticky: » Discuss the Series You Just Finished ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Jul 27, 2009

2912 by 23feanor »»
May 22, 10:27 PM

» Kobato (2009) - April 2024 Group Watch ( 1 2 )

23feanor - Apr 2

54 by filifjonkan »»
May 6, 7:49 AM

» Anime with adult main characters

zubby - Nov 30, 2023

6 by MeganeOverlord »»
Apr 25, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.