Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 5:02 PM

Apr 2022
oh right he has a sister, i was almost zoning out before she showed up. of course some goblin action, standard stuff.
Jan 20, 5:23 PM
Oct 2023
seems like they are adding quite a lot of stuff from the manga, i suppose its from the light novel. but the bonus scenes are very good.and yeah Jinwoo is about to get crazy power ups in the next few episodes, cant wait to see it
Jan 20, 5:37 PM
Jan 2017
muito bom chad anime
Jan 20, 5:43 PM

May 2019
So it looks like Jinwoo got his body completely healed up on his 2nd chance but if he doesn't do his daily quest he'll get penalized so in a way he's a slave to this new system. At least he'll get stronger and hopefully start making good $$$ soon.
Jan 20, 5:52 PM
Jan 2017
Waste of time, recommendation of best friend, not worthy, lost around 65 minute, have it in return, feeling so sorry for everyone that is watching this.
Jan 20, 5:59 PM
Mar 2021
Ore dake Level Up na Ken best anjaaaay
Jan 20, 6:02 PM

Sep 2023
This episode brings more questions than answers! Why did Jin-Woo suddenly become a player? Why did the screen appear at that moment? Is he the only player, since other hunters can't level up? Can't wait to find out, these episodes are way too short!
Jan 20, 6:11 PM

Jul 2016
MC never played a damn videogame in his life 💀 And this "soLo LEveliNg" system has gacha mechanics!!!
Also...
- How can a 10 pts Hunter ("practically a civilian") run at full speed non-stop for 4 hours?
- Why did all look exactly the same in a flashback that was supposed to be set 4 years in the past?
- Why can MC dodge attacks he couldn't dodge before if all his Attribute Points were used in Strength and not in Agility?
Jan 20, 6:18 PM

Mar 2008
Never been much into RPG mechanics in a series but it's at least set up as a plot device.

Also damn that's some pretty awful daily routine Jin-Woo is stuck with though it's kinda of irrelevant as soon as he was able to do a recovery on himself.
Jan 20, 6:23 PM
Apr 2023
Damn fine EP3 of an anime!
If Solo Leveling would become a hit anime, I'm sure more Japanese anime producers will be scouring the world of korean manhwa and webtoons to adapt into Japanese anime.
There are already lots out there like Kikansha no Mahou and others before and with it, but more will come if Solo Leveling will really bring in even more attention.

PS: Sung is a non-bald Saitama
Jan 20, 6:38 PM
Jan 2023
Training arc episode 🏋
Jan 20, 6:43 PM

Nov 2019
Animation is okay, battles seem brainless so far, story is meh, character design is average at best, and the premise is not exactly intriguing. Watchable, but not seeing the charm yet.
Jan 20, 6:55 PM
Jan 20, 7:05 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright its all goes according to the plan. They adding more detail around especially with that healer girl situation, when Sung enjoying his solo leveling inside the instance dungeon. Nothing else worth mentioning, and let just continue to the next already....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 20, 7:15 PM

Oct 2018
With all due respect, but this thing is trash. I have had enough.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jan 20, 7:31 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to SouthRzVa
MC never played a damn videogame in his life 💀 And this "soLo LEveliNg" system has gacha mechanics!!!
Also...
- How can a 10 pts Hunter ("practically a civilian") run at full speed non-stop for 4 hours?
- Why did all look exactly the same in a flashback that was supposed to be set 4 years in the past?
- Why can MC dodge attacks he couldn't dodge before if all his Attribute Points were used in Strength and not in Agility?
SouthRzVa said:

- They measured him with a magic power detector, not a physical prowess detector... And he also has active(sprint) and passive(muscularity) skills plus the Great Kandiaru's Blessing that help him survive.
- People don't change that much in 4 years. He's 24 in the first episode.
- Strength improved his movements because his body became lighter. There's also synergy between the skills, so strength and agility both help movement and dodging. This should be explained in the next episode.
YaggamyJan 20, 7:34 PM
Jan 20, 7:39 PM
Sep 2020
This show has pretty good rpg vibes and now animated, it got even better. This idea it's kinda almost a genre itself nowadays (sao, danmachi alike), and some people like it, while others don't. It's totally personal taste, sooooo I think it's unfair to rate a show bad only by the way it takes its "genres".

That being said, the episode was good. They again mixed some world and character background explanations, meanwhile letting us hyped for mc evolution and showing good animation.
😁👌

Tbh, something bothered me.... did that dungeon have some kind of expiration date?? if not, why would mc go for it before getting a little bit more strong?? BRO'S TRYING TO KILL HIMSELF EVERY 10 MINUTES LOL
Jan 20, 8:08 PM
Feb 2020
This show has the world's worst pacing ever. It's like you are trying to complete a thought and then stop in the middle of a sentence. I'm not saying that it's too slow I'm saying that where the show starts and stops is the wrong place. Even if it's trying to follow the source material to the T, they can do much better job pacing it out. Each episode feels like an incomplete thought and an incomplete episode. Cliff hangers are one thing but these aren't cliff hangers these are just incomplete episodes. The first episode told me nothing about what the story is. It was just people dieing in a dungeon. Episode 2 was people dieing and escaping from the dungeon. Episode 3 is this is what the story is about and idiot main character for four days only put points into strength. 12 skill points 5 stats dumps them all into strength. The guy doesn't have average intelligence he has the intelligence of a 5 year old with a an ice pick in his head. Even if you want to become a strength build you still need some intelligence if you are going to fly solo. The writing is average overall, and terrible pacing and insufferable characters. Maybe binge watch this if you have the time when this is out but definitely not an episodic watch.
Jan 20, 8:09 PM
Feb 2020
This show has the world's worst pacing ever. It's like you are trying to complete a thought and then stop in the middle of a sentence. I'm not saying that it's too slow I'm saying that where the show starts and stops is the wrong place. Even if it's trying to follow the source material to the T, they can do much better job pacing it out. Each episode feels like an incomplete thought and an incomplete episode. Cliff hangers are one thing but these aren't cliff hangers these are just incomplete episodes. The first episode told me nothing about what the story is. It was just people dieing in a dungeon. Episode 2 was people dieing and escaping from the dungeon. Episode 3 is this is what the story is about and idiot main character for four days only put points into strength. 12 skill points 5 stats dumps them all into strength. The guy doesn't have average intelligence he has the intelligence of a 5 year old with a an ice pick in his head. Even if you want to become a strength build you still need some intelligence if you are going to fly solo. The writing is average overall, and terrible pacing and insufferable characters. Maybe binge watch this if you have the time when this is out but definitely not an episodic watch.
Jan 20, 8:12 PM

Aug 2019
And this is why u need to get your daily quest done before midnight.
Jan 20, 8:14 PM

Feb 2022
That's why we need The Legend of the Northern Blade Anime adaptation rather than Solo Leveling.

Solo Leveling has a weak story but good art

Jin Woo is the most overpowered character in the story

Northern Blade has a better story and unique art style, no RPG or System, full Super Power with Martial Art.

Jin Mu Won is Overpowered but there are characters who are more overpowered than him
Jan 20, 8:51 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Magistarvaha
That's why we need The Legend of the Northern Blade Anime adaptation rather than Solo Leveling.

Northern Blade has a better story and unique art style, no RPG or System, full Super Power with Martial Art.

Jin Mu Won is Overpowered but there are characters who are more overpowered than him
@Miraikane blah blah. Stfu
Jan 20, 9:07 PM

Dec 2022
bro you're telling me extradimensional beings reawakened this dude to put his lazy ass on an exercise program? lmao okay that's pretty weak
Jan 20, 9:31 PM

Jul 2022
Jin-Woo wakes up in the hospital without any injuries, despite being massacred by statues in the previous episode. This is his second chance.

He also gains a system similar to an RPG video game, with a menu of notifications and missions. Failure to complete these missions will result in penalties that are far from easy—running for your life for four hours is no small feat.

Now, Jin-Woo is boosting his statistics with the help of the system and will face the dungeon monsters alone.

I'm intrigued by the Hunter Association; I don't think they'll let Jin-Woo's situation conclude easily.
Jan 20, 9:37 PM
Mar 2021
The fight scene really stunning. Not the best, but still we got all the movement animated here.
Jin-woo back from the death baby!
Jan 20, 9:46 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Great episode!! This works SO well as an anime man. Great adaptation I'm loving it

Forgot about the OPM easter egg LOL, classic
Jan 20, 10:43 PM

Oct 2018
love how clean of a transition is is from the end of the episode to the ed, could barely even tell. super cool
Jan 20, 10:44 PM

Jul 2008
Indeed he's leveling.....solo.

So how the heck did he beat that dungeon?
Jan 20, 10:44 PM
Apr 2018
They wasted time. they could made 1st episode 40 mins.
Jan 20, 11:11 PM
Aug 2018
Amazing episode that really makes the anime open up for the viewer. We don't fully know what's going on, but we get more of an idea here. I watched this episode with a friend who hadn't seen the previous episodes, and he liked it! That's how you know it's good!
Jan 20, 11:50 PM

Apr 2016
It's a good story so far and it's set up very well, I like the RPG elements mixed with normal life, looking forward to more!
Jan 20, 11:52 PM
Dec 2023
I really like this chalanges system, but I hate this "game elements" trope so much, it`s just so lazy way to show power scaling and progression
Jan 21, 12:08 AM

Mar 2007
Now that MC has figured out he can't IGNORE all those windows telling him to do Saitama's work out regime, it's time for him to start solo-leveling. I still think he went into the dungeon too fast, he should have done more leveling up his skills first.

(Non Webnovel reader)
Jan 21, 12:24 AM
Oct 2023
This anime is just getting better every week. Now, This anime is more like a game. Love it, gives me sword art online vibes while still maintaining the backstories, action scenes and animation
Jan 21, 12:32 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Alright, this is the starting point where the series is getting better and better ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 21, 1:31 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to Kyo_7x
@Miraikane blah blah. Stfu
@Kyo_7x 🤣🤭

Jan 21, 1:44 AM

Nov 2023
3 episodes in and I'm certain of one thing: direction is a disaster or maybe source material is really that bad. Cliffhanger during fight with fodder monsters, really? How exciting! Power system from ass, MC's resurrection feels like plot armor. Weak person running 4 hours from monster in its natural environment? Is this show for braindeads? I suspect so. Maybe SAO wasn't that bad after all.

Edit. And some braindead (don't remember his nickname) prepared subjective shit anime sheet stating like Solo Leveling was supposed to be mega hit. Jokes on him.
dzudoKingJan 21, 4:34 AM
Jan 21, 2:24 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Magistarvaha

@Miraikane As a fan of both Solo leveling & LONB i think northern blade wouldn't do that good as an anime. Because it falls into complete stranger category. Murim is famous genre but for regular anime viewers it's unknown. As for solo leveling it might be generic with op mc but its good at what it does(action). Also lonb is way riskier to adapt. And after the haitus lonb is not as good as before, it's just fight after fight every chapter. Great aspect of lonb was MC's journey, supporting characters, his view of murim world, action was just cherry on top of cake.
[I think breaker series would be great for an adaptation as introduction to murim]
Jan 21, 2:26 AM
Oct 2019
Sung Jinwoo gonna become Saitama with that Training LMAO

Now i understand why it's called Solo Leveling.

Jan 21, 2:30 AM
Aug 2016
Nice to see mc finally gaining strength. This anime is exciting so far.
Jan 21, 2:33 AM
Jan 2014
Better and better
Jan 21, 3:04 AM
Feb 2023
whyisitalltrash said:

If I played games before especially looking at souls games, intelligence here is for Magic not actual intelligence. Plus most souls casuals ignore vitality at the beginning and focus on power, aka strength or dex. So it makes sense why he did that. As for pacing, I agree sth is off. Story, we did get some from first two episodes and even this explored more into it. Just not by the much we wanted tbh.
Jan 21, 3:06 AM
Feb 2023
dzudoKing said:
3 episodes in and I'm certain of one thing: direction is a disaster or maybe source material is really that bad. Cliffhanger during fight with fodder monsters, really? How exciting! Power system from ass, MC's resurrection feels like plot armor. Weak person running 4 hours from monster in its natural environment? Is this show for braindeads? I suspect so. Maybe SAO wasn't that bad after all.

Edit. And some braindead (don't remember his nickname) prepared subjective shit anime sheet stating like Solo Leveling was supposed to be mega hit. Jokes on him.

Didn’t in the last episode the blue fire stop and then the system appeared for him? Doesn’t that mean that the system is a reward for him because he finished the three trials? I don’t believe it’s plot armour more than integrated into plot. Other than that I may understand the rest of criticisms, I had them as well. Hopefully the next episode is as good as the first two.
Jan 21, 3:26 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to Confused_100
dzudoKing said:

Didn’t in the last episode the blue fire stop and then the system appeared for him? Doesn’t that mean that the system is a reward for him because he finished the three trials? I don’t believe it’s plot armour more than integrated into plot. Other than that I may understand the rest of criticisms, I had them as well. Hopefully the next episode is as good as the first two.
Confused_100 said:
Doesn’t that mean that the system is a reward for him because he finished the three trials? I don’t believe it’s plot armour more than integrated into plot

Okay, maybe that power system is fair enough
Jan 21, 4:12 AM
Oct 2023
Very interesting story building
Jan 21, 4:25 AM

Jun 2021
Saitama's disciple y'all

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Jan 21, 4:26 AM

Jun 2021
Saitama's disciple y'all. He HAS to be jacked up after all those sets

Jan 21, 4:26 AM

Jun 2021

Jan 21, 4:27 AM

Jun 2021

Jan 21, 4:27 AM
Sep 2021
Sung Jinwoo has a second awakening as a hunter, but his own awakening is really different, he awakens as a player & starts to complete his daily quests if not there is a penalty & also he gets a new quest to clear a dungeon that only he can enter & clear, but things are not easy for him, as he has stronger foes than before.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

449 by nickehhhhhh »»
Yesterday, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

317 by nickehhhhhh »»
Yesterday, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

173 by nickehhhhhh »»
Yesterday, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

234 by elusivHOBO »»
Yesterday, 2:01 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

288 by elusivHOBO »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.