Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2023 4:14 PM
Nov 2021
NAH, ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES OF THE YEAR, THANKS ANIMATORS, THIS IS THE SHIBUYA INCIDENT
Nov 16, 2023 4:17 PM
Dec 2019
I need therapy after this episode
Nov 16, 2023 4:18 PM
Sep 2016
The last episode wishes it could be this!
Nov 16, 2023 4:29 PM

Mar 2016
Really disheartening to know that this may be the last great episode from this season. The MAPPA discourse continues to be more and more sickening the longer it persists. I pray that those talented animators who were treated like workhorses to be able to find a far, far better situation to continue their passion, even if it still doesn’t completely escape the abyssal status quo of the entire TV entertainment industry that is currently in play right now. Especially in Japan where the currency value is pathetically low.
Nov 16, 2023 4:29 PM
Oct 2019
Jaw dropping the entire episode. WTF is this.

Bruhh There is no more Shibuya after this.

Well i'm sure y'all heard those rumour about the production issues, from now on the episode aren't gonna be good.
they really should just delay it for fck sake.
those poor Animator didn't deserve all of this crap.

It's all MAPPA and the production commitee fault.
Nov 16, 2023 4:34 PM
Jul 2017
animation was too crazy this episode, one of the best fights of the year contender tbh
Nov 16, 2023 4:38 PM
Oct 2022
so... his ability it to literally let him cook.
Nov 16, 2023 4:42 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, this was definitely one of the best episodes of the whole series so far, visually and emotionally
The battle was breathtaking and the scene with Yuji breaking down after getting his body back was devastating
I'm really wondering how the production is going to go after this though, it's almost like they went a little too hard too early and now they're going to be straggling to keep up that quality for the rest of the season. We'll just have to see what happens.
Nov 16, 2023 4:43 PM
May 2020
Sukuna really went 2 for two, DAMN!
Jan 2019
Absolutely insane

May 2018
The episode was AMAZING !!!!
Very good animation and Sukuna.. wow he is incredible
Good end btw lol
 Pin en Wallpapers Blue Lock Anime GIF - Blue Lock Anime - Discover & Share GIFs
Nov 16, 2023 4:50 PM

Mar 2020
malevolent kitchen combo with fillet and dissect was epic, makora didnt stand a chance
Nov 16, 2023 4:53 PM
Jul 2012
For the love of god, Mappa, give your animators time to work on your fucking projects... This episode, clearly meant to be an apex of the series, was FILLED with half-finished shots and horribly off-model scenes.
Nov 16, 2023 4:55 PM
May 2021
Sukuna's rein of terror has been a nice change of pace.
It's about time they let him loose for a bit.
Nov 16, 2023 4:55 PM
Jun 2013
lmao anime fans are so easy to impress, just make everything looks fast and they go "Woooow episode of the year!!!1!", this was obviously not bad at all, plenty of impressive sequences but also just sooo unfinished, there's so many stiff sequences, still shots and stuff that seemed to be literally storyboard, but again, put in fast speed and it looks good and this was a good episode but the finished product it's not on par with the last episode and i totally agree with the ones talking about the OP awkwardly playing in that scene, i did start laughing and i'm pretty sure it wasnt the intention
Nov 16, 2023 5:02 PM

Mar 2018
This directing style really lends itself to feeling weighty.
Nov 16, 2023 5:03 PM
Jul 2012
Reply to Shinuki_n_Reborn
lmao anime fans are so easy to impress, just make everything looks fast and they go "Woooow episode of the year!!!1!", this was obviously not bad at all, plenty of impressive sequences but also just sooo unfinished, there's so many stiff sequences, still shots and stuff that seemed to be literally storyboard, but again, put in fast speed and it looks good and this was a good episode but the finished product it's not on par with the last episode and i totally agree with the ones talking about the OP awkwardly playing in that scene, i did start laughing and i'm pretty sure it wasnt the intention
@Shinuki_n_Reborn IMO, that was precisely the intention - it's Sukuna laughing at Itadori's misfortune.
Nov 16, 2023 5:08 PM
Mar 2021
yuji MC kita kena mental ges ya
Nov 16, 2023 5:12 PM

Dec 2016
Was picking my jaw like Jogo while watching this. I really loved this episode. Felt like a mini movie, especially how they cut the op. You know shites going down when anime does that.
I personally don't mind how extended Mahoraga v Sukuna fight was, I remember that it felt very short when I read the manga. Plus my favourite bit where Sukuna is saving Megumi is here. And so much Sukuna content ahhh. Feels like episodes 5&6 of first season. We've barely had the King animated.
I'm happy the grand annoyance is finally dead. I thank him for providing the ultimate content for us Nanami simps, but I hate his guts.

Only thing I disliked was how they chose to translate some stuff. Like I know you can say Malevolent KITCHEN, but come oooon. Also. I hate that it was barely shown. The domain looks so good.

I also forget how this whole thing affected Yuji :( He still has more trauma to get over sadly.

Kinda confused about the duality of comments about this episodes art/animation. It's certainly not peak like Choso vs Yuji fight, but this ain't bad at all. Animation especially.
Nov 16, 2023 5:15 PM
Jul 2023
so who is really supposed to tame that
Nov 16, 2023 5:16 PM

Jul 2011
Like I said before, work those Mappa animators so hard that we get quality content. Excellent.
Nov 16, 2023 5:17 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
@SSSTenshi Not that suprising unfortunately considering JJK is a battle shounen. All it takes is a couple of well-animated sequences and people will call any episode a masterpiece. Even the animated sequences in this episode were unfinished (confirmed by the animators themselves) since the production committee wanted to push the episode to air on its regular timeslot at any cost.

It's the same thing for other shounen like One Piece where episodes have a well-animated 2-minute sequence in a 20-minute episode where nothing happens outside of that and the fans praise it to no end.
@KneelBeforeMe even theres some unfinished scenes the ep quality was still masterpiece and this was made in short amount of time which is insane.Its not like ep 15 where Toji vs Dagon cut on the water was carried by K1ro (keiichiro Watanabe) the one who animated the fight
Nov 16, 2023 5:21 PM
Nov 2021
Why does people like this awkwardly cheap looking animation type? Kinda reminds me of the Pain vs Kyubi battle in Naruto Shippuden, where they try to achieve a feeling of massive speed & destruction, but it just feels cheap like a fan art animation, imagine this battle scene if they actually took time to animate the details! Instead of this paint 2.0 drawn bullcrap.
Nov 16, 2023 5:22 PM

Jun 2021
Another flashback at the beginning just like how they did in the episode where Gojo was sealed. But this time they didn't play the opening after. With all the amazing action, they give an impact to the entire episode. Jjk episodes with starting scene like that are the best for me even though it will be sad at the end..with Yuuji's breakdown. Oh damn, look at Sukuna's destruction in Shibuya.
Nov 16, 2023 5:23 PM
Dec 2021
What an incredible episode. The songs are amazing, not to mention the animation is wonderful!
Nov 16, 2023 5:24 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Shinuki_n_Reborn
@Shinuki_n_Reborn the animation moving fast is not the reason i say the ep is ep of the year lmao
Nov 16, 2023 5:27 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Solskal
Why does people like this awkwardly cheap looking animation type? Kinda reminds me of the Pain vs Kyubi battle in Naruto Shippuden, where they try to achieve a feeling of massive speed & destruction, but it just feels cheap like a fan art animation, imagine this battle scene if they actually took time to animate the details! Instead of this paint 2.0 drawn bullcrap.
@Solskal "cheap" yeah ur one of those bleach fan who like detail design but the animation is still frame lol. Saying its cheap is disrespectfull

Feb 2011
Reply to HajimeNozomiUwU
It's cool that everyone loved the episode, but I can't help but feel disappointed more people aren't upset with the fact that it could've been SO MUCH BETTER had MAPPA given their staff more time.

They did what they could but not even the greatest in the industry can completely cover up the fact that the episode had direction but was unpolished in many areas. This one felt like the animators' last stand.
@HajimeNozomiUwU MAPPA wants to deliver Mob Psycho tier animation spectacles on weekly basis but on a dogshit schedule, killing its animators in the process. Mob Psycho 3 was already finished when it started airing.

Truly a shame, i'm reading the reactions in this thread and it looks like a lot of people are not really noticing the amount of jank/unpolish in this episode.
The talent of the animation carried but some cuts are clearly rushed and they look more like rough sketches than anything else.

Unfortunate, this could have gone down in history as one of the best seasons of a mainstream shounen anime if given the right amount of care and attention by that douchebag of a CEO from MAPPA

Nov 2015
Reply to LeoDrago
THESE ANIMATORS DESERVE THE WORLD RN. MAPPA OWES THEM.

I didn’t think they could top last week but holy they did. Mahoraga vs Sukuna delivered.

The animation, music, fight… all of it was simply incredible. Especially with the current situation for the animators.

RESPECT JJK TEAM 🫡

@LeoDrago Completely agree! And sick frames! Looks like Mahoraga was enjoying themself before the end.
Nov 16, 2023 5:29 PM
Nov 2015
Christ. I can only think of one word to describe Itadori's reaction: harrowing. The voice actor did an incredible job. This episode was amazing but also just hard to watch. Holy shit.
Nov 16, 2023 5:30 PM

Nov 2015
Another amazing episode. And yeah wow I knew Megumi was a badass but summoning anything that forced Sukuna to use his domain expansion was in a whole different class! Just like Gojo was implying. Sorry Itadori had to deal with all the death. Hyped to see him handle it next week!
Nov 16, 2023 5:32 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to zazenboy
I never post on this website... But I had to come here to say how much they botched this episode. The animation was very ambitious but clearly unfinished, and after looking up possible reasons why, I saw that numerous animators from MAPPA took to twitter to distance themselves from what they turned out for this one. They're working on an insanely crunched schedule, and it makes complete sense to me now that so many shots were blurry, impossible to decipher, or just clearly unfinished. With extra time to review, these shots would likely have been entirely re-worked for legibility rather than just rushed to production.

On top of that, the intro theme (which I have thought from the beginning of the season is a huge downgrade from the previous themes) playing during the scene of Yuji's despair at what Sukuna had done in his body, instead of allowing for the undoubtedly amazing scoring the composers would have done here, (or even silence) was a fucking JOKE. So disappointing the company is taking such little care with the product that they're still chasing these insane deadlines and forcing artists to sign off on a lesser-than final product.
@zazenboy nah the song is really fit if u know the meaning of the lyric
Nov 16, 2023 5:33 PM

Apr 2022
that was just insane, so much happening that i actually found myself zoning out at times and had to rewind. fire animation but the art style was weird at times so ig i can't blame people for hating but i loved it personally. simply cinema, can't believe mappa is going through a crisis and is delivering this level weekly.
mahoraga himself is boring though lol i'll never get the hype. sukuna went off but nanami at the end, it pains me to see. itadori has it rough and i was missing the opening, so they put it at the end lmao a very sick episode overall.
Nov 16, 2023 5:36 PM

Jan 2021
The fight over here was impressive and so fcking cool

Nov 16, 2023 5:44 PM
Oct 2016
Poor Yuji and poor Mappa animators. Both have been through hell this season. Sukuna continuing his rampage from last episode. Since he needs Megumi alive it's time to fight the last shikigami shadow Megumi has. Now this thing looks the part of a super powerful summoned monster. It's crazy how this thing put up more of a fight then Jogo did against Sukuna. A much more entertaining fight this time than with old volcano head, both equally animated to perfection but its easy to see which required more effort from Sukuna. With more dumb narration thrown in constantly which was again a bore. This episode looked incredible once again, the animators deserve all the praise and then some. I wish they were treated better and I hope this doesn't drive them away from working on anime in the future. Yuji waking back up so to speak was brutal, not helped by the dumb decision to play the goofy opening during that scene, but it still showed how messed up Yuji is after seeing what Sukuna has done while in his body. How can he live with himself.
Nov 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Aug 2021
animators had to put out the best product they ever have before taking a strike against MAPPA. good for them. this shit was absolutely beautiful. hope they take all the time they need to get better working conditions
Nov 16, 2023 5:53 PM
May 2018

Malevolent Kitchen 😂
Nov 16, 2023 5:55 PM

Feb 2012
Haha what an episode, This episode couldve been a season finale itself.
Nov 16, 2023 6:06 PM
Jul 2022
QUE OBRA DE ARTE AUDIOVISUAL ACABO DE VEEEEEEEEEER
Nov 16, 2023 6:29 PM
May 2021
episode of the year
Nov 16, 2023 6:38 PM
Apr 2021
After 3 years this was fucking worth it THEY FUCKING WENT OFF WITH THE ANIMATION I MEAN DID YALL SEE VINCENT CHANSARD’S ANIMATION SCENE???? Bro went CRAZY😭😭😭😭😭😫😫😫

But Malevolent Kitchen killed me bc once I saw that I could see the “let him cook” “he cooking” memes coming out🤣

But the next episodes finna be peak after peak after peak🔥
Nov 16, 2023 6:39 PM
Jul 2020
Finally my daddy comeback. The fight really blow my mind.
Nov 16, 2023 6:39 PM

Dec 2021
Just . . . wow. That was fucking incredible. Massive props to the animators. Hopefully they'll finally delay it now and give them a break. It's crazy that they managed to make something this good while under so much time pressure.
Nov 16, 2023 6:40 PM
Apr 2021
Iffy stills and suspect direction, however the animation was incredible, especially under the conditions we've been hearing about lately. Mahoraga was a beast, they really managed to capture his alien-ness and menacing grin. His size was super inconsistent though. Music wasn't as well suited here as the jogo fight, early on in maho vs sukuna the music was somewhat bland, and then the sukuna vs jogo music came on but it didnt fit as well here. Felt a little just thrown in tbh. Still, great episode all round, just doesn't quite reach the heights of last episode imo.
Nov 16, 2023 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, now after watching this episode i guess i understand the rumors of this season of JJK getting canceled/put on hold, Mappa is doing such an incredible job with this, even after finishing SnK they are still managing to push stuff like this, holy sheeet!
Sukuna, ma boy! It feels like this was the first Sukuna fight that we saw where he was his strongest, that domain expansion, in this case not expansion lmao but anyways, his domain is on another level.

And Megumi ofc knew who to invoke, if only he knew that it would end up subjugated, by Sukuna.

And now Itadori, poor guy, this will and is already hitting hard on him, but he can't back down now, can't wait for the next episode!

So far this arc is a 10/10 and Mappa are doing a 10/10 job.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 16, 2023 6:44 PM
Nov 2016
Another banger episode, the OST when Sukuna was fighting that weird thing was decent too, the episode was pretty good but way too chaotic, but it was good nonetheless. So to summon that thing requires the sacrifice of 2 people? the one who summons it and the one that he's about to kill afterward? dunno, I barely kept track of all the things that happened here, way too chaotic but damn, it was fun.

I still dislike the girl who talks in the background explaining the abilities but it has to be done sadly, someone needs to explain whatever the fuck is happening and the girl is doing it, that being said, I dislike that annoying old woman's voice, with a different voice it would have been more passable.

And damn Nanami is not looking good, he looks like Gustavo Fring in his last moments.
Nov 16, 2023 6:45 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Standing ovation to the animators behind this episode. This is probably one of the most if not the most intense, dynamic, powerful and overall gorgeous fights from this arc and amidst all the meltdown going around I'll just appreciate what we got and curse MAPPA for thie horrible planification.

Let them have more time one next one please.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 16, 2023 6:48 PM
May 2021
Mappa animators the GOATS

Apr 2015
I have been watching anime for several decades but this has to be the worst animated fight I have ever seen.
OberonFelsachDec 6, 2023 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
Just gimme this undimmed. Dayum.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can this duo beat Sukuna?!

Reckless_weeb - Aug 30

18 by Arian65 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 2, 2023

336 by UltimateListless »»
Aug 30, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

580 by Fayred »»
Aug 29, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Favorite arc?

Diamtheroad - Aug 28

22 by stobagen »»
Aug 28, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Oct 12, 2023

287 by ionelHeredia »»
Aug 28, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.