Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's just really sucks how the MCA screws everyone out of this. Bankruptcy....but luckily, Shadow is still a key character in this arc.

Seriously, though bankruptcy is no joke and they really need stablility in the city. Shadow is a clever guy so I'm not that surprised he came up with clues.
Nov 15, 2023 5:58 AM

May 2020
Hilarious to see one guy stacking suitcases worth of gold coins, just for fun, and then there are people out there, living the feel of textbook depression because they were betrayed by someone or either facing their past, in the shape of ruthless bloody battle.

But the thing is, the characters in this series have a habit of reading a TAD TOO MUCH when it comes to even the smallest thing Cid has said or done lol. Now that encrypted message might have lifted the mood of the girls, but who to tell them, dude literally did that in an attempt to let the girls feel at ease, I mean he didn’t even expect them to decipher it in the first place lol.

Though here he told the truth of his treasure full of gold coins, and there the girls took it as something Cid had planned since the start… a measure to save the Mitsugoshi from bankruptcy. They literally collected his entire worth just like that, JUST LIKE THAT lol, thinking he did everything with a goodwill. Nice action sequence with Gettan there, but to be honest that man had no chance to begin with, except getting an ass kicking of lifetime from John.

Cid might have everything, but he has such rotten luck when it comes to money. Dude to this day still used to think it was Gettan who stole his gold coins lmaoo. Now if only he patiently dig a bit further... if.
Nov 15, 2023 7:08 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode

i really enjoyed every sec

the end was so funny

John Smith!!!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 15, 2023 7:08 AM
Sep 2015
I'm not sure if MCA's employees deserved being killed so many by Shadow and his Garden. Sure, MCA funds terrorist group, but they're not doing the killing by themselves, they're more like an evil company. What's more, Shadow even orders Delta to hunt Juggernaut which has nothing to do with this arc. And Juggernaut is my favorite character, just like Gettan. Though as much as I love Gettan, his crime is non-negotiable.
Nov 15, 2023 7:11 AM

Feb 2021
I'm really interested in if there've been any bank collapses because of counterfeit bills like this irl.
Gettan felt remorseful for how things ended up and actually cared about Yukime (well, in his final moments at least). Sad :(
Yukime is now allies with Shadow Garden let's goooo! I love her.
It's kinda sad how Shadow misunderstood everything and no one is actually mad at him, but I guess this is just how this series is lmao
This arc was so good! Really enjoyed it.
And Delta found some high-tech thing in the snow! A cool little teaser for the next (I guess the last) arc this season.
Nov 15, 2023 7:16 AM

Oct 2017
The series of misunderstanding had me loling. In the end things worked out, everything according to the master plan that never existed. Shadow even claimed Yukime as his precious someone, *laughs*. Great to have her with shadow garden, I'm glad we'll have more of her. Btw what does Delta want from Shadow so much? Babies?
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 AM

Feb 2018
So yeah, it just about misunderstanding. Yukime allies with Shadow garden glad to hear
Nov 15, 2023 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
THIS EPISODE IS FKING AMAZING LMAO!
I REALLY LOVE THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS AND EVER YTIME DELTA SAYING BOSSU

Nov 15, 2023 7:49 AM

Dec 2020
Well Alpha looks really depressed but after she got a letter from Shadow and that he is not abandoning her and the girls from shadow garden.
John smith took getten out and rescued Yukime well that was a nice scene.
He going on a journey.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 15, 2023 7:50 AM
Nov 2023
Well even though this is not the best episode but at least it is a sweet episode to watch. I hope for the future for this anime
Nov 15, 2023 7:51 AM

May 2015
John Smith had won it all, the money, the successful betrayal, and his dreams of spending counterfeit money. He wasn't prepared for the classic eminence in shadow misunderstandings to kick in, causing him to lose the money, regain the trust of his allies, and the citizens trusting paper money once more. Oh and he also stepped in between Gettan and Yukimes tragic love story and ended up defending her honor in the name of finding his money. Truly the behavior of an Eminence in Shadow!
Nov 15, 2023 7:52 AM

Sep 2019
Yukime x Shadow? She was saved by him back then and now again, won't be strange for her to come to like him.
Nov 15, 2023 7:54 AM
Sep 2021
Shadow defeats gettan and alpha gets the gold which shadow had hidden so that he could use it for himself, and so the misunderstanding clears and everything is good at the end.
Nov 15, 2023 7:55 AM
Sep 2016
Gettan: (points at Yukime)
Shadow: (thinks that he points to the location of the "stollen" golds instead)
Shadow: (went with Delta to dig out the supposed location. All bc of a misunderstanding)
Delta: (clonk!) Boss, found something!

The lesson here: NEVER play UNO against Shadow! What he wished is a reverse card, so that he could chuuni-ly say "UNO reverse card!". Yet bc his luck stat is so high, he'd pick +4 after +4 everytime instead. Thus, ruining your day.

PS:
Sad alpha is sad.... Relieved Alpha is wholesome.... Must protecc Alpha!
uncleqrowNov 15, 2023 8:02 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Nov 15, 2023 8:04 AM

Jul 2017
With Shadow Garden learning the truth that John Smith is their master Shadow, they're just speechless for words.

Mitsugoshi suffering under John Smith's circulation of Yukime's counterfeit money, even the Major Corporate Alliance under Gettan is under pressure to find out their enemy, which Yukime is just one thing, but Shadow is another, and both entities are on the brink of crashing out of business. Sure, the MCA may have been outwitted, but so too is Mitsugoshi bearing that Shadow has abandoned them for good. Even as the plot comes to light that Gettan is working with the Cult of Diablos, Shadow was one step ahead of them, and from the better given to Beta which Eta managed to decipher, made his intentions clear by circumventing the Cult before the credit collapse, Essentially, like Shadow Garden, Cid threw his identity as Shadow, which only made things all the clear that Mitsugoshi a.k.a Shadow Garden will survive from this. Shadow is all in for the money, and so too is Yukime who has gone to confront Gettan, which angers him.

While the community grieves over the counterfeit money, Yukime gets her revenge on Gettan, even though she is sympathetic about him saving her life. As expected, Gettan took the Cult's pill of power, only for John Smith to take action against him to retrieve Yukime back. Surely, Gettan as himself, he is powerless against John Smith, and to prove that he still has worth in Yukime's life, forcing the Juggernaut astray against the Snow Queen, leading to the collapse of the Major Corporate Alliance.

Delta digging the snow with Cid to find treasure, it's clear that he's diverting the topic as Cid fades off on his new journey.

Cid: the man who proclaims himself as John Smith, now the king of misunderstandings and musings.
Nov 15, 2023 8:07 AM
Feb 2022
Too Good. too Funny. Too Climatic.
Nov 15, 2023 8:08 AM
May 2021
Fire episode 🔥. Cid literally destroyed him for stealing his money lmao little does he know Shadow garden took it away XD. And Delta Found the One piece! , Btw Oriana Kingdom arc next fellas!
Nov 15, 2023 8:11 AM

Dec 2021
So the downfall of MCA is finally beginning eh?

The collapse of the Major Corporate Alliance has commenced, and Mitsugoshi Bank is also on the brink of bankruptcy. Amidst Alpha and others growing weary in the face of betrayal by Shadow and a desperate situation, the "code" he left behind is finally deciphered.

Gettan blundered by laying hands on Cid's gold. No one's allowed to touch his precious stash! It was amusing how Yukihime mistakenly believed "John" pursued Gettan for her. Shadow Garden secured its funds, and the girls enlisted Yukihime in their battle against the Cult.

The episode concluded hilariously with Cid and Delta randomly digging for gold.

Nov 15, 2023 8:11 AM
May 2023
what did delta found in in end of the episode?
Nov 15, 2023 8:13 AM
Jan 2011
The misunderstanding is a masterpiece
Nov 15, 2023 8:31 AM
Feb 2016
Shadow is badass like always, was also cool to see depressed Alpha. But, I feel like they messed up the sound management in this episode. The selection of songs did not really fit the TEIS theme.
Nov 15, 2023 8:33 AM
Apr 2022
The episode starts with everyone in Mitsugoshi struggling with the credit crisis and Alpha is so depressed that her master Shadow forsaken them.

Then Nu explained the true identity of the MCA belonging to the cult of Diabols and then Alpha explained the absolute master plan of Shadow which never existed, that the cult was planning to circulate counterfeit bills of their own to orchestrate the credit collapse to bring both MCA and Mitsugoshi down, but shadow has foreseen all these plans and made his own plan by first circulating the counterfeit bills before the MCA prepare for the credit collapse, and secretly retrieving all the cult's fund form MCA to save Mitsugoshi from collapsing. Then Beta came with the deciphered message of Shadow about the truth and he saved the money for the Mitsugoshi.

Then we see all the money was gone in the cave and John Smith mistaken that Gettan was the one who stole it. Then we saw a one-sided match clip of Yukime Vs Gettan, and Gettan was easily defeated by Yukime. Then Gettan used the cult's red pill to get an enormous strength and slashed Yukime's back, then John Smith came to the rescue with a one-liner this time "I am only here to retrieve something very precious to me" was funny. Gettan doesn't even have a chance in this fight.

Then finally Yukime became an ally with Shadow Garden.
Shadow still thinks everyone is angry at him and going on a journey.
Nov 15, 2023 8:35 AM
Aug 2021
Embient said:
I'm really interested in if there've been any bank collapses because of counterfeit bills like this irl.
Gettan felt remorseful for how things ended up and actually cared about Yukime (well, in his final moments at least). Sad :(
Yukime is now allies with Shadow Garden let's goooo! I love her.
It's kinda sad how Shadow misunderstood everything and no one is actually mad at him, but I guess this is just how this series is lmao
This arc was so good! Really enjoyed it.
And Delta found some high-tech thing in the snow! A cool little teaser for the next (I guess the last) arc this season.

I don't belive there's been any expressly because of counterfeits but there's been plenty of bank runs.
Nov 15, 2023 8:42 AM
Dec 2022
it's the same from the beginning. this anime is staking true to its
Nov 15, 2023 8:49 AM

Mar 2013
And so, a lot of misunderstanding begins again. lmao
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 15, 2023 8:56 AM

Jan 2021
Shadow randomly blurting out *SANTA CLAUS* in english 🤌
Nov 15, 2023 9:10 AM
Apr 2018
Alpha is the most matured and a smart girl within the Shadow Garden. I hope she becomes the best girl, although the chances of any single girl being the female lead are very slim. Shadow is truly a Sigma.
Lol how Shadow fought for his "precious" and we know how Getting & Yukime misunderstood it.

I'm sure Delta would ask Shadow for Babies 🥵😆
Doutei-kunNov 15, 2023 9:13 AM
Nov 15, 2023 9:10 AM

Jun 2020
Cid's talk with Delta in the end is the true gold here
Nov 15, 2023 9:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Banks closing due to lack of currency is a new one. Alpha sure suffered quite the shock from her defeat last ep. The translated message though sure did well in dispelling the gloom that Alpha and co were going through. Shadow's timing for his entrances was as impecable as always. He sure made the fight against Gettan pretty one sided. In the end im glad that Gettan and the cult's plans were dealt with successfully. The expression that Gamma and her girls gave as they showed the masses that pile of gold coins really was priceless. Shadow's rewriting of santa as a character though lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2023 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
Such meme much wow this episode.

Misunderstandings expand the harem further.

The santa clause take was quite good.

In the end, he is indeed the winner but likewise the loser.

Shadow can just grab every single gold coin Mitsugoshi Company owns, then Shadow Garden would still be happy to assist him in his endeavors.
Nov 15, 2023 9:22 AM

May 2015
Now that's how you execute a series of misunderstanding in a story flawlessly, and as a result the punchline of the comedy is very impactful lol

This is probably the most enjoyable episode of the second season so far, and the other episodes are no slouch either

This second season seems to be much more refined and extremely polished compared to the first season, I thoroughly enjoy this arc adaptation of Volume 3

Let's see whether or not they can match the same quality for the next arc, which is the Volume 4 in a 5 episodes adaptation...
Nov 15, 2023 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
Love how Shadow accomplished his Goal while also not accomplishing his goal lol.

I think it shows that his plans and ideas are not 100% going to happen the way he sees them but they so far have turned out better then how he sees them.

I wonder what Delta found?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 15, 2023 9:44 AM
Jun 2023
man, I am in love with this chapter and delta rocks every time she given a chance,
Nov 15, 2023 9:45 AM

Mar 2021
I just love Cid-Delta interactions... Its so cute, I cant help myself from smiling.
Nov 15, 2023 9:46 AM
Jun 2023
MegamiRem said:
The series of misunderstanding had me loling. In the end things worked out, everything according to the master plan that never existed. Shadow even claimed Yukime as his precious someone, *laughs*. Great to have her with shadow garden, I'm glad we'll have more of her. Btw what does Delta want from Shadow so much? Babies?

man, he added fox women in harem, hahahah, 🤣🤣 and he didn't even mean that, he was talking about money 1🤣🤣
Nov 15, 2023 9:46 AM

Feb 2019
Another awesome episode. Arguably the best of the second season. The John Smith vs Gettan fight was great. John breaking Gettan’s jaw as bro was about to take more of those power up pills was brutal. Then literally beating bro to death, Jesus

What I liked most about this one though was how the misunderstandings kept piling up one after another eventually leading to Yukime joining the harem and working as the underbelly of Shadow Garden’s business front. Not to mention she’s now his “precious thing”

More great Delta and Cid interactions at the end of the episode. It’s hilarious how Cid just plays her for a fool in all their convos. “I didn’t make a promise with you” 😂 and well there’s the financial crisis avoided with Delta recovering Gettan’s buried treasure.

Hilarious memey episode that really encapsulates everything good about this series. A series of misunderstandings that snowball into Cid’s master plan.
Marinate1016Nov 15, 2023 9:52 AM
Nov 15, 2023 10:02 AM
Jun 2021
I love eminem in the shadow
Nov 15, 2023 10:14 AM
Feb 2023
execussion is great i like this episode. and the story mostly same with what i read at manga
Nov 15, 2023 10:14 AM
Mar 2021
FUCKING GOATED EPISODE
Nov 15, 2023 10:28 AM
Jun 2019
What did Delta find buried in the snow??????????????
Nov 15, 2023 10:31 AM

Feb 2021
So Shadow's plan to bankrupt Mitsugoshi and start a new company him as CEO failed...

Alpha discovered the location of the gold, and without Shadow knowing, took it all to save Mitsugoshi.

Pretty good episode, this covers the end of this arc, so let's see if this season will end with the next arc...
Nov 15, 2023 10:54 AM

Sep 2018
Wow, did I actually feel a little bit sorry for Gettan at the end there!?

So many misunderstandings, so much murder, and always the comedy gold that comes from Cid's tenuous grasp on reality.

I do hope that twisted Santa story gets further developed over time, someone got seriously let down every christmas

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 15, 2023 10:55 AM
May 2021
Lmaooo Shadow just doing side missions at this point 🤣🤣
Nov 15, 2023 10:59 AM

Nov 2019
This episode represents everything I love in this show. This is peak, the best episode of the anime.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Nov 15, 2023 11:21 AM

May 2011
Reply to Softhenic03
Hilarious to see one guy stacking suitcases worth of gold coins, just for fun, and then there are people out there, living the feel of textbook depression because they were betrayed by someone or either facing their past, in the shape of ruthless bloody battle.

But the thing is, the characters in this series have a habit of reading a TAD TOO MUCH when it comes to even the smallest thing Cid has said or done lol. Now that encrypted message might have lifted the mood of the girls, but who to tell them, dude literally did that in an attempt to let the girls feel at ease, I mean he didn’t even expect them to decipher it in the first place lol.

Though here he told the truth of his treasure full of gold coins, and there the girls took it as something Cid had planned since the start… a measure to save the Mitsugoshi from bankruptcy. They literally collected his entire worth just like that, JUST LIKE THAT lol, thinking he did everything with a goodwill. Nice action sequence with Gettan there, but to be honest that man had no chance to begin with, except getting an ass kicking of lifetime from John.

Cid might have everything, but he has such rotten luck when it comes to money. Dude to this day still used to think it was Gettan who stole his gold coins lmaoo. Now if only he patiently dig a bit further... if.
@Softhenic03 He kinda did do everything with a goodwill but he was supposed to be the main beneficiary of that goodwill.
Nov 15, 2023 11:24 AM

May 2011
Reply to borderliner
Wow, did I actually feel a little bit sorry for Gettan at the end there!?

So many misunderstandings, so much murder, and always the comedy gold that comes from Cid's tenuous grasp on reality.

I do hope that twisted Santa story gets further developed over time, someone got seriously let down every christmas

@borderliner Yup. When is the Shadow vs Santa arc? Lol
Nov 15, 2023 11:29 AM
Mar 2020
Delta was promised and he betrayed her, what a meanie....
Nov 15, 2023 11:31 AM

Apr 2018
Shadow's notes got deciphered and they were a step ahead of him by taking in the golds. The girls are still always ready to do whatever they need to in order to live up to his expectations. While he just does whatever he wants and it works out in the end. I'm still not satisfied with how the production turned out to be. Not a single fight up till this episode has been animated fluidily like last season. Perhaps the one against the vampire, but that is it. It's just still frames over and over.. But the soundtrack and character interaction lives up to the first season as it is just hilarious as fuck (eg. delta and shadow's convo in the end lol).

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 15, 2023 11:57 AM
May 2022
Reply to MegamiRem
@MegamiRem She seems to want to make them, at least.
Nov 15, 2023 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
Reply to Shingster
Banks closing due to lack of currency is a new one. Alpha sure suffered quite the shock from her defeat last ep. The translated message though sure did well in dispelling the gloom that Alpha and co were going through. Shadow's timing for his entrances was as impecable as always. He sure made the fight against Gettan pretty one sided. In the end im glad that Gettan and the cult's plans were dealt with successfully. The expression that Gamma and her girls gave as they showed the masses that pile of gold coins really was priceless. Shadow's rewriting of santa as a character though lol.
Shingster said:
Banks closing due to lack of currency is a new one.

For the series, yes, but certainly not in history.

Most people would point to the bank runs early during the Great Depression (see an example in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life"), but a more recent example is the story of Silicon Valley Bank.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2023

333 by The69King420 »»
Oct 11, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

332 by Axa_san »»
Sep 12, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2023

144 by MUIGaryuu »»
Aug 27, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2023

128 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

166 by phantom346 »»
Aug 6, 2:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.