Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hitorijime Boyfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2017 9:15 AM

Feb 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Edit: Removed post
pgmhecateiiJun 10, 2019 11:54 AM

🎐
ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇssɪɢ ʙʏ _ᴀʏᴀsᴇ
Jul 15, 2017 9:28 AM

Jan 2017
Oh man, there sure was some tension in this episode. It was so HAWT!

No, seriously, i wasn't expecting that aggressiveness from Hasekura. Aaand kensuke is way too cute and funny! :3
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jul 15, 2017 9:59 AM

May 2017
"I'd make you mine somehow, no matter what it takes."
'Including raping you'
Yep, still prefer kousuke x settie romance, their romance are far better than hasekura x kensuke, the rest ep 2 are boring(except the childhood flashback, it's really cute), tom preview still haseken pair....idk how long until we get kousettie moment/ep sigh......
livexevilJul 15, 2017 10:23 AM
Jul 15, 2017 10:12 AM
Jul 2017
Basically, I could not keep calm while watching this episode. Kensuke's obliviousness to Hasekura's feelings had me facepalming more often than not. It was so obvious pls help me! I immediately started freaking when Hasekura turned into some sort of a 'yandere' type by the end. I kinda hope he stays like that... maybe. I should check out the manga...
KurariyonJul 15, 2017 10:16 AM
Jul 15, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2017
Both relationships so far seem inherently abusive, to be honest. With the main pairing, we've got a huge power unbalance(Teacher/student relationship). We've seen very little of the pairing yet, however, so I'll reserve judgement on it.

The other pairing is so cutter cookie shounen-ai I just can't bring myself to care. The oblivious bottom and the top who seems to find okay to force himself on the other guy. ''Cut ties or sleep with me?'' Hardly the base for a healthy and loving relationship, if you ask me.
Jul 15, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2008
So I'm wondering..are they going to do the Boyfriend part of the story before Hero? Or alternate between Hero and Boyfriend? So far it seems they've done the intro to Hero, and the past half of the first episode and the whole second one have been Boyfriend.

I like how the anime is going. So far it's actually better than the manga.

Jul 15, 2017 11:04 AM
Apr 2017
Ahhh.. Kensuke is so cute but he is so dense... but I think Kensuke failed to realise Hasekura's feeling because he is sincere being Hasekura's friend and does not expect to have a love relationship with Hasekura at all... Afterall, love between men is not normal..

By the way, I like this episode but still, I am waiting for episodes with more Kousuke! 😙😙😙
Jul 15, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2017
SilverSkies said:
Both relationships so far seem inherently abusive, to be honest. With the main pairing, we've got a huge power unbalance(Teacher/student relationship). We've seen very little of the pairing yet, however, so I'll reserve judgement on it.

The other pairing is so cutter cookie shounen-ai I just can't bring myself to care. The oblivious bottom and the top who seems to find okay to force himself on the other guy. ''Cut ties or sleep with me?'' Hardly the base for a healthy and loving relationship, if you ask me.
actually the abusive one is the one you so called "so cutter cookie shounen-ai" pairing lol means hasekura x kensuke, if u read the manga u will know why, and the light hearted one is the kousuke x settie (teacher x student one) they don't forced out on other feelings unlike the haseken pair.....=_=
Jul 15, 2017 11:15 AM

May 2017
livexevil said:
actually the abusive one is the one you so called "so cutter cookie shounen-ai" pairing lol means hasekura x kensuke, if u read the manga u will know why, and the light hearted one is the kousuke x settie (teacher x student one) they don't forced out on other feelings unlike the haseken pair.....=_=

Well to be fair, most shounen-ai IS somewhat abusive. Hasekura/Kensuke seems to fall in the the cutter cookie shounen-ai, because it appears to be one guy forcing his feelings on the other guy. (Something we see in Junjou Romantica as well, for example.)

I am aware the relationships in shounen-ai manga are often far more diverse, but in anime, the dynamic with Hasekura and Kensuke seems nothing new. I'm hoping for the student/teacher one to be healthier(and maybe it is, I haven't seen enough yet, if they don't force feelings on each other like you say, that's a good sign :) ), but with the inherent power unbalance that can be difficult.
Jul 15, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode! Not sure how i feel about the last few seconds though.
Jul 15, 2017 11:34 AM

Oct 2008
God dammit I hate Hasekura.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jul 15, 2017 11:56 AM

May 2017
SilverSkies said:
livexevil said:

Well to be fair, most shounen-ai IS somewhat abusive. Hasekura/Kensuke seems to fall in the the cutter cookie shounen-ai, because it appears to be one guy forcing his feelings on the other guy. (Something we see in Junjou Romantica as well, for example.)

I am aware the relationships in shounen-ai manga are often far more diverse, but in anime, the dynamic with Hasekura and Kensuke seems nothing new. I'm hoping for the student/teacher one to be healthier(and maybe it is, I haven't seen enough yet, if they don't force feelings on each other like you say, that's a good sign :) ), but with the inherent power unbalance that can be difficult.
yeah, in manga(hitorijime boyfriend)hasekura actually forced himself on kensuke so many times(u can say he sexually attacked kensuke/raped him), plus kensuke tsundere personality didn't help at all, that it makes their romance looks so bad and so cliche + cringey/uncomfortable to read..........as for kousuke x settie(teacher/student), theres no rape/sexual attack things in their relationship(I've read the manga), and both of them are really cute as couple! Their interaction and personality are <3 also the minus thing from them is only the teacher x student status. But I think it's still good as long theres no forced relationship/using rapey as romance plot between them unlike the other pair(haseken), I just really2 hope they tame it a bit at hasekura x kensuke part...
livexevilJul 15, 2017 12:01 PM
Jul 15, 2017 12:52 PM

Dec 2014
well that was unexpected... kensuke voice makes you want to listen to him more...or is it just me
Jul 15, 2017 1:30 PM

May 2010
Damn, I was hoping this BL wouldn't get creepy like all the other ones. Dropping it. Not my thing.
Jul 15, 2017 1:37 PM
Jul 2015
"Let me fuck you or stop talking to me". Wow, how romantic, really.
[VI II I]
Jul 15, 2017 1:54 PM
Jul 2016
Well now I see why people were calling it rapey last week, I'll never understand why fujos like that stuff so much. Still, cute episode yay.
Jul 15, 2017 2:34 PM

Oct 2014
ibraheem234 said:
well that was unexpected... kensuke voice makes you want to listen to him more...or is it just me

It's not just you, I love that voice actor! Though this is not one of his best works, but I melt everytime I hear him speak :D
Jul 15, 2017 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
here we have the typical yandere type and emotional blackmail.......no thanks

positives...background characters are cute

the gym teacher has no pupils
Jul 15, 2017 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
I am finding it very difficult to sit through this series, not because of the subject matter but simply because of how boring it is. It feels like the series doesn't know what it wants to be. The characters are boring, their conversations are uninteresting, and the side characters are so forgettable that they can't do the job of supporting the main cast properly.
Jul 15, 2017 2:58 PM

Oct 2008
ThePify said:
Ugh, this anime is turning out to be another rape-infested shounen-ai. I seriously hope the main couple has a good relationship and is actually adorable just like everyone is saying.

It's not the magnum opus of BL but it's much much better than "My Boyfriend"
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jul 15, 2017 4:08 PM

Aug 2011
Hmmm the episode was so so, I was kinda surprised to see that the 2nd episode was already focusing on the 2nd pairing more than the main one. So I was a little disappointed since I prefer Kousuke & Setagawa.

I also hope Hasekura has some reasons behind his actions, because pushing Kensuke to such lenghts isn't cool! Poor baby :(

Jul 15, 2017 4:40 PM

Jan 2015
Wow thats a very good episode and anime overall. Second episode in and we already god a kiss WOw
The highlight of the episode is the kiss of course, but i really liked how this anime handles relationships, execution is very good. So we found out that Hasekura is the one who left because of his family's business and they promised to stay together forever, it was cool to see how it both affected them. After Hasekura's explanation they are friends again and Kensuke is very happy. I also liked the backstory of them staying in the cave and making that promise and Hasekura was all brave there.

I like how Hasekura asked why is he asking why he has a girlfriend, he thought that Kensuke asks for himself there, that scene was sweet.
I like how pushy Hasekura was asking if he likes him and getting upset because its not the kind of "LIKE" he meant and he just went and showed what "Like" really means ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Cut ties with me again or sleep with me" sure Kensuke is screwed now facing such a compromise :D
Jul 15, 2017 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
WHY THE CENSOR! I WANNA SEE THE KISS DAMNIT! PLS MAKE THERE BE MANY MORE!
Jul 15, 2017 6:24 PM

Jun 2016
Kyaaaaa! Only homosexual romances can make me squeal like a dying hyena. Hahahaha! Someone calm this poor fujoshi's heart down. I can't. I can't.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 15, 2017 7:02 PM
Feb 2012
http://imgur.com/a/koesb

Super-large raindrops...
[FelineYogi]
Jul 15, 2017 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
The relationship between Hasekura and Kensuke could be so much cuter if Hasekura wasn't such a psycho. I mean, the kiss scene was cute, ok, I agree Kensuke is too slow and deep down knows he has feeling for Hasekura, but then the emotional blackmail and all... "I jsut decided you would be mine"... Geez, so unnecessary :~
Jul 15, 2017 7:29 PM

Oct 2016
I wasn't entirely invested in the first episode because of the flash back scenes and I was kinda confused as to whether this would be actually be a boys love anime as advertised ( didn't check the tag or synopsis or anything. Just kinda went in based on the promotional images ) or not and the first episode, though it has some teasings didn't really do it for me. It was only until I moved onto the second episode in which I knew I would be sticking with this series. My little fujoshi heart couldn't take the kiss scene. Hasekura ( I think his name is ) seems like kind of a bastardbut that's kind of expected. Ive seen enough BL anime's to know this lol. Even so that's not going to stop me from watching this. I look forward to future episodes.
Jul 15, 2017 7:55 PM
Apr 2012
FranLawliet said:
Damn, I was hoping this BL wouldn't get creepy like all the other ones. Dropping it. Not my thing.

I really recommend at least reading the Hitorijime My Hero manga. Its focused solely on Setti and Kousuke, so you don't see the Boyrfriend pairing as much. Just here and there but no focus on their relationship. There isn't anything creepy about the My Hero relationship and its really sweet! <3
KikkiNightJul 15, 2017 7:58 PM
Jul 15, 2017 9:16 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
It's a little disconcerting to hear the "Harem Prince" Matsuoka playing an uke character, but it's not entirely a bad thing. (Then again. it seems like Matsuoka's really been trying to expand his roles and vocalization styles since around, oh, Re:Zero or so.) Last week I thought Ken-kyun's whining was kinda cute, but that sort of changed this episode. Now I'm kinda rooting for Hasekura torapehim. Considering that, I'd really prefer to move on to KouSeta, even though I kinda like Hasekura.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Jul 15, 2017 9:31 PM

May 2017
Basically adding hitorijime boyfriend(Hasekura/Kensuke) arc is the same way to ruined a good romance story like hitorijime my hero(Kousuke/Settie).
I just want the conflict between Hasekura/Kensuke to be finished as fast as it can, so we can get a better romance from Kousuke/Settie.
Jul 16, 2017 12:16 AM

Jan 2010
I didn't read that this was shounen ai; I could catch the vibe for sure, but imagine my surprise when rapey mcrapeface forced a kiss, lol.
Jul 16, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2017
homonanoka said:
Basically adding hitorijime boyfriend(Hasekura/Kensuke) arc is the same way to ruined a good romance story like hitorijime my hero(Kousuke/Settie).
I just want the conflict between Hasekura/Kensuke to be finished as fast as it can, so we can get a better romance from Kousuke/Settie.
Exactly, I just want to see kousettie romance TT__TT I guess we need to wait 4-5 ep until haseken conflict finished, and Kousettie romance start blooming ;^; *cries*.......they should named it Hitorijime Boyfriend than Hitorijime my hero.....
Jul 16, 2017 5:51 AM

Jul 2017
No pupils sensei was creepy
The last 5 minutes where even creepier
Forced romance is not my thing, dropping
Jul 16, 2017 6:42 AM

Aug 2016
Ughh, I was hoping that they wouldn't include this pairing in the adaptation.
I hate Hasekura with a passion - his actions are basically blackmail.

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Jul 16, 2017 7:37 AM
Nov 2016
It seems that the story is all over the place. But I'm going to finish the series so it doesn't matter...
Jul 16, 2017 8:37 AM

May 2017
"shounen ai"

They should change it to yaoi coz they're most likely gonna fucc next episode
Jul 16, 2017 11:56 AM

Apr 2009
SakurasouBusters said:
Good episode! Not sure how i feel about the last few seconds though.

^ This.

I thought it was really cute and I was so happy that Hasekura showed his feelings so quickly instead of letting it build up in a big misunderstanding. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere he basically threatens Kensuke?! What the fuck was that?? ... ugh... I'm so annoyed.
Jul 16, 2017 1:18 PM

May 2009
God damn it, there was too much Hasekura in this episode.
“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Jul 16, 2017 4:27 PM

Apr 2014
honestly why tf did they give it that title when the story is hitorijime my boyfriend centric? I don't give 2 shits about them or their relationship like "cut ties with me again or sleep with me" yikes miss me with that crap. Hasekure is a lot better in my hero bc he isn't the main character and therefore more bearable there despite still being a D. Even being bitter about someone else happiness. And Kensuke is annoying. Urgh. I thought they'd fix them, but I guess they are beyond the redemption arc.

Give me Setti and Kousuke pls that's all I am asking for.
Jul 16, 2017 11:21 PM

Oct 2011
Omg that ending ahhhhhh 😍
Jul 17, 2017 6:07 PM

May 2014
Everything about this is just so cliche and that would usually really bother me...but this time around I can't seem to find myself minding.

Probably my guilty pleasure of the season tbh XD

Hasekura is a bit of a creeper though...not sure if I'm comfortable with such a warped ultimatum. Surely he could just, I don't know, ask Kensuke out like a normal person?

Kensuke is pretty adorable, but I'd much rather have the focus shift to Setagawa and Kousuke because I find their dynamic more interesting I swear it's not bc of the whole student x teacher thing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2017 4:04 AM

Nov 2016
Episode was decent, my only problem was Hasekura beeing pushy and the forced kiss, I count this as borderline rape.

I just hope this show won't cross the line and have actual one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 19, 2017 2:09 PM
Jan 2016
Well they do have a great past friendship. Somewhat forced yeah but that's one way to work on thick-headed like Kensuke (and Nejima in Koi to Uso, you don't want to be like Nisaka forever </3) then if it's a NO like NOT GONNA HAPPEN, then he gaved him a favor to move on, that's awesome actually
Jul 19, 2017 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
livexevil said:
SilverSkies said:

yeah, in manga(hitorijime boyfriend)hasekura actually forced himself on kensuke so many times(u can say he sexually attacked kensuke/raped him), plus kensuke tsundere personality didn't help at all, that it makes their romance looks so bad and so cliche + cringey/uncomfortable to read..........as for kousuke x settie(teacher/student), theres no rape/sexual attack things in their relationship(I've read the manga), and both of them are really cute as couple! Their interaction and personality are <3 also the minus thing from them is only the teacher x student status. But I think it's still good as long theres no forced relationship/using rapey as romance plot between them unlike the other pair(haseken), I just really2 hope they tame it a bit at hasekura x kensuke part...

Damn how far does Hasekura go?
Jul 19, 2017 11:08 PM
Jan 2016
The_Chosen_One23 said:

it's just 6 chapters.. anyway, here's an example :

jin_raitoJul 20, 2017 1:14 AM
Jul 20, 2017 3:45 AM

May 2017
The_Chosen_One23 said:

Basically this⬇
jin_raito said:

dont make him traumatized lol, just like u say it's bit different but the main plot still the same(how he using force to get close with kensuke), I really really hope they tamed it.....and not too graphic like the manga..their romance makes me cringe a lot..
Jul 20, 2017 10:56 AM
Jul 2017
I know everyone is mentioning the line "Cut ties with me or sleep with me" but I don't think it was meant to be a serious thing? He smiled and laughed a little after it, maybe I am mistaken but it definitely seems like he wasn't serious, at least not 100%. We know Kensuke shares feelings for him because of his little day dream so I'm just wondering when he will open up too and hopefully we won't see any more scenes that seem a little controlling.
Jul 20, 2017 11:00 AM
Jul 2017
jin_raito said:
The_Chosen_One23 said:

Oh gosh that's so intense, does he ease up later though? or do they continue to have what seems to be the start of a demanding relationship?
Jul 20, 2017 10:35 PM

May 2014
I thought this series was meant to be focused on the teacher/student pairing?

Ken is fecking annoying and if this carries on I'm dropping.
Jul 21, 2017 8:12 AM
Jan 2016
Sftbookbee said:
jin_raito said:

Oh gosh that's so intense, does he ease up later though? or do they continue to have what seems to be the start of a demanding relationship?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KannoSugako - Sep 23, 2017

60 by Tartch »»
Sep 3, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

livexevil - Jul 22, 2017

54 by luviendsol »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Jul 8, 2017

90 by seyowan »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:33 PM

» Does this new visual imply a new season in production (or is this just delusional wishful thinking)?

__potato__ - Jun 27, 2023

6 by KawaiiSmile »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:36 AM

» Is this supposed to be season 1 or no?

RealCheeze - Feb 12, 2023

3 by RealCheeze »»
Feb 12, 2023 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.