Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2023 9:12 AM

Feb 2021
Never heard about this, starting just because of the MAL Profile Badge Event. Now let's see what this is all about.

This is some really good CGI.
That devil looks like it was made with Live2D which Vtubers often use.
10 billion yen is... 66,990,500 USD. Wtf.
Buraikan (無頼漢 lit. "not trust man") means "ruffian; villain; scoundrel" but it's actually written as 武雷管 - "military detonator" or "warrior detonator". Probably a pun.
And Akanyatsura is something like "useless guys" or "no good guys" but it's written as 悪漢奴等 - "rascal; villain; scoundrel; ruffian; crook" + "guys"
Oh, this is actually the song I got from the MAL quiz. Nice.
Is this some sort of addiction from the metal? Reminds me of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

This was cool. Probably not something I'll look forward to much every week but still nice. The animation is really good tho.
Oct 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Feb 2020
Not a bad first episode, but I don't know... Maybe not my cup of tea.

I can't complain about the animation, though.
Oct 3, 2023 9:39 AM

Sep 2023
okok this is coming from someone who is anne obsessed and has been waiting for this anime since it was announced so yeah,, theres gonna be a lot of screaming and stuff.

THAT WAS SO GOOD I????? ANNE HELLO????? THEYRE SO??????? i love anne i love them sm but ill try talk about other things too uhhh lets see,,, the performance at the start w bae was rly cool!!! esp allen's phantoms,, ive been waiting wayyy too long to seem them animated man :,) and allens goofy ass alarm clock hello?? thats so him omg,, goofy boyflop autism hiphop blah blah hes skrunkly im gonna put him in a blender. we saw sm of anne's outfits too,,, theyre so pretty im obsessed waaahehsjxd ;_; and the helicopter at the end??/ fuck that was,,, that was insane lmao, kinda jealous of allen getting to be stepped on by anne ngl,,, but uh yeah!!! super good episode in general, i love it sm man.

as for the,,, trap reaction at the end. no words. honestly. as much as seeing trap reactions makes me feel sad and sorry for the characters it reminds me of why i love this series sm. def not prepared to see anne's tho,,, just seeing that photo of their mum earlier filled me w a ton of rage lol
Oct 3, 2023 9:39 AM
Nov 2020
absolutely adore paradox live, the animation was great along with the cg. i cannot wait for more episodes !!!!
Oct 3, 2023 9:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm really impressed with animation and art, i knew Pine Jam are good when it comes to that but damn they went hard here.

This is definitely a ''rule of cool'' anime, enjoyed that a good bit.
Oct 3, 2023 9:51 AM
Aug 2022
This is my most anticipated anime of the season and they did not disappoint. The music, the animation, the storylines, the character personalities, the mysteries surrounding the characters.
Really fucking good
Oct 3, 2023 9:55 AM

Oct 2011
BAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Sep 2022
Wow, I mean I wasn’t coming into this with high hopes considering the way that Hypmic was adapted but this first episode went way beyond my expectations… the animation was a lot more fluid than I imagine (again, I had really really low expectations for this) and the cgi was used in a way that almost blended the scenes with the background.

Sep 2015
Finally a team-based rapper anime that can rival Hypnosis Mic, such a good coincident that in this season we also get HypMic season 2 as well. The market is big enough for more than one rap game. Next in line on what I want to see the game get anime adapt is BlackStar though many more fan would say Charisma House.

I'm surprised at the presence of a single woman in Paradox Live. In anime like this the number of female is usually zero or less. But at least this episode makes it clear that she can't be ship with another guy.
Oct 3, 2023 9:58 AM
Oct 2015
Nothing special...

Starts very rough.
Oct 3, 2023 10:05 AM
May 2023
AAA ITS FINALLY HERE

loved the animation and the visuals! the CG looks amazing I can't wait for more episodes!!

also Anne is just ❤️❤️✨✨
Oct 3, 2023 10:06 AM

Mar 2012
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA After almost 4 years since its start in 2019, this beauty from Paradox Live has an anime!!! I'm crying!!! Do you know how screwed up it is to be imagining the scenes of your voice dramas? I will finally watch and we will see (fans of this since before the anime) many of the favorite scenes already animated! There are 12 chapters so it is expected to have a better adaptation of the Drama Voices from Opening Show to Battle Vibes EVEN THOUGH it is not known how they are going to adapt when deciding the winner of phase 1, since there was no final battle but rather they told the winner at the first Dope Show concert. As long as the ending is the faithful adaptation of Live, there is no problem since it is the prelude to Phase 2 AND I HOPE IT IS SO!

It will be 3 months of hip hop, unique shows and finally seeing the Phantom illusions in action!! It's one thing to see a short film with the design of the illusions and another thing to see them act on a stage.

AND FUCK EVERYTHING!!! FINALLY REVEAL BURAIKAN'S PHANTOM METAL!!! It was the best kept secret because just last year they revealed their Phantom Illusions but never showed their Phantom Metal! Thanks anime! you did something right!!! AHHHHHH

I can say that they did a good adaptation of the first Drama voice, which is Opening show BAE, there are changes, but I can feel satisfied. They are following the same model that is happening with the manga. Because: Finally we see Anne's mother who is not revealed until after the Battle Pride, we meet the Suiseki Clan (In photo) which is the Clan that the members of Akanyatsura are part of, the Alter Trigger laboratories which are one of the points within the lore of Paradox Live. Although it worries me that a staff from that laboratory sees Yasha's Phantom Metal... is the theory that Yasha is dead and what we are seeing in stage 2 an illusion?

However, the pace of the changes because I'm afraid of that and that the same thing they did with Hypmic would happen. I found out that the last season of that anime was not adapted as it should be.

And....damn, finally start to suffer because we will see the trap reactions that is the suffering of the 14 characters...I remember that when ParaLive uploaded the videos revealing their traumas of the characters...it was raw and now that it will be animated it will be to be sad ToT

With the character of Phantom Devil...WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THERE ALL MIGHT? Don't tell me that in the BNHA manga you are dying so that you can be reborn as a pet demon who will present the Stage Battles? :v (The joke I make is because the seiyuu of the creature is the same seiyuu of All Might). It is very curious that they added that character since originally the voice of someone acting as "presenter" was heard (In fact in the manga we don't even see it) so I wonder if that was the voice that I have been hearing throughout the whole thing. this time on Paralive videos and drama voices.But that it's a pet and not a person is very strange which either could be a good idea or a very bad one o.o Although well....too curious is that this pet could be the franchise official.

Oct 3, 2023 10:12 AM

Aug 2021
nah why allen got this friday night funkin ass alarm💀💀💀

Oct 3, 2023 10:35 AM
Oct 2020
This. Artstyle. SLAPS! God i love the artstyle and the animation and the blend of cg and 2d animation done just right, this was one of the animes i was most excited for this season, I hadn't even watched the trailer (which I just don't do for anime anyway) but man, this did disappoint in the slightest, it's exactly what I expected and wanted, I really don't want to have to watch to weekly but waiting for it to finish is even harder now so I'm gonna watch it weekly anyway
Oct 3, 2023 11:11 AM
May 2021
started this because of the paradox live profile badge event as well. went into it not knowing what to expect but it was actually really good and im excited to watch more!
My 2023 candies:
Oct 3, 2023 11:15 AM
Nov 2019
Where am I able to watch this in North America?
Oct 3, 2023 11:22 AM

Oct 2011
BigBookEnergy said:

cruncyroll or elsewhere
Oct 3, 2023 11:33 AM
Feb 2021
The male protagonists are indeed handsome, cool, and the production is exceptionally well-done.
Oct 3, 2023 11:49 AM
Sep 2023
WAHH it's finally here!!! I'm so excited!!! the anime character design and the colors are so good!!!! I'm interested to see how the pacing will be and how they'll tell everyone's stories! probably a bit confusing for newcomers to ParaLive to have all these characters thrown at you lol.

Anne I love you!!!! Your fashion is going to be a highlight of the show!!!

I hate how people rate anime when only a single episode is out :-/ opened up MAL and already a 6 chill y'all
Oct 3, 2023 11:57 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to menherabf
okok this is coming from someone who is anne obsessed and has been waiting for this anime since it was announced so yeah,, theres gonna be a lot of screaming and stuff.

THAT WAS SO GOOD I????? ANNE HELLO????? THEYRE SO??????? i love anne i love them sm but ill try talk about other things too uhhh lets see,,, the performance at the start w bae was rly cool!!! esp allen's phantoms,, ive been waiting wayyy too long to seem them animated man :,) and allens goofy ass alarm clock hello?? thats so him omg,, goofy boyflop autism hiphop blah blah hes skrunkly im gonna put him in a blender. we saw sm of anne's outfits too,,, theyre so pretty im obsessed waaahehsjxd ;_; and the helicopter at the end??/ fuck that was,,, that was insane lmao, kinda jealous of allen getting to be stepped on by anne ngl,,, but uh yeah!!! super good episode in general, i love it sm man.

as for the,,, trap reaction at the end. no words. honestly. as much as seeing trap reactions makes me feel sad and sorry for the characters it reminds me of why i love this series sm. def not prepared to see anne's tho,,, just seeing that photo of their mum earlier filled me w a ton of rage lol
@menherabf
kinda jealous of allen getting to be stepped on by anne ngl

REAL SHIT!!!

I share all your sentiments omg seeing Anne looking at their phone on the rooftop made me emo. Everyone's out here having panic attacks already I'm not prepared. literally all of their backstories are so painful. But Allen's was so vivid it stunned me. ignoring how much all the trauma is going to destroy me to go "yippee! can't wait for Satsuki and Anne to meet!"

literally said the same about anne's outfits I'm so excited all of their casual/lounge wear is SO!!! grarararaghhhgh
Oct 3, 2023 11:59 AM

Nov 2022
I came here only because Anne Faulkner ;)
Oct 3, 2023 12:00 PM

Feb 2012
Reply to phantomfandom
Finally a team-based rapper anime that can rival Hypnosis Mic, such a good coincident that in this season we also get HypMic season 2 as well. The market is big enough for more than one rap game. Next in line on what I want to see the game get anime adapt is BlackStar though many more fan would say Charisma House.

I'm surprised at the presence of a single woman in Paradox Live. In anime like this the number of female is usually zero or less. But at least this episode makes it clear that she can't be ship with another guy.
@phantomfandom Anne is not actually female, born male and identifies as non-binary but likes to dress femininely.
Oct 3, 2023 12:05 PM

Dec 2021
If I had a nickel for every rap battle show this season, I'd have two nickels. It's not much, but it's odd that we're getting two.

Have you ever rapped so intensely that your DNA resonated with liquid metal to conjure a stand? A pretty impressive kick-off. The songs were quite enjoyable.

It seems the BAE style draws heavy inspiration from Korean hip hop. It'll be intriguing to witness the different styles of the other three groups.

Additionally, there's a subplot involving Allen and phantom metal.

Oct 3, 2023 12:08 PM
Jun 2023
I went into this anime completely blind. Didn't know anything. But this episode got me to realize the anime is fantastic!
Oct 3, 2023 12:15 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
If I had a nickel for every rap battle show this season, I'd have two nickels. It's not much, but it's odd that we're getting two.

Have you ever rapped so intensely that your DNA resonated with liquid metal to conjure a stand? A pretty impressive kick-off. The songs were quite enjoyable.

It seems the BAE style draws heavy inspiration from Korean hip hop. It'll be intriguing to witness the different styles of the other three groups.

Additionally, there's a subplot involving Allen and phantom metal.
@IzanaSolos that happens to them all actually afaik, not just allen
Oct 3, 2023 12:15 PM

Aug 2021
that was a great first episode! im very happy! also i am loving all of the anne appreciation in this forum because you are all RIGHT they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE ANNE IN THIS HOUSEHOLD! AND BAE. WE ALSO LOVE BAE. allen is really cute too and im so excited for this whole showw, i cant wait for next week :D

Oct 3, 2023 12:50 PM
Apr 2023
Could be a good story, but I can't bear the type of music. So sadly it's a "drop" for me.
Oct 3, 2023 2:44 PM
Nov 2019
AnimeFan500 said:
BigBookEnergy said:

cruncyroll or elsewhere

Thank you, I'll check crunchyroll again
Oct 3, 2023 3:44 PM
Sep 2021
ITS A MASTERPIECE. absolutely amazing
Oct 3, 2023 5:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Gonna repeat what I said in the Paralive club

So happy to see BAE perform their iconic BaNG!!! A bit sad though that they cut out Anne's solo parts, but it was still 🔥 The new song was also really good, excited to listen to the full version ♥ There were lots of great moments overall, and foreshadowing details that only drama CD listeners would be able to pick out 👀

The phantom illusions actually looked amazing, too! I was worried it might look a little silly, but it's really just something that makes the performances more exciting~

Allen's trap reaction at the end though, that was painful :( Also Shiki having a panic attack when he saw Nayuta ;_;

Oh, but loving Allen's alarm clock haha! Where can I get it XD
Oct 3, 2023 5:54 PM

Feb 2014
listen the only thing i can say is that i was smiling the whole episode ㅠㅠ
Oct 3, 2023 6:31 PM

Sep 2021
I orginally decided against watching this show. On one hand my watchlist for the season already overflows, on the other I really don't like Hip Hop. But I heard it has some good drama and more to offer than just Hip Hop Battles, plus half my seasonals won't start until next week. So I ended up picking it up.

As for the episode itself, I actually enjoyed it. It's not the "Not watching to AotS" miracle of LycoReco, but it got a lot done in it's first episode. Mostly being efficent at introducing the giant main cast and establishing the premise of the Paradox Live. But there were also a bunch of mysterious hints at drama plots already.

I feel like this show will either quickly gain momentum and get really good or be one of those that tease an interesting plot all season only to never actually pursuit it. I hope it's the former!

Oct 3, 2023 7:15 PM
Aug 2022
Paradox Live immediately hooked me in. I already knew a little bit about it through Youtube, but I feel like I gained more of an understanding of the world its characters all within the first episode. The animation and music are insanely high quality, and I love how it's more than your typical idol/music/performance anime. It has sci-fi elements woven in that create an air of mystery. Also the husbandos are 100/100. PLEASE GIVE IT A WATCH, even if it's not your typical anime genre. You will get invested!
Oct 3, 2023 8:00 PM

Jun 2019
I've been waiting for this one!!! Anne looks good!!

The animation was good. Kudos to Pine Jam. It's not awkward even during performance.

Also, Nayuta and Shiki's interaction they are so sick for showing it on episode 1.
Oct 3, 2023 9:40 PM

Oct 2020
I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this first episode! I have a lot of reservations on how the adaptation of the drama CDs would work in this twenty minute episodic format so I'm happy to see it's starting off well. If they can maintain this pace for the rest of the season I'll be really happy!
Lot's of moments in this episode were nice to see for those who have previously followed the dramas, which I really enjoyed. Animation was better than I expected though I don't think it will be the highlight of the show for me unfortunately.
I'll be looking forward to seeing how the story will progress and the way all the characters will be developed~
Oct 3, 2023 9:48 PM
Oct 2023
I'm so sosososos happy to see the anime, it was a wonderful first ep
Oct 3, 2023 9:59 PM
Mar 2016
The animation, the plot, the CGI, the characters, the design, the music, the BGM all are chef kiss
Oct 3, 2023 10:47 PM

Mar 2019
I'm only going to watch because I participated in the event, just because of that... hehe :'3

Anne dresses like me when I was in high school haha. ✨
Jonas-KOct 3, 2023 10:54 PM
Oct 4, 2023 1:20 AM

May 2020
A BAE-centric episode, but I can't wait to see more of the other groups and their performance sooon~ (talking about you AKYR 😆). The animation was amazing and hopefully it continues like this for the rest of the series!
And Allen's alarm clock deserves a shoutout, it was funnier than I expected 😂 Potential merch idea maybe?...
Oct 4, 2023 1:28 AM
Jun 2020
This is a masterpiece more extraordinary than any creation out there. Picasso, Leonardo Da Vinci, Vincent Van Gogh, and even Shakespeare have nothing on the godsend of Paradox Live the Animation. Even with only one episode out, Paradox Live has done significant change to us as a society, and YOU should also consume this media to become a better person. Paradox Live doesn't just better your mental health. It also fucks it up to such a degree that your brain completely re-constructs itself and you become a better version of yourself. Do you like music? HipHop? Cute characters? Great character personalities? A plot so thick with lore that if it was a book, you could use it as a fatal weapon? Then this is the show for you! Tune in every Tuesday for an episode of pure and raw epicness! Or don't. That's fine- but you're the weakest link in society <3<3<3 Anyways, 10/10, very much do recommend.
Oct 4, 2023 2:01 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Laurel-bell
A BAE-centric episode, but I can't wait to see more of the other groups and their performance sooon~ (talking about you AKYR 😆). The animation was amazing and hopefully it continues like this for the rest of the series!
And Allen's alarm clock deserves a shoutout, it was funnier than I expected 😂 Potential merch idea maybe?...
Laurel-bell said:

I was thinking the same haha, I would totally get it!
Oct 4, 2023 2:54 AM
Jan 2019
Was pleasantly surprised at several points, the inclusion of BAE's first song, scenes from the drama cd and the cg being pretty damn good being some of them. I thought the little devil mascot will get on my nerves, but he's oddly charming, love his voice and design lol
I'm not sure how well will they incorporate different groups and jumping from one performance to the visceral trap reactions as it can become quite jarring if done abruptly, but we'll see. It's also more or less explained well enough for the newcomers to not feel confused and lost in the exposition bits.
Already think this is for now going in a better direction than the first season of the Hypmic anime.
Oct 4, 2023 4:20 AM
Apr 2022
2022 and now 2023 is really the coming of age of 3D CGI.

D4DJ at the beginning of this year,
Idolish7 Movie in the Spring,
MyGo last season
Then Paradox to cap the end.

Was a bit hesitant, being a Sanzigen and Orange maxi, but I'm glad to check this out, and upon the recs of the people in this thread!

If they only went full 3D with the story bits, like how Sanzigen and Studio Orange do, I would place this on my pedestal amongst these 2, but they went the Cloverworks UniteUp! route, which suggest quite not enough budget.... Dont get me wrong though, the 2D bits are also done better than alot of anime, still full of details! Its pretty very good!!! You go all in with 3D CGI or simply just dont. Shine Post with full 2D animated performance (converted from their 3D mocap) is the king here.

The 3D rap performances are such a joy to watch. Its a missed opportunity to go full 3D.

thehornedratOct 4, 2023 4:34 AM
Oct 4, 2023 5:29 AM

Apr 2015
It really looks pretty but...nah.
Oct 4, 2023 7:10 AM
Mar 2023
não conheço as outras mídias deste projeto além do anime, mas me interessei pela sinopse através de uma indicação. vi o 1º episódio no dia em que saiu e ainda não tenho impressões de outros expectadores, irei buscar. compartilhando minhas impressões, gostei da animação, principalmente das partes 2D. o 3D não me incomoda tanto quanto incomoda outras pessoas, porém sendo sincera não faço a mínima questão de que tenha nas obras. as músicas são bem maneirinhas, animada pra ouvir as dos próximos eps. ainda meio confusa com os grupos, já que são muitos personagens interagindo ao mesmo tempo. fiquei bem curiosa em relação a todo o mistério acerca das ilusões que podem ser transmitidas, da competição paradox live que simplesmente sumiu, entre outras questões apresentadas nesse primeiro episódio que podem ser spoiler. no geral, gostei, irei acompanhar os próximos lançamentos e a vibe meio cyberpunk/futurista é atrativa.
Oct 4, 2023 7:12 AM
Sep 2021
NightmareSocks said:
This is a masterpiece more extraordinary than any creation out there. Picasso, Leonardo Da Vinci, Vincent Van Gogh, and even Shakespeare have nothing on the godsend of Paradox Live the Animation. Even with only one episode out, Paradox Live has done significant change to us as a society, and YOU should also consume this media to become a better person. Paradox Live doesn't just better your mental health. It also fucks it up to such a degree that your brain completely re-constructs itself and you become a better version of yourself. Do you like music? HipHop? Cute characters? Great character personalities? A plot so thick with lore that if it was a book, you could use it as a fatal weapon? Then this is the show for you! Tune in every Tuesday for an episode of pure and raw epicness! Or don't. That's fine- but you're the weakest link in society <3<3<3 Anyways, 10/10, very much do recommend.

i love this comment ur so funnyHELP
Oct 4, 2023 7:35 AM
Jun 2023
It was a good first episode; I didn't feel like continuing until the end of the episode, with the introduction of the BAE group. Besides, the cliffhanger at the end caught my attention a lot. I will keep watching.
Oct 4, 2023 10:33 AM
Aug 2019
Terrible impressions, already dropped it. This is what corporats think a rap anime is supposed to look like. Kpop looking ,feminine dudes, with the same style of music, that all of a sudden is classified as rap.

Pacing is absolutely abysmal , introducing 10+ characters in the span of 4-5 minutes. Music is corny, the designs and premise is even more corny, not to mention generic as all hell. We're jumping from some dude showing up at school, to another having a panic attack when he sees a different dude... Please...

Also I'm going to be "THAT GUY" but for one of the blackest styles of music, there's not even one black person in there , really?
This shit is beyond corny , generic and terrible.

2/10
Dropped
Oct 4, 2023 11:00 AM

Jun 2012
I particularly like the designs of several characters, and there are some great visuals. I can't say I'm into the lyrics of BAE's song at the end, they felt very meh... Still, the show itself seems interesting enough to give it a few episodes at least.
Oct 4, 2023 11:01 AM
Feb 2022
While the synopsis mentioned rap music, the closest we got in this episode was hip-hop music. But still, it was very enjoyable to take a break from all the similar genres that usually come out.
About the animation, we can say while not the best out there, it flowed relatively smoothly, and the CGI was very well made.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paradox Live the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jun 15, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Paradox Live the Animation Episode 2 Discussion

Heiize - Oct 10, 2023

42 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jun 14, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Paradox Live the Animation Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 19, 2023

18 by Swiggy »»
Feb 7, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Paradox Live the Animation Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 12, 2023

13 by Swiggy »»
Feb 4, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Paradox Live the Animation Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Nov 28, 2023

22 by Swiggy »»
Feb 2, 12:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.