Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 18, 2023 6:05 PM

Apr 2022
the mom is the best girl. welp i'm just glad it's over. i knew from the shaky start that i was expecting a bit much from this show and the animation was ass as well, even the animation during the hand holding this episode made me lol but i guess progress is progress. 3/10 out of generosity, truly the romance anime of all time.
Sep 18, 2023 6:33 PM
Aug 2014
I thought Rent a girlfriend was the worst romance of all time, but NAAAAH, this shit is fucking garbage, i hate almost every fucking character in this #FUCKAIKA, I Beg to fucking got that this shit show never get's an season 2.
Sep 18, 2023 7:01 PM
Sep 2016
Was a really well paced ending and a great way to finish off the season
Sep 18, 2023 7:09 PM

May 2022
Este anime estuvo muy bueno, a veces un poco lento y predecible, pero esto le ocurre a todos los anime de este genero ojala tuviera segunda temporada
Sep 18, 2023 7:46 PM
Apr 2022
Bro had such a better option…
Sep 18, 2023 8:44 PM
Jul 2022
nice romantic anime .....
Sep 18, 2023 8:51 PM
Jun 2023
just bad, mc is trash

Sep 18, 2023 10:05 PM
Sep 2021
This was a let-down for me, the finale was simply that aika and sajou patched their relationship and now are friends and for this to happen we waited from episode 1 till 12.
Sep 18, 2023 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
school romance comedies are already predictable enough without this show
at least the character design is cute, right?
Sep 18, 2023 11:33 PM

Oct 2014
Ah damn! I’m happy for Sajo but this EP also officially sunk Fuka ship. It’s a bad day for rain.

Anyhow. It’s been a great ride. I liked the interaction between the characters a lot. Felt genuine in most parts.
Sep 18, 2023 11:34 PM
Jan 2021
Every girl is better than Natsukawa, the anime:
Sep 18, 2023 11:52 PM
Feb 2023
This show fell off so hard after episode 6 that I don't even know what to say. I feel like they wasted so many episodes on the wrong things, I was expecting for something to happen during those fireworks but nope.

Truly mundane to the end.
Sep 19, 2023 12:17 AM

Apr 2017
Its sad to know its already end , one of few new running anime that i really enjoyed , i will miss this show and also still i prefer fuuka besides aika
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Sep 19, 2023 12:48 AM
Jun 2020
Aika Finally shrink Fuuka ship xD
Sep 19, 2023 1:25 AM
May 2010
Reply to ifiksel
did this cover the whole LN?
@ifiksel Not at all. But there they skipped quite a lot of story.
Sep 19, 2023 1:44 AM
Apr 2015
My god this shit was abhorrent, this is the only series ever that i felt that everything was a filler, except ep 1 and 12. I want the life i spent of this back.
Sep 19, 2023 2:12 AM

May 2021
Almost bad as Rent a Girlfriend just kill me why did i give a chance smh bro
Sep 19, 2023 2:36 AM
Nov 2022
TohruBestDragon said:
Every girl is better than Natsukawa, the anime:

i agree, I think ichinose is better despite being shy and scared most of the time. its better than having a girl that u like running away from u
Sep 19, 2023 2:40 AM
Jan 2023
Kei best girl and number one wingman
Sep 19, 2023 4:34 AM
Sep 2023
Best episode need season 2
Sep 19, 2023 4:54 AM

Nov 2020
They finally together, I'm so happy for them.

Overall this show is worth it, I'm satisfied with the ending.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Sep 19, 2023 4:59 AM

Jun 2021
Aika didn't need to make much effort to win however, it's good that she took action. She finally closed their relationship as she retrieved his attention and love.
RedcherSep 19, 2023 5:18 AM
Sep 19, 2023 5:22 AM
Dec 2021
great anime, enjoyed it a lot.
Sep 19, 2023 5:57 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to -_Mordecai_-
Shitty anime. Glad I finished it so I can move on from it. 2/10
@jaerard_o really bad one here. 1 or 2/10 for me. I would have liked more red-haired tsundere, or harem or ecchi. But I got none. No story either. there was just, nothing at all.
Sep 19, 2023 6:18 AM
Sep 2023
very nice and different story line between othe romance anime
Sep 19, 2023 6:48 AM
Apr 2020
The last two episodes were amazing. Hope the series would've shown more sajo aika ship. But oh well the last episode was amazing!
Sep 19, 2023 7:55 AM
Jul 2017
"I stopped simping a toxic girl just to throw away my development and simp her again: The Animation"

I really don't get why a lot of people here liked Natsukawa. Please touch grass and realize that girls like her don't like the guy, they just want the attention back.
The show made her look like she just realized her true feelings and a healthy relationship is coming, but people don't change that fast and eventually she will return being the toxic girl she was.

It had a fresh premise, but it ended up being as generic as all other romcoms
Sep 19, 2023 8:19 AM
Feb 2021
so is this it? this is how it concludes?
Sep 19, 2023 11:51 AM
Nov 2022
That's the end like bruh
Sep 19, 2023 12:22 PM

May 2011
For me the end of the story felt forced/rushed mainly due to the fact that the FMC barely had any screentime and was mostly tsun with no dere which just made her annoying. They geve her character developement in the last few eps while I feel it should have been better paced. Overall a 5/10 for me. It wasn't bad but neither was it great.
Sep 19, 2023 12:46 PM
Dec 2021
It was a pleasure to watch this series with you, thank you very much.
Sep 19, 2023 1:50 PM

Feb 2010
Sasaki deserved to win
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 19, 2023 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
What's bothering more is the half-assed animation. I feel like I'm watching hentai.

As for the story, it seems the LN is still ongoing so there is more than this? About what? Their relationship as a couple or anything?

Sep 19, 2023 6:30 PM
Jun 2023
Aversa said:
Well in the end they got closer but nothing final which was to be expected.
The anime itself could have been better it wasn't bad tho but i think it's on the level where most of us won't remember it in a year, harsh thing to say i know.
The character where pretty interesting but to little background about them i would have liked to know a bit more about the side characters as well.

I guess Anime was created to advertise LN because LN has more character developments and also tells stories about other characters like Wataru's sister so I recommend reading LN if you are still interested.
Sep 19, 2023 7:34 PM

Mar 2013
While the animation is rather bad, I'm really fond of the characters relationship, even if it's something like a copy-pasta for some reason.

However, the only favourite thing I like would be Sajo becoming a realist instead of idiotically swooning always towards Aika. 6~<≠7/10

The VA's are rather stiff but I guess that's how they really should be. If not for the animation, their relationships would really look like a natural occurrence in their daily lives.

I actually thought it was going to be something like a love triangle of the three main characters from the 1st episode. I'm glad they didn't go there.

Overall, it is still interesting to watch this kind of series.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 19, 2023 8:50 PM
Jan 2023
the ending is fine not the best
Sep 20, 2023 2:19 AM

Feb 2018
bruh Ichinose and Fuka left the pair to their devices but then proceeded to come out and look moments later anyways lmao.

The timing of the fireworks sheesh. Though this time it didn't drown out what the characters were saying lol.

Welp, that's the end ig, it was okay. Kinda curious about what Wataru's and Aika's relationship would look like if they dated (also RIP Fuka ship lmao). Maybe it'll happen in the manga as I'm reading it lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 20, 2023 2:41 AM
Dec 2021
Pues la neta, vaya personaje más tóxico el de la Natsukawa
Sep 20, 2023 2:48 AM
Jan 2021
Well when i started watching this after the first episode i thought it was gonna be fresh start for our protagonist from the simp life but over the course of time ,he was back to square one

the storytelling was below average and everything else was pretty generic
But the some the tsundere element of the main female protagonist was a bit too much in my opinion

The pace of story also was rushed

Well what to expect it generic rom-com.
Sep 20, 2023 5:11 AM

Nov 2022
It's nothing special, at times odd, but I still enjoyed it :)
Sep 20, 2023 6:50 AM

Mar 2022
This was a very weird show.

The premise of simp liberation, characters and their personalities(Kai & Fuuka best girls), the tsun tsun, MC is quite all right too. All of those building blocks are great.

The story however is a clusterfuck. If there is story to begin with. even for SoL, I feel its disjointed and goes nowhere. No consequences of action.
No buildup, no payoff. Stuff ("personal growth" with heavy "") just happens without cause. I dunno, it was cute to look at, but I didn't "get" it.

it could have been handled better. But it's not.
next!
Sep 20, 2023 6:51 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Grzegor176
Aversa said:
Well in the end they got closer but nothing final which was to be expected.
The anime itself could have been better it wasn't bad tho but i think it's on the level where most of us won't remember it in a year, harsh thing to say i know.
The character where pretty interesting but to little background about them i would have liked to know a bit more about the side characters as well.

I guess Anime was created to advertise LN because LN has more character developments and also tells stories about other characters like Wataru's sister so I recommend reading LN if you are still interested.
@Grzegor176 I read a lot of LN's but i have not read the LN for this work, i might look into it.
Sep 20, 2023 7:07 PM
Nov 2022
Rating 6/10
I found the way and how the situations occurred in the plot interesting, however the dialogue left something to be desired in some parts.
For me, the show improved significantly when the MC started working at the bookstore.
In terms of genre, I would add slice of life, because it is clear that it is something very light without that strong climax that we see in many novels.

Sep 20, 2023 7:25 PM
Jun 2022
The end was kinda meh, I don't really have high hopes for a second season, but I'd like a closed end if it gets a sequel
Sep 20, 2023 7:58 PM
May 2023
This ending is too bad to hơw that another character relationship build in 12 episode
Sep 20, 2023 8:03 PM

Mar 2008
An animation error in a finale? Sajo was talking to Kei at the door but his mouth wasn't moving. Im not the only one to notice am I?

Airi was cute running Sajo to the ground lol

Not sure why people are saying it's not clear they are together. The after credit speech told you he did get to be with Aika and that him just living his own life is what got him to be with her. But yes they basically told you not showed you their relation, they only looked slightly better than they were. I get the point of what was said but the way things were done where I really can't feel for Aika even though I kind of understand why she was that way it just is too weird and not really something that hits you on an emotional level. I was hoping early on Sajo would get what he wanted to be with Aika but him winding up with Aika and her still treating him in a way that makes him feel bad her being so uptight, the chemistry on screen isn't there. So she before pushed others away because she was focused on other things uhh okay. What other things? Doing well in school right? I dont know how it was in the source but the anime just completely failed at having the audience care about Aika's feelings and situation beyond the most thin surface level and Sajo doesn't even seem all that happy as you should expect him to, it feels like he's still walking on eggshells. Sure I can sympathize with Aika but I don't feel for the situation how it was portrayed. I get it seemed to be implied her mom had financial troubles but we are left just guessing. Why? Was this series just far too short on length and budget to actually properly tell a story instead of giving this weird thing where everything feels like it's not well connected? Even something as simple as getting a job that kind of just came out of nowhere, if he's not doing much why does he even want a job to begin with especially when he's heartbroken and acting like he's on the verge of suicide? Did I miss something?

I also don't get people saying him winding up with Aika is removing character development. You people make no sense whatsoever. The point is that he expanded his social interactions to include more people and not be overly focused only on Aika at all times. He still has character development and so does Aika though hers is more mild id say where she only gained some self awareness and is trying to be a little less harsh but still is kind of not a very good relationship you can feel happy about. .

This is disappointing. Not bad just disappointing because it had a lot of potential id say just it didnt seem to live up to it. It was good early on but it just started going downhill. It did manage to keep me interested at least and had some fun moments.
Sep 21, 2023 12:12 AM
Mar 2021
Ok finally after watching the whole anime I think he deserves better. Or at least he deserves an apology from her. My bro went through that suffering and moved on only to end up with her
Sep 21, 2023 1:21 AM
Aug 2023
Before I give my 2 cents, someone tell me, is there more to it? Is the plot over after episode 12?
Sep 21, 2023 8:33 AM
Jan 2018
Nooooooo, it’s all over… Hope it comes back next year because this anime blows all the rom-com slice of life anime out the window!
Sep 21, 2023 10:15 AM
Aug 2013
It kinda missed something and it's sad that this is the end
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2023

53 by hongjbin »»
May 28, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2023

80 by channman900 »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

90 by Gilith »»
Apr 18, 2:33 PM

» I hope for 2nd season ( 1 2 )

LostInLove - Oct 15, 2023

51 by Yzen90 »»
Mar 26, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2023

111 by porozhno »»
Mar 13, 6:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.