Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's like fate how Komura just somehow ends up with Mie again in town. Even this show has its Valentine theme based episode and how fitting it is...to have the two of them together. 

So much teasing this episode though, in particular with the chocolate. Mie without glasses is still a very much evident thing in the show too. 
Aug 1, 2023 8:22 AM

Feb 2021
I small part of me was actually expecting Komura to confess right there. Guess this is still in Showa era lol.

Btw "Reiwa" (current era in japan) is a meme more relevant in the manga community.
From reddit: "The Japanese consider the reigns of their emperors as eras, and those eras are given names.
The joke comes from the fact that around the time of the coronation, and even before, manga protagonists became more straightforward towards romantic advances, something that manga in general has been infamous for, as the avoidance of romance, or dumb misunderstandings were the norm."
Showa is the previous era.
Some "reiwa" romance manga I recommend:
You and I Are Polar Opposites
Blooming Love
Both are on MANGA Plus with all chapters available for free
EmbientAug 1, 2023 9:56 AM
Aug 1, 2023 8:25 AM

Sep 2021
Jesus Christ. This MC freaks out like hell.
Aug 1, 2023 8:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ah yes Valentines. One of the key moments of being in high school indeed. Mie sure ahs perfected the art of springing from the shadows. The supermarket scenes were damm amusing. Having snacks back while watching one's weight is damm torture lol. But this year white day for both of them would sure become a treasured memory.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2023 8:31 AM

Dec 2012
Azuma should be MC
Aug 1, 2023 8:35 AM
Aug 2022
Red Strings never gets detached!
He again meet mei-san. we are watching dates since last episode.
this episode was totally based on Valentine's theme. aww so sweet.
Aug 1, 2023 8:50 AM

Oct 2020
Wait until you ready to tell her.
Aug 1, 2023 9:02 AM

Mar 2012
The concept is pretty stupid given how bad Mie's eyesight is but I really enjoyed this episode.
Aug 1, 2023 9:16 AM

Jan 2023
The whole episode was adorable, especially that (almost) confession scene.
Aug 1, 2023 9:44 AM

Mar 2021
This episode was so full of cuteness, Komura almost managed to confess his feelings to Mie who was just adorable as ever
Aug 1, 2023 9:54 AM

May 2020
If she would've asked me to tell her to do ANY one thing of my liking, I would've simply requested her to start using contacts or just get rid of this "fOrGEtTinG tHe gLaSSes" habit once and for all, so we could down the curtains on this series.
Aug 1, 2023 9:56 AM
Jul 2023
Pretty straight forward episode, not much happen, Komura’s reactions is louder than before, and Mie is still cute as ever
Aug 1, 2023 10:01 AM
Feb 2022
Komura, debiste aprovechar que estuviste un año sentado a su lado. Ahora se cambiara de asiento.
Aug 1, 2023 10:27 AM

Jun 2023
kinda liked it . better than the previous episodes ngl
My candies -

Aug 1, 2023 10:32 AM
Oct 2016
Celebrating Valentine's day and White day together. Komura getting very hung up on the idea of Mie giving him chocolates on Valentine's day. He wanted her to so badly but the embarrassment held him back. Very funny seeing Komura struggle internally whether he should tell Mie the truth or keep lying about all the Valentine's day decorations everywhere. She surprisingly figured it out even while having no glasses, seeing all the red and the chocolates just clicked. Mie point blank asking Komura if that's what he said he warned her to give him. All of Komura worries vanishing when Mie says of course she will give him chocolates on Valentine's day he's her friend after all. So not the best way to receive chocolates on Valentine's day but its better than nothing. Komura still couldn't spit out his real feelings towards Mie even when they were alone together and he had the perfect opportunity. Just not the right time which I can understand. Komura very badly wanted to return the favor by giving Mie something a month later on White day. Poorly timed diet with Mie trying to cut out extra sweets that same day. Komura had a tough time getting Mie to not eat all the sweets she got in return for White day. Her looking over at Komura and still grabbing the cookies was adorable, absolutely messing with him on purpose. They're playful banter gets better every episode.
Aug 1, 2023 10:38 AM

Oct 2017
Komura didn't get honmei choco but well atleast he got a friend choco. Mie making excuses to eat snacks was really cute.
Aug 1, 2023 10:54 AM

Apr 2023
I guess the way Mie-san got 'embarrassed' about forgetting her glasses to town confirms that she's doing it on purpose, and I don't think meeting each other there was a coincidence either 😂

The near confession was really cute and Komura-kun preventing Mie-san from eating someone else's gift by giving his own was funny and cute as well ☺️
Aug 1, 2023 10:55 AM

Feb 2019
For the love of God someone please put this girl’s glasses in her bag the night before school 😂

Ah yes, Valentine’s Day. The most important day of the year in any romance manga. Of course we weren’t getting a confession today at the halfway point, but Komura came pretty close. Maybe her desire to hear what Komura has to say will be enough to make Mie remember to bring her glasses.

Guess all the snacking from the past few weeks has caught up and Mie put on a few pounds, lol.

Cute that in order to prevent her from accidentally eating someone else’s gift, Komura makes Mie eat his gift.

Pretty straightforward episode with a few cute moments as usual.
Marinate1016Aug 1, 2023 11:01 AM
Aug 1, 2023 10:58 AM

Jan 2018
This was an adorable episode. Seeing Valentine's Day and White Day on the same episode was good.

Komura needs to man up and confess eventually. Judging by the pace and the large time skips it seems like the show's moving fast. If he doesn't confess on time he will regret it forever.

Seems like their seats might change in the next term. Would suck if that happens.
Aug 1, 2023 11:23 AM
Oct 2021
now this is one anime which really has surprised me the most so far this season. didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as i have so far !
Aug 1, 2023 11:41 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
I’m tired so I’m not gonna really comment much.

I will give props to Komura for attempting to confess, so good job. He’s got a long way to go but he’s slowly starting.
Valentine’s and White Day in one single, albeit a month timeskip between the two. Much teasing between the two. 
Watching your weight while also receiving tons of sweets is pure torture, I feel for Mie.

That’s it from me, have a terrific Tuesday everyone.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Aug 1, 2023 12:05 PM
Apr 2022
It is valentine's day and Komura wants chocolate from Mie-san. Even if it's just "Tomo-choco".

Komura even bought her something for white day.
And for me it seemed she wanted to get it from Komura and did something like that..
Komura was so close to telling her.
They are cute >⁠.⁠<
Aug 1, 2023 12:10 PM

Jan 2021
The best ep until now
It got everything right in the point
Was funny to watch Mie resisiting the temptation

Aug 1, 2023 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
Ok ngl this was a way better episode and now I can understand how its building up. Its sweet how he's hiding his feeling and she treats him as a "friend" but her actions say something else. Alright I might give this a higher rating soon. It also has a good ost so why not
Aug 1, 2023 12:44 PM

Dec 2021
Take your time, Komura; there's no need to rush in getting her. You tried your best, but it's too early for that right now. That line about saving it for when she can properly see you was pretty smooth, but coming from a 13-year-old middle schooler, it sounds genuinely honest and serious.

Mie using her glasses as an excuse to indulge in some sweets was both funny and adorable. She's fortunate to have Komura to keep her on track.

Even though I haven't eaten any sweets today, my sugar levels are rising just by seeing those snacks.
IzanaSolosAug 1, 2023 2:33 PM

Aug 1, 2023 12:58 PM

Feb 2018
The Valentines day didn't seem to go great at first, but by the end of it I'm sure Komura wouldn't want it to go any other way!
Aug 1, 2023 2:20 PM

Dec 2015
Man, the MC is so cringe
Aug 1, 2023 2:54 PM

Mar 2014
Sigh it's tiring to see the repitition and how very annoying the mc is 
Aug 1, 2023 3:26 PM

May 2019
Well, at least Kaede almost confessed and he was able to stop Ai from eating the other guys' sweets before his. I think she was giving him the chance to offer his item before eating the other guys' hence her stalling tactics despite her wanting him to stop her from eating sweets (I think he made the right decision on that one).
Aug 1, 2023 3:29 PM
Jul 2021
Differing view from some of you:

1) I love the two, young and very innocent protagonists: the inner dialogues of the MC are often juxtaposed to the neutral face he tries to present and this adds a bit of absurdist humor.

2) If I am correctly reading the school name, then these are middle schoolers who capture the essence and confusion of that age group … at least I can relate to the MC’s mix of iffy bravado and reticence about his feelings.

3) I personally love GoHands fisheye view of the world along with color and the filling of the screen. Can’t get enough of it! (Yes … I love the office worker with her enormous cat, too!
Aug 1, 2023 4:45 PM
Oct 2019
Here it is, the Obligatory Valentine Day Episode.
Aug 1, 2023 5:13 PM
Sep 2022
RedChrome said:
Sigh it's tiring to see the repitition and how very annoying the mc is 

watch the show without komura, see how youll like a boring ass show with no one keeping the vibe of the room.
Aug 1, 2023 5:54 PM

Jan 2010
The white day part was so funny with mie trying to eat all those sweets. She is so cute.

Aug 1, 2023 6:21 PM
Mar 2015
He was not able to confess but he did get his chocolate and she ate his White Day gift
Aug 1, 2023 7:01 PM

Mar 2007
Luckily Kazuma from Isekai Quartet wasn't there to tell him to say "Give me Chocco!!"
Aug 1, 2023 7:10 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a top tier Valentine’s Day/White Day episode, one of the bests that I’ve seen in while. The first bit where Komura was trying to keep the fact that it’s almost Valentine’s Day hidden from Mie was very funny, and of course she already knew and figured it out on her own lol. And poor Komura didn’t even get one of the chocolates Mie made, instead he got a little snack she’d been saving, but really I think he got the best gift of them all with that moment he had with Mie afterward lol.

And then to White Day, I honestly didn’t think Mie would purposely pretend to be getting the candy but damn that was a cute reveal, I personally see it as her trying to get attention from Komura which is just amazing lol. And our boy found the perfect opening to give his gift to Mie, that was a very splendid final moment.

And damn man, a shame to see so many folks on page 1 that aren’t into this show, makes me feel bad for them because I am eating this up lol, one of my favorite shows of the season.
TheColonel76Aug 1, 2023 7:14 PM
Aug 1, 2023 7:50 PM

Mar 2016
Rorek said:
Azuma should be MC
Bro is a man of culture, not gonna happen.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 1, 2023 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Cute episode today. Think i've gotten used to the gohands style of animation now. Komura's reactions to Mie-san slowly piecing together what he wants from Mie-san was funny to watch.
Aug 1, 2023 8:04 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ok, at this point I'm getting a bit tired of the mc being a wuss and the girl being so outstandingly dumb to keep forgetting her glasses. Like, yeah, that's the joke, but you could do something else with that. Their interactions are the worst since we keep getting blue-balled by his confession due to his severe insecurities.

Tiring episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 1, 2023 9:38 PM

Apr 2022
valentines and white day, decent episode. mie do be munchin. seems the story won't progress much from her forgetting her glasses but fun stuff nonetheless.
Aug 1, 2023 9:54 PM
Sep 2018
Yet another sweet (pun intended) episode this week!

It was so sweet seeing how much Mie and Komura care for each other in this episode as Mie really wanted to give Komura some friend chocolate while Komura made sure to honor his word in helping Mie hold off from sweets for the time being. Also, the almost-confession bit hit hard as it shows that while Komura could take the easy way out and just tell Mie his feelings for her there and then when she can't see his face, his decision to hold back shows that he respects Mie and is willing to take his time until both of them are ready for such a confession.

I just can't get enough of these two!
Onion_StoryAug 1, 2023 10:01 PM
Aug 1, 2023 10:06 PM

Jan 2020
Although it was better than last episode, the series seems to be dragging on a bit
Aug 1, 2023 10:20 PM

Mar 2013
It feels like their position will always be in reverse and I like this series for that kind of thing. I'm now getting used to the weird camera angles, it's not as bad as it used to be. It makes more sense to have those camera angles. I was dumb not noticing that.

Azuma can be a wonderful tool to make Komura jealous.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 1, 2023 10:26 PM
Jul 2020
Man, I’m seriously starting to blame the seyuu here. The voice acting is really not any good at all.

Mie is a rising star in the industry. Already did Takina and is quickly rising.

But Komura’s?

Komura isn’t even that annoying of a character by nature. His feelings are pretty sorted, he’s honest and he’s solidly trying to advance his relationship.

See the manga for a second. He freaks out and all of that, but hell, he doesn’t FUCKING MOAN every three seconds.

Like, really, his thoughts and actions aren’t even annoying at all. He is a pretty good character all around.

The voice. The damn voice is the problem.

Just remove the damn high pitched moans and everything is instantly fixed.

It really wasn’t the best cast.
Aug 1, 2023 10:39 PM

Aug 2019
Damn i actually thought Komura was gonna bite the bullet and confess to Mie right there and then, but they got me hook line and sinker. I genuinely thought that he had a good chance at it considering the moment and time they were in, but i guess not. Also it's hard to judge how much time has passed since episode 1 to really understand how long they've known each other for.

I honestly would of believed it if they did 5 episodes for build up just for this confession moment and have it go through so the rest of the series would be them being wholesome in a relationship.
Aug 1, 2023 10:50 PM
Nov 2022
It was obvious that a seasonal romance would have a Valentine's episode xd, Komura suffering until the end, almost reminded me of Tadano, bruh.

Someone please give Komura a mirtazapine pill, the anxiety he has every time he interacts with Mie is not normal.
Aug 2, 2023 2:15 AM
May 2023
The animation is fantastic. This was still a longer story of Valentine's day and White day. The voice over artist for Mei Chan is really good and makes her character very cute. Enjoyable episodes so far.
Aug 2, 2023 7:11 AM

Jun 2021
Cute valentine's day episode.

It's already 5 episodes, she keeps forgetting her glasses. What if she's doing it on purpose.
Aug 2, 2023 7:19 AM

Sep 2016
wait so she gave azuma and the other dude choco before giving it to komura? damn
Aug 2, 2023 8:50 AM
Oct 2019
even though there are several scenes that leave a great atmosphere for romance, the protagonist ends up "ruining" the atmosphere
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2023

430 by White_Alice »»
Aug 30, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2023

148 by Shadowz97 »»
Aug 17, 8:23 AM

» Opinions on Camera Angles And Animation ( 1 2 3 )

Koushi106 - Jul 4, 2023

130 by seasons »»
Jul 20, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2023

88 by seasons »»
Jul 20, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2023

195 by ANormalUser »»
Jul 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.