Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »
Jun 18, 2013 11:24 AM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
That MaL for you, but for the first 6 episodes, it said shingeki no kyojin was going to be only 12 episodes. xD
No it didn't, from the beginning it's said 25.

Not how I remember it, but if you're looking for proof that stuff like that happens I cant give you any. I just have accounts in my head of other series that mal and ann said was going to be only 12 episodes and then the day the 13th ep came out it was changed to 24.
Jun 18, 2013 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
That MaL for you, but for the first 6 episodes, it said shingeki no kyojin was going to be only 12 episodes. xD
No it didn't, from the beginning it's said 25.

Not how I remember it, but if you're looking for proof that stuff like that happens I cant give you any. I just have accounts in my head of other series that mal said was going to be only 12 episodes and then the day the 13th ep came out it was changed to 24.
Well that might be if it's not confirmed yet, but when it's confirmed then it's basically concrete. Or if you use animenewsnetwork, they keep all anime at 12 until it get past it.

And the manga isnt' that far, they're going to have to stop at 25, they can't go further. They won't change the pace to below 1 chapter an episode just to make it longer.
Jun 18, 2013 11:35 AM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:

And the manga isnt' that far, they're going to have to stop at 25, they can't go further. They won't change the pace to below 1 chapter an episode just to make it longer.

the manga, being at chapter 46 right now, I think they could probably make 36 more or less eps by the time the anime got there. If they were gonna do 1-2 eps for 1 chapter constantly. I don't think it'd be the first time anime has followed manga so closely. Like with fairy tail, even though its chapters are released weekly and not monthly. Anyways, it was just all an idea. :D
T3rm1n4t0r2Jun 18, 2013 11:41 AM
Jun 18, 2013 1:51 PM

Mar 2010
Jyupita said:
Lylaaz said:
Yo Yo my name is Eren Jeager
Now im gonna live as a beggar
So this is what happened
No spoilers so you can just listen:

Everyone thought i was a superman
They all had hopes on me, damn!
But I went out of control on Titan
Punching everyone i can
Dont know anymore who i am
Titan or a human?

Mikasa is probably dead
Well that's for suffocating me with bread!
Armin is also like mega mad
Man, that's bad!

Someone help me please,
I can't live with this tease!
Take that sword and slash like a pro
Not sure if im gonna live, tho
Im so angry, bro.

Yo yo my name is Eren Jeager
Today i lost control on Titan
Not sure if i will live or die
all i can say is - Good bye!

poem i made for ep 11 and 12

It's probably strange, but I enjoyed it very much. After the third stave I could hear the typical background voices they do in rap ("Chea, foo' what's uuuuuuuup").

Also, I have a classy limerick to end the day with:
A titan was formed by a boy,
While using his friends as decoy.
"And speaking of which,
Let me punch that dumb bitch."
It's funny, so Pixis feels joy.

No spoilers (I can't guarantee you Mikasa is not dead, still).

Aha nice one!! :D
Jun 18, 2013 2:19 PM

Apr 2009
I'm beginning to think of dropping my score, but then I realize I'll just have to rank it back up for the second half anyways. Here's a visual representation of the main difference between the two halves.

Jun 18, 2013 2:22 PM

Sep 2010
Next ep gonna be epic !
Jun 18, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2012
man i love when eren gets into his Maneuvers with his 3Dgear, that street grind was pretty fucking epic
Jun 18, 2013 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
This really was a lot of set up and talk, but it was effective enough to get me hyped for the next episode. I can only imagine manga readers may have been annoyed at the pacing, but I'm OK with it.

It's nice to see that Eren will have a chance to work with the military, rather than run from it. Well, that is if he can stop indiscriminately attacking people!

Jun 18, 2013 7:00 PM
Oct 2008
StopDropAndBowl said:
Okay, so I guess Eotens were made by humanity to try to unite everyone... and I guess Eren's dad was working on some sort of secret project... good to know.

Also, pacing of this show has officially turned from "Suffering" to "Bad". Every single episode they go over the same exact things... and then they spend the entire episode reiterating... and then they spend two minutes on action/plot, and then we get a cliffhanger. This is classic manipulative story-telling. Who fucking wrote this thing, a middle-schooler?

How many fucking times does it have to be drilled into our heads that the soldiers are scared and want to run away? Only the best part is that they never do. Some character always steps up and gives a motivational speech that rallies them just enough to go on for one more time. BADASS!!! But repetitive and cheesy. Good Lord, I GET IT! The soldiers are scared! MOVE ON!

Wow! Eren transformed and attacked Mikasa! Holy crap! I wonder what will happen next! What will be the next crazy cliff-hanger that will advance the story forward like one measly inch and is really just there to make sure I don't drop the show because the plot isn't moving anywhere!? I wonder if Mikasa will transform too and we'll get some Titan on Titan action? Or maybe Eren isn't such a useful weapon after all? The super-power of the main hero isn't overpowered because it has a weakness! INSTANT DRAMA! And at the low, low price of two seconds of thinking!

Who needs creativity and story-building when you can just take your ideas right out of the "How to Write a Cliche Action Story" book? Well, I guess you could probably skip the chapters called: "Subtlety: Show Don't Tell" and "Tension: Don't Blow Your Load!"; and in fact, you could probably actually skip the whole book and just read: "Manipulative Story-Telling: How to Hide the Fact that You're a Talentless Hack!" Now maybe I'm being a bit harsh (I'm totally being too harsh, get over it), but holy crappola this show could lose a foot-race against a snail even if you gave it a ten-minute head-start. And I haven't even gone into the dialogue. My god, the dialogue. It's written like a bad fan-fiction.

On a serious note though, the show is still decent, and the action is definitely top-quality; but action is like... the least important element here. Great action stories all have something in common: action is a supplement to the story: the story and themes are what really drives the movement and makes the action worth it. Without a clear direction and lacking powerful themes... action is meaningless. It's sterile and entirely contrived. There is no flow. You can almost hear the narrator saying: "Now beginning exposition. Exposition complete. Now beginning action sequence. Action sequence complete."

I'm really considering moving this thing down to a 6/10.

can you just move it to 0/10? i think everyone will be happier that way since you wouldn't be on this forum anymore
Jun 18, 2013 11:52 PM
Mar 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:

On a serious note though, the show is still decent, and the action is definitely top-quality; but action is like... the least important element here. Great action stories all have something in common: action is a supplement to the story: the story and themes are what really drives the movement and makes the action worth it. Without a clear direction and lacking powerful themes... action is meaningless. It's sterile and entirely contrived. There is no flow. You can almost hear the narrator saying: "Now beginning exposition. Exposition complete. Now beginning action sequence. Action sequence complete."

What the heck are you even talking about? "Lacking clear direction and powerful themes"? Attack on Titan has never lacked these, its pessimistic idiots that are complaining because they aren't getting enough slice-and-dice 'em. They don't give a fuck about what really matters, and neither do you, or you'd still give this show a 10/10. "Sterile and contrived"? It comes directly from the manga, of course things may appear planned. You're saying you could have predicted each and every sequence that was going to happen in during this episode like it was a mathematical equation?

Goddammit you trolls, here's what the episode is plain and simple: 1 chapter made into 1 episode. Not a bad chapter (in fact, it was a very great build-up chapter for the manga), but it was just a single, text-filled, cliffhanging chapter. The studio followed the manga scene-for-scene, and there's nothing wrong with that, ever. All anime, 90% of the time, is better then it can ever be, when it sticks directly to the manga. But that's not the problem people can't seem to let go of here. It's that, for whatever reason, they didn't squeeze 2 chapters into 1 like earlier in the series. But who gives a shit if its a little bit less. The quality is just as high, just the quantity is less. Let me give you a secret bit of advice friends, quality rules over quantity. This episode served it's purpose to define many characters which we had not seen much of before, as well as to piss off the spoiled little shits that take the action sequences for granted. They did an excellent job with the latter, imo, by delivering a big whopping cliffhanger, right at the very end.

So take off your pull-ups and throw away those training wheels, children---you're big kids now. If you can't handle some extra text for 2 episodes, then suck a dick and go watch One Piece or Naruto. I leave the choice up to you.
T3rm1n4t0r2Jun 19, 2013 12:49 AM
Jun 19, 2013 12:29 AM

Aug 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:

Naw, should the people working on this anime lose sleep over that?

And I'm still gonna keep it a 10/10 for me, isn't that great?
Jun 19, 2013 12:51 AM
Mar 2011
Beaver897 said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

+1 "Vote Up" from me ;D
Jun 19, 2013 2:04 AM

Apr 2009
Sounds like a plan.

The commander's bold gamble has begun. This is a high-risk, high-reward operation that if, they manage to complete it would signify the very first ever victory of mankind over the Titans who since hundreds of years ago have been steadily pushing them back ever closer into a corner.

lol @ people noticing the budget shifting being done to balance the costs of the sakuga intensive scenes. I'd agree with their observations as well.
Jun 19, 2013 2:11 AM

Jun 2013
SayakaMagica said:
The commander's bold gamble has begun.

*bald

But yea, I want the operation to succeed. If Eren just stopped screwing around, that could help.
Jun 19, 2013 3:05 AM

Mar 2013
Beaver897 said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 19, 2013 5:32 AM

Dec 2012
^ wooooooooooooow WTH i did not even pick that up! nice

seems like the kid transformed out of the titan's body like what eren did
「この世に偶然なんてない、あるのは必然だけ」
Jun 19, 2013 5:42 AM

May 2012
I have literally no idea what is up with this show. It goes from being "flipping awesome" to "okay get on with it" and then finally "HUH" - Eren attacks Mikasa? WTF!! I bet she just jumped away though. If she got hurt i'll be so pissed!

BUT hopefully this means they'll finally ditch that "HE'S THE CHOSEN ONE" nonsense, that is one of the most cliché notions on shounen shows!

In fact this whole Eren turning into a titan thing is so stupid!!! Who wrote this, a third grader???
Jun 19, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2008
SteampunkDalek said:
I have literally no idea what is up with this show. It goes from being "flipping awesome" to "okay get on with it" and then finally "HUH" - Eren attacks Mikasa? WTF!! I bet she just jumped away though. If she got hurt i'll be so pissed!

BUT hopefully this means they'll finally ditch that "HE'S THE CHOSEN ONE" nonsense, that is one of the most cliché notions on shounen shows!

In fact this whole Eren turning into a titan thing is so stupid!!! Who wrote this, a third grader???

LOL Chosen one? Eren was never anything of the sort lol
Jun 19, 2013 6:31 AM
Mar 2011
SteampunkDalek said:

That's the beauty of it! Its done in a way that even though they now have a slight of advantage, its no big deal because its realistic and true to the environment presented. His abilities are only special if hes careful and titans can still overcome him if there's too many. Also he has to worry about

Anyways his whole "special power" is used tactically and intelligently, so I believe you and many others will be satisfied. However, I actually disagree with you completely about him being "a chosen one" because

But I do understand the notion of 'badass-chosen-main character' being overused. Guilty Crown, which I quite liked had it, Sword Art Online, which I loved, had it somewhat as well. But I think you should try and take the titan power as a miracle because eren's character is so damn bad-ass, and nobody wanted to see him die!
T3rm1n4t0r2Jun 19, 2013 6:55 AM
Jun 19, 2013 12:56 PM

Dec 2012
SteampunkDalek said:

With in and out of cliche, which doesn't sound a cliche at all. Eventually.

I don't know, never seen them in person. You'd be amazed by the sheer number of people who prefer writing to reading. It's a stellar standard these days.
Jun 19, 2013 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
zellami said:
SteampunkDalek said:

With in and out of cliche, which doesn't sound a cliche at all. Eventually.

I don't know, never seen them in person. You'd be amazed by the sheer number of people who prefer writing to reading. It's a stellar standard these days.

He is Isayama Hajime, a 27 year old with long hair and glasses. This happens to be his first manga work, btw
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 19, 2013 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
^

Expletive punctuation seems so ... mature. They must be right, about the third grader and all.
Jun 19, 2013 5:24 PM
Jun 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:

You know, if there's anyone with middle schoolers' mind here that'd be you. Your rant sounded like someone who wants the mystery solved in a go without caring for the development at all. Yes, build ups are boring, but they're necessary to make the climax even more satisfying. You can't just ignore what the characters are feeling for the sake of PLOT. A good story is one that evoke emotions including frustration and curiosity. If you feel absolutely nothing when watching this show, then it's alright to call it a bad writing. But since you feel some sort of negativity, that means the show has successfully trolled your emotion, congrats.

I suggest you to stop watching this weekly and wait till it finished and marathon it. Only then you can save yourself from the cliffhangers that frustrate you most. Obviously you can't take a slow development and long-planned mystery.
Jun 19, 2013 9:13 PM

Jan 2012
What the hell was with that last moment?! Can't wait to see the next episode now.
Jun 19, 2013 9:30 PM

Apr 2012
i bet everyone is going to learn the summoning jutsu and turn into titans

Jun 19, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2013
I haven't really read far into the manga of Attack On Titans, but at the end of the episode I was like "Dafuq Eren get your shiz together by next episode :c" Poor Mikasa
Jun 20, 2013 12:56 AM

Apr 2013
This is becoming one of my favourites anime. The ost is one of the best out there and the action scenes are at Fate Zero's level. Even the stills don't bother me that much.
Most importantly, I just love the setting and the pace at which the story is moving.
Only downside is that I don't have a particular favourite character, but I still find Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Jean quite enjoyable.
And if the second half is even better than this one, damn, I'm in for a hell of a treat.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 20, 2013 2:37 AM

Aug 2009
Zeally said:
i bet everyone is going to learn the summoning jutsu and turn into titans
Sure makes make fun of the show because the MC got superpowers.
Jun 20, 2013 3:43 AM
May 2012
geralt said:

And if the second half is even better than this one, damn, I'm in for a hell of a treat.

It is.
Jun 20, 2013 3:47 AM

Nov 2012
just wait until Annie's arc and the score would be skyrocket and even beat FMA:B

Jun 22, 2013 12:50 AM

Jun 2012
meh, kind of getting old now, need some impact again -.-

I really like all the OSTs, they are great!

Jun 22, 2013 5:05 AM

Sep 2011
gladionix said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

You know, if there's anyone with middle schoolers' mind here that'd be you. Your rant sounded like someone who wants the mystery solved in a go without caring for the development at all. Yes, build ups are boring, but they're necessary to make the climax even more satisfying. You can't just ignore what the characters are feeling for the sake of PLOT. A good story is one that evoke emotions including frustration and curiosity. If you feel absolutely nothing when watching this show, then it's alright to call it a bad writing. But since you feel some sort of negativity, that means the show has successfully trolled your emotion, congrats.

I suggest you to stop watching this weekly and wait till it finished and marathon it. Only then you can save yourself from the cliffhangers that frustrate you most. Obviously you can't take a slow development and long-planned mystery.

A good example of a series dropping the character development for the plot sould be The cage of eden. I didn't care about ANY of the characters in that series
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 22, 2013 5:08 AM

Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
A good example of a series dropping the character development for the plot sould be The cage of eden. I didn't care about ANY of the characters in that series

And what the hell was with the explanation...dropping the characters wasn't even worth it.
Although they has Zaji pull off a weird move. Don't want SnK to experience "anons vs. titans".
Jun 22, 2013 5:13 AM

Aug 2009
Jyupita said:
GodlyKyon said:

And what the hell was with the explanation...dropping the characters wasn't even worth it.

It was cancelled,we were lucky that we got one anyway.Well I am sure that EVERYBODY new they
but the backstory behind it was half assed.
Jun 23, 2013 6:35 PM

Apr 2012
ok this episode felt kinda slow except that awesome Eren animation but I think that was a good episode, can't wait to see some action next time :D
Jun 24, 2013 2:02 AM

Jul 2008
Damn I forgot how awesome Pixis is, the manga needs more of him in it.
Jun 25, 2013 5:50 AM

Jul 2010
Man, it looks like Eren has lost control of his powers and is going to attack the soldiers now. How will the army ever trust him now?

Jun 27, 2013 12:16 AM

Oct 2012
them stills.

cliff hanger once again
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jun 27, 2013 9:18 AM

May 2010
That animation before transformation.. Goosebumps!!

And the last scene before ED.. O_____________________O
Jul 3, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2008
I really like the Commander. People like that are very needed in situations like this one.
Eren had a hard time drinking his booze. Think he'll get used to it?
Jul 8, 2013 6:24 AM

Oct 2011
Pixis is awesome, really like his character. Eren getting angry at Mikasa for her being so protective is sad, and I'm assuming his feelings toward her are what caused his Titan form to attack her. Hoping Eren can overcome this.
Jul 10, 2013 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
that action sequence before the transformation is why i don't really care that much for the amount of stills. if they can animate action scenes that beautifully then it's not a big issue.
Jul 13, 2013 1:19 PM

Oct 2012
The scene where that one soldier pictured his daughter being captured by a titan and then changed his mind about deserting because he couldn't let that happen since she was his last hope...it captured the essence of this episode very well.
Jul 15, 2013 10:18 AM

Aug 2012
Dat OST
Dat feels at the beginning
Dat animation at the end

Best episode of an anime 10/10
Jul 17, 2013 4:05 PM

Aug 2012
damn, eren! control your charizard!
Jul 23, 2013 3:31 AM

Jul 2013
Never thought that the plan will work efficiently.
This episode proves the accuracy of my idea.
Eren lost the control of titan.
Next, Kyuubi will come in sight
Jul 24, 2013 4:46 AM

May 2013
Gah everything was going so well, don't lose control now Eren! Can't say I was surprised but the turn of events but still....
Jul 27, 2013 4:21 PM
Feb 2013
I'm honest here, I didn't see that coming.
Like, EREN ARE YOU SERIOUS DON'T FUCK UP JUST NOW!!!1!!
And that scene before transforming, OH MY GOD this is why I'm watching this.
Aug 3, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2013
EREN, WATER YOU DOINGGGGGG
Aug 4, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2011
even i read the manga, it was a good episode thought
unlike the other animes like naruto and one piece, since i read the manga i feels bored all the episode and the art isn't that good specifically one piece
well, it's a long anime so i have to understand that
but shingeki no kyojin haven't yet to fail enjoying me every episode
and forget to said that the end of the episode is EPIC :0
5/5 and i wan't to know who rate the episode 1 ouit of 5 were ???? they're kidding around
the art is epic and the OSTs are also epic
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.