Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 4, 2022 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
I would have liked this show more but Riri was such an annoying character that it made it really hard to enjoy when they were on screen. Tsukasa is obvious choice but anime ends with no conclusion, I see manga ended here as well. Netflix suggested a season 2 and I hope so, get some anime original, would drop my view of the show further if it ends with nothing solved like this. 7/10 for what it is, comedy outside of Riri was good but everything else about the show was fluff.
Nov 5, 2022 7:25 AM

Jan 2020
Riri should've obliviated crazy girl's mind from the start.

Motherflippin' Kate! Why is this one's name Kate?

This had a pretty promising start, but it started to fall apart as we approached the end. I definitely was expecting something that actively rejected romance, but time and time again the main character sort of just kept falling into situations without pushing back hardly at all. I really thought they would normalize Anzu's less feminine behaviors moreover rather than pushing her to be "more girly." It almost seems like the premise was just an excuse to do a conventional romance series. So, that's a bit disappointing. Though, there were still some good moments throughout. I just felt like it stumbled along the way and lost some of the potential it showed early on.

All that being said, I don't particularly know if I'd bother with another season. I guess it's impossible to know where we stand in the story without checking out the source material. Was everything adapted? Wasn't it? Maybe one day I'll check out the manga.

I wanted to rate this higher, but I can't really justify it at this point: 7/10 for me, and that's a bit generous.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 5, 2022 2:37 PM
Nov 2020
What kind of stupid twist was this? Did not match the energy of the entire show. Seriously? serial killer and the killer stabs once and then just starts having a whole dialogue with the MC instead of stabbing her to death
Nov 5, 2022 2:52 PM
Nov 2020
Show makes 0 sense, last 2 episodes dropped it from an 8 to a 5. The flow was awful and everything was super forced, they tried making heartfelt scenes out of a series that was meant to be stupid and funny.
Nov 6, 2022 10:19 AM
Jul 2021
ngl made me cry quite a bit, loved this show so much!
Nov 7, 2022 3:26 AM

Mar 2011
This is totally a great watch, I've been longing for this kind of anime. Hoping for second season real soon
Nov 7, 2022 6:29 AM
Sep 2022
I hope the orange haired guy(i forgot his name) and Anzu can be together at the end. I 'll wait for the second season.
Nov 7, 2022 11:02 AM
Nov 2022
Fun, surprisingly tear-jerking. Never expected I'd be this invested.
Nov 8, 2022 10:47 AM

Jun 2020
LMFAOOOOOO POOR KATE

Also I didn’t get why they kept trying to humanize the stalker. And what was that about her being the next subject that Kate was going to. Like it didn’t make any sense it felt so squeezed in. They so briefly mentioned her bullying, but that was all so they should have just kept her as a plot device & not bother to hint at the cause of her actions, that was unnecessary lol I’m pretty sure nobody cares about her……

Anyway that’s probably my only gripe. I really enjoyed Romantic Killer! Anzu especially grew on me so much. I liked the development, I liked that it tried to be more than just a “dumb romcom” & I liked how they portrayed the relationships between people. I actually don’t care who she ends up with, I believe that’s not the point lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 8, 2022 11:24 AM

Sep 2017
one of the quite good enjoyable anime i have watched in a long time.

the ending is quite roughly paced but the setups are somewhat neatly paid off.

it was pretty well made and coherent.

I don't have much hope for a next season but anyways it was nice enough to have another one regardless.
I liked anzu's character and how steadfast she is. she is what made most of the anime for me.

looking forward to more anime like this one

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 9, 2022 4:02 AM
May 2020
man i enjoyed this more than i wouldve thought
Nov 9, 2022 11:32 AM

Jul 2022
LostSpectre said:
The last two episodes dropped my rating down to a 5, the angsty stalker storyline was completely unnecessary for a dumb comedy show.

I didn't quite drop my rating that far since I still greatly enjoyed the show overall, but I agree that the stalker arc (which I think is anime-only) was unneccessary.

I still hope there's a Season 2 that has the same vibe as the early episodes, as I just want more time with these characters even if we never get a "romantic" ending.
Nov 9, 2022 7:01 PM

Apr 2015
I hate how this anime was under my radar with so much stuff going on this season, i just watched because a random trailer on Netflix. And i have to say since Horimiya i don't have so much fun with a new School RomCom series.

Really, basically ALL main characters were extremely enjoyable to watch. They have deep and funny. Also they really went all in with the JP VAs. And so much details and observations i can do.

First favorite character is definitely Junta, because i am always weak for the Baseball Bro. I loved his twist about him actually be childhood friend that already loved Anzu. Maybe this was not the route for him, because he is cursed by the "childhood friend always lose", but he is precious and I like that Anzu recognize that his love for her is true.

Talking about Anzu, I loved her. She is great MC and extremely funny. Love how she try to destroy Riri every time and in the he/she join her Harem.

Tsukasa also is precious, and yeah this is basically his route i feel. His sister is beautiful! And i didn't see much people talking about his gay friend putting so much details on Junta, i was like WTF maybe this is a hidden route here XD.

I will give a 9/10. Because the sad part is how so short and so much stuff they could explore here and never reach (the manga also end here). The stalker arc got me by surprise, but it makes a lot of sense and love how Riri sacrifice so much for Anzu here.

In the end the best thing in this series was their friendship, it felt extremely wholesome.
Nov 9, 2022 9:08 PM
Oct 2009
I had high expectations for this series because from the trailer I got the idea that this would be a complete subversion of the genre: A story where the goal of the MC is truly to escape the societal pressures to pair up and instead, affirm her personality. And yes, to a point, it was that. But it was also, still, very much a romcom. You have all the usual heartthrob moments, all the usual contrived situations (except presented with a "*winkwink* a wizard did it!"), all the slow development of feelings, etc.

That said, while I didn't get what I wanted, the series did surpass the tempered expectations I got from the first few episodes. It dealt with some important issues that don't get talked much about and it did it with panache and sensibility for all the silly comedy. It helps that the main character is genuinely likeable.
Nov 10, 2022 6:37 AM
Oct 2019
YES put that bitch in jail.

I can't believe they made me feel sad for Riri.

Well that was an ending that i didn't expect.
Anzu and Riri VA really carrying this Anime.
It was a really good romcom Anime, dialogue was well written and jokes was hilarious.
Especially Anzu Jojo face lol

8/10

When I'm decided to watch this Anime is just because of Anzu VA Rie Takahashi, that's it.
Going in with low expectations but it turns out to be really good.
I really wish there is more, the characters was awesome, there is so much potential for these characters.
Sadly the Manga got axed 😭
Nov 10, 2022 10:42 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
First binge watch in like 3 years. Was worth it. Finding something like this is rare nowadays.
Didn't care for the stalker part though. Since it's drama and I hate that.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Nov 10, 2022 4:27 PM

Jul 2016
I came to this with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
It was pretty good, really easy to watch and funny.
I would have loved if there was conclusion to the romance, but at the point where it ends, I guess I can only see her ending up with Kazuki.
Nov 10, 2022 9:03 PM

Aug 2009
nwssx said:
I expected it to be good but it turned out to be awesome, LOVED it start to finish.
8/10

my thoughts exactly.
Nov 11, 2022 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
8/10

2nd Season lets go! Obviously it's not confirmed, but at least they left it open.

The story was good and the conclusion was nice. The English dub was almost perfect, they cast everyone really well (except maybe the rich kid, I'm pretty sure it's the same voice actor as Chisaki/Overhaul from MHA and I can't get him out of my head). This episode wrapped everything up nicely. I was touched by Riri's concern for Anzu, and the scene where she visits the yandere in hospital was badass.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Nov 11, 2022 10:39 AM
Aug 2021
Underrated gem. What a fun little show. We need more female MCs like this..sm better than the generic harem trash w male MCs. From the ending, it looks like S2 is definitely coming and we'd see Tsukasa's stalker Kishi as mc (?) probably.
Nov 12, 2022 12:37 AM
Mar 2021
omg i have never watched something quite as good
Nov 13, 2022 8:53 AM
Jul 2022
beautiful ending
Nov 13, 2022 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
Please, I need another season!!!

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Nov 13, 2022 5:32 PM
Oct 2015
While the ending was a letdown since it seems like this all we're gonna get from this story, I have to say that I'm happy we got it, despite the clunky final.
Yes, it was real funny at times and I loved basically all of the characters—but more importantly I love the themes of this story. It showed different kinds of abuse, both through Kazuki and Saki without judgement, and said how to be a supportive friend, namely by believing victims instead of blaming them. I would have loved to see what more this story would have to say on matters of love and things masquerading as love, but like I said, I'm happy we got this rather than nothing ♥️
Nov 13, 2022 6:02 PM
Jun 2021
A lot of fun, the best of it kind for me.
Nov 14, 2022 12:11 AM
Jun 2020
The ending(?)* makes everything perfect.

With Anzu's personality and her being not interested in date or anything love related, this ending is really fitting. Everyone just became friends with everyone. It did not force any romances between characters which is so refreshing to see in a Harem genre.
7/10

*It said "To be Continued...?" at the end.
Nov 14, 2022 3:17 AM

Apr 2012
I enjoyed this show so much that I finished it in a day and I rarely do that.
Nov 14, 2022 11:21 AM
Sep 2021
Just amazing episode waiting for 2nd season
Nov 16, 2022 8:30 PM

Jan 2021
I went into this anime thinking it wouldn't suit me, but wow the amount of times i laughed and enjoyed it is expectational, this romcom comedy anime was amazing, from the visuals to the plot and everything else. I love how Anzu was just an regular girl loving her games and other things and out of nowhere Riri appeared and her whole world got an full 180, I really really hope we will get an Season 2 because on the end it said "To be Continued...?", all in all it was an nice experience and an heartwarming anime.

Oh yeah I'm still rooting for Junta even though the anime ended. :D
Nov 18, 2022 7:48 AM
Nov 2022
I love there friendship so much!! Hoping there is a SEASON 2 plss😭💔
Nov 18, 2022 10:59 AM
Feb 2022
Sha-tan said:
There won't be a season 2.

Actually, a continuation is likely. The manga is pretty new and even though it didn't gain much traction, the anime sure did. The "to be continued...?" was a dead giveaway that if the anime succeeds, there may be a renewal, either by adapting a manga (the author got a cut of the profits, therefore they may get motivated to continue it) or by the Fullmetal alchemist (2003) strategy
Nov 18, 2022 1:29 PM
Apr 2013
Michael556 said:
Sha-tan said:
There won't be a season 2.

Actually, a continuation is likely. The manga is pretty new and even though it didn't gain much traction, the anime sure did. The "to be continued...?" was a dead giveaway that if the anime succeeds, there may be a renewal, either by adapting a manga (the author got a cut of the profits, therefore they may get motivated to continue it) or by the Fullmetal alchemist (2003) strategy

I'm always scared of Netflix's renewal policy but hey, like we say in my country "La speranza è l'ultima a morire" (Hope is the last thing to die)
Nov 19, 2022 6:59 AM
Mar 2019
I straight up thought riri murked that girl.
Nov 19, 2022 11:04 AM
Apr 2021
chorei pacas, Riri meu protegido(a)
Nov 19, 2022 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
Tsukasa is such a good boy, gotta protect that smile.
It's nice that the stalker gets a chance at becoming a healthy person.
Nov 22, 2022 7:07 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So while Riri failed to make Anzu and Kanzaki all lovey-dovey, they succeeded in creating a bond between them stronger than any kind of romantic love could ever offer (although, nevermind, scratch that, Kanzaki loves Anzu now). They also go from rather annoying character, to goated character. Riri actually becomes a great character when they're off screen. DID THEY JUST KILL SOMEONE?? Oh, just erased her memories- but at the risk of getting punished for committing what is a taboo in their world. In fact they committed several apparently, all for the sake of Anzu, whom they ended up truly caring for.

Those scenes being replayed but from Kanzaki's view gave me chills, especially the first scene where Anzu accidentally knocks the phone out of his hand as he was read texts from old classmates. It was like Anzu came into his life to literally knock the pain away. It then ends with him returning the hug that Anzu gave him in the last episode.

I also like how Junta and Hijiri were not added to make pointless, annoying drama, but instead simply to spice things up a little, neither overstay their welcome (because the focus is mostly between Anzu and Kanzaki of course), and instead just add to the feel-goodness overall. You just feel for Junta with every scene he's in, and of course who doesn't want to have short little rich and entitled tsundere boyfriend over here. Idk about you, but to me they managed to make two boys living alone with one girl not seem that weird. I think it's because that despite all the romantic vibes floating about, the show makes you view these three primarily as friends, all helping each other out. And with that, the wholesome overrules the weird, to the point where imo the weird doesn't even exist at all.

Man I'm so glad this didn't turn out as generic as I thought it would be.

I watched Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain, and Ergo Proxy before watching this, so it was so nice to watch something fun and easy to watch again.

8/10

There doesn't NEED to be a season 2, I'd freaking love it if one day we got one, but that won't even be possible until the distant future until more manga is written for it to follow. But again, while I'd love for more, I don't feel there is any need for anymore. I don't think Anzu needs to "end up" with anyone. Imo it just has to end with all of them being good friends who have each other's backs.... and that's exactly what we get here.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 24, 2022 4:00 PM
Sep 2016
If they're that nice to Rio at the end im going to feel emotions. Not fair
Nov 24, 2022 8:44 PM
Mar 2021
ITS SO AMAIZIGN CANT WAIT FOR SEASON2
Nov 25, 2022 9:28 AM

Oct 2015
Man it would be funny if Anzu ends up with Saki instead. XD

This anime was better than I expected. Anzu and I had a lot of common. Like... I'm almost in my mid 20s now but I've never been in a relationship, and I'm not planning to anytime soon. That's how dire it is for us "romantic killers" cause we prefer being friends than being in a romantic relationship with people we like.

Tho my big 3 would be: anime (not video games), K-pop idols (Momohiki), and junk foods (chocolate).

Yup. I'm gonna be single for the rest of my life unless a "Riri" appears and let me meet some ikemen. :3
   HuaLian <3
Nov 26, 2022 8:52 PM

Jan 2011
this was a very funny and fun anime to watch anzu was a treat to see go off and Rie did a great job voicing her, the forced stalker arc does bring it down mostly due to it not really fitting this show Science Fell in Love, was another anime that kinda ruined it self even more with it's final serious arc that came out of left field

still i'd love to see more but maybe that wont happen
Nov 28, 2022 12:41 AM

Feb 2021
Last episode really amazing! Can't wait to see 2nd season :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 28, 2022 2:09 PM
Dec 2021
I love this anime so so so much!!! I wish there were more animes like this, the plot is so good, and I did not expect the ending. The art is also really pretty, and I am desperate for a season 2! Please tell your friends to watch it, I am really looking forward fpr a s2
Dec 2, 2022 11:48 AM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
Dec 2, 2022 4:06 PM

Apr 2018
I can't imagine S2 for this series. I'm fine with the way it ended (although I ship her with Tsukasa) since it's likely that she does not have any romantic feelings for them at all. Hence the title, "Romantic Killer."
I think what killed it for me was that the guys noticed Riri and Kate and they seemed to be okay with this whole shenanigan; this should've been omitted IMO. I'm surprised they didn't end up with stomach aches for finding out just because LOL. My other complaint is that I don't think they should've added Hijiri as a potential lover. There wasn't much screentime or (possible) romance focus between Anzu and him for me to really care. I get that they want to spice it up a little bit by adding him to the plot, but I think it would've been better if they focus on just Junta and Tsukasa. If anything, I'd rather Tsuchiya be listed as a potential lover lol.

Overall, I'd give this 8/10. It's been fun!
6AMDiaryDec 2, 2022 4:20 PM
Dec 3, 2022 8:50 PM
Oct 2019
Season 2 when? Like bro I neeeeeeeeeed season 2. I can’t wait 2+ years 😾
Dec 3, 2022 11:16 PM

Feb 2019
Personally I would’ve chose the yandere stalker. Need that type of love and energy in my life. Lmaoo. Cute and fun series. Ending felt pretty rushed tho and it seems like this was the authors first manga so it probably was. Definitely hit different at some points like saki backstory and tsukasa’s as well. Appreciated the more mature moments. Will miss this cast
Marinate1016Dec 3, 2022 11:46 PM
Dec 5, 2022 12:05 AM

Dec 2021
To be continued? in the end, Man this story already end doesnt mean we cant start another story

Solid Ending, i pretty much think that Intro was spoil me that Yellow husbando will win at the end, but them battle still on till end of high school story

I really want to see Kishi story tbh, if its possible, she is villain indeed, but as the few episode back said, she was bully in office so i cant help to feel sorry toward her, but i totally against her about how aggressive she to yellow husbando, go away yellow husbando dont want you disturb him

At the end its solid 8/10, really fun watch this for awhile but yea at least its end of this story
Dec 6, 2022 2:38 AM
Oct 2022
Je recommande fortement, il est génial ! Hâte la suite !
Dec 8, 2022 12:34 AM
May 2021
Really enjoyed the series man, 9/10 ❤❤. There was a to be continued...? statement at end but manga ended here so i guess no S2 😢
Dec 8, 2022 12:48 AM

Mar 2014
Riri being the Secret Route, using their powers against the rules to erase that stalker's memories was perfect. It's crazy how cool that stupid potato was after falling for Anzu and going rogue to "deal" with that stalker and then kissing her goodbye. Anzu finally got her 3 desires back and even managed to save Riri from being punished for the rest of their life for saving her! AND FINALLY, FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE IS IN ON THE WIZARDS BEING THERE MANIPULATING ANZU. Having to keep such a malicious secret like that is just wrong and it was so cathartic that this new case worker just so happened to be sloppy enough that now finally Anzu could be 100% open with at least 2 others on this magic crap she's been having to deal with the whole time.

I do like how the ending recontextualized them "confiscating" her 3 desires. Instead of it being an unfair deprivation, it was an opportunity for Anzu to see the great friends she had missed in life because she was so distracted by them. Still an awful thing to do to her but I can see the good that came of it. Too bad they're still gung-ho on her "falling" for someone before graduation or else they get taken away again permanently. Can't she just be allowed to be herself? She attracts "love interests" easily enough now with this new perspective without them threatening her like this.

Interesting twist that the stalker is the next test subject....
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 5 Discussion

shuffleair - Oct 27, 2022

28 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 4 Discussion

36 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Yesterday, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 3 Discussion

34 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Yesterday, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 2 Discussion

38 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Yesterday, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

truth999 - Oct 27, 2022

84 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.