Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2023 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, an upper demon that can split into more and more after being cut. Seriously, they're dealing with the big guns now this season so expecting insane abilities out of these guys.

Still, Tanjirou gave a hell of a fight this episode and seems like his training pulled off. Ufotable gave this episode great production quality for that fight and made it look like a movie. Poor Nezuko though..as she struggled. This also felt like one of the more important fights as it shows Tanjirou's growth. 

Jun 2019
It was nice of Muichiro to save the little kid. He's a nice guy on the inside. Tanjiro suffers on the other side getting injured again and again by those sound waves but he knows how to adapt quickly. Nezuko holding herself against those two alongside the Bakugou kid. But, gotta give to Nezuko, she did the best against all of them. My girl carried once again.

But, looks like both Nezuko and Tanjiro are out cold and will probably require help and Mitsuri is on her way. Btw, the Classic Ufotable Fish treatment. LOL. I remember the good old days.

May 2020
Well cleaning up off the eyesore which was the CGI fish didn't take long, such is the no nonsense approach of Muichiro. And hey he even helped the kid. But for Tanjiro and Co., who are now separated things were anything but easy. On one side Tanjiro did manage to hold off the bird dude someway, but not something on the magnitude of dealing enough damage to stop his attacks.

On the other side, Nezuko with the American badass, Genya, were clearly outnumbered. But hey as if that would’ve meant the end, those constant colourful attacks from Nezuko managed to help these people hold their ground, but the numbers were in the favour after all in the end. I mean see the siblings, they're down and out.

And that's when Mitsuri arrived in the end, with a horde of CGI fishes. Just non-stop action from here on.
Softhenic03Apr 30, 2023 7:50 AM
Apr 30, 2023 7:49 AM

Jan 2015
Actually tbh the CGI was well made after some reconsideration.
Was kind of expecting a full Tokito episode based on the title, but we actually got more of the previous fight with Nezuko, Genya and Tanjirou. I gotta say, that everyone here is incredible, being stabbed in the neck, abdomen etc and still being alive and fighting.
The Nezuko’s bullying was a lot this episode lol.

Tanjirou is getting damn serious, although it didn’t end very well for the two of them. Hantengu is truly a terrifying demon.
Genya is a certified chad.

Apr 30, 2023 8:01 AM

Jun 2014
They're all managing to barely hold their own at the moment against Hantengu's split bodies, but things aren't looking good for Tanjiro and co. at all right now. Thankfully Mitsuri is on her way. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 30, 2023 8:07 AM

Jan 2021
Mitsuri on her way. This fight just keeps getting bigger and better. We arent even half way through the season and the fight is already this intense. Demon Slayer fans are in for a ride.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Apr 30, 2023 9:30 AM
Jul 2022
It just gets better and better each week

Genya is really tuff
Apr 30, 2023 9:46 AM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
I struggle to see why this series is good, in the last 4 episodes so little of value has happened it could've probably been condensed into 1 or 2 episodes.
Apr 30, 2023 10:14 AM
Jan 2022
action was rather bland
Apr 30, 2023 10:20 AM
Sep 2015
I don't know which demon is which emotion. I'm gonna guess the blue guy is sad, the red shock is anger, the yellow bird is joy, and the green wind is pleasure.
Apr 30, 2023 10:27 AM
Apr 2016
Picks up where the last episode left off, Tanjiro doing 100IQ moves while fighting to death.
Can't wait for the next episode and both Tanjiro, Nezuko seem to be unconscious
Apr 30, 2023 10:32 AM
Aug 2022
Maybe I’m tripping or something but am I the only one who thinks the animation for s3 has been really weird??

Like the style feels different ever since the end of s2

It’s not a bad change though I like it. Idk maybe I’m just going crazy.
Apr 30, 2023 10:35 AM
Oct 2022
demon slayer season 4 episode 4 osm i can't wait for next episode
Apr 30, 2023 10:40 AM

Feb 2021
How can an episode feel rushed and slow paced at the same time? 
So far the season has been 6.5 / 10 max
"Without commitment, we will never start. Without dicipline and consistency, we will never finish."
Apr 30, 2023 10:41 AM
Sep 2020
I’ve been slightly disappointed with this season so far. I obviously don’t expect big fights and crazy stuff to happen right off the bat, but I’m glad things are starting to pick up (not a manga reader btw). But the one thing that’s really making me dislike this season is the 3D/CGI effects. That fish head regrowing at the beginning of the episode was HORRIBLE. Especially with the style this show is animated in, it stands out a lot, and not in a good way. Maybe they had CGI in previous seasons, but it wasn’t something I really noticed/it didn’t stand out to me. But this season… god it’s rough
Apr 30, 2023 10:42 AM
Jul 2021
I loved it but it felt like it was being rushed
Apr 30, 2023 10:43 AM
Jan 2023
Daym so far we did see potential of upper 4 demon and a bit of upper 5 and so far none of our hashira seem at their peak skill but our boiz tanjuro, genya, nezuko are doing their best to fight against upper 4.
I bet next ep will show skills of atleast one hashira pls don't tell me our boiz will handle upper demon single handedly for 2 eps. But I believe that gyutaro upper 6 is stronger than upper 5 judging from what I saw until now. Looking forward to next ep.
*Tanjuro 1000IQ moment while in intense battle, fear, pain.*
Apr 30, 2023 10:45 AM
Dec 2020
nice action.. intens eps
9/10 overal
Apr 30, 2023 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
This last two episodes have been way too short, this moon seems to be easily countered by teams, it is super gimmicky but I imagine after the first neck cut most slayers would have lowered their guard and them immediately die, Muichirou got a second chance thanks to Tanjirou's experience that with them that's not the whole fight.
Apr 30, 2023 11:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being killed by a giant goldfish would have been a poor way to go. There's no point in protecting the village if it means losing its most skilled swordsmiths in the process. The weaknesses of Tanjiro's foe though turned out to be pretty logical. Genya's stubborness really was impressive. Bout time that Mitsuri enters the fray. Overall a pretty gritty ep that showed well just powerful upper ranked demons can get not to mention the kind of unique powers that they can possess. Despite the tall odds Tanjiro's adaptability continues to shine in his battle. Though im wondering where Mitsuri was stationed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2023 11:03 AM

Dec 2022
this anime has best animation and good cg this season (remembering the terrible cg from "KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World")
Apr 30, 2023 11:05 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
claireadams said:
I’ve been slightly disappointed with this season so far. I obviously don’t expect big fights and crazy stuff to happen right off the bat, but I’m glad things are starting to pick up (not a manga reader btw). But the one thing that’s really making me dislike this season is the 3D/CGI effects. That fish head regrowing at the beginning of the episode was HORRIBLE. Especially with the style this show is animated in, it stands out a lot, and not in a good way. Maybe they had CGI in previous seasons, but it wasn’t something I really noticed/it didn’t stand out to me. But this season… god it’s rough
  it's not horrible.
ๆญปใ ใ‘ใŒ็ขบๅฎŸ
Apr 30, 2023 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode. Tanjiro seems to have improved against fighting the Upper Rank demons, but he's still always getting roughed up by them. So Muichiro has lost his memories somehow. And Genya has some extraordinary willpower and resilience to injury. Now, it's time for Mitsuri to join the fray. We've only seen a little bit of Mist Breathing. I hope Love Breathing will be just as exciting.
Apr 30, 2023 11:16 AM

Aug 2021
worst episode so far. upper four is pretty lame. seeing mitsuri at the end was the highlight
Apr 30, 2023 11:18 AM
Aug 2022
awful 2d and 3d blending.... it looked so bad
Apr 30, 2023 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit they made it more brutal and gorey than the manga lol
Apr 30, 2023 11:22 AM

Apr 2020
This episode felt so slow. I'm not impressed with this season until now...
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 30, 2023 11:29 AM

Oct 2018
Another very bad episode, the 29th in a row. How can an anime have 29 consecutive bad episodes? The power play in this anime simply doesn't exist.
I hope Kanroji can save it, although I already know she won't be able to. We'll have to pray that Kana Hanazawa will do her job.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 2020
Good episode as always, I don’t understand how people are saying it’s rushed, it’s about the same pace as season 2 and super faithful to the manga, if anything they are adding more to the adaptation to pad the runtime, I also don’t understand how people are saying nothing has happen in the past 4 episode, I mean it’s one big battle that’s gonna stretch all 12 or however many episodes theres gonna be same as season 2

Also the cgi fish look good, it fits and from my understanding from reading the manga the gosh demon are suppose to look weird and and fake

Jul 2011
I forgot that Nezuko had her pocket incendiary blood.

Tanpachiro had his biologist moment while fighting Urogi.
Apr 30, 2023 11:31 AM
May 2020
I don’t understand how people are complaining about fish cgi but said nothing about this

I had no problem with the mugen train cgi nor the fish cgi
Apr 30, 2023 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
this ep triggered me so much wtf

first of all i dint even realize the love girl moved out of the village, i was thinking she was staying at inn cose thats where she was on the last episode???????

second, every1 was fighting for so long inside the inn AND outside, why the f it took so long to sound the alarm? they literally sounded it while the fishes were coming inside HELLO?

then there is Tokito, he saved the blacksmith kid and he was like "Haganezuka is crafting a sword and u need to protect him so he wont mess up" ..... ok lets do that while the village is getting destroyed and every1 is dying

i was pogging too cose all the previous eps were 9's and 10's and this happened, fml
if i liked anything it was the scene with Nezuko and Tanjiro... which ended in 1 min, sadge
Apr 30, 2023 11:36 AM
Oct 2016
Muichiro making the right decision to help out Kotetsu. The mist of his mind lifting from something as small as that. Kotetsu was so cute and funny apologizing to Muichiro for calling him seaweed head. Tanjiro has his hands full with that bird demon, dealing with even one of these clones by themselves isn't easy. Luckily it can't split into infinite strong clones of itself, they keep getting weaker. Tanjiro needs to attack the base. This bird demon is just like a bird of prey its got fast wings and sharp talons. Tanjiro has to anticipate the angle of attack while slashing the demon at the same time. Its a lot to process and think about while constantly being attacked. Tanjiro makes a bold move jumping right at the bird's mouth to stab through and send them both back to the building to help Nezuko and Genya.

Whom are having their hands full with the remaining clones. The sad one spearing Genya through the stomach in a seemingly fatal blow. Genya though has other plans, awesome seeing him blast that clones head off! His regeneration powers aren't normal, even the demons know something is different about him. Nezuko trying her best to grapple with the wind clone, he's much stronger than her but you can't count out Nezuko determination. Same as her brother Nezuko does a bold move letting her arm be torn off so he cam spray blood and ignite it on the wind demons face. Grabbing his fan to blast him away was another smart move. It sucks the lightning rod demon stopped her from going any further.

Tanjiro with even more quick thinking knowing the lightning couldn't strike a fellow clone. So using the bird clones foot to grab the lightning staff. Many great moments this episode as Tanjiro, Nezuko and Genya try it all to stop these guys but they can't keep up. Getting out matched in the end. Good for them that backup is on the way! Mitsuri to save the day! 
Apr 30, 2023 11:43 AM

May 2015
This swordsmiths village is rather fishy xDDDd
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 30, 2023 11:55 AM
Mar 2023
Is this just me or this season production has missing "the vibe" ?. It just like a bland story telling and fighting. I think the prev season have high tension so that o feel this is very boring
Apr 30, 2023 11:59 AM
Sep 2013
phantomfandom said:
I don't know which demon is which emotion. I'm gonna guess the blue guy is sad, the red shock is anger, the yellow bird is joy, and the green wind is pleasure.

You guessed right. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Apr 30, 2023 12:05 PM

Dec 2018
awesome fight, it looks bad but help is on the way! frustrating cliffhanger but all in all a really solid episode and serious what the heck is up with that guy he just wont die and he's got some awesome firepower with that shotgun. as for the post credit scene, mitsuri i'll be your bf!!! well, except she's rather dense. also art majors tend to be very weird, borderline insane.
StateofOhayoApr 30, 2023 12:11 PM
Apr 30, 2023 12:07 PM

Feb 2021
upper 4 weak af wtf

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Apr 30, 2023 12:09 PM

Dec 2018
WickedFM said:
How can an episode feel rushed and slow paced at the same time? 
So far the season has been 6.5 / 10 max
actually i kind of agree with this sentiment like it all went by so fast but also not much happened. it took the whole episode just to get back to the house and get his butt kicked. other than that i think maybe defeating one fish dude was of minor importance and we're left hanging. still, idk i'd maybe rate it higher than 6.5 but it's hard to say because i really just can't get a hold on how i feel just yet about everything.
Apr 30, 2023 12:20 PM
Jun 2022
it was a good episode, the whole episode had good tension and was intense asf, can't wait for mitsuri to get into the action tho
Apr 30, 2023 12:24 PM
Aug 2021
I had no idea that Muichiro went through an accident I just assumed he was born that way and I never would have guessed it. Tanjiro is improving he managed to slice an upper demon. Is Genya really going to die like this? He looks like Rengoku atm๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”. W Nezuko they need to feed her a rare human at some point so she can get OP. Tanjiro just got healed and now he is suffering all of these injuries. Damn, the two siblings got KNOCKED OUT. Misturi(I think this is how u spell her name) is fine as hell. These episodes aren't long enough man๐Ÿ˜”.
Apr 30, 2023 12:24 PM

Jul 2022
finally, finally! this is what DS does best - monsters, fight scenes. aghhh, I knew they were gonna pick the speed up!
so many broken children living in grown bodies mimicking adult lives

Apr 30, 2023 12:27 PM
Jan 2022
Tanjiro said to much "Nezuko". It was like really annoying
Apr 30, 2023 12:36 PM
Apr 2022
user3625 said:
Is this just me or this season production has missing "the vibe" ?. It just like a bland story telling and fighting. I think the prev season have high tension so that o feel this is very boring

lol the previous season picked up from ep 6

you guys are to quick to judge
Apr 30, 2023 12:37 PM

Aug 2009
Demon Slayer - The anime where the best seiyu play as crows. We just had Kugimiya Rie as crow of wind Hashira and now Yui Horie joined as crow of Love Hashira. 
Apr 30, 2023 12:46 PM
Jan 2020
Pre_Yum said:
It was nice of Muichiro to save the little kid. He's a nice guy on the inside. Tanjiro suffers on the other side getting injured again and again by those sound waves but he knows how to adapt quickly. Nezuko holding herself against those two alongside the Bakugou kid. But, gotta give to Nezuko, she did the best against all of them. My girl carried once again.

But, looks like both Nezuko and Tanjiro are out cold and will probably require help and Mitsuri is on her way. Btw, the Classic Ufotable Fish treatment. LOL. I remember the good old days.
I didn't expect Nezuko to be that powerful.
Apr 30, 2023 12:48 PM
Dec 2020
Looks like Ufotable went on save round.
All the more reason to look forward to the next episodes.
Apr 30, 2023 12:49 PM
Oct 2019
Previous episode felt good building up the hype but this felt very bland... ๐Ÿ˜ž
The music, cgi fish, and even hantengu doesn't feel scary at ALL(I liked it in manga) , pacing was too slow too.
Apr 30, 2023 12:50 PM
Mar 2023
Tuli345 said:

lol the previou/s season picked up from ep 6

you guys are to quick to judge
no no, i talking about "the vibe" that make a story more live. They did a great job in the prev season. But now they just like show us a bunch of scene without properly gave it "live". Same case with fight scene
Apr 30, 2023 12:55 PM
Dec 2020
Just wait
U wont be dissapointed
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

713 by bushman66 »»
Jun 25, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

268 by Matheus050 »»
Jun 19, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.