Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 17, 2023 4:40 AM
Sep 2016
This episodes lays the foundation for the rest of the season. from Thorfins submittance, Einars Defiance, the Masters son and the forth. I love the pacing of the season because when things really pick up, it REALLY picks up
Jan 17, 2023 5:12 AM
Apr 2016
Thorfinn not talking feels like a forced way to create unecessary suspense. Why not just explains what happened between first and second season? Here i can t care about thorfinn if i don t know what he went through...

Apart from that it s still a great series. I like the historical elements. Don t know if it s accurate but that s how i would imagine life at this epoch
Jan 17, 2023 5:30 AM

Jul 2021
As I've said previously, Einar is very unaware of his role as a slave. That moment he let Thorfinns senses was quite touching but I got laughed when he saw a beautiful woman 0_0. Also Snake! Love this guy so much can't wait to see him more. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 17, 2023 5:58 AM
Apr 2017
no action XD i almost fell asleep
Jan 17, 2023 6:03 AM

Feb 2019
Einar's naivety had me facepalm the whole episode... but I enjoyed observing Thorfinn doing his labor work; it makes him look charismatic despite his depressing state, and I'm here solely to witness this precious boy growth. 
Looking forward to see this guy Snake next.

Jan 17, 2023 6:07 AM
Dec 2022
Pretty interesting story... Eagerly waiting for next ep.
Jan 17, 2023 6:16 AM
Nov 2021
jnice and cool and funny
Jan 17, 2023 6:22 AM

Jun 2016
slow pacing but for surely this gonna be a masterpiece later !!
Jan 17, 2023 6:24 AM

Feb 2013
Rinrinka said:
Ketil the farm owner is a true chad, he is the coolest man I've ever seen in this anime so far, second only to the deceased Thor.

I'm really curious what actually happened to Thorfinn, I thought he became Canute's right hand man or something alongside Thorkell. Never expected he would be a slave.
Thorfinn tryed to Kill Canute at the end of season 1.
But it was just unleashed rage.
Jan 17, 2023 6:59 AM

Jan 2019
Franck_Nicolas said:
Thorfinn not talking feels like a forced way to create unecessary suspense.
I'm sorry, what the hell is this supposed to mean? The fuck?

He's purposeless and dejected and apparently that's not a good enough reason to be silent most of the time, obviously it's just forced "unnecessary suspense". Also, have you ever heard of nuance?
ElucidJan 17, 2023 7:12 AM
Jan 17, 2023 7:02 AM

Oct 2019
This season is being way better. It is a better representation of the viking era. Einar is a breath of fresh air.
Jan 17, 2023 7:12 AM
Jan 2020
that 20 minutes always goes by so fast
Jan 17, 2023 7:14 AM

May 2016
Oh look, work looks harder than expected, but I'm trying my best.
Oh look, people are mean to us, how can you stand for this!?
Oh look, a pretty girl in slow motion, I'm gonna forget what I was about to say.
Oh look, an ungrateful son who really wants to be a warrior, do you think he'll learn his lesson and respect his dad?
Oh look, the preview shows us trying to fight, do you think Thorfinn will wake up to his warrior roots and impress somebody?

Was the first season also this basic, because I remember it being quite the opposite (and far faaaaaar better looking, thanks MAPPA). Yawned my way through the first two eps.
Jan 17, 2023 7:53 AM
May 2022
BetaMaleUltra said:
What an epic ending. Einar perhaps thinking what he's saying is falling on deaf ears, but Thorfinn is wide awake, bringing back to memory the fires of his own past. 
Is it him remembering his own past, or is it him realising he was one of the people that caused Einar's tragedy?
Jan 17, 2023 8:51 AM

Sep 2020
Wonder what happened before this arc and after s1 to make him so different, and also the landlord's son is kind of hilarious, 
Jan 17, 2023 9:53 AM
Jul 2022
This show just hits different. The only thing I can really compare it to is how I felt when I watched Attack on Titan. Vinland Saga constantly holds my attention and elicits the feeling of it being a masterpiece. The score always hits the proper notes, the animation style is perfect, and it's always giving me goosebumps. Even though we're only two episodes in, Vinland Saga has already managed to seem head and shoulders above everything else I'm watching this season.
Jan 17, 2023 11:00 AM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode which fully described Einar's hate for the warriors. The comparison of every warrior to a beast I think ached Thorfinn's heart and I believe that the next episodes it will be like Thorfinn warming up to Einar and becoming buddies.
Jan 17, 2023 12:41 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This episode was so good.

Thorfin is still scarred, can't blame the guy, I wonder if his trauma is what will get him closer to Einar. Olmar too seems like a troublemaker, but also a very complex and convoluted character, I wonder if he will grow for the better or will ply the villain part.
Jan 17, 2023 12:41 PM
Nov 2019
continuing strong! what a great master that guy is , and i think this might be a very interesting slave story
Jan 17, 2023 1:09 PM

May 2021
SoL fans already sweating because lack of romance or mundane activities, anyways 6.75/10.
Jan 17, 2023 1:26 PM
Jan 2021
seeing Thorfinn not stand up to anyone or not trying to pick a fight makes me mad, what happened to him? cant wait to see more development and loved the ED!
Jan 17, 2023 2:40 PM
Mar 2021
I got addicted to the opening
Jan 17, 2023 3:35 PM
Jul 2021
Einar is a good addition to the cast
Jan 17, 2023 3:57 PM
Nov 2019
thorfinn is weak and i dont like it
Jan 17, 2023 5:22 PM

Feb 2014
People rooting for Ketil flatnose sure will be shocked when the show ends.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 17, 2023 5:39 PM
Apr 2020
peakland peak peak
Jan 17, 2023 6:27 PM
Aug 2022
Specimen021 said:
Oh look, work looks harder than expected, but I'm trying my best.
Oh look, people are mean to us, how can you stand for this!?
Oh look, a pretty girl in slow motion, I'm gonna forget what I was about to say.
Oh look, an ungrateful son who really wants to be a warrior, do you think he'll learn his lesson and respect his dad?
Oh look, the preview shows us trying to fight, do you think Thorfinn will wake up to his warrior roots and impress somebody?

Was the first season also this basic, because I remember it being quite the opposite (and far faaaaaar better looking, thanks MAPPA). Yawned my way through the first two eps.
ofcourse the show is basic and uninteresting for you, it doesn't have pedophile content like monogatari despite representing 10th century 
Jan 17, 2023 7:01 PM

Jan 2016
We have a fuckin banger on our hands this season
Jan 17, 2023 8:47 PM

Jul 2021
we are just torturing ourselves by watching this weekly. but no way am i gonna wait 6 months to binge this.

this was another really great episode. i wonder how einar will feel when he learns what thorifnn did prior to becoming a slave. also that master's son seems like an idiot.

seeing the pv i'm hoping we get to see thorifnn take up a sword and show everyone who's the boss.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 17, 2023 9:46 PM
Feb 2020
It's happening. Thorfinn is beginning to reflect
Jan 17, 2023 11:02 PM
Jul 2019
Bro that ending I swear if Askeladd was involved in the raid on Einar's village I don't how I'll react.
Jan 17, 2023 11:31 PM
Jul 2021
Relatively uneventful but great character work as always.
Jan 18, 2023 12:34 AM

Nov 2020
Beautiful job done by MAPPA. They never disappoint.
Jan 18, 2023 1:31 AM
Jan 2023
exceptional job by the pianist as always
Jan 18, 2023 3:02 AM
Jan 2022
Simply amazing can't describe it more than that
Jan 18, 2023 3:22 AM

Sep 2014
Slowburn episode but it was necessary to get a solid introduction of the setting this arc takes place in. Still, it hurts to see Thorfinn like this. Poor guy just doesn't give a **ck anymore. Olmar was quite funny just I remembered him.

And finally, Snake's debut is coming! Looking forward to this!
Jan 18, 2023 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode it breaks my heart seeing Thorfinn in this state and I already like Einar my only complaint from this episode is in a few scenes the characters looked weird 
removed-userJan 18, 2023 3:38 AM
Jan 18, 2023 3:44 AM
Sep 2022
Just how could Thorfinn less care about the other people, I like what I see
Jan 18, 2023 7:26 AM

Apr 2019

I like the dialogues and the character interactions in this series a lot. It's always a delight to watch. Vinland Saga continues to be the best anime this season.
Jan 18, 2023 9:15 AM
Oct 2020
What amazing development of Throfinn GG
Jan 18, 2023 9:21 AM
Apr 2019
Thorfinn is back bois!
Jan 18, 2023 9:39 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode once again.

We got to see through Einar's POV the life in the farm with all its problems and benefits.

Thorfinn looks so emotionally detached.You can't even compare him with the Thorfinn of the previous season.Einar naturally has some strong views against war.

Waiting to see how it unfolds from now on.

Jan 18, 2023 10:28 AM

Feb 2019
@Specimen021

If that's how you remember it: story wise, pacing, characters...then yes, second season so far is not much different than how the first was. The only change here is the studio.

Jan 18, 2023 2:53 PM
Jan 2023
So i just have to say one thing. On the surface its the Same animation and estatics exept for a few moments. But the emotions that the scenery used to bring. The scenery that made you speachless is all gone. In the first season alll scenes where amazing in this season there are litteral moments where they have removed the facila fetures so they look like slenderman. Also the animation that effekts the enviorment have greatly diminished when they start to cut down the trees there is litrally zero DENTS in the tree and it looks just wonky also the animals Lost their spirit the background Lost its parning like estetic that blended the thing so well together. And there are so many moments when the characters just stand still in 5 secounds without moving or anything and its just weird. Its still really good like on an 8 out of 10 level but spirit and emotions arent in the art anymore and thats sad and there when multible missed opurtunities to show the characters emotions by just adding a bit of shadow or a blur around the character like the scene where he dröm in love you could have added a small blur at the edets to elevate the scene even more. I know thsese are small details that dont really mater but those small details fill the scenes with love from the creators and add upp into something amazing over time that lifts the entire anime. The anime is still really good dont get me wrong but i hope that we will get more details in later episodes and that we can get some light fog to elevate the background or something like that not just bright colors like there is nov nothing blends together the same anymore… 8 out of 10 episode
Jan 18, 2023 3:22 PM
Dec 2020
love the animatoins
Jan 18, 2023 4:28 PM
May 2019
This is legendary
Jan 18, 2023 4:57 PM
Jan 2023
Foxygamerx05 said:
So i just have to say one thing. On the surface its the Same animation and estatics exept for a few moments. But the emotions that the scenery used to bring. The scenery that made you speachless is all gone. In the first season alll scenes where amazing in this season there are litteral moments where they have removed the facila fetures so they look like slenderman. Also the animation that effekts the enviorment have greatly diminished when they start to cut down the trees there is litrally zero DENTS in the tree and it looks just wonky also the animals Lost their spirit the background Lost its parning like estetic that blended the thing so well together. And there are so many moments when the characters just stand still in 5 secounds without moving or anything and its just weird. Its still really good like on an 8 out of 10 level but spirit and emotions arent in the art anymore and thats sad and there when multible missed opurtunities to show the characters emotions by just adding a bit of shadow or a blur around the character like the scene where he dröm in love you could have added a small blur at the edets to elevate the scene even more. I know thsese are small details that dont really mater but those small details fill the scenes with love from the creators and add upp into something amazing over time that lifts the entire anime. The anime is still really good dont get me wrong but i hope that we will get more details in later episodes and that we can get some light fog to elevate the background or something like that not just bright colors like there is nov nothing blends together the same anymore… 8 out of 10 episode
you act like there's no emotion when the first 5 minutes of einar and thorfinn's conversation had emotion AND especially after their first day together. I can't see how there's lack of emotion when clearly both are letting out the emotion that the characters express. 
You're nitpicking the idea of trees not being dent, are we seeing the same episode? the trees are clearly being chopped. You act like there was bunch of animals in season 1 when there wasn't. 

After seeing your profile, how the fuck would you know about scenery when you have black clover a 9/10 which btw has wonky animations produced by Pierot. 
Jan 18, 2023 6:21 PM
Jul 2022
FMmatron said:
Polly_S said:
Best anime of the season? yes

Vinland Saga untouchable this season

Inukai clears no dif.
Jan 18, 2023 7:14 PM
Nov 2016
The episode was on the slow side, it was meh, to be honest but that's ok, not all the episodes should be good, but as long as this gets good later then I'm ok with it, Steins;Gate has a very slow start too but it has an excellent 2nd half and thanks to it, Steins;Gate became my favorite anime so Vinland Saga S2 has plenty of episodes left to make me change my mind, it needs time to build up.

My biggest complaint so far is the OST, it's too soon to be complaining about it but personally, I don't find it to be particularly good so far, especially the piano piece at the beginning of the episode, I just don't like those types of piano pieces since the pianist is most likely "improvising" so the piece lacks melody, I rather listen to a piano piece with melody, Naruto and Steins;Gate has really good piano pieces with melody but Vinland Saga S2 is lacking that melody, I just don't like when they improvise it.
Jan 18, 2023 7:18 PM
Jun 2021
einer really looks like eren
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2023

177 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2023

173 by phantom346 »»
Jun 18, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

168 by FarCritical »»
Jun 18, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

492 by Katzanmira »»
Jun 15, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2023

158 by FarCritical »»
Jun 14, 9:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.