Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2022 2:41 PM
Apr 2017
I’m really trying to understand how the hell this show manages to get better with every episode. Easiest 10/10 of my life.
Nov 26, 2022 2:46 PM

Aug 2009
One of the best episodes so far!
Nov 26, 2022 3:10 PM
Apr 2020
Seeing Bocchi's evolution rocks!
Nov 26, 2022 3:19 PM
Jan 2021
best one so far and I guess you could tell that the first song they performed on stage even was just a liiiiiittle off
Nov 26, 2022 3:26 PM

Feb 2018
This was a really good episode for Bocchi.
Showing us just how much she cares about the band, and is evening willing to put herself out there in order for them to have a better chance.
Loved the conversations that were happening in the bar after their performance.
Another wholesome episode to add to the series.
Nov 26, 2022 3:30 PM

Mar 2007
Glad Bocchi started shredding on the second song after they all "lost confidence" and flubbed the first song.

That other girl drunk spewing alcohol at her fans, rofl!
Nov 26, 2022 3:31 PM
Nov 26, 2022 3:36 PM
Jun 2017
Que capitulazo, claramente es cine esta serie
Nov 26, 2022 3:41 PM

Jan 2021
While the typhoon is still ongoing, some of Bocchi's fans and other guests showed up, I'm glad they still found some people for their performance, although the 1st song didn't go as planned and they were offbeat, they still went on with it. Bocchi didn't want to end it there so she went full out rock mode with the 2nd song, all by herself she started playing the guitar and putting the sound in order and then she rocked away and the others followed along, finally the people looked up on the band while not staring at their phones, even the manager was surprised to see such an performance.

After the show the manager treated them to drinks and food, it was all fun while 2 men sat there drinking their lives away and it seemed all depressing, I hope that man will be alright, anyhow Bocchi then decides to go outside and sees Nijika and they talk for a while and after its done Nijika calls Bocchi "Bocchi The Rock", Bocchi ofcourse being surprised and says that she'll do her best to make Kessoku Band big and famous in the future!

What an rocking episode. 🎸
__andre__Nov 26, 2022 3:47 PM
Nov 26, 2022 3:43 PM

May 2019
is that blue monarch pedal bocchi use at second song ? awesome
Nov 26, 2022 4:13 PM
May 2011
Whoa. The band is struggling due to nerves, and it's the character with crippling social anxiety that steps up and pulls them through!?! I am shocked. SHOCKED! Well, not that shocked
Nov 26, 2022 4:21 PM
Jan 2022
Bocchi The rock!!!!
Nov 26, 2022 4:29 PM
Apr 2021
Bocchi really overcame her anxiety for moments and rocked like a real rockstar!
Great character development and i hope that future songs and episode will bang like this one.

(i dreamed of this anime for some reason)
Nov 26, 2022 4:31 PM
Jul 2021
SHE SAID THE LINE! BOCCHI THE ROCK!
Nov 26, 2022 4:59 PM

Jan 2019
this show is such a roller coaster lol
can go from wholesome to depressive in a matter of seconds, to being cute and funny again

it was great to see bocchi muster the courage to make sure they werent gonna flop hard during the live concert

they really conveyed well how much of a wreck they were during the first song with kita-chan's voice being a bit shakey and how they didnt seem to be in sync.
Nov 26, 2022 5:00 PM
Sep 2022
You gotta love it when they be saying the anime title. Let's goo! Bocchi The Cock!!
Nov 26, 2022 5:01 PM
Nov 2021
Bocchi really carried
Nov 26, 2022 5:06 PM
Nov 2022
Animation and song was on point!
Nov 26, 2022 5:08 PM

Aug 2014
What an incredible episode.

Nijika is really the best character isn't she? Her kind is usual the comedic relief but she is so sweet that it really makes her stand out to the point she outshines everyone. Even our MC.

Love the 2 sisters and really loving the anime so far.

Also, she said it!! she said Bocchi The Rock!
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 26, 2022 5:31 PM
Oct 2019
What an amazing episode. Everything is just on point. Easy 10/10.
Nov 26, 2022 5:35 PM
Sep 2021
She said it! She said the title!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2022 5:39 PM

Oct 2021
Neterosimp said:
Badonkers said:
It was a great episode!

Episode: 9/10
Series: 8/10
10/10 AOTY + Ratio 🗿

Ok. I hear you. Noted. I see. Understandable have a nice day.
Nov 26, 2022 6:03 PM
Oct 2020
BOCCHI THE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2022 6:26 PM
Jul 2015
aguante bocchi rock!!!!!
Nov 26, 2022 6:27 PM
Mar 2021
I got goosebumps here (°ー°〃)
Nov 26, 2022 6:33 PM
Sep 2018
Girl was jamming it all, she was so super good. She is the GUITAR QUEEN
Nov 26, 2022 6:36 PM

Feb 2021
Everyone just seems so used to Hitori's random panics lol. Kita's Kit-aura moments were just as hilarious to watch along with her panic attacks too!

I can't believe we are already on the 8th episode. Its going to be over so soon:( I want a second season but I think it would be better in a way if it had one seaon instead.
Nov 26, 2022 6:42 PM
Aug 2022
CINE PURO LA CONCHA DE SU HERMANA
Nov 26, 2022 6:44 PM
Aug 2015
Animation downgrade
Nov 26, 2022 6:59 PM
Aug 2022
One of the best anime episode that I saw In many time
Nov 26, 2022 7:03 PM

Apr 2021
I like the first song on episode 5, but Bocchi got a little bit character development on this episode and what a great episode and amazing song. I hope they're gonna give us a lot more song.
My Candies:
Nov 26, 2022 7:03 PM

Aug 2020
Holy shit when bocchi went off on her own mid concert I got goosebumps, and then the rest of the band followed that wave and went off, had the whole club turnt.

That bit at the beginning of that whole sequence when it cut to the purple hair drunk chick and she smirked and the bocchi proceeded to go off sent a chill down my spine🤩💥
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Nov 26, 2022 7:15 PM

Nov 2022
Loved it!

What's not to love?? In many ways the finale feels closer than it really is. Bocchi and the gang have come so far in these eight eps. This was a huge high point for the season, no doubt about it, setting the build-up to the end. Not gonna lie, I look back to the first episode, my impressions and expectations, and I have to admit I did not expect to be so pleasantly surprised by this series. Yet another reminder to give future anime a chance despite knee-jerk first impressions.
Nov 26, 2022 7:16 PM

Apr 2020
woah this episode is amazing. I literally cried and laughed at the same time.
Nov 26, 2022 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
That audience DID NOT DESERVE THEM!! Except for those two girls who were actually paying attention and not just on their phones pretending to be cool. Love how supportive they are! One day, when Kessoku Band makes it big, those girls can say they were their first #1 fans!

Victii said:
Holy shit when bocchi went off on her own mid concert I got goosebumps, and then the rest of the band followed that wave and went off, had the whole club turnt.

That bit at the beginning of that whole sequence when it cut to the purple hair drunk chick and she smirked and the bocchi proceeded to go off sent a chill down my spine🤩💥

I agree! My jaw actually dropped!

I enjoy seeing Hitori's growth. It would be cringy if she stayed the same as she was in the first episode forever, but that's not the case. She still has her moments where she dissociates and goes off in her own head, but she's really making an effort to come out of her shell. I love that for her!! This is well-written character development. And also, it's good that the other girls accept her the way she is even though she's a super anxious person.

Man, though, those salarymen's conversation in the izakaya... I thought they weren't actually there and that was just a figment of Bocchi's imagination. That was so sad lol

Btw, in Japan do they not check that everyone seated at the table is old enough to drink? This week's episode of Chainsaw Man was making me wonder the same thing lol
Nov 26, 2022 7:27 PM
Jul 2022
This one was really damn good. The animation and sound in this show has always been great, but the concert scene especially was nailed.
Nov 26, 2022 7:28 PM

Apr 2017
I LOVE BOCCHI, I LOVE THE REFERENCES, I LOVE THE HYPE, I LOVE THE MUSIC, I LOVE THISSSSSS, BOCCHI THE GOD!!!!!
Nov 26, 2022 7:46 PM
Feb 2021
I love Bocchi The Rock, bes anime of the year.
Nov 26, 2022 7:55 PM
May 2021
this is the greatest anime ever
Nov 26, 2022 8:05 PM

Jul 2014
How the fck is a SoL CGDCT doing this to me, this ep is by far the best in terms of story telling and directing by far, I felt bad for them at first cause they were botching the hell out of their first song and those 2 girls saying “knew we shouldnt have come early” I swear if Bocchi didnt snap they would have fumbled hard.
Its amazing how you know Bocchi’s character is this shy girl who fckin stepped forward and owned the show with her solo play, you cant just help but feel proud for her, it is so fun seeing her character develop slowly and break out of her shell. The animators really went ham with Bocchi’s movements, every nook and cranny of her performance from the moment she snapped and solo played until the last part of their 2nd song showed so much emotion, Nijika’s sister having that big ass smug on her face like “yeah, those are my girls right there”

Nijika’s backstory and her actual dream being revealed lowkey made me emotional, and she just killed me the moment she told Bocchi she’s “guitarhero” and that whenever they were in a pinch she suddenly breaks in and saves them like an actual “hero”, which she truly was in this ep, she rocked on and was the band’s hero.
And that Nijika title drop! If MP100S3 wasnt airing this year, this would have been an easy AOTY and EOTY for me.
Lets go Bocchi!! You truly are the main star of this series!! Show us more of your Rock!
BOCCHI!! YOU ROCK!!
BOCCHI THE ROCK!!!!!!

Nov 26, 2022 8:20 PM
Mar 2018
BTR really goes deep into the characters and problems faced when you're part of a band, introverted pessimistic thoughts and irl problems that most people face.
Nov 26, 2022 8:20 PM
Apr 2021
Goood maravilloso magnífico espléndido
Nov 26, 2022 8:29 PM

Mar 2017
SHE SAID THE THING OMGGGG
Nov 26, 2022 8:45 PM

Apr 2014
Can't get enough of it! Everything has been on point. The humour, the drama, the soundtrack, the characters. This episode was amazing and as soon as I watch one episode I'm already starving for more.
Nov 26, 2022 8:49 PM

Apr 2018
SukiAni27 said:
m3ccaryn said:
Hah, there was reference to Ashita no Joe!

Love it.

Lmao. I also felt like i've seen this scene somewhere 🤣
Blend S has it too.
Nov 26, 2022 8:58 PM
Aug 2021
I feel like very few people can appreciate the love with which this series was made. The animation during live-playing is an absolute bonkers, out-of-this-world, unprecedented high-quality level of production. Nothing else in the industry comes close to how well made those sequences were. Every note is played on time and on point, with a level of accuracy you just don't see in animation because most of the time is isn't perceived as worth it and most fans can't even tell the difference anyways. Spectacular energy with even more outstanding class and taste.

BTR never ceases to amaze me. I had to replay this episode on a loop 6 times in a row because of how much attention to detail the studio put into it. And it wasn't only the playing; every glance, every non-verbal cue drawn into a frame, the camera angles, the editing, the post-production FX, the bloody compositing...

I am literally watching every single series coming out this season and, as much as I like the chainsaw dude for it's vibes and whatever is going on with Mob and the Spies, this episode of Bocchi has put this series at the top of my list for everything coming out right now, bar none. This, along the Maid massacre series, are the only things that I actually can't wait to watch throughout the week and the only ones I get excited for.

Truly a work of love and passion that seeps in raw forme into the final product to shape a honest and earnest love letter to both anime and music.

Fantastic. I love this. I effin love this.
Nov 26, 2022 9:02 PM
Dec 2020
And I thought the show can't get any better after ep5, man how wrong I was.The voiceacting, animation and direction was great as always, plus the title drop at the end was so so well placed, this episode just solidifies BTR as my anime of the year.
Nov 26, 2022 9:08 PM
Aug 2021
they said the thing! (the title)
Nov 26, 2022 9:25 PM
Sep 2021
By far, the best episode of the series. Aside from comedy genre we get weeks by weeks, ep8 is like a pivot point of BTR, the performance, the sharing from Nijika, the determination of Bocchi, it's just simply touching.

BEST OF THE SEASON!!! LET'S GO BTR!!!!!
Nov 26, 2022 9:33 PM

Jul 2021
easily the best episode till now. freaking amazing.

it made me so happy to see bocchi's fans and the drunk girl come for bocchi.

this was a very emotionally powerful episode for me. i cried once and was in tears 2 times during this episode.

bocchi was amaing during that second song. seeing her everyone else started feeling confident too and the song came out great so did the concert at the end.

the kit-aura part got me.

kita's name though haha, the oun really got me.

that was quite an unexpected drop that nijika found out about bocchi. nijika seemed pretty cool about it, i wonder how the rest of them will react to the news. nijika's backstory and the back story to how STARRY came to be was very nice.

this anime just keeps on getting better. can't wait to watch next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» It made me worried for a second their 😥 😙💨

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Jun 19

12 by Ani_Lover99 »»
Yesterday, 9:55 AM

» Is this show ever getting an English dub?

FrierenSimpKing - Dec 15, 2023

44 by wtdtd »»
Yesterday, 3:00 AM

» More Kessoku Band on The First Take :)

imjayhime - Jun 19

7 by noahpauley24 »»
Yesterday, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

756 by EternalAR58 »»
Jun 20, 8:41 PM

» Kessoku Band on The First Take!!!

Dbagas8 - Jun 7

16 by IMScientist »»
Jun 19, 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.