Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 16, 2022 9:35 PM

Feb 2010
ChaoticAfro said:
one piece does not even come close to bleach.
shows like naruto,bleach,hunter x hunter,yu yu hakusho,fmab,rurouni kenshin are million times better than one piece....
i tried watching one piece 2 times and i just cant get into it. luffy is just too stupid and the friendship plot armor is the same as fairy tail. another show i stopped watching for the exact same reason.
its okay to like one piece but please dont compare one piece to actual decent shows.

Must be nice being a new weeb... after a while you'll end up watching things much worse than One Piece, due to a simple lack of options.

Then again, you're just an alt account, that alone makes me lose all respect for you.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Oct 16, 2022 10:32 PM

Aug 2015
I think it won in the Ulquiorra chapter, but there was Madara and Katakuri who were a good challenge
ElfezenOct 18, 2022 10:33 PM
Oct 16, 2022 10:48 PM

Feb 2008
pretty sure big three was just based on sales not quality but looking back all 3 of them were kinda mid
Oct 17, 2022 12:05 AM

Oct 2022
Pyth79 said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-30/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2016/.109353

I'm talking manga sales per volume per year,
500 000 wasn't top 50 at the time

Was Bleach ever in the 5 on this list? If i remember right every WSJ manga had 5-6 volumes per year back in those days and there were at least 2 with bigger sales (Naruto and One Piece).

Pyth79 said:

Going from 900 000 per volume to 500 000 per volume means 400 000 readers who decided not to read it anymore, you don't go from almost stable sales to constant decline just like that,

It happens all the time. Just look at One Piece it's selling almost 2 times less than it was 6 years ago, same with Detective Conan, if I remember right last One Punch-Man volume was less than 300.000. If Bleach declined from 900.000 to 500.000 in 6 years it's not even that bad.

Pyth79 said:
also Bleach was always at the end of the popularity poll for quite a while before ending.

Are you sure that "place in the magazine = popularity"? Are you chief editor? I personally have hard time believing that manga with sales of 500.000 is outvoted by mangas who sold much less.

Pyth79 said:
Comparing ice taste with continuing a manga series makes no sense, taste would be genre.

Why?

Pyth79 said:
Here we are talking about thousands of people deciding they don't need to see the end of a story anymore, why would they decide that if they still liked it ?

Did you read my answer about Skyrim? I've bought it 10 years after it was out and played only 6 months after that and i loved Oblivion. Why do you think they've decided not to see the end of the story? Maybe, you can say at that point, but they could've still bought it after that. Unless you are planning to die soon you don't need to hurry, series ended anyway and you might've already read it in weekly magazine.
Audaces fortuna juvat.
Oct 17, 2022 12:17 AM

Jul 2017
It’s better than that melodramatic garbage Naruto, but I don’t think any shonen can compete with Oda’s world building and story telling.
Oct 17, 2022 1:21 AM

Oct 2022
Pyth79 said:
Here we are talking about thousands of people deciding they don't need to see the end of a story anymore, why would they decide that if they still liked it ?

And again, i think at the end of Bleach sales were around 84 million and right now it is at least around 120 million. (according to most sources) I think it is more than enough for all latest volumes to reach 900.000. Probably not all of them are old readers who decided to finish Bleach, but still.
Audaces fortuna juvat.
Oct 17, 2022 2:02 AM

Oct 2022
Bleachtard_N1 said:
Pyth79 said:

And again, i think at the end of Bleach sales were around 84 million and right now it is at least around 120 million. (according to most sources) I think it is more than enough for all latest volumes to reach 900.000. Probably not all of them are old readers who decided to finish Bleach, but still.

Wait a second. Now it's no surprise that Kubo haven't drawn a lot since Bleach ended. He sold 36 million copies of Bleach while doing nothing!
Audaces fortuna juvat.
Oct 17, 2022 2:20 AM

Oct 2013
Anime wars in 2022? Really?
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Oct 17, 2022 3:32 AM
May 2021
I think Ichigos theme says it all *starts singing*
Oct 17, 2022 3:41 AM

Feb 2019
swagxmagician said:
MatheusMariz said:

Not even you believe that. LOL
Bleach and Naruto are not even close to OP on absolutely anything, mate. Sorry but it’s just a fact!

Except literally every level they exceed One Piece lmao shit is so bad

So un which bleach and naruto exceed one piece?
World building? Story telling? Characters? Backstory?

In which?

swagxmagician said:
NakatesX said:

Obviously hasnt watched one piece but naruto is def the worst of the big three, it just has more popularity and nostalgia for most. Bleach is number 1 if u skip fillers

Naruto is easily the only good one of the big three. Bleach had a terrible ending and One Piece is boring for 80% of the show. 1000+ episodes with only 3 good arcs is pathetic. Naruto is flawless for 90% of the show. It’s not even close in terms of quality, Naruto is better.

Only 3 arc? Lol
Naruto flawless?

So many horrible opinion
Oct 17, 2022 3:44 AM

Feb 2019
ChaoticAfro said:
one piece does not even come close to bleach.
shows like naruto,bleach,hunter x hunter,yu yu hakusho,fmab,rurouni kenshin are million times better than one piece....
i tried watching one piece 2 times and i just cant get into it. luffy is just too stupid and the friendship plot armor is the same as fairy tail. another show i stopped watching for the exact same reason.
its okay to like one piece but please dont compare one piece to actual decent shows.

Bro did made alt account just to give horrible opinion
Sakuta002766Oct 17, 2022 3:48 AM
Oct 17, 2022 4:43 AM
Jul 2020
The first two arcs of bleach were pretty good, but it just became kinda boring and stupid after that
Oct 17, 2022 4:45 AM
Jul 2020
_IchigoElcric said:
ShamankinguYoh said:
Absolutely not, it is by far the worst, but I do think it deserved to have its anime wrapped up.

By far the worst.๐Ÿ’€ Bleach was much more famous than One piece and Naruto when it was releasing
dude straight up lying lol
Oct 17, 2022 6:36 AM

Oct 2010
Bleach won the war when OP started to suck which is after Marienford. Naruto sucked after Pain arc. Bleach was constant in regards to quality while the other two are unwatchable after a certain point
Oct 17, 2022 7:12 AM
Jan 2018
wolffanghameha said:
_IchigoElcric said:

Brother Bleach was much more popular than One piece and after it ended Naruto shippuden became popular and after that ended one piece started to become Famous only by Tik toks, Ig stories or yr shorts.

Pal, in the US/Canada Bleach and Naruto were more popular like 5-10 years ago, but One Piece was always the most popular in Japan, having entire shops dedicated to its merchandise, higher manga sales and much higher box office sales (Bleach's movies all made between 600 and 800 million yen, OP's movies usually pulled in billions eg Strong World (4.8 billion yen), the Arabasta movie (7 billion yen), Cursed Holy Sword (1.8 billion)).
One Piece was the highest selling manga in France as early as 2015 (total sales: OP 1.35mil copies, Bleach 230K), in 2010 it Naruto had the highest-selling volumes (some volumes had 100K+ sales), but OP was in second (some volumes had 70K+ sales), with Bleach (no volumes with 40K+ sales) being behind Fairy Tail and FMA. In 2005-2010 it was Naruto, which Bleach never being near the top.

Idk about the big markets in Latin America or non-Japan Asia.

Btw what's up with you making an MAL account in Oct 2022 and giving Chainsaw Man (which only has one ep) and Demon Slayer a 1/10 and the new Bleach a 10/10....what's the point in trying to artificially force Bleach to #1, rather than letting the rankings be based on actual popularity?

Bruh fr made fake account just to boost bleach ratings lol. I m pretty sure rn he is probably bitching about how FMAB fans do the same thing on other social media ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Oct 17, 2022 7:23 AM
Jan 2018
petran79 said:
Bleach did the smartest thing. It let Naruto and One Piece fight among themselves and other battle shonen and when OP bubble became ready to burst, it made a powerful comeback.

Kudos to fans for keeping it alive. Naruto and One Piece would have crumbled with such treatment

I really don't think one piece bubble is about to burst as it's still among the top and just surpassed Batman in comics sales of all time, with only Superman a century old character remains better them and top position. Even now it's consistently talked about, trends on social media, sells movie tickets, etc. Sure other new generation manga are surpassing it like KNY, TR, JJK but can you really say it's popularity is on decline when it's still so relevant? Not to mention there are like 300,000 users on Mal that are watching bleach rn, that's like third of og Bleach and even that is less than one piece, don't count your chicken before it hatch. I hope it has a behemoth of success and shows new generation fan why 2000s was known as the era of big 3. But let's calm down about competing amongst others of big 3.

Also you know why one piece anime never stopped? Because it's been a success for Toei throughout and people love its manga more Than it's anime so I don't think it would've crumbled or even Naruto as for that matter, i mean just look at boruto anime shit is mostly filler made by anime staff and people are still eating it up, you know why? Because it's Naruto's next generation, that's the influence big 3 have
S-S-JOct 17, 2022 7:27 AM
Oct 17, 2022 7:28 AM

Oct 2012
There was never no big 3 war lol

Most people of that generation grew up with at least 2 of these manga if not all 3. Personally never watched Naruto but always loved One Piece and Bleach
Oct 17, 2022 7:29 AM

Sep 2020
MatheusMariz said:
swagxmagician said:

Punk Hazard actually was a pointless filler arc. Every arc you just said was average at best or bad. Sorry you have wrong opinions on bad anime

Punk Hazard was a pointless arc? hahaha
This is literally one of the most important arcs of New World since Luffy and the crew met Momonosuke and Kinemom that were essential to defeat Kaidou and Orochi.

I got it! You really doesn’t understand anything about this anime/manga. Have you even watched?

And please, elaborate to say why those arcs that I mentioned are “average at best or just bad”.
I doubt that you have any good argument about it.
no point trying to reason with people like these. Bleach twerkers saying One piece has lots of filler will never not be funny.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Oct 17, 2022 7:56 AM
Mar 2021
nope not at all (character limit)
Oct 17, 2022 7:59 AM
Mar 2021
the number one airing rn on this site is one piece lol so definitely not
Oct 17, 2022 8:44 AM

Aug 2018
animelist6942069 said:
the number one airing rn on this site is one piece lol so definitely not

i mean ofc one piece is still gonna be top its literally be going on since '99, bleach's hype had died down for an entire decade

Oct 17, 2022 9:04 AM
Sep 2021
Dragevard said:
Bleach never got the chance to shine since it got shafted at the midst of its original anime run. But now that it has come back out from the shadows. As if it is its destiny. Now, everyone wants a piece of hype. From the show MAL all adore. Do you feel it's number one, winner of the Big 3 War?

I think so. Even when it was airing alongside Naruto and One Piece, it stood out and continued to be one of a kind. This was the grudgy, edgy, little to no filler, anime that made my childhood so memorable๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ
Beyond happy to see it return to its proper place on the big screen
Oct 17, 2022 9:49 AM

Feb 2019
Catalano said:
Bleach won the war when OP started to suck which is after Marienford. Naruto sucked after Pain arc. Bleach was constant in regards to quality while the other two are unwatchable after a certain point

Saw many horrible opinion on this thread and this one is definitely top 3

Op never started to suck and never will.
Oct 17, 2022 9:57 AM

Oct 2010
Sakuta002766 said:
Catalano said:

Saw many horrible opinion on this thread and this one is definitely top 3

Op never started to suck and never will.

the one piece,
the one piece,
the one piece... is real
Oct 17, 2022 9:58 AM

Jan 2019
I don't know which war you're talking about.
But as a Bleach fan I'm pretty happy and satisfied tbh.
Oct 17, 2022 10:19 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked for being a X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

600 by AvroSenpai »»
4 hours ago

» Chad's VA explained his departure from the English cast.

RobertBobert - Nov 3, 2022

37 by Nurguburu »»
Sep 16, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1858 by thejope »»
Sep 15, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2022

272 by avacarrot »»
Aug 26, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 31, 2022

405 by avacarrot »»
Aug 20, 5:26 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.