Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 17, 2009 2:11 PM

Aug 2009
Can't wait to see the preview....

...even though probably a ton of vn fans will complain about it.
Dec 17, 2009 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
iMon said:
OmegaDenmad said:
Normally it's uploaded to the site but not updated on the main page until friday. A direct link should appear sooner or later.

Which site?

The official Umineko anime site.
http://umineko.tv/web/main/index.html
Dec 17, 2009 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
Animefan1929 said:
Denwa said:
Animefan1929 said:

Ok, look stop bitching about the vn fans bitching.
That's all you ever do in these threads.

And what almost all vnfags do in every thread is cry and whine about how DEEN is terrible and how much they absolutely hate this series when they could've just simply drop the series episodes ago. (Don't like it, don't watch it.)

ThreadS? This is probably one of the first threads in this board that I'm actually ranting.

You know I can't help wondering why it's ok for you to call us VNfags and for us not to call you anime only watchers, names.
Darklight0303Dec 17, 2009 3:35 PM
Dec 17, 2009 3:34 PM

Jul 2008
Feka said:
Another shitty episode. Great work DEEN!!

I thought this episode was pretty good. I don't know how they plan to fit everything left into the last episode, but just looking at this episode alone, I thought it was adapted very well.

Also a question: Does Kasumi know the Grimoire is Maria's? Or does she think it is Ange's?
Dec 17, 2009 3:36 PM

Apr 2008
There's no denying this was one of the better adapted episodes. both as far as music goes and the overall feeling. It's just that it throws a monkey wrench in the works for what should be the last episode next week.

That was Kasumi not Kyrie. I don't think she cared
Dec 17, 2009 3:41 PM

Jul 2008
Darklight0303 said:

That was Kasumi not Kyrie.

Sorry I realized that seconds after I posted it XD
Dec 17, 2009 3:43 PM

Apr 2008
well with her having the same VA it can get easy to mix em up :P
Dec 17, 2009 4:03 PM

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Animefan1929 said:
Denwa said:
Animefan1929 said:

Ok, look stop bitching about the vn fans bitching.
That's all you ever do in these threads.

And what almost all vnfags do in every thread is cry and whine about how DEEN is terrible and how much they absolutely hate this series when they could've just simply drop the series episodes ago. (Don't like it, don't watch it.)

ThreadS? This is probably one of the first threads in this board that I'm actually ranting.

You know I can't help wondering why it's ok for you to call us VNfags and for us not to call you anime only watchers, names.

I don't recall saying you can't.
Dec 17, 2009 5:04 PM
Aug 2007
wonder how it will be linked back to epi 26
i mean for now i got with some question
what happend with ange
and will the game resume with battler
where is maria that should be the new beatrice
and what happend to her.

keep thinking about those

my suspicious goes to that they all died
not coming back.

oh well need to wait for next week.

ps. i know some sentence doesn't make sence in what i type >.<
Dec 17, 2009 5:14 PM
Dec 2007
Ange died. She's dead, gone. Presumably got shot by Amakusa. You'll find out what happened with ANGE during the next episode, along with what's going on with Battler, and MARIA.
Dec 17, 2009 5:16 PM

Oct 2009
Animefan1929 said:

I don't recall saying you can't.

There's a very good reason they can't; because it's against the board rules to use excessive profanity, abuse other members by calling them names, and to be a nasty little troll.

Well, that's what the "Report" function is for. Isn't that nice?
Dec 17, 2009 5:20 PM
Mar 2009
Animefan1929 said:
Can't wait to see the preview....

On the contrary, many VN fans love the previews more than the episodes themselves.
Dec 17, 2009 5:43 PM
Mar 2008
I find it amusing that /a/ has been a better place to discuss Umineko than these threads as of lately. Really, 4chan of all places.
Dec 17, 2009 5:48 PM
Jul 2009
Being an anime-only watcher, I really like this anime. And I don't mind visual novel players complaining about scenes getting cut out. I actually enjoy reading what I missed. XD

Anyway, after finishing the anime, I think I might start watching/playing the visual novel. I'm really curious about all of these cool scenes I've been missing out on ^_^
Dec 17, 2009 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
RetroElectro said:
Ange died. She's dead, gone. Presumably got shot by Amakusa.

Ange's casue of death confuses me still, I understand it was most likely Amakusa who killed the men in suits but at what point do most people believe Ange was killed at? What’s the theory behind Amakusa being the one who killed Ange as well?

Sorry I haven't read any of the theories before as I only read the VN quite recently.
Dec 17, 2009 6:30 PM
Dec 2007
PlatinumHawke said:
I find it amusing that /a/ has been a better place to discuss Umineko than these threads as of lately. Really, 4chan of all places.

I wholeheartedly agree. Even though these days, there's isn't that much discussion at all~ but still.

Kasi said:
RetroElectro said:
Ange died. She's dead, gone. Presumably got shot by Amakusa.

Ange's casue of death confuses me still, I understand it was most likely Amakusa who killed the men in suits but at what point do most people believe Ange was killed at? What’s the theory behind Amakusa being the one who killed Ange as well?

Sorry I haven't read any of the theories before as I only read the VN quite recently.

Well, how else could she have died? Considering Kasumi and all her men were completely, irreversibly dead, who else could have shot them, and subsequently, Ange? For all we know, Amakusa could have been under orders from Okonogi to take her down, providing that he was paid handsomely. Or maybe Amakusa didn't shoot her at all. Another theory is that in the struggle, Kasumi did manage to shoot Ange somehow, but she didn't die instantly. The pain was so bad that she started to have those vivid delusions of Mammon and the other Stakes coming to save her. That way, she was able to see Kasumi and her men, and then died herself shortly after. I've seen people say that Ange probably did fall off the hospital building, but there's too much vital information during her journey to dismiss anything.
abandonedaccountDec 17, 2009 6:33 PM
Dec 17, 2009 6:34 PM

Aug 2008
So they weren't trying to treat everything that happened up to the revisit to Rokkenjima as a flashback to her conversation with Bernkastel at the hospital? It felt like they were bookending it precisely for that reason.
Dec 17, 2009 6:38 PM
Mar 2009
PlatinumHawke said:

Because there's literally no anime-only people there to derail threads into anime-only vs. VN readers. I figured because they don't want to be spoiled.
Dec 17, 2009 6:38 PM
Mar 2008
http://media.animate.tv/anime/umineko/umineko_y26_1000k_8dd85.asx

Preview is out. Looking forward to not hearing dir next week!

Edit: Two things of note; one, lol spoilers toward the end -- DEEN is actually finishing the whole thing next episode -- and two, I really feel like getting a hamburger.
PlatinumHawkeDec 17, 2009 6:41 PM
Dec 17, 2009 6:43 PM

Jul 2007
RetroElectro said:
Well, how else could she have died? Considering Kasumi and all her men were completely, irreversibly dead, who else could have shot them, and subsequently, Ange? For all we know, Amakusa could have been under orders from Okonogi to take her down, providing that he was paid handsomely. Or maybe Amakusa didn't shoot her at all. Another theory is that in the struggle, Kasumi did manage to shoot Ange somehow, but she didn't die instantly. The pain was so bad that she started to have those vivid delusions of Mammon and the other Stakes coming to save her. That way, she was able to see Kasumi and her men, and then died herself shortly after. I've seen people say that Ange probably did fall off the hospital building, but there's too much vital information during her journey to dismiss anything.

Thank you very much for explaining that to me.

I had assumed she was shot by Kasumi's men, I don't know how she would have avoided those bullets otherwise, but it seems like a pitiful death. I also felt her miraculous luck from falling down the hospital building was doubtful, but your right, the information was all too important to be dismissed. I'm guessing we'll find out the truth in Chiru eventually.
Dec 17, 2009 6:44 PM

Jun 2008
They finally used Thank You For Being Born.<3

If they use that and dreamenddischarger next week, the episode might not be so bad.

Battler's super long arms look so funny.

Dec 17, 2009 6:48 PM
Mar 2008

Oct 2009
Wow, I obviously can't understand what they are saying, but that looks like it might be the only serious preview they've done. I have to admit that despite how worried I am about next week's pacing, I got kind of emotional watching that. D: And they played 生まれてきてくれてありがとう .. ;_; Has that song actually been played in the anime at all? I don't recall hearing it. I freaking love it. Always makes me want to cry ...
Mar 2009
hirahira said:
If they use that and dreamenddischarger next week, the episode might not be so bad.

It's on the OST, so there's a good chance they might use dreamenddischarger. I don't know about "Thank You For Being Born" though, that's up in the air.
Dec 17, 2009 6:51 PM

Jun 2007
This had to be the gayest episode of the series. No words can describe how horrible it was.

I agree with the people that are thinking the guy with the head band picked off Kasumi and her men. There where numerous hints in this episode leading us to believe that's what happened.

Looks like next episode Beato~ disappears :(. I'm still hoping for a Battler x Beato ending.
Dec 17, 2009 6:53 PM
Dec 2007
No problem, Kasi. Glad I could help.

With the soundtrack, they even had 'mortal stampede', but that hasn't been used once. There's no guarantee 'dreamenddischarger' will play, despite it being on the soundtrack. I don't understand DEEN's logic. Why play tracks like 'suspicion' and 'worldend_dominator' and not have them on the soundtrack, and then never play tracks like 'mortal stampede' and have that on the soundtrack? Ridiculous.
Dec 17, 2009 7:01 PM
Mar 2009
RetroElectro said:
No problem, Kasi. Glad I could help.

With the soundtrack, they even had 'mortal stampede', but that hasn't been used once. There's no guarantee 'dreamenddischarger' will play, despite it being on the soundtrack. I don't understand DEEN's logic. Why play tracks like 'suspicion' and 'worldend_dominator' and not have them on the soundtrack, and then never play tracks like 'mortal stampede' and have that on the soundtrack? Ridiculous.

I don't know, maybe they'll use 'Mortal Stampede' in place of 'エンドレスナイン(リズム付き)' in the last episode? I still hope they use 'dreamenddischarger' though, that must be played.
Dec 17, 2009 7:34 PM

Jan 2009
hirahira said:

There is an obvious explanation: Showing that would spoil what's happening completely for the viewers of the preview. Don't forget that it's a transcript of what they say.

There is a difference between cryptic events and the exact script of the scene shown. XD
Dec 17, 2009 7:34 PM

Nov 2008
hirahira said:

hang in there Hira, ^-^
Dec 17, 2009 7:56 PM
Mar 2008
Half of us have already gotten a good head start on that part.
Dec 17, 2009 8:24 PM
Mar 2009
Youtube version preview of Episode 26

Dec 17, 2009 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
I thought it was boring. I didn't care for the episode at all. These last few episodes pretty much seal the deal in me not giving this anime anything over an 8.
Dec 18, 2009 12:18 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Alright, one more episode.

Dec 18, 2009 12:40 AM

Oct 2008
I will keep my expectation as low as possible; I won't rage if it tuns into a trainwreck and if DEEN manages to make a decent ending, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Dec 18, 2009 3:03 AM

Apr 2008
Hmmm not sure what to expect of the entire episode though I must admit I loved the ending of the preview >_>. Still keeping my expectations low though
Dec 18, 2009 3:04 AM

Nov 2007
hirahira said:
They finally used Thank You For Being Born.<3
YES YES YES~

One of my favourite tracks.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 18, 2009 3:05 AM

Apr 2008
No signs of the ???? teaparty either. Guess they'll axe that in favor of the Battler VS Beato scene *sigh* though I guess that's the only way that scene will turn out good enough.
Dec 18, 2009 3:23 AM

Oct 2008
Darklight0303 said:
No signs of the ???? teaparty either.

That's worrisome, Lambdadelta gives a lot valuable informations in red for all the 4 games during the hidden tea party. Well, wait and see.
Dec 18, 2009 3:40 AM

Apr 2008
dioptase said:
Darklight0303 said:
No signs of the ???? teaparty either.

That's worrisome, Lambdadelta gives a lot valuable informations in red for all the 4 games during the hidden tea party. Well, wait and see.

That's an understatement XDDDD. My jaw dropped when she started shooting off all that Red O_O
Dec 18, 2009 4:56 AM
Dec 2007
I don't see any blue stakes in that preview.
Dec 18, 2009 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
Could anyone tell me what the song's called when Eva-Beato and Kasumi start bashing Ange?
Thanks in advance!
Dec 18, 2009 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
RetroElectro said:

You're right.....*expectations dropping even more*
Dec 18, 2009 7:41 AM

Apr 2008
woo .. thats some bloody episode x-x

Dec 18, 2009 9:31 AM

Oct 2009
DeathfireD said:
This had to be the gayest episode of the series. No words can describe how horrible it was.
But all the words can describe how epic Eva was to have that bloody face of her to be seen....not to mention Eva Beatrice come back that my friend vinesage wanted to badly.....

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 18, 2009 9:49 AM
May 2008
I haven't "played" the VN, but can already tell that I'm going to be a bit disappointed by the ending. It just feels as if there will be a clusterfuck of information in a single episode... hopefully it can be pulled off.

Judging from all the complaints from VN fans, I guess it doesn't look too good for a well paced/deliberated ending.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 18, 2009 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
Darklight0303 said:
RetroElectro said:

You're right.....*expectations dropping even more*

yes I noticed that myself , and asked "where are the blue stakes.. they make up Ange using a glock but cant put in battlers blue truth stakes.." ah well at least you had expectations mine were gone by 25 we can hope they just didnt show it... .....
Dec 18, 2009 10:23 AM

Oct 2008
sirwence said:

yes I noticed that myself , and asked "where are the blue stakes.. they make up Ange using a glock but cant put in battlers blue truth stakes.." ah well at least you had expectations mine were gone by 25 we can hope they just didnt show it... .....

That's because DEEN is incompetent

Ahaha.wav
Dec 18, 2009 10:54 AM

Nov 2007
PsychFreak said:
Youtube version preview of Episode 26

why ar the previews always have the best music!? ;__;

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/umineko-no-naku-koro-ni-25-see-you-in-hell/
late but oh well...
Dec 18, 2009 12:02 PM

Oct 2009
Haters don't know bout my Umineko. I don't think I want it to end regardless of how it ends. I'm reading the VN alongside the anime, and... I agree, while they leave out things? It's still good.

This episode made me sad, especially since it's so close to being over. I don't want it to end.
Dec 18, 2009 1:25 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
But all the words can describe how epic Eva was to have that bloody face of her to be seen....not to mention Eva Beatrice come back that my friend vinesage wanted to badly.....
yeah, but it wasnt as fun as I would have thought...I need more of her crazy magic!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.