Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 1, 2022 12:57 PM
May 2019
toxic af but we stan that ๐Ÿค—
Sep 1, 2022 2:20 PM
Jun 2021
TovarishTony said:
They picked the wrong romance light novel right there. Yume have to be a sickly girl if she wants to be like Sakura from KimiSui. I would personally recommend for both Mizuto and Yume to read the Oregairu LNs and see how Hachiman goes through this.

That stupidity the entire episode like might as well change the title to "Irido-kun and Ayai-chan can't communicate". I can't believe I have to use this infamous quote in this case... Do you guys have phones??? Sure they do have but man use it the way it's meant to use it. Simple communication could've fixed this problem instead of waiting for months doing nothing instead of trying to talk and fix the issue themselves.

This is just painful to watch at the same time, was actually laughing on how stupid those two are. Higashira is the best girl on this show hands down!

Believe me pal, it is really easy to say then accomplishing it

Relationships are complicated af and sometimes these things just push you even away from the thinking of finding a better solution and they were still middle schoolers and relationships aren't easy even for the adults so it does make sense

It is painful but it is what it is
Sep 1, 2022 2:34 PM
Jun 2021
Literally the best episode so far

This episode clearly depicted the relationship problems which is actually being faced by many Youths these days, not only the middle schoolers but even the adults have to go through this phase when they act over possesive, and I could actually feel Irido even more as I had done that in the past which lead to my break up

The dialogues were just too good, the memories of their beautiful but heart breaking past & that feeling of regret after not taking a wise decision & thinking about how things could have turned out if they wouldn't have taken that decision............

That "Kimi no Suizo wo tabetai" book </3 (the most beautiful thing I have ever watched in my life)

But why The Metamorphosis (โ—__โ—)............

Overall, This episode did a great job, a deserving 5/5

Unpopular Opinion: It is better than "Shikimori's not just a cutie"

It wasn't overhyped and it is actually going far better than that boring show except the title and the scenarios
Sep 1, 2022 2:45 PM
Jul 2022
BRO THIS WAS GENUINELY SO GOOD. As someone who has gone through Yume’s side of this type of breakup, it really made me reflect on how the other person felt and what I could’ve done differently. I’m so annoyed because this show is so great when it has moments like these but then it has stuff like the last few episodes which are pointless meaningless filler which taints the image of the whole show, even tho it truely is something unique and special. Like genuinely how many other animes do you know that realistically deal with the aftermath of a breakup.
Sep 1, 2022 6:55 PM
Dec 2020
Muita repetição de roteiro, cenas, parece que falta conteúdo e estão repetindo
Sep 1, 2022 6:58 PM
Mar 2018
Such a good Episode one of the best ones, the misunderstanding though Mizuto is jealous and mad because Yume didn't spend her time with Him anymore and I like how Mizuto as a man admits his mistake for his wrongdoing and apologizes to her, unfortunately that day before he apologizes to Yume, she saw Mizuto with some random girl sitting next to him even though Yume knows there's nothing going on between them but she's just too thickheaded and blames Mizuto for cheating that leads to both of them ignoring each other. One day both of them accidentally meet in a public library and once again it's Mizuto that asks for make-up and expects her to apologize too for blatantly accusing him of cheating, his expectation was to no avail which leads to their breakup. In conclusion, it's Yume's Fault that made them break up.
Sep 1, 2022 8:03 PM

Sep 2020
Interesting episode!.. Although Yume and Mizuto could have cleared things out when they were in middle school while they were still dating. I get it tho at that age they aren't at that fully matured state of mind and aren't able to process problems properly. They also can't deliver their points right to both of their misunderstandings in order for them to come to a resolution. If they did get their act together, I'm sure they would still be a couple. I thought this series would be an average romcom but now i'm having my hopes up and hopefully that won't be the downfall of me lol. Overall, I'm actually interested in wanting more of this series because of this episode now that we know what happened in their past.
Yasuto06Sep 1, 2022 8:06 PM
Sep 1, 2022 8:10 PM

Apr 2016
This is probably my favorite episode. A very good backstory about how their romantic relationship during middle school. It's cute, sad, and really relatable. Hope they can be a couple again. Maybe?
Sep 1, 2022 9:13 PM
Aug 2013
Also I can't tell if everyone is making the same bad joke, or everyone actually thinks that MC is reading the Metamorphosis hentai instead of the classic work by Kafka.
Sep 1, 2022 10:15 PM
Feb 2022
just a pointless boring drama.
Sep 1, 2022 10:35 PM
Apr 2016
Zerity said:
this whole ep can be summed up in one word
women โ˜•๏ธ
Yeah, pretty much.
Sep 1, 2022 10:39 PM

Jan 2020
TaxemicSpark said:
Is it just me or is Yume the one who is mainly at fault, as she expects Mizuto to do everything while making no effort herself

What you’re saying is a fact, but many people will want to put the blame on him for being jealous that she made friends and that he was salty about. He apologized to her for that yet she didn’t apologize for doing something far worse by accusing him of cheating. Then she just expected things to work out without having the decency to try and apologize for what she did even though he apologized twice. Similar to what someone mentioned in another thread, if an adult in a relationship pulled off something like this, they would be considered somewhat of an a-hole for this behaviour.
Sep 1, 2022 10:40 PM

Jan 2020
TovarishTony said:
They picked the wrong romance light novel right there. Yume have to be a sickly girl if she wants to be like Sakura from KimiSui. I would personally recommend for both Mizuto and Yume to read the Oregairu LNs and see how Hachiman goes through this.

That stupidity the entire episode like might as well change the title to "Irido-kun and Ayai-chan can't communicate". I can't believe I have to use this infamous quote in this case... Do you guys have phones??? Sure they do have but man use it the way it's meant to use it. Simple communication could've fixed this problem instead of waiting for months doing nothing instead of trying to talk and fix the issue themselves.

This is just painful to watch at the same time, was actually laughing on how stupid those two are. Higashira is the best girl on this show hands down!

It’s too bad Higashira got rejected by him. She’s a much better fit for him now imo
Sep 1, 2022 11:31 PM

Jan 2018
Both Yume and Mizuto were equally at fault for their breakup. Makes sense.
SGCS said:
NO IRIDO-KUN STOP READING THAT (if you know, you know)

Piromysl said:
WTF is he reading?! :O

The Metamorphosis is a 1915 German novel by Franz Kafka about a salesman who turns into a giant insect. Sounds terrifying.

0451Sep 1, 2022 11:38 PM
Sep 2, 2022 1:56 AM

May 2020
meliesearth said:
If I watchig this as teenager I would be annoying af. But looking this from adult view, it kinda expect though, that's how teenager and immature middle schooler would act. I probably didn't do it any better if I was in their shoe.

they dated for more than 6 months, yume at least should know that irido is not that type of dude . Even if they are immature or whatever, they must know that they should at least be honest abt their relationship
Sep 2, 2022 2:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally Mizuto and Yume's backstory for when they were going out together during middle school, and of course they broke up because of silly problems of middle school-ish jealousy crisis etc, well at least they can be happy they live in the same house now xD
Sep 2, 2022 6:34 AM
Sep 2021
It was a nice episode, we finally got the backstory of Yume and irido their love story, and it's breakup. I hope they get along in the future, satisfied finally after getting their backstory.

I give this episode 7/10.
Sep 2, 2022 7:06 AM

Jul 2017
Jocacarvalho said:

i would agree but generally this episode was realistic imo. Some dumb misunderstandings on both parts but the women takes it more seriously and acts harsher leading to the break up.
Sep 2, 2022 7:54 AM

Oct 2008
the couples' innocence last test for a very short while...it was short lived.
mediocre back story...
3/5.

Sep 2, 2022 4:55 PM
Apr 2019
Big filler episode that felt kind of like a waste. However I hope that means the final 3 will not have any flashbacks and that will have made ep9 worth it.
Sep 2, 2022 5:57 PM
May 2016
Is nobody gonna talk about what “metamorphosis” he was reading alone in the library?
Sep 2, 2022 10:17 PM

Dec 2017
This backstory felt very real to me.
Was a bit frustrated that Yume didn't even apologize but it seems like she has matured in the present, so that's hopeful.
Also, I must say the direction of this anime is impressing me, pretty good.
SunLEDSep 2, 2022 10:26 PM
Sep 2, 2022 11:13 PM

Sep 2015
Let it be known that Mizuto made the first move of apologizing on something he didn't do... And Yume never said anything... Ever... For months... The ball was on her side and she never threw even a message...

Is *this* the toxic AF thing you "have in your heart" instead of Higashira, boy? Really?

Score: 7 to 6; they fought because they didn't have sex at 14-15, man, this is really going downhill.
The Armored Architect Vampire Archivist Lawful Chronomancer Evoker Paladin Collector Arbiter Ranger.

Sep 3, 2022 12:22 AM
Feb 2022
Flash back............................................
Sep 3, 2022 12:40 AM
Feb 2021
I liked how they finally showed us an important memory from their past
Sep 3, 2022 12:51 AM
Mar 2020
why does it took 9 fucking episode to get to the best part. Like whats with all those bullshit friends and needless fight. cant they just put the flashback in ep 3 . now all the normies already stopped watching and missed this damn good episode
Sep 3, 2022 5:27 AM
Nov 2018
Best episode so far. Also, this episode beats many romance anime in terms of realism in relationship. They might be teenagers but this can happen to anyone.
Sep 3, 2022 3:58 PM

May 2020
Zerity said:
Jocacarvalho said:

i would agree but generally this episode was realistic imo. Some dumb misunderstandings on both parts but the women takes it more seriously and acts harsher leading to the break up.

Thats a retarded misunderstood. Yume know this dude for 6 mths. Thats should indicate shes somewhat know what type of dude irido is, so to accuse of him cheating is hella rerarded. All of this is basically ego
Sep 4, 2022 12:59 AM
Sep 2022
Nice anime loved it
Sep 4, 2022 1:06 AM
Sep 2022
Nice anime loved it
Wish it will have another season
Sep 4, 2022 10:20 AM
Jul 2017
Gave the awkward backstory/flashback of their previous relationship...
Sep 4, 2022 11:02 AM
May 2019
Heartbreaking and beautiful episode!!!
Sep 4, 2022 12:47 PM
Oct 2017
De los mejores capitulos, una visión del pasado de los protagonistas. Y una problemática muy común en las relaciones.
Sep 4, 2022 1:27 PM
May 2022
i can relate with the thoughts of the two
Sep 4, 2022 5:25 PM

Apr 2013
Seriously, she messed up so much.

.·:*¨ ้‡้€ข็š„ๆ—ถไปฃ - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐ŸŽ:๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿ‘:๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Sep 4, 2022 10:49 PM

Feb 2012
So Mizuto apologized twice and Yume didn't apologize even once for the false accusation? Then expected him to do everything and contact her.
My guy just go for Isana, Yume is not worth it.
Sep 5, 2022 12:19 PM
Apr 2021
it was pretty good made alot of progress
Sep 5, 2022 1:47 PM
Mar 2021
For y’all noobies in that whole real life romance thing, this is a prime example of don’t let your ego take over, just be the bigger man or women and ask her/him out to get the shitty misunderstanding over with use communication and be happy.

That episode def brought some infuriating memories, it’s all good tho
Sep 5, 2022 11:34 PM

Apr 2016
Imagine if they actually did it that day but still ended up in the situation they're currently in as step-siblings. How awkward would that be?
Sep 5, 2022 11:57 PM

Jun 2016
I fucking love this episode. It gave us more in-depth explanation on why they broke up. It also shows us viewers how close their situation is to reality. Those kinds of things and arguments actually happens. It really depends on either of them on how they handle those kinds of situation. I personally think it's not a bad thing that they broke up, they both matured and improved mentally. Like Irido said, "It's not an end of a relationship, it's a liberation"
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Sep 6, 2022 1:03 AM
Jul 2017
Aesethyr said:
So basically they broke up due to jealousy and trust issues then proceeded to ghost each other. Dafaq, so straight realistic ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Finally we get that sole episode about their own past relationship & despite Yume being a wild girl, she is tame.

"I want to eat your pancreas" - I loved that film kinda cliche but I loved that. NICE

Saw this comment on a website too ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Amazing episode felt so realistic tbh.
Sep 7, 2022 5:28 AM
Jul 2017
Un poco aburrido la verdad, si que han contado un poco de su pasado pero meh, yo quería ver a los personajes actuales.
Han ampliado un poco el conocimiento que tenemos sobre su pasado pero para mi gusto podría haber sido solo medio ep y ya.
OtakuDeprimido

Sep 7, 2022 9:41 AM

Feb 2020
Wow! So, we've got some backstory on the two of them, finally. Frankly, the reason for them breaking up in the first place seems awfully mature.

I can absolutely not blame Mizuto for it. Been there myself, at a time. And he's also right that it's not the end of a relationship - but LIBERATION, BABY!!!
Sep 7, 2022 3:25 PM
Mar 2017
I was getting somewhat tired of the anime, but this episode brought back the past relationship and explained how it went, and I'm gonna give props to the author for nailing the feelings just like relationships happen irl, the close moments, the weird ones, even the feelings of jealousy, which can be out of character for the person feeling it... Maybe I'll watch the whole season because of this episode.
Sep 8, 2022 12:26 PM
Jul 2010
I was very pleasantly surprised. I was not expecting such a mature episode, going through each character's experiences and their thoughts on what had happened.
Sep 11, 2022 5:32 AM

Jun 2020
A backstory episode now things are progressing as I've thought of, Into some deep roots too

Jealousy and trust how straightforward of a reason thought there was a bit more drama but this is like the most drama we can get

Is that what I think Mizuto is reading the timing, But I'm glad one thing is Yume didn't get what she expected and this makes it more believable that this is the sole reason they broke up.
Sep 13, 2022 2:36 AM

Apr 2020
cant help but see only yume to be blamed here
she even didnt try to apologize even onces
sucha bitch
Sep 13, 2022 6:27 PM
Aug 2018
Probably the best episode so far.
It's so good when the annoying side characters (except the green haired girl) aren't involved.
Sep 13, 2022 10:11 PM
Nov 2021
The entire rest of this show was dogshit terrible, however, the unexpectedness of their past relationship development from the garbage was the rest of the show was very appreciated. What caught me the most of the metaphor of the bug that kept appearing throughout the episode, culminating in Mizuoto reading "Metamorphosis," representing their relationship was becoming less and less real.
Sep 14, 2022 10:59 AM
Dec 2021
Haha I absolutely loooove this series, it's so sweet.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2022

78 by mjericho24 »»
Sep 6, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

199 by yohann2061 »»
Sep 4, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

113 by Erogamerss »»
Aug 27, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2022

157 by mxgk »»
Aug 15, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

104 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 19, 11:06 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.