Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 12, 2022 3:40 PM
Mar 2022
animation was shit, pacing was pretty fast and even the dialogues seem kinda weird. I expected way more tbh...
Jul 12, 2022 5:48 PM
May 2017
Yeah, pretty boring and the art direction is lazy. Like that part where Ayanokoji is eavesdropping and the several cuts to him had no variation and were just a panning shot across his face with no input from him. I really want this show to be a good representation of the light novel because the light novel is rated very highly but I don't feel like reading it lol. Looks like that's not happening this season either though.
Jul 12, 2022 6:06 PM
Jul 12, 2022 8:02 PM

Jan 2021
The characters and overall story is still pretty good, but the animation/art this week was really wonky; in some frames there are even some misaligned eyes. I can't remember if it was wonky is season 1, or even last episode for that matter, but I hope it picks up as we go because the story is still intriguing.

Jul 12, 2022 8:16 PM
Apr 2021
Can't wait to see what happens to those three girls.
Jul 13, 2022 1:35 AM

Aug 2011
Man Ayanokouji, Kiyotaka reaction when she's getting picked on is hilarious.
Jul 13, 2022 1:52 AM
Sep 2020
Imagine bullying someone just because that person bumps into your friend once?? I know there’s trashy people like that irl but seriously though? This looks ridiculous in the anime
Jul 13, 2022 2:03 AM
Oct 2019
davidyodo24 said:
wtf Kushida doing that?

the reveal, Karuizawa and Hirata was pretending dating this whole time..

Karuizawa got bullied
Ayanokouji: WOW
lmao

من kushida did that to give time for ryuuen to leave, you can hear a door closing at the scene.
Jul 13, 2022 6:21 AM

Oct 2008
wooohohooow! the hell is this episode so BORING!!!
1/5.

Jul 13, 2022 7:27 AM
Jul 2022
Tbh, waiting to Kiyotaka manipulate Kei.
Jul 13, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2015
What a vicious little group
Jul 13, 2022 4:42 PM

Aug 2014
how bad was that push to demand this much bullying?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 14, 2022 1:30 AM
Aug 2018
Im not gonna lied but i got bored because of this episodes animation and yet the Mc didnt do anything at all not even helping Kei so yeah his gonna wait until he satisfied 😒😒😒
Jul 15, 2022 9:32 AM

Aug 2020
The music once again is on point . The op and the ed are a bop to listen to as well . Didnt really feel like the ep itself has any significant progress tbh
But holy God is this show MELTING . The schedule must be horrendous for a show to breakdown this badly in just the 2nd ep .
We have gotten the return of long awaited sequels for good shows , but at some severe cost.
Jul 17, 2022 9:32 AM
Aug 2017
I'm curious to see where this is going, but goddamn the animation looks awful. Ayanokouji's eyes and head are so much bigger than in s1, his proportions are really off, I feel..
Jul 18, 2022 7:59 AM

May 2021
Art and animation were seriously off this episode but its all fine since B.G. Kei is being focused on. Speaking of which, Ayano's 'Huh' reaction was kinda hilarious. They haven't changed it from S1.

Jul 19, 2022 4:14 AM

May 2014
astrea__ said:
Imagine bullying someone just because that person bumps into your friend once?? I know there’s trashy people like that irl but seriously though? This looks ridiculous in the anime

Sort of unrealistic for elitist high schoolers to behave recklessly immoral by publicly bullying someone. Although it is encouraged by the structure of the school to follow snobbish elitist culture, bullying schoolmates seems below the standard of the elite class. Bullying is delinquent behavior that goes against the basic standards of morality. Elite schoolmates should recognize the importance of adhering to the basic standards of morality for the sake of keeping a high standard toward their status and reputation.

The premise of the bullying by the girls is just lackluster. They decide to scorn Kei on the basis that she shoved their classmate with zero justification to do so whatsoever. It's pure, nonsense reasoning just so they can hound on Kei. Seems like random background characters were created just so the author can establish victimization towards Kei's character. An illogical confrontation for the sake of bullying characterization is unnecessary. People attending a world-renowned school should know better than to behave so outraged for something so trivial as their classmate being shoved.

It's interesting seeing Kushida get these moment scenes between herself and Ayano. She clearly is interested in him but has been in no rush to settle or start any business regarding her interest in Ayanokouji. I'm always interested in seeing how an author deals with notable, volatile characters and their relationships. A good amount of the author's writing proficiency can be based on how the author deals with Kushida's relationships and personality. Whenever the time comes, I hope the author does not disappoint with regard to building up Kushida's mysterious narrative. Disappointment being underwhelming execution or illogical character writing, etc.

Jul 21, 2022 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
So Karuizawa is just a pretentious bitch, perhaps Ayanokouji was waiting for her to reveal her true self, or it could've been he just wanted those girls to teach her a lesson.

The story is more interesting than the test so far.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 22, 2022 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
Koenji just does whatever he wants 🤣😂
Jul 28, 2022 5:20 AM

Jun 2019
Man... bullying is always hard to watch for some reason. I felt bad for her there. What is Ayanokoji cooking? LOL
Aug 1, 2022 1:42 AM

Aug 2013
Koenji doing whatever he wants was the best part. I want to see more of him.

The three girls doing the bullying are awful. That was hard to watch.

Aug 3, 2022 2:41 AM

Dec 2013
Karuizawa seems like a really unpleasant fake girlfriend. She really is a parasite. Not that those other girls aren't terrible people...
Aug 5, 2022 1:26 AM

Jul 2014
This song fits Karuizawa lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g
Aug 9, 2022 9:08 AM
Sep 2020
What's up with the animation of this episode...
Aug 9, 2022 10:37 AM
Dec 2021
ive been waiting for 5 years to watch it!!!
Aug 12, 2022 8:30 AM
Jul 2022
Magnificent, Very Good
Aug 12, 2022 12:21 PM

Aug 2021
this really got me excited for the following events!
The amount of mystery and things that happen makes me think and review the story from the beginning...

One question, Could Ayanokouji be the one who saved Horikita?
I really don't think that, who's then? Could it be Horikita's brother?

Aaaah, I forgot the soundtracks, SPECIAL !

Aug 23, 2022 5:40 PM
Dec 2018
i hate bully, but in film or anime i love it, that make a story feel strong :)
Aug 27, 2022 8:11 AM
Oct 2020
ayanokoji big brain, kakegurui but with bigger brains
Aug 27, 2022 12:48 PM
Nov 2020
Misogynist Shit

I was so looking forward to it due to the amazing work of season 1 but what the jessus christ is that?

Harem and Ecchi anime might create a big annoyance because of its "girls here only a bare tool to make an average dude shine" thing, but this shit? It's straight-up misogynist, and it even has the gut to romanticize it? Wtf?

I aint fucking care if he just see everyone as a tool cuz he aint behave like it at all, bullying a weak person has already made you a coward, but bullying a weak girl sexually when she's at her lowest? I see nothing but trash.

"See everyone as a simple tool" is a cool concept but his action in this season has nothing to do with it, believe me, i'm villiain stories fan, the dude is such a loser
Sep 14, 2022 8:00 AM

Apr 2011
The bullying continues. Somehow I remember that Kei and that guy wasn't really dating...or was it because I read this part in the LN? Anyway, its a long time ago.

I'm curious what our MC's next move will be.
Sep 16, 2022 1:01 AM
Jul 2022
Love it Very much.. next ep will op🔥
Sep 19, 2022 10:09 AM
May 2021
Diese Animation und das Pacing bitte was ist daaasss?
Sep 24, 2022 7:04 AM
Jul 2022
I love cote s2 i really love ayanokōji
Oct 4, 2022 10:12 AM
Apr 2020
It was good and I enjoyed it
Oct 10, 2022 3:38 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Pretty sure it was just this one episode where the character models were kind of ass, not to mention the rest of the animation in general as a whole; especially those weird walking animations. Maybe the next episode was of similar poor quality, but that's it, I hope.

Hirata was actually supposed to ask Ayanokouji to accompany him when they go to talk with Karuizawa and have their "fake relationship" conversation, as opposed to Ayanokouji just randomly stumbling upon them as we have here. This allows for the relationship between Ayanokouji and Kei to very subtly begin, as while Kei definitely showed some discomfort in allowing Ayanokouji in their conversation, she does open up nonetheless and thus we as an audience know that to her knowledge, Ayanokouji knows about her to quite a significant extent. But we lose all that, and so far at that point, Ayanokouji still remains as next to a nobody in Kei's life. In the end the change doesn't matter TOO much, since the Ayanokouji confronts Hirata later anyway as Karuizawa leaves, and they talk about the bullying in Kei's past and how out of the goodness of his heart, Hirata just wants to protect a victim of bullying.

What's disappointing is, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's around this point where we get Hirata's backstory, and the reveal of why he wants to protect as many victims of bullying as he can. But it's not here in this episode, and if I remember correctly (because I'm sure I would've remembered this), it's not in any of the following episodes either. The anime really kind of does Hirata dirty when he is supposed to be a relatively central figure.

Also nice going how they just blitz through all the discussions. Perhaps they assumed that most viewers might be turned off by the discussions and find them boring, so they saved quite a lot of time in that regard. But having that slideshow there just makes you wonder wtf is that doing there. The only info that we got from that quick slideshow was class A abstaining (do they even ever explain Katsuragi's strategy in getting all of class A to not take part in the discussions?), Kei latching onto Machida (although it's not exactly made clear why she does so, other than maybe she likes him because he saved her in the last episode. Kei is mentioned as a parasite in this episode, but it doesn't really go any further than that. Machida is a Class A student and thus holds some status, and Kei decides to leech off of that to protect her from Manabe and the other Class C girls. It was supposed to deepen Kei's character further, but it kind of comes off as her just randomly hanging out with Machida), and Ichinose playing cards for some reason (her purpose for that failed, but it was smart of her to make an attempt to connect the group together whilst also gaining info on everyone). Ichinose was also done kind of dirty here, when these discussions were supposed to really help establish her strengths as someone with a leadership role.

Don't want to complain too much about all this, but this VIP exam arc was not it. Two more episodes would've been required to cover it adequately enough imo, at LEAST. The sports festival and beyond though, I think were acceptable at the very least actually.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 17, 2022 3:25 AM

Feb 2021
Really hate those bulliers.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 17, 2022 9:55 AM

Dec 2019
Last like 2 mins was good rest was very meh :/
Oct 20, 2022 8:17 AM
Nov 2021
didn't understand anything about the vip's.
Oct 24, 2022 6:14 AM
Sep 2020
The animation was horrible and not what was in S1, S1 had great animation, movement, etc than S2. I like the story but the animation makes me mad when I'm looking.
Nov 3, 2022 10:23 AM

Mar 2010
It is actually quite fun watching someone get bullied and lets not lie about it, she deserved it, if only she wasn't such a blonde bimbo haha

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 3, 2022 6:58 PM

Feb 2014
I don´t remember art from episode 01 being this bad, what the fuck they are doing? I am not someone who easily complain about art/animation, but this was worse than some hentais out there lol

Art/animation aside, I am still waiting for the enjoyment I had when I watched last season... there are still 10 episodes to go though.

Also, still confusing on wtf is going on.
TechOtakuNov 3, 2022 7:14 PM
Nov 13, 2022 11:31 PM
Nov 2022
Great episode, makes you want to keep watching.
Dec 20, 2022 10:56 PM
Aug 2020
Thank god that this anime is finally getting at least somewhat good
Jan 2, 2023 11:07 AM
Mar 2022
bonzão dms esse ep
Mar 12, 2023 8:21 AM

Nov 2010
6:00 Suzune's hair is so nice. I want to touch it too!
I don't mind Kei being a parasite. I'll protect her as long as I get sexual favors in return!
Aug 26, 2023 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
Watching this episode made me really sleepy.
Jan 4, 1:32 PM
Apr 2013
EP 2

I kinda forgor to pay attention to the episode titles. Now ep 2, is the big cliffhang going to be here or ep 3?
Vol 3 did take like five entire episodes, but they really dragged their feet there

Ok wtf thats a cliffhanger bruh
Really bizarre episode, lots of talking, cliffhang as usual to troll us.
I mean to be honest, s1 had lots of talking too but i dunno, it just feels like theere's a ridiculous amount. Or maybe I'm just fatigued from it already, its one thing to watch one episode a week, its another thing to watch the whole season.

Like, I'm so bored, honestly i'm not super happy with the whole thing, i almost never say this but i wish i could watch the anime at 2x speed so they would talk faster
Jan 5, 10:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Why didn´t Ayanokouji stop them?
His last face scared me!
kekeke
Jan 27, 7:34 PM
Apr 2021
I let out a literal gasp when it was revealed that Hirata and Karuizawa were faking dating all along I mean it’s been a whole ass season with them dating only for it to be fake? I’m appalled fr fr😮

Bro Karuizawa acts so unlikable when she’s just on her phone swiping and shit ngl that shit she was doing kinda got me cheesed a lil bit😭 I mean why she gotta act like a complete bitch for?💀

The 3 girls bullying Karuizawa was sad tbh I ain’t like seeing her cry hopelessly like that tbh I wonder what Ayanokoji will do to save her?🧐
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

338 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 31, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2022

452 by Jamflex00 »»
May 26, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2022

205 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2022

291 by Fatephile »»
May 18, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

837 by protozoa-kun »»
May 13, 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.