Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakushigoto: My Dad's Secret Ambition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 30, 2020 8:03 PM

Nov 2015
I've been worried about this for a while looking at the opening how she grows up while her father disappears and now she is all alone at the boxes thing , I really hope he isn't dead , possible he is just hiding himself ? like outside for work or whatever
Apr 30, 2020 8:16 PM

Feb 2019
As usual, a funny and lighthearted comedy... and then a direct hit on the heart at the end. I was already a bit hit when Ami went to Gotou's old house and saw the sign with Daddy's, Mommy's, and Hime's duties. But then Kakushi saying that someday, Hime will find someone who will be Gold to her and he'll become Silver, and he got teary-eyed because he wants to always be Gold.

But nothing beats that last hit at the end. So it wasn't her mom that left the boxes beyond 16. It was Kakushi himself. So that basically confirms that Kakushi isn't around anymore.

This is definitely going to break my heart, isn't it?
Apr 30, 2020 9:02 PM

Aug 2017
my heart skipped a beat on the last scene..
but wait, on the closing credits u will see a car driving away with a doggoo....

uuugghhhh!!!!

Apr 30, 2020 10:16 PM

Jan 2017
Oh god, I had so much laughs this ep, Tomaruin really killed it with his added LOLs and stalking Hime.

But oof, the boxes.
May 1, 2020 12:42 AM

Jun 2015
Why do they always end it with a heartbreaking scene? Why?! Hold still my weak ass heart... T_T
May 1, 2020 1:45 AM

Jul 2014
I hope my boi Goto is fine, don't leave Hime being sad like that T_T
May 1, 2020 3:45 AM

Jan 2015
I can't bring myself to think that Kakushi might be dead. Similar to how you can't believe when a person of full of life irl is dead.
May 1, 2020 5:01 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, they're really pushing this, aren't they? The build up to whatever it is that happens to Kakushi is relatively well done. It's just, do they have enough time to put it in the anime? Isn't this just a single cour?

Also, I just noticed this:
May 1, 2020 5:46 AM
Feb 2019
Tomaruin!!!!!!!
May 1, 2020 6:56 AM
Mar 2019
ah yes were already at the 5th episode, and its an another good 24 minutes of Kakushigoto. But the episode finales are really bothering me, this is a comedy show, so i just hope that both of hime's parents are still alive :pp
I love K-On, and so should you.

May 1, 2020 7:10 AM

Jul 2017
Kakushi sure is pushing his team hard to get their own manga to be noticeable.

And Tomaruin...he sure makes BAD decisions for the dad who doesn't want his daughter to realize his work (that's piling by the day). As if that's not enough, ripping off Kakushi's critiques with laughs (LOL). WHAT DA HECK Tomaruin! Damn hilarious LMFAO (LOL). To add insult to injury, stalking Nadila, with idol Naru and Hime at home, being survelliance(?) sure keeps them at bay (LOL).

And duties, whether from home (to Hime) or work. From dedicating house roles to getting stuck in a hotel just to meet deadlines, and with the crew having a bathrobe party (LOL).

Hime giving her own dad a handmade gold medal, that's a sweet momwnt.

And getting back to present day, the secret of Hime that doesn't go further than 17 years old...what truly are the contents of that box? The cliffhangers always had me worrying a lot.

Otherwise, what a fun episode!
May 1, 2020 7:48 AM
Aug 2009
This series is slowly preparing you for the ultimate destruction of your heart...
I won't be able to handle it. I know it.
May 1, 2020 8:32 AM
May 2020
Think an anime. You must walk edge of funny and sadness.. I cannot tell cries in my heart. I think big picture was shown us in this episode.
May 1, 2020 10:58 AM

Nov 2015
i have the feeling that the mystery behind Gotou will surpise us all idk. best episode of the anime so far. Hime being "home alone" with all these weird individuals was charming as hell.

3/5
May 1, 2020 12:26 PM
May 2019
This is just gold. Pure gold.
May 1, 2020 12:43 PM

Apr 2011
juuzousuzuya002 said:
ah yes were already at the 5th episode, and its an another good 24 minutes of Kakushigoto. But the episode finales are really bothering me, this is a comedy show, so i just hope that both of hime's parents are still alive :pp

It's pretty much a given that her mom's already died. The question is what happens to her father, presumably some time before her 17th birthday.
May 1, 2020 12:54 PM
Jan 2018
Depression slowly starts to kick in
May 1, 2020 5:12 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! i'm really intrigued! what really happened!? so much ominous flags!
another fun episode.
there's so many characters looking out for Hime! which is nice!
5/5.

May 1, 2020 7:34 PM

Jul 2016
Is it just me or was Tomaruin kinda exasperating here? Adding LOLs? Good grief...

Well, so there goes my theory about the mom being the one who left the other boxes. This series is really selling the idea of Kakushi being dead but I still have some doubts about it. Anyways, let's hope we can get more concrete facts sooner rather than later.
May 1, 2020 11:08 PM

Feb 2014
Starting with comic relief and ending with melancholy, this how keeps you on hold everytime. Must protec Hime!

I felt quite teary when Goto had to think of Hime giving her gold favor to her future love and had to settle for what he got rn. Damn this show is gonna break hearts at the end for sure.

Also Tomruin must be leashed. He's too much of a loose cannon.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 1, 2020 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
Now I know why his name is TomaRUIN. He's making things difficult for Goto and thinking with the wrong head, instead of watching over Hime, he stalked Nadila. Good thing Nadila and idol girl spent the night watching over Hime-chan.

That ending though. Like everyone is saying, it seems like Goto-sensei passes away at some point during Hime-chan's teenage years.

Also, I think they're going to get a puppy soon. The puppy we see in the OP and ED will probably make its debut soon. I haven't read the manga btw, I'm just guessing because Hime-chan mentioned she wanted a puppy while they were watching TV.
臭い-
May 2, 2020 2:13 AM
Jun 2017
HA I KNEW IT
I KNEW IT WAS HER DAD WHO LEFT THOSE FOR HER
But srsly what happened??? If he died too im- im-
May 2, 2020 2:53 AM

Nov 2011
Gonna drop this for now. Jokes aren't funny, characters are annoying, relationship between the father and daughter is so one dimensional, feels like they're having the same conversations every time, everything feels just streamlined.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 2, 2020 3:30 AM
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Apr 2020
I'm not into shounen and comedy in general, but I thought I'll give it a shot. Happy to say I don't regret it.

Just hope it won't end up sad
May 2, 2020 5:21 AM
Apr 2018
Fuck I knew it. Those boxes in the old house were her father's. Please anime, don't make me cry.
May 2, 2020 8:47 AM

May 2015
Nadila is best girl!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 2, 2020 9:55 AM

Dec 2019
Another fun episode, this show is really entertaining and sweet.

I'm curious to know what happened to Kakushi.
May 2, 2020 10:37 AM

Dec 2013
I really hope he didn't die too.
May 2, 2020 11:12 AM

Apr 2011
FrozenRaider said:
Nadila is best girl!

Even above Hime? Or are you just speaking about the teen/adult ladies?
May 2, 2020 11:36 AM

Mar 2015
Fml that last scene.. That doesn't look good :(
May 2, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2015
yhunata said:
FrozenRaider said:
Nadila is best girl!

Even above Hime? Or are you just speaking about the teen/adult ladies?

Hime has her own category as best daugther girl. Nadila at the other hand has her own adult charm.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 2, 2020 12:30 PM

Feb 2017
Tomaruin is really tough to work with.
May 2, 2020 12:45 PM
May 2017
This gonna make me Cry, They've teased that Goto-Sensei wouldn't be arround when Hime gets older (pre-teen) which is if you think about it is much more heartbreaking than it is, Well let's just hope he is still alive and the Director just playin with us
May 2, 2020 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
Another dose of fun in this episode.

But I am intrigued by the last scene. That is to say, it is not only the question of the status of Goto, but Hime does not remember much about his house and the boxes?

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
May 2, 2020 6:37 PM

Sep 2016
Can someone send me a PM telling me if Kakushi is dead or not?
Lmao, curiosity is killing me. I need confirmation.
May 3, 2020 9:12 PM
Sep 2017
I'm not really fond of Tomaruin, he seems dorky but is kinda creepy imo.

It was a good episode, I enjoyed the Hina Home Alone bit and the bittersweet ending. It makes me intrigued by what's going to happen at the end of the anime. I already know what's happening with Gotou because of the manga, but I wonder if they will reach that point.
May 3, 2020 10:48 PM

Oct 2017
Sondfer said:
So i was wrong and 4 last boxes was prepared by Kakushi, huh.
Also - if Tomaruin was at Goto's house, then who have taken edited pages to the printing office?

It was obvious that he made the last boxes, from the moment they showed them, since they were at his studio.
May 4, 2020 3:26 AM

May 2019
The foreshadowing is starting to amp up a bit. I guess they're going for a 'shatter the good mood' route - personally, I think it enhances the anime.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
May 4, 2020 7:21 AM

Feb 2020
Another week and we are going for the 5th chapter of Kakushigoto and ... what fun is being

This time while we see how Kakushi suffers as a Critic, we can appreciate how Tomaruin "helps" him and the truth is ... it would be better if he did not help him.

Kakush's reactions are pure gold (also Hime's when scared haha).

Pure fun with this series, waiting for the next caper and more laughter.

P.S. Long live the "Genius" Tomaruin
May 5, 2020 1:47 PM

Jun 2016
NJGore said:
Can someone send me a PM telling me if Kakushi is dead or not?
Lmao, curiosity is killing me. I need confirmation.

from ost OP video you can judging what's next in hime future's with her dad ..

May 6, 2020 6:05 AM

Jun 2012
I don't understand what is "the can"/"the legendary can" meaning?
May 6, 2020 10:49 PM

Jan 2015
This makes me big sad ngl
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
May 8, 2020 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Tomaruin is like a double-edged sword, you never know if he will help you or hurt you.
I wonder if the reactions would be good if he hadn't ruined it.

The whole medal scene was so amazing!!!

And of course, at the end the, the usual feels. I do hope he's not dead...
I also do wonder how this will end, i thought that the manga was over but apparently not, so i do wonder...

UPDATE: The last volume of the manga will be released this summer, so now everything makes more sense, especially the feels part...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 10, 2020 6:24 AM
Dec 2017
Man, this episode seemed to be one of the funniest so far but yet was also one of the most touching with the ending. I really hope kakushi doesnt die. Hime and him are both great characters.
May 15, 2020 6:24 AM

Jan 2019
It was so sweet I love this anime so much
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] aa[/font]

May 24, 2020 4:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hnngh, another cute moments from Hime! However, when the end comes again, the feeling got its down again. The pandora box allegory, Hime mention before, really suit well here. Especially with the allegory of the gold-silver medal thing. Oh, man, i really curious what is the real deal in the present time there?

Once again, still interesting and promising story of the daily life from Mangaka Goto Sensei problems. Using the moments to get some Rasuha's shower scenes really nice to see.

Okay, so whats next?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 3, 2020 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
This was another great episode.

That ending tho... :(

Jun 22, 2020 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
please dont let anything bad happening to goto.. it looked sad already atm...

this is what nadila mean btw when she said it looked similar in her country..it called "rantang" lol

Jun 26, 2020 7:57 PM
Sep 2017
I am realllllly hoping it’s a troll that Goto-sensei dies, because that will break my heart. Trying to avoid spoilers since I’m watching this after it finished airing is hard!
The gold medal scene was just too sweet. “Someday I’ll be silver...but I want to be gold!” Waaauuuggh.
The comment about 1 file per box - “What is this - Amazon?” cracked me UP!
Jul 16, 2020 10:13 AM

Aug 2017
They should show more about the editor and Ichiko having fun inside with the rest -.- Pretty fun the scene with the "bomb".

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2020

270 by Ricky16 »»
Jul 5, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2020

99 by AngelFlash »»
May 5, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - May 28, 2020

80 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

226 by removed-user »»
Sep 4, 2023 10:22 AM

Poll: » Kakushigoto (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - Jun 11, 2020

89 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 23, 2023 11:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.