Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 2022 11:37 PM
Jun 2019
I think it's better than I expected before(because of that news, it made me worried). I'm ok with the beginning but the CGI in this anime is pretty bad(especially fire CGI hahaha). However, I've prepared my heart to deal with this. I like character designs, they're my type.
Jan 5, 2022 11:57 PM
Oct 2017
The plot is so nonsensical...also, I cringed just several minutes into the episode. Seriously, dude just knocked his friend unconscious just because they tried to stop him from going in. Not only did that give them concussion, it doesn't even make any sense considering that he has enough physical strength that they wouldn't be able to stop him anyway, not to mention they didn't even try that yet. And then there's the girl. If they know who the victim is and were there with her it makes no sense to just run off without at least having someone stay with her, tell her she should stay inside, or even just ask "where are you going today? Oh, take the dog to the vet? How about I take him there for you?"
Jan 5, 2022 11:57 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Jumping into this without knowing anything about it and first impressions are: minority report the anime!

One of the three cloverworks projects this season. Hope they'll be alright. As for the show itself, at least it's a somewhat fresh concept and is not one of the numerous other isekai-related anime this season.

Characters seem to be not too generic but I wish we could've get more of an introduction for each of them rather than being just thrown into all this at once. Don't mind it too much, they'll hopefully be fleshed out with backstories as we go along. I guess it is nice to have an anime that doesn't waste any time getting down to business.

We see a lot of cgi lexus cars in anime, was nice to see something different in the form of a bentley lol. And yo that was a pretty nice-looking church

Just a few questions though, including how do you get your foot stuck like that so easily? And do people have superhuman abilities in this world, or is it just the one dude(s)? And will this show NOT be a case of first-episode-is-good-but-then-the-rest-sucks? I hope so, I myself was pleasantly surprised by the quality of at least this first episode. If I never checked the time, you could've probably fool me into thinking this was but a 20-minute episode.

Who or what is asumi? How is she or it downloading super powers onto people via phone call? Is it an advanced form of the minority report where it can sense people danger that is unrelated to crime? What is this anime and how did I almost miss this??!

Anyway, looking forward to next week where my curiosity will hopefully be quenched with a little more background provided to this world.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jan 6, 2022 1:03 AM
Apr 2020
So now where back again to Cloverworks' 3 anime in 1 season, but now with a better ones I guess.

This 48-minute special broadcast 1st episode was not bad as I thought, cuz when they're doing this especial length thing, it tends to fail my interest but not on this, though it started really slow but thankfully the RGB trio characters quickly piqued my interest. First half of the episode with only chit chats and whatnot but on the real thing starts on the second half with the three gangs suddenly gaining superpower shits. I'll especially highlight Shuta's crazy and insane stunts. Like, he didn't break any sweats at all xD. And that's not all, the way how he saves the girl and a dog, it went pretty insane too, thanks to the clean animation. The OP and ED were both pretty good too

Now as for what was going on the anime so far, I think the system called Hazard Cast is the system with Ayumi being the center brain (as shown on the last minute of the episode) is the one that helps the people and its city, and the mayor is basically working on it to fully work with now 80% done (really crazy cuz it's the same as how the Hazard Cast works in the Sybil System on Psycho Pass anime) but some peoples oppose. As for that, I don't know why. I hope they further discuss and explain the plot cuz it's a bit confusing so far but I'm excited on the premise of the anime. Three MCs trying to save people's lives with the help of the dead(?) Ayumi by giving them the glimpse of future and a superpower. This is my shit and I'm totally in for this. Just give us some good explanations and this anime will definitely came out great....

BUT as all you know on Twitter that the staffs on this studio is falling apart again with schedule and time conflicts, and I'm worried about that. I really, really hope that it won't go the same disaster as the one that they made in the previous Winter 2021 season (destroyed WEP and TPN season 2). I'm just gonna pray on good production ahead of the studio....
Kirukato05Jan 6, 2022 1:16 AM
Jan 6, 2022 1:57 AM
Sep 2019
A really good start to be fair, good characters except the main one, good plot setup as far as the first 48mins are concerned, interesting for sure
Jan 6, 2022 2:31 AM

Sep 2011
It seems a good anime, this first episode was awesome.
Jan 6, 2022 3:08 AM
Sep 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:

Just a few questions though, including how do you get your foot stuck like that so easily?

Somehow no one mentions that part but this really confused me because I dont get how you get stuck so easily and then how do you get someone`s foot out so fast without breaking their ankle if they couldn't get out themselve. The only thing I thought is that the mc kind of bends the rails upwards with his new powers so her ankle can get out but they dont show that, really pulled me out of it.
Jan 6, 2022 5:00 AM
Oct 2016
DerBoiiii said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

Just a few questions though, including how do you get your foot stuck like that so easily?

Somehow no one mentions that part but this really confused me because I dont get how you get stuck so easily and then how do you get someone`s foot out so fast without breaking their ankle if they couldn't get out themselve. The only thing I thought is that the mc kind of bends the rails upwards with his new powers so her ankle can get out but they dont show that, really pulled me out of it.

Thats exactly what i thought! Thats the only reason i checked the comments
Jan 6, 2022 5:03 AM
Oct 2016
Syureria said:
Okay thanks for the answer :")

The Tombstone from Asumi says May 8 2020, so its May 2021
Jan 6, 2022 5:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Out of everything that aired yesterday, this was my favorite watch

I still don't know how the trio got powers as well as what the graffiti guy and corporate guy got specifically as abilities, but I was hyped to see them save their friend lol
Jan 6, 2022 5:51 AM
Sep 2019
Syureria said:
Abstudios07 said:
2058? The subs I watched said 2020/2021
idk, is that a calendar?

I think it's a reference to the movie.

2001 a Space oddesy
Jan 6, 2022 5:52 AM
Sep 2019
Dwalinn said:
Syureria said:

Syureria said:
Abstudios07 said:
2058? The subs I watched said 2020/2021
idk, is that a calendar?

I think it's a reference to the movie.

2001 a Space oddesy

Dwalinn said:
Syureria said:

If you remember correctly

It's said 8may 2020 and 1 year later it's 10may 2021 idk why they did this but I will like to know why they changed the date or they just forgot?
Jan 6, 2022 5:56 AM
Jan 2022
I really enjoyed the first episode and very excited to see more.

I like that there's a large cast and multiple plot threads that helps avoid just a simple supernatural straightforward story.

The main trio feels like a good idea rather than just one guy with a hero complex (even if the main guy of the trio does seem to have that). I think the trio having continued trauma from the fire will lead to changing the future more difficult and grey.

I gave it a 4/5 for 2 reasons:

1) There was so much plot and cast in the first 10 mins it was a little overwhelming and made it hard focus on the first half of the episode

2) Any character who wants to be a "hero" really bugs me

3) The fact that all the supernatural stuff happened but they couldn't comprehend that Asumi in some form was alive
Jan 6, 2022 5:59 AM
Jan 2022
Tokoya said:
Out of everything that aired yesterday, this was my favorite watch

I still don't know how the trio got powers as well as what the graffiti guy and corporate guy got specifically as abilities, but I was hyped to see them save their friend lol

I think one got increased hacking abilities and the other gained like a political persuasion skill. I assume it'll be more clear over time.

They all seemed to get increased physical abilities.
Jan 6, 2022 6:04 AM
Oct 2016
Abstudios07 said:

It's said 8may 2020 and 1 year later it's 10may 2021 idk why they did this but I will like to know why they changed the date or they just forgot?

May 8 2021 would have been a saturday, maybe thats why.... on the other hand nothing would speak against it taking place on a saturday
Jan 6, 2022 6:07 AM

Dec 2020
cloverworks why are you doing this to yourself.

looks interesting .. Kinda. i am interested tho! don't think it'll be any good but i really hope im wrong. enoki junya voicing mc saves the day again im probably not gonna drop this show for that sole reason
Jan 6, 2022 6:21 AM

Dec 2009
Well, I didn't like it. I wonder if it can be better a bit, but if it stays the same or gets worse I'm gonna drop it for sure. I don't like the story nor the characters either. If it's a 45 mins 1st ep then there should be some deeper content that's intriguing and keeps the viewers interested in watching further. But this wasn't good. And now will be like the 3 main guys will starts working together to be heroes and save citizens from the culprit that burnt down the school and killed their female friend.
Jan 6, 2022 6:25 AM
Sep 2019
Dwalinn said:
Abstudios07 said:

May 8 2021 would have been a saturday, maybe thats why.... on the other hand nothing would speak against it taking place on a saturday

No no no
You missed something

"Fire" event 10may 2020

Date of her death 8may 2020

Image -1

Image 2 -

Ps - idk how the image upload works here (I actually forgot but this is what I remember my bad if this not works you can see the images I took after downloading the episode from website)
Abstudios07Jan 6, 2022 6:29 AM
Jan 6, 2022 7:06 AM
Oct 2016
Abstudios07 said:
Dwalinn said:

No no no
You missed something

"Fire" event 10may 2020

Image -1

Image 2 -

Ps - idk how the image upload works here (I actually forgot but this is what I remember my bad if this not works you can see the images I took after downloading the episode from website)

Lol u are right. looks like they havent made any effort.
Jan 6, 2022 8:24 AM

Apr 2020
First episode of Tokyo 24 and...not gonna lie that going into this was really hard. There are lots of clues that this show is going to suffer in the next episodes are very apparent. But watching this episode gave me some sigh of relief.

Unlike what I usually do (which carefully type a lot of stuff that happened this episode), I can only say about the face value that this show has for me, since first of all it has twice a normal episode's length. And for a 50-minute presentation, I think what they did was decent enough. The character design is painfully decent, the art seems alright, and the animation can be rocky throughout. The actual characters themselves are not that great as well, although I admit that they do have their quirks. And the story...well yeah I'll comment on that in the following episodes.

What actually impressed me the most are the animation techniques that they used for this show. It's uncommon for an anime show to plaster the characters while the background is on a stop, and some of the shots are very appealing as well. I think that is something going for this show, but for the rest, well it's too early to tell for now. All I can say is that if this was a standalone movie, this is a decent 7/10 for me....I hope that it lasts by the end though.
Jan 6, 2022 8:55 AM

Dec 2014
God damn, the Blue is so annoying.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 6, 2022 9:08 AM

Oct 2016
Actually a pretty good start. Hopefully production pulls through. Goddamnit Aniplex, stop killing Cloverworks, or other studios for that matter. RGB bois are pretty entertaining, all the other side characters as well.

The way Mari got her leg stuck in the rails was fucking ridiculous though lmao, and then Shu was able to quickly pull it out, I mean yeah sure, supernatural powers.

I really like those shots where the characters are like cutouts with the white outline and the frozen backgrounds, it's cool. Plot is kinda contrived, but I guess it has potential and I like the characters and setting so far. Plus, OP and ED are bangers.
Jan 6, 2022 9:20 AM
Sep 2020
Tbh, this was a pretty solid start.
I just saw it pop in an anime website and liked the character design so I clicked on it no expectations whatsoever. It wasn't until the end that I realized I just sat through a 48min episode with no breaks (something I don't usually do). I don't really expect it to be as amazing and groundbreaking like new gen animes such as TR, Chainsaw man or JJK, but it seems promising. I just really hope the first episode wasn't the peak of the series.
Jan 6, 2022 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
That was something to say the least
Go team RGB lol
Jan 6, 2022 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly I am confused about a lot of things but hopefully everything will be clear in the near future. The premise is pretty interesting overall. Decent episode. I'd say it's the most interesting 'first' episode among all of the new animes I recently watched. Definitely has a lot of potential but it depends on the studio whether they fuck this up or not lmao.
Jan 6, 2022 11:44 AM

Mar 2011
That second half of the episode really saved it, the first half felt like an unintentional parody.
Jan 6, 2022 1:25 PM

Jun 2021
A solid start. Despite it being an hour long episode, it kept me entertained the entire time.

The animation is solid, which is no surprise. Not too crazy about Enoki vocing another MC.
He's not bad or anything, but I don't get why every director wants to cast him as the MC in these similar types of character roles.
Jan 7, 2022 5:47 AM
Jan 2022
I'm actually pretty surprised with this anime. It seems pretty interesting. The animation is good for the parts it needs to be. It feels like Psycho Pass mixed with Link Click, idk.
Jan 7, 2022 10:19 AM

Mar 2021
It was a nice first episode but the fire animation in the school fire reminded me of ex-arm ngl. And the first half was really bad. The second half got me really excited
Jan 7, 2022 10:25 AM

Mar 2021
Dwalinn said:
Abstudios07 said:

No no no
You missed something

"Fire" event 10may 2020

Image -1

Image 2 -

Lol u are right. looks like they havent made any effort.
As this is an original anime, what if they are foreshadowing something?
Jan 7, 2022 3:55 PM

Apr 2018
Seems very promising.
Jan 8, 2022 5:21 AM

Jul 2021
Woah that was a great episode, it was quite emotional even though we barely knew the characters. It had little bit of fun and comedic moments too, I liked it. It seems like the initial set up is not fully done but we have met with our main leads. The premise is quite interesting and something new. The action scenes were kickass, I really enjoyed them. I like this sense of mystery and stuff, makes we yearn for more even though it was a 48 min episode. The OP is good.

This kept me intersted for whole 48 minutes, it was a thrilling and fun episode. Looking forward to next episode.
TsutanaiFuunJan 8, 2022 5:28 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 8, 2022 9:24 AM

Dec 2016
It was a nice start. And the animation looks nice. I like the OP by Survive said the Prophet and the ED by the VAs are really good too.

But some things seem to be a little questionable to me.

First, Why was the train running on its own without any driver? It's supposed to be like they get to know that there's a civilian stuck on the rail so the control room contacts the train staff and the driver stops the train.

Second, why did Mary move so farther like that making it look like a dumb stunt pose? it didn't seem like she lost control over the speed and accidentally moved farther. If it was me, I would quickly slow down where the leash got stuck take that off and quickly move away from the rail with the dog.

Third, How could Shuta take her feet out from the rail so easily when she herself couldn't get it out?

And I don't like seeing this hero thing going on where it doesn't fit. That just looks childish.

For some reason I'm not really liking Shuta's voice. I like Enoki Junya's voice acting but here he sometimes kinda sounds odd. Especially here,

The way he screamed here... I cracked up cuz of how comical it sounded 😅

“that's not something a human can do”? He climbed a freakin' building in the most inhumanly way like some monkey before gaining this power...

It's still enjoyable. I'm curious about the future missions they'll receive from that so-called Asumi.
Jan 8, 2022 12:24 PM

Feb 2020
I didn‘t expect much and was positively surprised! I really like the story so far and the animation isn’t bad either. I like the three main characters a lot!
Jan 8, 2022 6:54 PM
Oct 2020
Man this first ep was so good I didn't even realize it had 48min till I get here to see the comments. It went by fast and smooth.
Jan 8, 2022 7:04 PM

May 2009
Wow, I thought it was fujobait. I didn't expect double length 1st episode and interesting plot with Minority Report-like elements.
Also look at this pack of girl, almost every archetype: Dead crush, Osanajimmie, OL christmas cake, mom, loli mom (no picture on official site), tanned tomboy, plain schoolgirl, serious officer and trap.
Jan 9, 2022 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't expected much but the episode is really good. Series have a great premise and have a lot of potential to turn into a great series. I liked all the three characters and the plot is good with some cool animation & choreography. In parkour choreography was really well done. Again series have lot of potential and I really want this series to keep getting better & better.
4/5 start, looking forward to episodes 2!!
Jan 9, 2022 7:00 AM
Feb 2021
From a franchise that i dont even know this is really good.
Jan 9, 2022 10:16 AM

Mar 2014
It's not bad although it could be better, I hope it does
Jan 9, 2022 8:30 PM

Jun 2019
I wouldn’t call it good, but it was entertaining enough to not make the 48 minutes a drag.

The art is average at best and the animation is inconsistent. The characters feel like tropes and the part where the blue hair guy headbutts the other two was hilarious in a bad way. Once the train call kicked in I was actually enjoying it some.

I can’t say I’m optimistic about the future of this series but we’ll see what the next couple episodes have to offer.
Jan 10, 2022 1:44 PM
Sep 2019
This shit was lit asf. Too many overly critical people looking to nitpick at everything.
Jan 10, 2022 1:44 PM
Sep 2019
This shit was lit asf. Too many overly critical people looking to nitpick at everything.
Jan 11, 2022 5:50 AM
Jan 2022
Don't know what's actually happened to the world and what kind of role the characters will do towards the world, the synopsis also don't help at all. And the plot seems like all over the place. It took 48 minutes for a single episode and that's not good.

An original anime? Seems like this will be disappointing as takt op destiny did.

For this one I will not give any chance for 3 eps rule, dropped this already.
Jan 11, 2022 11:57 AM

Aug 2020
I think the first episode was pretty decent, even though we don't anything about those super powers or how the characters exactly obtained them but it does look promising. Nonetheless, I'm courious how the next episodes will be and how the story line unfolds.
Jan 11, 2022 12:16 PM
Jan 2011
This is really interesting. My blood when a bit wild in the end. So good.
Jan 12, 2022 10:18 AM
Aug 2021
the first episode is really good
Jan 12, 2022 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
expecations were low with it being cloverwork and will remain low till the end but for now i thought it was interesting enough for a OG show ,debating on if it'd be better without the super powers or not but stuff like what they just did to prevent a disaster would be almost impossible also that one guard lady ended up on the train at the end? so she might have powers too.

will keep watching since i hardly have anything to watch in the middle of the week
Jan 14, 2022 8:55 AM
Apr 2021
the opening song is nice
animation is superb

there are some plot holes, which I have to rewatch twice.
Blue guy mom is kind of weird ... :))

Characters are interesting, so looking forward to another episodes.
Jan 14, 2022 6:09 PM

Dec 2016
Damn, I learned that this episode was 48 minutes only by reading comments, while watching I didn't felt that at any moment. xD
I will consider this as big + from me.

And as some people already pointed out I'm also calling that potentially obvious twist in which Asumi is "alive" and part of that computer... also it is nice that creators were inspired by irl quantum computer.

Rickydory123 said:

“that's not something a human can do”? He climbed a freakin' building in the most inhumanly way like some monkey before gaining this power...

His climbing on that building before getting powers was kida exaggerated but from what I saw he used techniques for climbing structures like those and was grabbing stuff to climb.

DatRandomDude said:
Nothing amazing but it was a pretty interesting first episode. It has potential.

However, let's see how bad it gets with the behind-the-scenes stories that came out about that anime in the past. I kinda expect a delay somewhere during the season for that one.

Oh... can I ask for some juicy info?? :)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 15, 2022 4:38 PM
Mar 2012
liking the colorful character designs, slick animation & dat food art. Ran's cool, says bunch of weird shit.
Too many random events rushed together, too many characters at once. Shu was superhuman climbing a building, just to avoid a senpai, and that's before the Asumi boost. Nice to add characterization for the trio & infodump but rushing risk losing both.
What's with making redgirl retarded? drops phone twice, doesn't callback Shu, illegally pass barricade & run on rails. Dog runs so far it only exist as plot device.
It'd be way better if they're waiting behind the barricade then dog chases after crow or something on the rails.
Still liking general premise tho, psychopass & minority report is cool. Just stop conflating crime & accidents they're not the same. And heard production collapsed hope it was salvagable.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2022

30 by povsuduvolosy »»
Oct 16, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2022

13 by povsuduvolosy »»
Oct 16, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

50 by kanekisenpaioi »»
Jun 23, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2022

33 by Slayer49 »»
Apr 18, 2023 11:18 PM

Poll: » Tokyo 24-ku Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2022

38 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.