Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 16, 2021 5:45 AM

Dec 2019
For a young franchise, it's very impressive.
Well done.
Oct 16, 2021 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
I think Demon Slayer was at the right place at the right time. Demon Slayer is a simple story nothing too special so anyone can easily get into it. Yeah, animation played a huge role in its popularity and no one denies it. But it did not fail like God of High School. Anime medium is getting mainstream day by day. The quarantine helped to boost anime's popularity even further. Anyone who is new in the medium will surely go for the most popular one. Demon Slayer was the most hyped title at that time and even now. The reason why Japan loves it so much is because it's a simple story with a kind, hardworking and honest protagonist set in 20th century Japan. The setting and the characters, Japanese people can easily relate to them.
removed-userOct 16, 2021 5:59 AM
Oct 16, 2021 5:53 AM

Jul 2019
Great news indeed. This is what a perfect shounen adaptation deserves. Really no flaws around KnY. Well deserved again. GG to everyone involved.
Oct 16, 2021 5:53 AM

Jul 2020
Xacobe01 said:
slimepoop said:
quality? The only quality about demon slayer is true animation. The ENTIRE first episode of the mugen train anime arc was anime canon or filler. It was absolute textbook generic shonen, and you could very easily tell. Rengoku was one of the most boring anime characters I’ve ever seen in this episode. “Evil bad. I will stop evil and protect everyone at all costs” don’t know how you can get more generic than that.

I'm referring to quality in the technical side of things. Nobody grown up enough enjoys a shounen for its story, but you can enjoy more things. Don't be like that "cultured taste" guy that talks about quality shows and hasn't watched even 80 animes, let alone quality ones.

And yeah @Scordolo, that's you right there

LMAO what does the number of anime has ANYTHING to do with me wanting more quality writing Anime? Congratulations, you just lost all your validation to your opinion.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 16, 2021 5:58 AM
Sep 2020
Scordolo said:
Xacobe01 said:

I'm referring to quality in the technical side of things. Nobody grown up enough enjoys a shounen for its story, but you can enjoy more things. Don't be like that "cultured taste" guy that talks about quality shows and hasn't watched even 80 animes, let alone quality ones.

And yeah @Scordolo, that's you right there

LMAO what does the number of anime has ANYTHING to do with me wanting more quality writing Anime? Congratulations, you just lost all your validation to your opinion.

What it means is that you talk about quality without knowing what quality is, because literally you haven't watched enough shows to know what quality is. Dude there is a minimum of 20 shows that can be mentioned when you talk about quality story telling before Vinland saga.
Oct 16, 2021 7:09 AM

Jan 2021
deg said:
FZREMAKE said:

I agree with what you say, but saying that its writing and characters suck is totally subjective. You can agree or disagree but the objective thing is that majority will agree that it has well written characters and a great plot.

dude i enjoyed Demon Slayer to give a high rating both anime and manga but im not a blind fanboy that will say it has a groundbreaking or even an original story, i agree that the characters of this show are great but im talking about how generic the story is the story is just executed better with how great the animation and how fast pace or never boring the story pacing in the manga is

There is nothing new with the plot and honestly it doesnt even need to be sophisticated. Its just that it is executed brilliantly and it doesnt feel forced.
I guess I never went into deep thinking critically about this show cause all that matters to me is that I enjoyed the show and it made sense.
Well if you thought it was generic than ok, But I can disagree.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 16, 2021 8:23 AM
Feb 2021
devilmaacry said:
Man
Literally, masterclass animation can put a below average story also to great heights
But , man, these days people only need soundtrack and animation, story is nothing for them
not for everyone that matters because I watched what I enjoyed and I can watch everything until it's enjoyable and I think kNY Is enjoyable and pretty decent story and animation is just like cherry on the cake.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Oct 16, 2021 8:51 AM

Oct 2021
Vanshkuhar said:
Scordolo said:

Hence why I'm starting to lose faith in this generation who only think Animation is everything and not the story.

What are u even saying smh, most studios don’t make anime originals, they adapt stories from manga, light novels and visual novels, so they don’t have to go around spending money for production of source material

Well studios like A-1 pictures and white fox does full of light novels and visual novel adaptation. Even wit studio is coming up light novel adaptation like( vivy). In the end most studio does make anime originals.
Oct 16, 2021 9:00 AM

Oct 2021
devilmaacry said:
Man
Literally, masterclass animation can put a below average story also to great heights
But , man, these days people only need soundtrack and animation, story is nothing for them

After saying this much in a demon slayer discussion section.
Your are still going to watch it .aren’t u a🤡 . Story is nothing for them wdym ? It’s an easy understandable story .so ? What u want a death note type writing ? If aren’t satisfied then stop watching instead of crying here in mal discussion which is irrelevant.
Oct 16, 2021 9:04 AM
Jul 2021
Xshake said:
devilmaacry said:
Man

Your are still going to watch it .aren’t u a🤡 . Story is nothing for them wdym ? It’s an easy understandable story .so ? What u want a death note type writing ? If aren’t satisfied then stop watching instead of crying here in mal discussion which is irrelevant.
yup
Gonna stop watching it
And, not understandable? it's flawed
Wanna have spoilers
So moron, shut up and mind your own business
Man, it's flawed in manga, hoping some changes in anime so it would become better
Not a typical hater like you
Oct 16, 2021 9:07 AM

Oct 2021
Xacobe01 said:
Scordolo said:

What it means is that you talk about quality without knowing what quality is, because literally you haven't watched enough shows to know what quality is. Dude there is a minimum of 20 shows that can be mentioned when you talk about quality story telling before Vinland saga.

What ?a person who is having DITF as his fav anime talking about Quality story telling oh please 😂.
Oct 16, 2021 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Xshake said:
Vanshkuhar said:

What are u even saying smh, most studios don’t make anime originals, they adapt stories from manga, light novels and visual novels, so they don’t have to go around spending money for production of source material

Well studios like A-1 pictures and white fox does full of light novels and visual novel adaptation. Even wit studio is coming up light novel adaptation like( vivy). In the end most studio does make anime originals.

Smh fr man 86 anime out of the 90 anime you’ve watched are adaptation and 4 are anime originals *sighs intensely*
Oct 16, 2021 9:12 AM

Oct 2021
Vanshkuhar said:
Xshake said:

Smh fr man 86 anime out of the 90 anime you’ve watched are adaptation and 4 are anime originals *sighs intensely*

Well I have more than that you are seeing in my mal profile. Infact I’m new to mal as u can see . I don’t have fking time for listing every anime I watched . Don’t be too fast to judge .
Oct 16, 2021 9:16 AM
Sep 2020
Xshake said:
Xacobe01 said:

What ?a person who is having DITF as his fav anime talking about Quality story telling oh please 😂.

Oh, what a pity, continue following the mob mentality of "Darling in the Franxx is a bad anime". It was special for me in its moment, and thats why it's in my favorites list. It may not be the best anime in quality reign, but it was pretty pretty good.

Also, dude, I have 190 animes on my completed list, you can check those to see my taste. It was easy to go through your 90 and knowing you don't have a really developed criteria
Oct 16, 2021 9:18 AM

Oct 2021
devilmaacry said:
Xshake said:

yup
Gonna stop watching it
Wanna have spoilers
Man, it's flawed in manga, hoping some changes in anime so it would become better

Typical hater ? Obvious hater is infront of me 🤦‍♂️. Flawed manga huh ? There is nothing like perfect so stfu . Well i was minding my own business by triggering a hater like you my bad . Already finished the manga so go on spam spoilers I hope u are aware of mal discussion rules . So please for rest of the people don’t do it .
Oct 16, 2021 9:21 AM
Jul 2021
Xshake said:
devilmaacry said:
yup
Gonna stop watching it
Wanna have spoilers

Typical hater ? Obvious hater is infront of me 🤦‍♂️. Flawed manga huh ? There is nothing like perfect so stfu . Well i was minding my own business by triggering a hater like you my bad . Already finished the manga so go on spam spoilers I hope u are aware of mal discussion rules . So please for rest of the people don’t do it .

Man , so I wasting my time arguing a tard
Ok , you win
From your species, nobody can't win in the whole anime community
You are the renowned mainstream tards after all
Oct 16, 2021 9:22 AM
Jul 2021
Xshake said:
devilmaacry said:
yup
Gonna stop watching it
Wanna have spoilers

And perfect??
It's not even close to be called a good manga
Perfect word is not of its league
Oct 16, 2021 9:26 AM

Oct 2021
Xacobe01 said:
Xshake said:

Oh, what a pity, continue following the mob mentality of "Darling in the Franxx is a bad anime". It was special for me in its moment, and thats why it's in my favorites list. It may not be the best anime in quality reign, but it was pretty pretty good.

Also, dude, I have 190 animes on my completed list, you can check those to see my taste. It was easy to go through your 90 and knowing you don't have a really developed criteria

Is it really matters how much u have watched needed to be checked in mal 😂 I’m new so it will take some time to adding so stuff in profile so don’t judge peoples by their mal watch list before that check when did they joined . Like u said DITF was special to you so it’s same goes for that fella who was saying KNY was best . actually everyone thinks it’s bad so ratio wins bruh it means you are the minority pervs who lust over zero two.
DITF never was adapted well and wtf was that giant zero two with a big unicorn 😂 . In the end it was more underground shit . Well u are still arguing in mal to prove the quality story telling in kny is bad but as we can see mal discussion group is irrelevant like Pluto in solar system.
Oct 16, 2021 9:29 AM
Jan 2018
deg said:
MikitoList said:

So like, did it ever occur to either of you that most people like this show specifically for its story, characters, and cultural significance?

Demon Slayer become big because of episode 19 alone dude and specifically the last sakuga scene with awesome animation and soundtrack

if Demon Slayer got bad animation it will not be as popular

And the manga sold the amount it did across all volumes specially the content after the anime where animations didn’t support would be due the story, characters and culture significance.

Mattinator95Oct 16, 2021 12:57 PM
Oct 16, 2021 9:35 AM
Sep 2020
Xshake said:
Xacobe01 said:

Is it really matters how much u have watched needed to be checked in mal 😂 I’m new so it will take some time to adding so stuff in profile so don’t judge peoples by their mal watch list before that check when did they joined . Like u said DITF was special to you so it’s same goes for that fella who was saying KNY was best . actually everyone thinks it’s bad so ratio wins bruh it means you are the minority pervs who must over zero two.
DITF never was adapted well and wtf was that giant zero two with a big unicorn 😂 . In the end it was more underground shit . Well u are still arguing in mal to prove the quality story telling in kny is bad but as we can see mal discussion group is irrelevant like Pluto in solar system.

Bro, you were the one to check it first. Let's start with the rant

1- Darling in the Franxx is not an adaptation, it's original anime.
2- I have my criteria, so I don't care about the majority rationing my opinion. I literally don't give a shit about what they say. Lots of quality anime are ratioed as bad, and they aren't (Paranoia agent is the first example that comes to my mind). I can watch anime, know they are not the best, and still enjoy them.
3- I never said the stroy telling in KnY was bad, I just said that if you want a show with a good and interesting story, there arw better options than a Shonen Jump manga story, designed to be easily consumed by young audiences.
Oct 16, 2021 9:42 AM

Oct 2021
Xacobe01 said:
Xshake said:

Is it really matters how much u have watched needed to be checked in mal 😂 I’m new so it will take some time to adding so stuff in profile so don’t judge peoples by their mal watch list before that check when did they joined . Like u said DITF was special to you so it’s same goes for that fella who was saying KNY was best . actually everyone thinks it’s bad so ratio wins bruh it means you are the minority pervs who must over zero two.

Bro, you were the one to check it first. Let's start with the rant

1- Darling in the Franxx is not an adaptation, it's original anime.
2- I have my criteria, so I don't care about the majority rationing my opinion. I literally don't give a shit about what they say. Lots of quality anime are ratioed as bad, and they aren't (Paranoia agent is the first example that comes to my mind). I can watch anime, know they are not the best, and still enjoy them.
3- I never said the stroy telling in KnY was bad, I just said that if you want a show with a good and interesting story, there arw better options than a Shonen Jump manga story, designed to be easily consumed by young audiences.

Well I’m talking about the manga adaptation of DITF by Kentaro yabuki. An opinion is an opinion and I respect your opinion.
Oct 16, 2021 12:55 PM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:
Yeah no, it’s not unrealistic. The manga sales instantaneously boosted again the week after the re-airing of Season 1 & the Mugen Train movie. They didn’t wait 2 months and then coincidentally spike as a new volume released. The data simply just doesn’t show what you’re trying to prove. Even if the manga sales spiked after Ep 19, that still doesn’t prove that it was purely because of animation. That’s not even something that can be possibly proven. You’re just making unsubstantiated claims.

more like interpreting the data and how historically great animation and visuals boosted the popularity of an anime and i already provided even a whole studio dedicated to that observation

if you think Demon Slayer have great story then ok that is just you and not the general population since we know mainstream shows have generic stories most of the time it all comes down to execution like better visuals or animation at this one

Every anime boosts the popularity of a manga regardless of story or animation. That’s literally what the entire purpose of making the anime is for. If KnY is boosted by animation due to the manga sales rising after the end of the anime, then so is literally every manga series in existence, including One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, HxH, AOT, FMA, etc.

Lol and that isn’t “just me.” You literally can’t say that. There is 0 data on something like that. For the third time, you’re talking out of your ass. You personally don’t find anything special about the show other than its animation, but don’t project that onto everyone else.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 1:34 PM
Oct 2018
Besides cash-grabbing, the studio should polish/improve or change, if possible, the writing and give more solid backstory and strong plot to the series.
Oct 16, 2021 2:36 PM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

more like interpreting the data and how historically great animation and visuals boosted the popularity of an anime and i already provided even a whole studio dedicated to that observation

if you think Demon Slayer have great story then ok that is just you and not the general population since we know mainstream shows have generic stories most of the time it all comes down to execution like better visuals or animation at this one

Every anime boosts the popularity of a manga regardless of story or animation. That’s literally what the entire purpose of making the anime is for. If KnY is boosted by animation due to the manga sales rising after the end of the anime, then so is literally every manga series in existence, including One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, HxH, AOT, FMA, etc.

Lol and that isn’t “just me.” You literally can’t say that. There is 0 data on something like that. For the third time, you’re talking out of your ass. You personally don’t find anything special about the show other than its animation, but don’t project that onto everyone else.

duh that is obvious but youre denying what im saying like the whole Kyoto Animation doing average stories while having great animation and look at how good their profit is, same is true with One Punch Man and Demon Slayer

yes Demon Slayer has a generic story if you cannot see that then watch more anime again there is no originality anymore but just better execution like with better animation

youre so obsessed with data? look at the top 200 popular and top 200 ranking here on MAL and tell me if animation quality does not matter
Oct 16, 2021 2:50 PM
May 2021
I mean we r in a new generation of anime it’s facts that new ppl will wanna watch demon slayer first than watch Naruto for example, social media is a big influence as well.
Oct 16, 2021 3:45 PM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:

duh that is obvious but youre denying what im saying like the whole Kyoto Animation doing average stories while having great animation and look at how good their profit is, same is true with One Punch Man and Demon Slayer

yes Demon Slayer has a generic story if you cannot see that then watch more anime again there is no originality anymore but just better execution like with better animation

youre so obsessed with data? look at the top 200 popular and top 200 ranking here on MAL and tell me if animation quality does not matter
You’re denying reality. You’re not listening to anyone but yourself. There is nothing objectively average about any story. You asserting that it’s average doesn’t actually make it average. If you think the story is mediocre then that’s your opinion. There is nothing objectively bad with the story.

No story is completely original. Every story takes from previous stories. You tell me to watch more anime, yet I’m sure there are hundreds of shows that are just like the ones you consider original, yet you just wouldn’t know because you haven’t seen them. And being unoriginal doesn’t make something bad.

MAL rankings mean absolutely nothing. It’s just a conglomeration of people’s opinions, from a skewed data group, who are equally as smooth-brained as you. Millions of people love the MANGA for its story, characters, and writing. You can’t change that, and no data that you’ve brought up has shown that either, sorry.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 3:53 PM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

You’re denying reality. You’re not listening to anyone but yourself. There is nothing objectively average about any story. You asserting that it’s average doesn’t actually make it average. If you think the story is mediocre then that’s your opinion. There is nothing objectively bad with the story.

No story is completely original. Every story takes from previous stories. You tell me to watch more anime, yet I’m sure there are hundreds of shows that are just like the ones you consider original, yet you just wouldn’t know because you haven’t seen them. And being unoriginal doesn’t make something bad.

MAL rankings mean absolutely nothing. It’s just a conglomeration of people’s opinions, from a skewed data group, who are equally as smooth-brained as you. Millions of people love the MANGA for its story, characters, and writing. You can’t change that, and no data that you’ve brought up has shown that either, sorry.

fighting monsters or demons is a generic story or plot especially in an battle shonen

again execution is the name of the game this days and one of it is better animation and as you said there is no originality anymore too like i said

you know that animation boost the source material sales anyway so animation quality is very important

youre the one looking for data and now youre denying the biggest sample size in the anime fandom that is MAL rankings

@Scordolo

that is the problem i have with you, youre a noob to MAL and anime and you act like you know more

like your example of God of High School the problem with it that people are saying is that its rushed as hell and they cut a lot of manga content so obviously the animation will not save its ranking but its popular enough due to its eye candy sakuga
degOct 16, 2021 4:03 PM
Oct 16, 2021 4:46 PM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:

fighting monsters or demons is a generic story or plot especially in an battle shonen

again execution is the name of the game this days and one of it is better animation and as you said there is no originality anymore too like i said

you know that animation boost the source material sales anyway so animation quality is very important

youre the one looking for data and now youre denying the biggest sample size in the anime fandom that is MAL rankings

@Scordolo

that is the problem i have with you, youre a noob to MAL and anime and you act like you know more

like your example of God of High School the problem with it that people are saying is that its rushed as hell and they cut a lot of manga content so obviously the animation will not save its ranking but its popular enough due to its eye candy sakuga

That’s actually not the plot of Demon Slayer, but you’d be right if it was. Just like you’d be right to call every plot of every story generic. I never said animation quality wasn’t important, I’m saying that you can’t dictate that it is the only reason something is successful. Any data you get from MAL doesn’t prove what you’re trying to argue. Especially considering that MAL is dominated by people from western countries. We’re talking about Japan here.

And lmao that’s a very toxic and dumb mentality to have. “You are new to anime therefore your opinion is irrelevant!” You don’t even know if he is new to anime or not. Even if he was, it doesn’t make his opinion less valid. You can continue to add on a bunch of anime to your watchlist that you don’t even like simply for the purpose of adding to some irrelevant number in your goal of psuedo-superiority. It doesn’t make your opinion more important than others.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 5:23 PM
Oct 2019
Does anyone have the sales of the game Hinokami Chronicles after 3 days of release?
Oct 16, 2021 5:42 PM
Jun 2013
>Kimetsu no Yaiba becomes the biggest phenomenon in anime and manga since One Piece (that btw never had great animation), selling over 5 million copies per volume and becoming the biggest box office in Japan history

>People on MAL: ItS OnLy bEcAuSe UfOtaBlE aNiMaTIoN

>All the other Ufotable tv anime and movies with as good or even better animation:.......

Oct 16, 2021 7:20 PM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

@Scordolo

That’s actually not the plot of Demon Slayer, but you’d be right if it was. Just like you’d be right to call every plot of every story generic. I never said animation quality wasn’t important, I’m saying that you can’t dictate that it is the only reason something is successful. Any data you get from MAL doesn’t prove what you’re trying to argue. Especially considering that MAL is dominated by people from western countries. We’re talking about Japan here.

And lmao that’s a very toxic and dumb mentality to have. “You are new to anime therefore your opinion is irrelevant!” You don’t even know if he is new to anime or not. Even if he was, it doesn’t make his opinion less valid. You can continue to add on a bunch of anime to your watchlist that you don’t even like simply for the purpose of adding to some irrelevant number in your goal of psuedo-superiority. It doesn’t make your opinion more important than others.

lol experience comes with time so experience more anime the both of you

anyway im not saying story is not important too but the top priority should be animation quality in any anime this days to be popular among the global community

like it or not anime is part of the global market now so its not just japan

heck even in this japanese survey they say its just a simple story so what more data you want? https://otakuusamagazine.com/survey-demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-popular/

Finally, the survey asked respondents to write in their own specific reasons they like the manga. Many commented on the pace and the originality of each character. Others wrote that “the story is easy for anyone to get into, and doesn’t use complicated words,” and “not just the main character, but the demons themselves, also have their own back stories.”

average story is not bad at all if presented very well with like great animation or visuals

btw ive provided sources to my claims but you have not so show me the cultural influence you are talking about with survey or polls too there in japan since you want to stick to japan only fans

Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
>Kimetsu no Yaiba becomes the biggest phenomenon in anime and manga since One Piece (that btw never had great animation), selling over 5 million copies per volume and becoming the biggest box office in Japan history

>People on MAL: ItS OnLy bEcAuSe UfOtaBlE aNiMaTIoN

>All the other Ufotable tv anime and movies with as good or even better animation:.......

err majority of ufotable anime are selling so well because of animation alone thats the point im saying Kyoto Animation has been doing it for decades now and ufotable is following it

you only need an average story and great animation to usually have a big profit
degOct 16, 2021 7:46 PM
Oct 16, 2021 7:46 PM

Oct 2020
Good for KnY. I didn't like it at all. In fact, I kinda hated it but if it's doing financially well then good for it and it's fans. Also congrats to the creator.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2021 8:08 PM

Oct 2020
Scordolo said:
Xacobe01 said:

I mean, if they continue to make adaptations of THIS quality, I think it's worth it

Hence why I'm starting to lose faith in this generation who only think Animation is everything and not the story.

"Hence why I'm starting to lose faith in this generation who only think Animation is everything and not the story."

Dude, I don't know what to tell you but watching two slightly underground shows on free streaming sites does not make one any better than "this generation" of anime watchers... (not to mention how every "generation" values enjoyment over something as arbitrary as "good writing" or "good story")

Scordolo said:
Crow_Black said:

Oh yeah, this generation of weebs, are really just so uncultured these days.

Yeah, quality writing shows like Odd taxi or Vinland saga is getting so hard to find these days because of mediocre battle shounen.

I seriously can't think of any "mediocre battle shounen" that have come out this year that hindered the production of "quality writing" shows...
Yeah, you just have to dig a little bit harder to get them ig. I mean, if you're THAT interested in finding out new unpopular anime you should have no problem browsing the vast catalogue of seasonal shows, right?

But nahhh let's just act like 60 year old boomer otakus on MAL forums. That's ought to solve something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2021 9:02 PM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:

anyway im not saying story is not important too but the top priority should be animation quality in any anime this days to be popular among the global community

heck even in this japanese survey they say its just a simple story so what more data you want? https://otakuusamagazine.com/survey-demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-popular/

Finally, the survey asked respondents to write in their own specific reasons they like the manga. Many commented on the pace and the originality of each character. Others wrote that “the story is easy for anyone to get into, and doesn’t use complicated words,” and “not just the main character, but the demons themselves, also have their own back stories.”

average story is not bad at all if presented very well with like great animation or visuals

btw ive provided sources to my claims but you have not so show me the cultural influence you are talking about with survey or polls too there in japan since you want to stick to japan only fans

Lmao I've been watching anime since I was born, I don't need you to tell me to get more experience. I never said that anime wasn't part of the global market, I'm saying that the global market is irrelevant to this post. We're not talking about how Demon Slayer is viewed and how well it's doing in America, this is specifically about Japan. And I love how you keep bringing in sets of data that disprove your point. First you say that animation is what got Demon Slayer popular, now you bring up a poll that shows the opposite, and that it's the characters and story that people love about it the most - literally what I've been saying this entire time. And you're conflating a lot of terms together to mean the same thing, when they don't. "Simple" doesn't mean "Average" or "Generic." You can't say that "oh look these people said the story was simple, now I'm going to slight of hand that and exchange the word for average." And they didn't even say that the story is simple, they said it's easy to get into. That's not the same thing. The proof of KnY's cultural significance is literally in the fact that it made 1/5th of Japan's GDP in a year lmfao. That's literally right there in the article you replied to. Not only that, it is literally everywhere. It's in Japan's sports league, fast food chains, onsens, merchandise, malls, metro, schools, festivals, etc. Are you just going to keep circling around everything I reply with so that you can never be wrong? I'd rather end the argument now if you're just going to do that again and completely ignore every claim of yours that I've dismantled.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 9:05 PM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

Lmao I've been watching anime since I was born, I don't need you to tell me to get more experience. I never said that anime wasn't part of the global market, I'm saying that the global market is irrelevant to this post. We're not talking about how Demon Slayer is viewed and how well it's doing in America, this is specifically about Japan. And I love how you keep bringing in sets of data that disprove your point. First you say that animation is what got Demon Slayer popular, now you bring up a poll that shows the opposite, and that it's the characters and story that people love about it the most - literally what I've been saying this entire time. And you're conflating a lot of terms together to mean the same thing, when they don't. "Simple" doesn't mean "Average" or "Generic." You can't say that "oh look these people said the story was simple, now I'm going to slight of hand that and exchange the word for average." And they didn't even say that the story is simple, they said it's easy to get into. That's not the same thing. The proof of KnY's cultural significance is literally in the fact that it made 1/5th of Japan's GDP in a year lmfao. That's literally right there in the article you replied to. Not only that, it is literally everywhere. It's in Japan's sports league, fast food chains, onsens, merchandise, malls, metro, schools, festivals, etc. Are you just going to keep circling around everything I reply with so that you can never be wrong? I'd rather end the argument now if you're just going to do that again and completely ignore every claim of yours that I've dismantled.

read the full article then particularly this part

Animate Times asked these respondents how the originally heard about Demon Slayer. From left to right, the Japanese reads:

By encountering it in Shonen Jump
Though a bookshop, anime store, etc.
By watching the anime
From a friend
From Twitter or other social media
By hearing the opening/ending song(s)
From news or variety TV
Other

Clearly, the anime had a huge effect. After all, the manga had been running since 2016, but only became a monster hit after the anime adaptation started airing in 2019.

The next question asked which elements of Demon Slayer respondents found interesting. The elements included, from left to right, are:

Characters
Story
Worldview
Setting

Respondents were allowed to pick as many as they liked. 80.7% went for characters, making it the highest-ranked category, followed by story at 72.8%.

they did not include the Animation but clearly mention the anime is what made it popular and the manga sold so well

now show some sources of your own too

i thought you mean there is some cultural symbolism going on but you just meant cultural impact which is lol irrelevant then since national popularity is cultural phenomenon anyway

as for simple and easy difference as a word lol thats just playing semantics

EDIT

no point continuing this since youre a noob when it comes to action anime like battle shonen where the main selling point is the battle scenes in sakuga or awesome animation
degOct 16, 2021 9:28 PM
Oct 16, 2021 9:40 PM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:

Animate Times asked these respondents how the originally heard about Demon Slayer. From left to right, the Japanese reads:

By encountering it in Shonen Jump
Though a bookshop, anime store, etc.
By watching the anime
From a friend
From Twitter or other social media
By hearing the opening/ending song(s)
From news or variety TV
Other

Clearly, the anime had a huge effect. After all, the manga had been running since 2016, but only became a monster hit after the anime adaptation started airing in 2019.

The next question asked which elements of Demon Slayer respondents found interesting. The elements included, from left to right, are:

Characters
Story
Worldview
Setting

Respondents were allowed to pick as many as they liked. 80.7% went for characters, making it the highest-ranked category, followed by story at 72.8%.

they did not include the Animation but clearly mention the anime is what made it popular and the manga sold so well

i thought you mean there is some cultural symbolism going on but you just meant cultural impact which is lol irrelevant then since national popularity is cultural phenomenon anyway

Buddy I read the full article. And you don't know how to interpret data. 109 out of 316 fans FOUND OUT about the show. That means 2/3rds (most) found out about it through something OTHER than the anime. And finding out about the show doesn't correlate to the animation being the main reason that people LIKE the show. Every manga with an anime in existence will have most people finding out about it because of its anime, that's literally how the entire industry works. The anime is an advertisement for the manga, so yes, most people will find out about any given manga because of its anime. They didn't include animation as a factor, therefore you have no data to be arguing that as a reason, and no one even bothered to bring it up. Clearly it wasn't important enough. Cultural Symbolism would be reflected in the "Worldview" and "Setting" element, so yes I was also right about that. You're the only one playing with semantics. "Easy to get into" doesn't mean that the overall story is simple. But I guess you're going to do exactly what I said you would lmao.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

Buddy I read the full article. And you don't know how to interpret data. 109 out of 316 fans FOUND OUT about the show. That means 2/3rds (most) found out about it through something OTHER than the anime. And finding out about the show doesn't correlate to the animation being the main reason that people LIKE the show. Every manga with an anime in existence will have most people finding out about it because of its anime, that's literally how the entire industry works. The anime is an advertisement for the manga, so yes, most people will find out about any given manga because of its anime. They didn't include animation as a factor, therefore you have no data to be arguing that as a reason, and no one even bothered to bring it up. Clearly it wasn't important enough. Cultural Symbolism would be reflected in the "Worldview" and "Setting" element, so yes I was also right about that. You're the only one playing with semantics. "Easy to get into" doesn't mean that the overall story is simple. But I guess you're going to do exactly what I said you would lmao.

ok so Demon Slayer is all about great story than great animation to you huh ok thats just you

again anime is a visual story telling medium so animation is more important because if its not then just read the manga then but clearly that did not happen to most people
Oct 16, 2021 10:00 PM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:

ok so Demon Slayer is all about great story than great animation to you huh ok thats just you

again anime is a visual story telling medium so animation is more important because if its not then just read the manga then but clearly that did not happen to most people

You've already said this before lmao. We're circling back to the same exact argument. That isn't JUST me, that's most people - shown in the very poll you sent. Manga is also a visual story-telling medium lmfao. And a manga will never be more popular than its anime counterpart. Most people watch TV, few people read. In Japan however, manga is extremely popular. And guess which manga sold the most in one year than every other manga in the entire history of Japan's manga sales: Demon Slayer. So yes, clearly the story and the characters were more important to the Japanese population that they bought the manga to read, rather than waiting for additional seasons of the anime to come out.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 10:04 PM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

You've already said this before lmao. We're circling back to the same exact argument. That isn't JUST me, that's most people - shown in the very poll you sent. Manga is also a visual story-telling medium lmfao. And a manga will never be more popular than its anime counterpart. Most people watch TV, few people read. In Japan however, manga is extremely popular. And guess which manga sold the most in one year than every other manga in the entire history of Japan's manga sales: Demon Slayer. So yes, clearly the story and the characters were more important to the Japanese population that they bought the manga to read, rather than waiting for additional seasons of the anime to come out.

the huge manga boost in japan happened after the anime finish airing remember

Demon Slayer is release in Shonen Jump the most popular manga magazine there and in Japan manga is more popular than anime as you said so why Demon Slayer is not read more from the start before the anime aired

a lot of people here on MAL for example watch battle shonen shows seasonally then read the manga after the first season or any season ends to know the future story so i and them can focus on watching the sakuga when the anime sequel comes, this is what my observation tells me and Demon Slayer is no different and a lot of complains on the anime adaptation of any battle shonen is bad animation too

since this will just circle back this is my last reply
Oct 16, 2021 11:32 PM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:

Demon Slayer is release in Shonen Jump the most popular manga magazine there and in Japan manga is more popular than anime as you said so why Demon Slayer is not read more from the start before the anime aired

a lot of people here on MAL for example watch battle shonen shows seasonally then read the manga after the first season or any season ends to know the future story so i and them can focus on watching the sakuga when the anime sequel comes, this is what my observation tells me and Demon Slayer is no different and a lot of complains on the anime adaptation of any battle shonen is bad animation too

For like the 50th time, a series getting popular because of the anime doesn’t correlate to people only liking it for its animation. I don’t know why I have to keep repeating that. The WSJ magazine has been on a constant decline and dying in popularity; and by the time KnY starting circulating, it was at half the yearly volume that the Big 3 had when they started circulating. And I never said manga is more popular in Japan than anime, it’s not. It was not read more before the start of the anime because it wasn’t well-known - that’s why an anime was made. I don’t know why this is so hard for you to understand. Literally no other newly serialized manga in the WSJ from the time that KnY started serializing until the time the anime aired got substantially popular by its manga alone. Neither does mostly any manga actually because the anime literally drives the sales for all manga series.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 11:40 PM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

For like the 50th time, a series getting popular because of the anime doesn’t correlate to people only liking it for its animation. I don’t know why I have to keep repeating that. The WSJ magazine has been on a constant decline and dying in popularity; and by the time KnY starting circulating, it was at half the yearly volume that the Big 3 had when they started circulating. And I never said manga is more popular in Japan than anime, it’s not. It was not read more before the start of the anime because it wasn’t well-known - that’s why an anime was made. I don’t know why this is so hard for you to understand. Literally no other newly serialized manga in the WSJ from the time that KnY started serializing until the time the anime aired got substantially popular by its manga alone. Neither does mostly any manga actually because the anime literally drives the sales for all manga series.

i do know that manga industry is still have a bigger popularity and profit than the anime industry heck in USA the top selling comics are all manga this days defeating DC and Marvel comics

give me a source saying the manga industry is not popular or as profitable as the anime industry in Japan before Demon Slayer success and i will changed my mind

i will give you the chance to explain whats so special or great about the story of Demon Slayer compared to lets say Attack on Titan so let me hear you out

popularity is not equal to quality story since you also accept that Demon Slayer is a simple story or easy to read story

its well known that mainstream shows usually have generic or simple stories so lets me hear how Demon Slayer have better writing than what i call exception to the rule that is Attack on Titan

EDIT:

you said in your profile that "writing is subjective" so how you use it as an objective metric than animation quality
degOct 17, 2021 12:15 AM
Oct 17, 2021 12:06 AM
Jun 2021
This is how britania felt when zero defeated them
Oct 17, 2021 1:13 AM

Jul 2020
@deg and the problem I have with YOU is that you show too much arrogance instead of just correcting someone.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 17, 2021 1:14 AM

Jan 2009
Scordolo said:
@deg and the problem I have with YOU is that you show too much arrogance instead of just correcting someone.

lol funny i found you as the arrogant one but whatever, im fine if you think im arrogant because i think the same about you anyway
Oct 17, 2021 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
That's a lot. Well, a lot of fans so...
Oct 17, 2021 10:35 AM
Oct 2019
This Monday or later we may know the sales of the game Hinokami Chronicle. One trillion Yen has not counted the sales of the game. The game was released on October 13th in Japan and October 14th worldwide.
Oct 17, 2021 1:53 PM

Jun 2016
Scordolo said:
Xacobe01 said:

I mean, if they continue to make adaptations of THIS quality, I think it's worth it

Dude i was drinking coffee and just spat it, holy shit the facts, that's the only reason why anime with fluid animations are priority because this generation only have like 3 braincells and never care for story.
Tats_Spill_TeaOct 17, 2021 2:15 PM
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Oct 17, 2021 4:48 PM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:

i do know that manga industry is still have a bigger popularity and profit than the anime industry heck in USA the top selling comics are all manga this days defeating DC and Marvel comics

give me a source saying the manga industry is not popular or as profitable as the anime industry in Japan before Demon Slayer success and i will changed my mind

i will give you the chance to explain whats so special or great about the story of Demon Slayer compared to lets say Attack on Titan so let me hear you out

popularity is not equal to quality story since you also accept that Demon Slayer is a simple story or easy to read story

its well known that mainstream shows usually have generic or simple stories so lets me hear how Demon Slayer have better writing than what i call exception to the rule that is Attack on Titan

EDIT:

you said in your profile that "writing is subjective" so how you use it as an objective metric than animation quality

Literally what the fuck lmao. You keep switching the topic of discussion. Nowhere did I ever argue that Demon Slayer's story was better or worse than any other anime - and I won't because that's entirely subjective and everyone has their own opinions on that matter. I also never said that popularity = quality, so I don't even know what brought you to say that.

Since you clearly need help staying on track, I'll help you out by walking you through exactly what this entire ridiculous discussion is about: You claimed that the only reason Demon Slayer is popular, and the only reason people like the show, is simply due to the fact that it has amazing animation. AKA, "Demon Slayer is carried by animation" - the age old, unoriginal remark that many people on here utilize to lessen the show's brilliance and its achievements. That is what I'm responding to. That's all I ever responded to. You even brought up sources that directly invalidated your own argument. It's very simple: you can't argue that as a fact, because there is no way to actually substantiate a claim like that. The story and characterization isn't amazing to JUST me, it's amazing to MANY people. I understand that you exist solely in this echo-chamber of elitism known as MAL, where the loudest minority of opinions are regarded as fact, but they are exactly that: a minority. MAL constitutes a VERY small percentage of all fans of anime and manga around the world. And that's especially true for Japan, since the Japanese userbase of MAL is so nonexistent that it's not even accounted for in MAL's marketing https://myanimelist.net/advertising. You literally have no basis to be spewing this garbage as a fact, yet you continue to do so.

Two problems with your edit: 1. My bio has literally 0 relevance to this discussion. 2. Those are definitely English words, but that is NOT the English language. I have no idea what you're asking me.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 17, 2021 5:53 PM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

EDIT:

Literally what the fuck lmao. You keep switching the topic of discussion. Nowhere did I ever argue that Demon Slayer's story was better or worse than any other anime - and I won't because that's entirely subjective and everyone has their own opinions on that matter. I also never said that popularity = quality, so I don't even know what brought you to say that.

Since you clearly need help staying on track, I'll help you out by walking you through exactly what this entire ridiculous discussion is about: You claimed that the only reason Demon Slayer is popular, and the only reason people like the show, is simply due to the fact that it has amazing animation. AKA, "Demon Slayer is carried by animation" - the age old, unoriginal remark that many people on here utilize to lessen the show's brilliance and its achievements. That is what I'm responding to. That's all I ever responded to. You even brought up sources that directly invalidated your own argument. It's very simple: you can't argue that as a fact, because there is no way to actually substantiate a claim like that. The story and characterization isn't amazing to JUST me, it's amazing to MANY people. I understand that you exist solely in this echo-chamber of elitism known as MAL, where the loudest minority of opinions are regarded as fact, but they are exactly that: a minority. MAL constitutes a VERY small percentage of all fans of anime and manga around the world. And that's especially true for Japan, since the Japanese userbase of MAL is so nonexistent that it's not even accounted for in MAL's marketing https://myanimelist.net/advertising. You literally have no basis to be spewing this garbage as a fact, yet you continue to do so.

Two problems with your edit: 1. My bio has literally 0 relevance to this discussion. 2. Those are definitely English words, but that is NOT the English language. I have no idea what you're asking me.

i enjoyed Demon Slayer but the fact is the story is just your generic battle shonen heck even Naruto have better story and characters than it and a lot of fans of battle shonen will agree that Demon Slayer is nothing special without its great animation

again the fact that in Japan this franchise only have huge manga sales after the anime finished airing will give you an idea that the later episodes carried it particularly episode 19, you will comeback again saying all anime boost the manga sales since anime is just advertisement but Demon Slayer is release on the top manga magazine that is Shonen Jump and i even heard during its early run there that the manga was closed to being cancelled because of low sales

are you telling everyone here that if Demon Slayer have average to bad animation it will be still as popular like right now? literally i brought up other examples like Kyoto Animation anime, One Punch Man and even Jujutsu Kaisen so ye im saying animation quality should be top priority but i never said that they should forget about the story the story should be good enough or just generic and it will be fine sales wise

the survey in Japan that i brought up never mention Animation as part of the choices on the poll but clearly it was said there that the anime sales boost is huge
Oct 17, 2021 6:15 PM
Feb 2018
Scordolo said:
Good for Kny but on the bad side, they're gonna milk the hell out of this franchise with constant remakes.

Yeah i love milk hahaha
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 28, 2021

165 by No1PET »»
Sep 3, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 21, 2021

59 by Craneface »»
Jul 23, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Oct 10, 2021

173 by skatensleep »»
Jun 6, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 17, 2021

79 by TaigaDominatesMe »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 14, 2021

54 by removed-user »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.