Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2021 6:39 AM
Oct 2019
From manga, light novels, box office revenue, DVD/Bluray sales, the market value of Kimetsu is roughly 1 Trillion Yen, which is equal to $USD 8,74 billion.
https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/461664
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 15, 2021 6:42 AM

Jul 2020
Good for Kny but on the bad side, they're gonna milk the hell out of this franchise with constant remakes.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 15, 2021 6:50 AM
Aug 2021
Scordolo said:
Good for Kny but on the bad side, they're gonna milk the hell out of this franchise with constant remakes.

more kny is never a bad thing
Oct 15, 2021 6:54 AM
Dec 2017
Oh splendid, that means more and more shonen stuff is going to be milked.

Oct 15, 2021 7:02 AM

Jul 2020
deadtrimmcge said:
Scordolo said:

So you'll won't mind if it ends up like Boruto?

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 15, 2021 7:03 AM
Sep 2020
Crow_Black said:

I mean, if they continue to make adaptations of THIS quality, I think it's worth it
Oct 15, 2021 7:04 AM

Jul 2020
Xacobe01 said:
Crow_Black said:

I mean, if they continue to make adaptations of THIS quality, I think it's worth it

Hence why I'm starting to lose faith in this generation who only think Animation is everything and not the story.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 15, 2021 7:06 AM
Oct 2019
He has a point. Everything has its limit. Because the series already ended over a year, Ufotable needs to wrap the animation fast before the public loses interests in the franchise. Currently, Ufotable Cafes and Webshop are selling Halloween theme of Kimetsu's characters. This is the main source of income for the company.
Oct 15, 2021 7:28 AM
Dec 2017
Scordolo said:
Xacobe01 said:

Hence why I'm starting to lose faith in this generation who only think Animation is everything and not the story.

Oh yeah, this generation of weebs, are really just so uncultured these days.

Oct 15, 2021 7:33 AM

Jul 2020
Crow_Black said:
Scordolo said:

Yeah, quality writing shows like Odd taxi or Vinland saga is getting so hard to find these days because of mediocre battle shounen.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 15, 2021 7:44 AM

Jan 2021
Great for Kny and ufotable.
I hope that ufotable can now spend more time and money on many different series after Kny.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 15, 2021 7:47 AM

Feb 2020
That's great news for everyone involved with KNY especially the manga writer and the ufotable staff.
Oct 15, 2021 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Of course 13-15 y.o. kids are the main consumers so no surprise here
Oct 15, 2021 7:55 AM
May 2021
Scordolo said:
Crow_Black said:

Yeah, quality writing shows like Odd taxi or Vinland saga is getting so hard to find these days because of mediocre battle shounen.
fact
(15 character limit)
Oct 15, 2021 8:26 AM
Feb 2021
Note that ufotable won’t get all of that amount since there are fees they need to pay like distribution fee for Aniplex, production fee for Shueisha and several others. But the one that benefit the most will be ufotable in the end.
Oct 15, 2021 8:36 AM
Jan 2021
deadtrimmcge said:
Scordolo said:

two words live action
Oct 15, 2021 8:54 AM
Sep 2020
Scordolo said:
Xacobe01 said:

There are anime for story, and anime for action. I dislike shonen story, but a good shonen show has really good action which can be enjoyed. This way, I always come out winning.

Besides, good story with bad animation in an animated medium makes a show mediocre, since half of the appeal of a show is on the animation side of things
Oct 15, 2021 9:01 AM

Oct 2020
Da milk will come.
Welp, imma still consume da milk if the quality (of the execution) is as good as before.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Oct 15, 2021 9:34 AM
Jan 2021
With that kind of money we can get a faithful anime adaptation of Berserk and Steel ball run ☹️
Oct 15, 2021 9:35 AM
Sep 2020
Scordolo said:
Crow_Black said:

U should watch Sonny boy then. And Vinland saga is watered seinen, at least the first season. Weird that you don't mention the likes of paranoia agent, tenshi no tamago, or sonny boy as I said before if you're so cultured.
Xacobe01Oct 15, 2021 10:02 AM
Oct 15, 2021 9:46 AM

May 2021
Aerosmith224 said:
Of course 13-15 y.o. kids are the main consumers so no surprise here
Source? (15 character limit)
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 15, 2021 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
DANG. thats insane, good for them
Oct 15, 2021 11:43 AM
Apr 2021
Scordolo said:
deadtrimmcge said:

So you'll won't mind if it ends up like Boruto?

Boruto is the way it is because the manga’s monthly while the anime’s weekly. KnY is probably gonna have like 3-4 seasons bc the manga’s already finished, but yea there’s a chance we’re getting a lot of side series and stuff
Oct 15, 2021 1:00 PM

May 2009
Scordolo said:

This isn't FMA where it got fastest remake for anime ever, manga is complete.
But they will definitely make liveaction movies in few years.
Oct 15, 2021 1:36 PM
Oct 2019
bastek66 said:

But they will definitely make liveaction movies in few years.

Japanese fans already suggested Japanese live cast for the series last year:
https://youtu.be/JDI1WR5VwnQ

Surprisingly, for the English version, I saw some people even suggested John Boyega (Star Wars) as Tanjiro, John Cena as Gyomei, lol. Hollywood is infamous for making bad live action movies for anime. Hence, I hope they will not touch the series. Dragonball Evolution and Ghost in the Shell are typical examples.
Oct 15, 2021 2:02 PM

Apr 2020
Anything Ufotable touches turns to gold- even if it’s demonslayer
I can't even function as a human being anymore.
Oct 15, 2021 2:18 PM

May 2009
Elvarth said:
Surprisingly, for the English version, I saw some people even suggested John Boyega (Star Wars) as Tanjiro, John Cena as Gyomei, lol. Hollywood is infamous for making bad live action movies for anime. Hence, I hope they will not touch the series. Dragonball Evolution and Ghost in the Shell are typical examples.

Thankfully story doesn't work outside Taisho Japan so they will never make hollywood movie out of it.
Oct 15, 2021 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
Scordolo said:
Xacobe01 said:

What are u even saying smh, most studios don’t make anime originals, they adapt stories from manga, light novels and visual novels, so they don’t have to go around spending money for production of source material
Oct 15, 2021 11:28 PM
Jul 2021
Man
Literally, masterclass animation can put a below average story also to great heights
But , man, these days people only need soundtrack and animation, story is nothing for them
Oct 15, 2021 11:50 PM

Aug 2020
Congratulations! KNY mangaka, anime staff and it's fans.
Oct 15, 2021 11:56 PM

Jan 2009
the whole anime industry should realize that great animation or visuals should be their top priority if they want big profit

Kyoto Animation usually have average story but all great visuals or animation and look how profitable that studio is for decades, then One Punch Man season 1 confirmed that too and now Demon Slayer too
Oct 16, 2021 12:27 AM

May 2021
devilmaacry said:
Man
Literally, masterclass animation can put a below average story also to great heights
But , man, these days people only need soundtrack and animation, story is nothing for them

deg said:
the whole anime industry should realize that great animation or visuals should be their top priority if they want big profit

Kyoto Animation usually have average story but all great visuals or animation and look how profitable that studio is for decades, then One Punch Man season 1 confirmed that too and now Demon Slayer too

So like, did it ever occur to either of you that most people like this show specifically for its story, characters, and cultural significance?
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 12:29 AM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
devilmaacry said:
Man

deg said:

So like, did it ever occur to either of you that most people like this show specifically for its story, characters, and cultural significance?

Demon Slayer become big because of episode 19 alone dude and specifically the last sakuga scene with awesome animation and soundtrack

if Demon Slayer got bad animation it will not be as popular
Oct 16, 2021 12:33 AM
Jul 2021
MikitoList said:
devilmaacry said:
Man

deg said:

Characters are good , but only some of them like Inouske, rengoku, tengen or giyuu
And man , story is quite generic and flawed and ending is the worst ending after Tokyo ghoul re
Very much rushed and all the plot armour which series avoid come together at last

But animation and soundtracks are masterclass
Oct 16, 2021 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
@MikitoList

here the impact of episode 19 of Demon Slayer https://twitter.com/Josu_ke/status/1442892253081473025

First thing to notice is that the Kimetsu big explotion started after the anime ended.

And most interesting, Tokyo Revengers and Jujutsu Kaisen have had a similar increase but at different speeds. One right at the start of the anime and the other later on the show airing
Oct 16, 2021 1:04 AM

Sep 2016
Saw a few newer scenes of Enmu in the game along with the reveal of new powers… if they’re going to milk this arc I hope they added new content for him like the game OTL Alas congrats to the show for making this much, it does deserve it ^u^

Oct 16, 2021 2:48 AM

May 2021
deg said:
MikitoList said:

Demon Slayer become big because of episode 19 alone dude and specifically the last sakuga scene with awesome animation and soundtrack

if Demon Slayer got bad animation it will not be as popular
What’s really funny is how that chart you sent me shows the exact opposite. There was 0 difference in its slope after episode 19. If it was purely because of the great animation of episode 19 (which by the way, wasn’t just greatly animated, but also amazingly written) that the manga sales were boosted, they would’ve been boosted the week immediately after. But no, the manga sales exploded after the release of the next volume, because people wanted to continue the amazing STORY. And you’re saying a bunch of shit that is neither factually proven, nor can you substantiate.

devilmaacry said:

Characters are good , but only some of them like Inouske, rengoku, tengen or giyuu
And man , story is quite generic and flawed and ending is the worst ending after Tokyo ghoul re
Very much rushed and all the plot armour which series avoid come together at last

But animation and soundtracks are masterclass

And that’s a really cool opinion!
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 2:50 AM

Jul 2020
deg said:

Then by your logic God of highschool would've been a cultural phenomenon and would've been hailed as peak 2d Animation Martial Arts -_-

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 16, 2021 2:54 AM

Jan 2009
Scordolo said:
deg said:

Then by your logic God of highschool would've been a cultural phenomenon and would've been hailed as peak 2d Animation Martial Arts -_-

rule of thumb is what im saying here instead of a rule and besides there is exception to every rule anyway

@MikitoList

lol social media power or influence is not that instant anyway youre expecting instant drastic increase in sales the week after episode 19 was aired? thats too unrealistic
Oct 16, 2021 3:09 AM
Jul 2021
See at last
Story with only great animation and soundtracks have huge popularity but not the Praise and even polarized fanbase

But story with nice story and plotting Even having low popularity has that praise
Because you can't pick any major flaw in them

Biggest examples are monster,fmab, death note, gintama and many more
Ds even getting your name type animation can't touch the greatness of these Animes

Not telling ds is bad, don't kill me
But after reading manga , man uts solid 6/10
Don't kill me
Oct 16, 2021 3:18 AM

May 2021
deg said:
Scordolo said:

rule of thumb is what im saying here instead of a rule and besides there is exception to every rule anyway

@MikitoList

lol social media power or influence is not that instant anyway youre expecting instant drastic increase in sales the week after episode 19 was aired? thats too unrealistic
Yeah no, it’s not unrealistic. The manga sales instantaneously boosted again the week after the re-airing of Season 1 & the Mugen Train movie. They didn’t wait 2 months and then coincidentally spike as a new volume released. The data simply just doesn’t show what you’re trying to prove. Even if the manga sales spiked after Ep 19, that still doesn’t prove that it was purely because of animation. That’s not even something that can be possibly proven. You’re just making unsubstantiated claims.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Oct 16, 2021 3:20 AM

Jan 2009
MikitoList said:
deg said:

@MikitoList

Yeah no, it’s not unrealistic. The manga sales instantaneously boosted again the week after the re-airing of Season 1 & the Mugen Train movie. They didn’t wait 2 months and then coincidentally spike as a new volume released. The data simply just doesn’t show what you’re trying to prove. Even if the manga sales spiked after Ep 19, that still doesn’t prove that it was purely because of animation. That’s not even something that can be possibly proven. You’re just making unsubstantiated claims.

more like interpreting the data and how historically great animation and visuals boosted the popularity of an anime and i already provided even a whole studio dedicated to that observation

if you think Demon Slayer have great story then ok that is just you and not the general population since we know mainstream shows have generic stories most of the time it all comes down to execution like better visuals or animation at this one
Oct 16, 2021 3:21 AM

Jan 2021
@deg
@devilmaacry

I know what you guys are trying to say but according to your logic anime's like tales of zestria and God eater would have been the most popular anime along with fate and kny, but no TOZ and God eater are rated pretty low and arent that popular because even though they have stunning visuals, they lack in the plot and story.
Now the plot and characters of Kny might be weak to you, but I guess majority of us liked it and thats why it got so popular.

Oct 16, 2021 3:22 AM

Jan 2009
FZREMAKE said:
@deg
@devilmaacry

I know what you guys are trying to say but according to your logic anime's like tales of zestria and God eater would have been the most popular anime along with fate and kny, but no TOZ and God eater are rated pretty low and arent that popular because even though they have stunning visuals, they lack in the plot and story.
Now the plot and characters of Kny might be weak to you, but I guess majority of us liked it and thats why it got so popular.

again every rule has an exception, im just saying the rule of thumb of big popularity or big profit today is great animation or visuals first
Oct 16, 2021 3:24 AM

Jan 2021
deg said:
FZREMAKE said:
@deg
@devilmaacry

again every rule has an exception, im just saying the rule of thumb of big popularity or big profit today is great animation or visuals first

I agree with what you say, but saying that its writing and characters suck is totally subjective. You can agree or disagree but the objective thing is that majority will agree that it has well written characters and a great plot.

Oct 16, 2021 3:27 AM
Dec 2020
Xacobe01 said:
Crow_Black said:

quality? The only quality about demon slayer is true animation. The ENTIRE first episode of the mugen train anime arc was anime canon or filler. It was absolute textbook generic shonen, and you could very easily tell. Rengoku was one of the most boring anime characters I’ve ever seen in this episode. “Evil bad. I will stop evil and protect everyone at all costs” don’t know how you can get more generic than that.
Oct 16, 2021 3:27 AM

Jan 2009
FZREMAKE said:
deg said:

I agree with what you say, but saying that its writing and characters suck is totally subjective. You can agree or disagree but the objective thing is that majority will agree that it has well written characters and a great plot.

dude i enjoyed Demon Slayer to give a high rating both anime and manga but im not a blind fanboy that will say it has a groundbreaking or even an original story, i agree that the characters of this show are great but im talking about how generic the story is the story is just executed better with how great the animation and how fast pace or never boring the story pacing in the manga is
Oct 16, 2021 5:20 AM
Sep 2020
slimepoop said:
Xacobe01 said:

quality? The only quality about demon slayer is true animation. The ENTIRE first episode of the mugen train anime arc was anime canon or filler. It was absolute textbook generic shonen, and you could very easily tell. Rengoku was one of the most boring anime characters I’ve ever seen in this episode. “Evil bad. I will stop evil and protect everyone at all costs” don’t know how you can get more generic than that.

I'm referring to quality in the technical side of things. Nobody grown up enough enjoys a shounen for its story, but you can enjoy more things. Don't be like that "cultured taste" guy that talks about quality shows and hasn't watched even 80 animes, let alone quality ones.

And yeah @Scordolo, that's you right there
Oct 16, 2021 5:28 AM
Dec 2020
Xacobe01 said:
slimepoop said:

I'm referring to quality in the technical side of things. Nobody grown up enough enjoys a shounen for its story, but you can enjoy more things. Don't be like that "cultured taste" guy that talks about quality shows and hasn't watched even 80 animes, let alone quality ones.

I wasn’t aware there was a certain age where you couldn’t enjoy a piece of media? Also I guess not watching 80 different anime makes my opinion invalid. Stop gate keeping.
Oct 16, 2021 5:37 AM
Sep 2020
slimepoop said:
Xacobe01 said:

I wasn’t aware there was a certain age where you couldn’t enjoy a piece of media? Also I guess not watching 80 different anime makes my opinion invalid. Stop gate keeping.

I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy anything. I really enjoy a good well done shonen, with good action, good animation, good ost, good effects... What I said is that if you want a good, different, interesting story, you're not going to go for a shounen, you may watch something from old-school Madhouse, an interesting film, some psichological anime, even some slice of life or action anime! But shounen anime stories are not that much interesting, they tend to be simple, with easy to understand characters, themes, motivations... because they are literally made for children! The literal name of the genre is child in Japanese!

I literally just said that shounen anime isn't the best source of interesting stories, characters, themes... Not that you shouldn't enjoy it just because it's simple.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Oct 10, 2021

172 by instantzoso »»
Mar 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 28, 2021

161 by ReikkaLord »»
Feb 21, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 17, 2021

79 by TaigaDominatesMe »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 21, 2021

58 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 14, 2021

54 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.