Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 6 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2021 12:58 PM
Dec 2019
salarx said:
houlouk said:

But we don't know exactly how it attracts witches

It's the power of Nemu. She can say whatever and it will happen. She just has to say, "All the Witches shall gather in Chelation Land" and it'll happen. Maybe she doesn't have enough life force to do this so that why it's bound to Tsuruno to do the same.

thanks (it is probably spoil but I think it should have been precised before, so it is ok for me)
I hope they will explain how she obtained such a power
(she is weakened when she uses it fortunately so there is a limitation because otherwise it would be a little over the top)
Sep 6, 2021 1:00 PM

May 2018
Yeah this episode was a big downgrade with many mistakes in it. Oh well let's hope the last 2 episodes are good then
Sep 6, 2021 1:03 PM
Jun 2020
houlouk said:
salarx said:

Yes, but that is kind of strange that with all the magical girls present, only kuroe was able to activate her doppel (even if probability is not strictly 0, that is true)
And another thing that is not really is that we don't know if doppels is activated voluntary or automatically when soul gem is nearly corrupted
Unconcious ? They seemed dead to me

I agree with you that others should have doppeled. Maybe they could have used this as an excuse to show off Ryo's doppel. However I can understand why they didn't have anyone else doppel especially since it was largely offscreened to begin with. If I was the director and decided to make this a full on animated fight I likely would not have anyone doppel either. It is just too costly in time and resources to give one off characters even the most generic of doppel. I would have just hand waved it with, "They underestimated Kuroe," "They were overly confident in their numbers," "Thought Kuroe would tire out," or "Kuroe got the jump on them so they didn't have a chance." We have already seen magical girls can be knocked out without doppelling so they do have plausible means to excuse no one else doppeling. Not to mention I am sure some feathers are afraid of their doppel.

Doppel is automatic once the soul gem fills out since it is taking the place of witching out. However, Magical Girls have a degree of control on how fast it fills up. If you are depressed you can make it fill up pretty fast. If you expend a lot of magic it will also get dark pretty fast. So it seems like the characters are procing their doppels on their own when really they are just tainting their soul gem. This why a character like Kaede will overuse their doppel whereas someone like Rena or Momoko probably never used it. Also doppels are often never used to start a fight and are often obtained mid way through. Mifuyu and Yachiyo don't open with it and only use it after some fighting and emotions. Kuroe tries to use it after being knocked down by the Uwasa and afraid to die. Last episode Kuroe uses it after being knocked down, seeing Iroha trying to protect her sorry self, and then using a good amount of magic to get Iroha to flee. This is why the Kaede doppel in EP4 is such a shocking scene because she goes from 0 to 100 instantly.

Next you asked about Walpurgis. I feel like their are enough context clues into how it fits with Magius's plan but since I don't believe it has been outwardly stated, I will just say it is still a mystery. I did read an interesting theory that the Walpurgis was drawn to Mitakihara due to Madoka and Homura karmic destiny and potential. The person then stated that Touka likely had to be using an even stronger bait.
Sep 6, 2021 3:28 PM

Jan 2019
salarx said:
Yes the feathers are fighting witches, but not the way you see it. The witches are fodder for the bigger witch, and they are just restraining them. We don't know how much grasp Kanagi has of the situation, and we don't see these magical girls being aware of Magius' plan, so why do you think they should be involved in thwarting Magius' Plan? You tackle the problem you see, and all they see is many many witches. And we have seen enough witch fights and they aren't even major villains anymore. Girls from Mitakihara infiltrate HQ because they want to save Mami, and that's a setup from Season 1. Yachiyo wants to help Iroha, and that's a setup from 4th Episode.

As this is one of several questions the anime has not clarified enough, I thought it was natural to assume that, just as they did with the Mikazuki-sou girls, the Magius offered an invitation to the girls in Kanagi's region to explain the purpose of the organization, and that, in general, the perversion of Magius' plan was widely known among the magical girls. But that's not really important. The problem is, if these characters are not important to the story, why spend screen time with them when the anime could be more concerned with making other parts of the episode make more sense? A few more seconds in some scenes could have made a difference.

salarx said:
Someone is able to capture Witches in cubes, and the other is able to create Rumours which can do absolutely anything. And you're wondering Witches are roaming outside the labyrinth. Anyway, PMMM never says Witches cannot exist outside Labyrinths. They only do it so to trap the prey, so that it cannot leave. Walpurgisnacht is so powerful and affects such a large area, that it doesn't need a Labyrinth since people cannot run away. Other Witches can exist outside Labyrinths too, the only thing is they won't be able to survive that way (preys running away, magical girls seeing them easily, etc).

Well, that was my interpretation of the phrase "Walpurgisnacht is so powerful that it doesn't need to hide in a labyrinth". To me it seemed to imply that this is a matter of power, as if normal witches need to be in labyrinths because they don't have enough power to manifest in the real world, whereas that's not a problem for Walpurgisnacht and Kriemhild Gretchen.

metalmonstar said:
Firstly, Magius plan is not to destroy the world and create a new one. It is to feed witches to Eve so that the doppel system can be expanded worldwide. Should they have shown the feathers capturing the witches? Sure. Should they have maybe stated that Chelation land rumor is what allows the witches to be out and about? Sure but that is a separate matter.

That was the impression I got from those talks like "bring your families here to protect them", "we will release a witch more powerful than Walpurgisnacht" and "normal people have enjoyed the advances of the world that have only happened due to the exploitation of magical girls like cattle, and they have to pay for it".
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Sep 6, 2021 3:54 PM

Dec 2013
Mami is finally here and with her the OG crew is back, rough animation but even so I do like this season more than the last one.
Sep 6, 2021 4:12 PM
Jun 2020
Ryoketsu said:

metalmonstar said:
Firstly, Magius plan is not to destroy the world and create a new one. It is to feed witches to Eve so that the doppel system can be expanded worldwide. Should they have shown the feathers capturing the witches? Sure. Should they have maybe stated that Chelation land rumor is what allows the witches to be out and about? Sure but that is a separate matter.

That was the impression I got from those talks like "bring your families here to protect them", "we will release a witch more powerful than Walpurgisnacht" and "normal people have enjoyed the advances of the world that have only happened due to the exploitation of magical girls like cattle, and they have to pay for it".

Ah, I took that scene to be showcasing Touka's descent rather than having anything to do with her actual plan. I mean it is clear to me that Touka is fine with sacrifices no matter the cost. She seems to be getting progressively more unhinged. Not Alina crazy mind you, but she seems to be getting quite comfortable in her loli dictator shoes.

Earlier on Touka says we won't forgive them but now it is we will make them pay.

The flashbacks in S1 are pretty much most of what we get as far as Touka's character. The first is Touka burning books with her toy train. In which she deflects responsibility and blames the books for being flammable. Pretty much just showcasing that Touka is a brat. The next and the more important one is Touka using Drake's formula to prove that finding friends is a small miracle. Which if you think about it is just plain wrong. This is pretty much the key point of Touka's character. She is incredibly smart hence the formula but also really dumb misusing it and coming to the wrong conclusion. However because she is a spoiled, egotistical, brat she can't see her own mistakes. Thus we have everything that is currently going on.
Sep 8, 2021 4:17 AM

Apr 2014
The whole episode felt like it was 40min cut into 23, a lot of skipping and all.
Sep 8, 2021 9:33 AM
Jan 2020
screaming when Homura was having flashbacks!!!!!!!!
Sep 18, 2021 9:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
There are way too many things happening at the same time, but finally we get Iroha and Madoka's together
Sep 24, 2021 11:43 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta love how Kyouko is practically the coolest character in all Magia Record. She has been acting like such a good onee-chan towards Iroha, Sana and Felicia. It's lovely~

Overall, episode with some really notorious continuation errors but still entertaining to some extent. Madoka Magica cast is finally complete and now it's time to bring Mami back.
Oct 2, 2021 7:44 AM

Aug 2018
Seems like final battle is right here.. Or is it?.. Still lots of things not revealed.. Maybe at best we'll stop witches.. Somehow.. But still there is small Kyubey thing.. And other..
Feb 16, 12:23 AM
Apr 2017
Ehh, it was okay episode at best? Ngl, felt weaker than previous episodes for sure, I loved seeing OG girlies! Yeah, I felt like this ep too was rushed, like looked unfinished like many of others have pointed out. Also Tsuruno is now their uwasa puppet?? Like why tho?? Mifuyu suddenly chaning her mind? Okay..

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2021

48 by Biisoo »»
Apr 28, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2021

38 by Biisoo »»
Apr 28, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 31, 2021

109 by Biisoo »»
Apr 25, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2021

52 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2021

66 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.